Most of us knew this has been in the pipeline for the past several months, but it’s great to finally see the public unveiling of a full features list and the GUI maker over. Looks like the best DAW on iPad, is about to get even better!
With over two years in the making, we’re really excited to finally give you a preview of the upcoming Auria Pro. Full MIDI capabilities, real-time audio warping, powerful audio bussing, two built-in synths and much more, Auria Pro raises the bar in mobile recording once again. Auria Pro will be on display at our booth at NAMM (Booth #6903).
Comprehensive MIDI capabilities including:
Tempo and Time-signature tracks
Piano roll editor
Real-time MIDI parameters including quantize, velocity shift, velocity compression,
length compression, random, delay, legato and transpose
Groove template quantizing with built-in DNA grooves (additional grooves available for
MIDI processing functions including Transpose, Fixed Length, Velocity Gain, Fixed
Humanize, Delete Overlaps, Crescendo, Reverse, Pedal to Length, Velocity Rescale,
Velocity Range, Velocity Curve and Compress/Limit
FabFilter Twin 2 Analog synth built in
WaveMachine Labs multi-format sampler built in
Powerful new audio routing with flexible busses
Real-time audio warping using Elastique Pro v3
Audio quantize feature
Audio to MIDI conversion
6 AUX sends
Updated graphics and overall performance improvements
Auria Pro will be available Spring 2015 and will be priced at $49.99 USD, and existing Auria users will also be able to upgrade to Auria Pro for a reduced price. Pricing for the standard Auria version will be $24.99.
Shure is introducing the MOTIV™ range of digital products, a new plug-and-play microphone line aimed at individuals looking to capture high-quality, 24-bit 48 kHz audio via a Mac, PC or Apple iOS device for podcasts, YouTube videos, field recording, or to capture acoustic/vocal performances. All four members of the new MOTIV range are Apple MFi (made for iPhone, iPod, or iPad) certified devices, including three condenser models (the MV5, MV88 stereo model, and MV51 large-diaphragm model) and a sleek digital audio interface (MVi) that can connect directly to any iOS device without additional adapters or connection kits. For in-depth control, there’s also the free ShurePlus™ MOTIV Mobile Recording iOS app.
The microphones and interface come with five user-selectable DSP modes — Speech, Singing, Flat, Acoustic Instrument, and Loud — designed to help entry-level users seeking better audio quality, and which set audio parameters on the different models behind the scenes, including gain, EQ, and compression.
“The design of the MOTIV range acknowledges respected Shure products of the past, while offering the latest in modern technology and connectivity,” comments Shure Senior Product Manager Wolfgang Bilz. “The MOTIV range was conceived to offer everyone the means to record high-quality sound directly onto mobile and USB devices. With their advanced sound quality, durable construction, powerful DSP and flexible operation, they continue the high standards for which Shure is known.”
About MOTIV Digital Products
• MV5 Digital Condenser Microphone: The MV5 is ideal for recording vocals and acoustic instruments, or for use with Skype, and comes equipped with three DSP modes, Micro-B to USB and Micro-B to Lightning cables. Engineered for quick and easy portable use, the MOTIV MV5 has a custom tuned microphone capsule and a built-in headphone output for real-time monitoring. It’s available in grey and black and ships complete with a detachable desktop stand and integrated thread mount compatible with any quarter-inch standard camera tripod.
• MV88 iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone: The MV88 allows users of any Apple iPhone, iPod, or iPad equipped with a Lightning connector to capture high-quality field recordings on the go. The mid-side microphone element is situated on a hinged, rotating mount for flexible repositioning – even in video applications, and its five built-in DSP preset modes, plus 5-band EQ, stereo width control, and other advanced features are easily accessed through the free ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App.
• MV51 Digital Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone: Specifically engineered for high-quality digital audio capture, the all-digital MV51 connects to any iOS device, Mac, or PC, and comes with Micro-B to Lightning and Micro-B to USB cables. In addition to its five DSP preset modes for optimal recording, the MV51 includes the industry’s first touch panel control for quick access to gain, phantom power, mute, and headphone volume adjustments. The one-inch capsule element is easily monitored in real-time through the built-in headphone output, and the striking vintage design includes an integrated kickstand for desktop use, which quickly adapts for use with standard mic stands.
• MVi Digital Audio Interface: The durable, low-profile MVi connects any XLR microphone or quarter-inch (6.3 mm) jack instrument (guitar, bass, or keyboard) to an iOS device, Mac, or PC for high-quality audio capture. In addition to the five built-in DSP preset modes, the MVi also includes Micro-B to Lightning and Micro-B to USB cables, as well as Shure’s onboard touch panel control for quick access to gain, mute, and headphone volume adjustments.
• ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App: The free Recording App for iOS devices allows real-time adjustments for the best performance. The easy-to-use interface includes selectable DSP preset modes, microphone gain adjustment, and an intuitive stereo width control that adjusts the microphone pick-up pattern for optimal results, depending on the sound source and surrounding environment.
The MOTIV product line will be available in summer 2015.
FLUX:FX is a professional multi-effect audio processor app for the iPad that lets you ‘play’ your effects. Innovative, intuitive and exciting, FLUX:FX lets you manipulate any audio signal into something entirely new, and redefines the possibilities of audio and live performance in an app with an almost unlimited range of effect options. FLUX:FX is a truly authentic digital platform for next-level sound design. Guitar, bass, synth, drums, vocals, DJ setup, violin… basically ANY audio signal can be processed in real-time by FLUX:FX. Over 18 months in development, this app represents the pinnacle of touch-screen multi-effects, and was designed in conjunction with acclaimed musician Adrian Belew for both studio and live use.
TRULY CREATIVE EFFECTS: FLUX:FX has over 30 studio-quality effects to choose from, and an almost unlimited range of settings to let you twist and sculpt your sound. Chain 5 together for maximum aural impact.
POWERFUL SEQUENCER: A touch-based automation sequencer for your effects that adds a completely new fluid dimension to your sound design.
DEEP EDITING HEAVEN: Every parameter of every effect is editable, assignable and with the fine tuner dial, PRECISE. That makes FLUX:FX a tweaker’s paradise.
TRANSPARENT INTERFACE DESIGN: FLUX:FX has a beautiful, minimalist interface combining easy-to-use controls with a mesmerising liquid polygon audio visualizer. No fake road-worn pedal graphics here.
MADE TO BE TOUCHED – Designed and built from scratch as an iPad app, FLUX:FX is not a port from an existing plugin, it is MADE to be touched. And swiped, and dragged, and tapped. No tiny dials here.
MADE BY EXPERTS – conceived and created via the combined talents of guitarist extraordinaire Adrian Belew, audio software developers ElephantCandy and mobile specialists MOBGEN.
PLAYS WITH EVERYTHING – Audiobus compatibility (including saved states), Inter-App Audio compatibility, super-fast MIDI, virtually all the audio interfaces… they just work with FLUX:FX.
COMPLEX SOUND, EASY TO USE – chopping, shaping, crushing and looping – FLUX:FX can take you from subtle modulating echoes through to wrecking-ball destruction, all with a swipe of a finger.
LOWEST POSSIBLE LATENCY – FLUX:FX features ultra low-latency settings to give truly professional performance capabilities.
There are more than 30 individual effect blocks that come built-in to FLUX:FX. We do not force users to make in-app purchases to unlock essential tools, or to register in order to stop ‘advertising’ alerts.
Choose from the following audio building blocks to create your modular effect chain:
The best sounds, available to everyone. Announcing a new high-quality mobile sound module app for iPad!
Maintaining its position at the forefront of mobile music apps, KORG now offers you a new style of performance and production with Korg Module for iPad. Ideal for performance and music production, KORG Module is a high-quality sound module app for iPad that contains a sound library over 1 GB. If you have an external MIDI keyboard and an iPad, you can play studio-quality keyboard and grand piano sounds anywhere. You can also use the sounds of KORG Module for the KORG Gadget music production app.
*** Five dedicated sound engines containing powerful tone ***
KORG Module has five dedicated sound engines, providing a number of high-quality sounds that can be played back on your iPad using the “NATIVE ENGINE”. These engines feature technology that was developed for KORG’s historic line of workstations and synthesizers including: Acoustic Piano, Electric Piano, Clav, Organ, and Multi. Each display has carefully selected parameters, making it convenient and easy to adjust the sounds.
*** Welcome to a new mobile world, where your iPad and a MIDI keyboard is all you need for a complete setup ***
Just connect an external MIDI keyboard to your iPad and launch the app to transform your iPad into a high-quality sound module. It’s easy to set up and start playing immediately, whether you’re in your room, a practice studio, or performing live. KORG Module adopts an open hardware philosophy that allows connection to any MIDI keyboard. In addition to using a KORG MIDI keyboard such as the taktile, microKEY (25-key), or nanoKEY2, you can also use other manufacturer’s MIDI keyboards that can be connected to an iPad.
*** Mobile music production in tandem with KORG Gadget ***
You can also use the high-quality KORG Module sounds inside KORG Gadget, the mobile music production app. If you have KORG Module and KORG Gadget, the five tools Salzburg, Montreal, Alexandria, Firenze, and Glasgow are added inside, allowing access the same way as KORG Gadget. These five powerful gadgets will add even more variety to your music productions, raising your music to the next level. Whether for performance or for production, both of these apps deliver ultimate sound.
*** Convenient set list function with a PDF/image score viewer and music player ***
KORG Module provides functions you’ll find convenient in any environment. The set list function provides unified management of all the settings a player needs; it lets you recall the sounds in the ideal order, view music notation, or hear a practice song. The score viewer can load and display an image or PDF file; eliminating the need to carry along a printed music score. You can use the internal camera of your iPad to record and view hand-written memos. You can use the music player to select and play a song from the library of the Music app. Since there’s a tempo change function, you can slow down the tempo without changing the pitch.
*** Power-up even more with expansion sound libraries ***
While KORG Module provides a powerful collection of sounds even with its basic set, you can purchase expansion sound libraries to further extend its sonic scope. As the first round, we present two titles: the third-party mobile premium piano “Ivory Mobile Grand” from SYNTHOGY, and KORG’s own vintage electric piano sound set “Wurley Electric Piano.” Add sound libraries to enjoy an expanding world of mobile sound modules. The added sound libraries can be used with KORG Gadget as well.
Egoist is a groove instrument. Load any audio file and squeeze the groove out of it!
Try your mp3 library and use it as a sound source! The additional onboard bass, beat and fx units make Egoist the perfect track sketch tool in the studio and on the road.
• Quick + Easy track sketching, based on sample slicing
• Minimal, yet effective bass line
• Unique beat box with more than 1000 drums from vintage to electronic
• Effect Sequencer
• Randomizers in all areas
• Inter-App Audio
• Audiocopy / Audiopaste
• Full Midi Support (Virtual, Network, Extern)
• Music Library Access
• iTunes File Sharing
The Slicer arranges up to 16 slices of the loaded sample. Apply different parameters like Reverse, Attack, Decay, Level and pitch with the sequencer. Using the 16 available patterns, up to 16 different samples can be used at any time.
BASS & BEAT:
Egoist includes a great sounding bassline synthesizer/sequencer. The bassline synth offers a mean and strong sound, with different lowpass filter flavors and overdrive. The versatile sequencer is capable of notes and pitch bends of any length.
The internal beat box offers kick, snare and hihat, along with a simple sequencer. If you imagine, that you can change the drum sounds with each pattern, limitations start to get you inspired!
The Effect unit brings funky hickups to your tracks. Engage tapestop, looper, reverb or filter at any time to give your beats that otherworldly feel and create stunning breaks!
Chain your patterns! Or create stunning breakbeats by changing patterns quickly! The internal Part/Song sequencer lets you sketch your pattern progressions and line out your next track.
The very special Slice Keys turn Egoist into a slice keyboard! Play the sequencer steps on the keyboard, with all their settings and effects, you will not believe how cool that is!