What you can expect in the latest update Version 2.0:
• Extension Pack (in-app purchase) is now called Pro Extension.
• Pro Extension: Songs can have either an extra Effect Return or up to 8 Groups.
• Pro Extension: Time stretching in track editors.
• Pro Extension: Tempo editor can process audio tracks.
• Pro Extension: Create new song using current as template.
• Pro Extension features Phase Inverter effect.
• Can now record multiple Audiobus sources simultaneously.
• Uses Audiobus 2.1.5 SDK.
• Improved transport cycling: Overview bar remembers cycle region after transport stopped, longtapping Play button starts cycling, transport menu features ‘Set Cycle Start’ and ‘Set Cycle End’ options.
• Editors: add and draw modes can be sticky (see ‘Sticky add/draw modes’ setting in Preferences pane).
• Editors: tweaked graphics to make it easier to see which mode an editor is in.
• MultitrackStudio Instruments: step through presets by swiping vertically over the instrument box. Also works for SoundFont Player presets and the Pro Extension’s Convolutor effect impulse responses.
• Tempo editor shows mixed version of tracks in background.
• Matrix Sampler now displays the note to which the current cell responds.
• Fixed: SoundFont Player ignored pitch bend range setting.
• Fixed: Matrix Sampler’s Volume knob settings weren’t stored and recalled correctly.
• Several other fixes.
Ok, so this isn’t actually a music making app, but I still think it’s a unique idea to promote an event.
In AUX B you are tasked with connecting the right cables. Bring the music through the different components to the loudspeaker to make it to the next level. If you complete all 80 levels until 15 May 2015, you have the chance of winning 1 of 3 festival tickets for the B-Sides Music Festival.
Algorithm is a beautiful synthesizer for iPad designed to recreate the sounds of classic video games like Zelda, Metroid and Metal Gear Solid. Algorithm harnesses the power of band-limited waveforms to deliver classic sound harkening back to the golden age of sound design. Equally fit for the studio or the stage, the 5 oscillator shapes, ADSR envelope filter, and arpeggiator provides the essential tools to craft custom electronic sounds.
5 Oscillator Types
ADSR Envelope Filter
7 Octave Keyboard
Johnny is a highly versatile stereo multiwave tremolo effect designed for Audiobus and Inter-App Audio, perfect for adding everything from classic guitar amp style tremolo to pulsating, rhythmic multiwave modulation effects for guitar, synths, voice and more. Harmonic Tremolo modes create vintage phaser and univibe like tones, you can also modulate the rate of the main LFOs with a second LFO for interesting speed sweep effects.
In addition to Audiobus and Inter-App Audio, Johnny can process external hardware by connecting a professional USB audio interface such as the Apogee Jam or Apogee ONE, and many more compatible USB interfaces. You can also use the built in headset microphone. Guitarists can use the effects live by connecting the output of their audio interface to an amp.
Johnny supports USB MIDI interfaces via the Camera Connection kit, Bluetooth MIDI (iOS 8), Virtual MIDI and WiFi connections. The MIDI Learn function lets you easily assign your MIDI controller’s knobs and sliders to control Johnny’s effect parameters.
For more info and video demos visit: http://johnnyfxapp.com
Check out our entire FX series including Caramel, Crystalline, Echo Pad, Stereo Designer and Swoopster!
● requires iOS 7.1 or later
● iPad 2, iPad Mini 1st gen or newer
● Audiobus compatible (Effect, state saving)
● Inter-App audio compatible (effect node)
● Compatible with DAW apps such as Auria, Cubasis, Garageband and Multitrack DAW
● compatible with USB audio interfaces
● Core MIDI (USB, Virtual, Wifi)
● MIDI over Bluetooth (iOS 8, receiver)
● Control Left and Right channel Tremolo Rate, Depth, Shape, and Multiwave parameters to produce everything form subtle tremolo to wildly modulated stereo tremolo effects.
● Multiple modes including Classic Tremolo and Harmonic Tremolo.
● Modulate the rate of the main LFOs with a second LFO for interesting speed sweep effects.
● BPM synced tremolo including MIDI clock sync, independent per channel or linked.
● Audiobus compatible with state saving
● Inter-app Audio compatible
● Core MIDI compatible, works with any MIDI controller via MIDI Learn
Johnny works with just about any professional iOS compatible USB audio interfaces. Here is a list of interfaces that have been tested and verified to be compatible:
● Apogee Jam and Jam96k
● Apogee Mic and Mic96k
● Apogee ONE for iPad/Mac
● Apogee DUET for iPad/Mac
● Apogee QUARTET for iPad/Mac
● iRig HD
● iRig iMic
● Focusrite Scarlett series (*requires USB hub)
● Focusrite iTrack dock
● Alesis io2
● Alesis IO Dock
● Behringer UCA202
● many more
Taking all of the content from Mike Johnston’s GROOVE FREEDOM book, this app features:
* Over 50 “Groove Freedom Systems” through 4 different chapters: Bass Drum Freedom, Snare Drum Freedom, World Groove Ostinatos, and 32nd Note Grooves.
* Each “Groove Freedom System” comes with 15 different exercises to practice – with more planned in future releases.
* Practice the displayed pattern while listening to the drum audio, click track, or both. Adjust the tempo to fit your needs.
* Adjust the volume and stereo pan of each limb part separately or mute a part to simplify a challenging pattern.
* “Repeat Measure” and “Auto Tempo Increase” features to help you keep your practice focused.
* See your progress by viewing your entire practice history: what groove and exercises you practiced when with informative statistics and graphs.
* Share your progress on popular social media networks.
OS AND DEVICE SUPPORT
Requires iOS7 or greater.
Supports iPad2 through iPad Air 2, iPad Mini through iPad Mini 3
Groove Freedom comes packed with three full lessons for you to experience everything that the app has to offer straight from the moment you download it. Subscribing to Premium Access gives you access to all existing groove systems with new groove systems being added every month.
The length of a Premium Access subscription is 1 month. Pricing is clearly shown within the app prior to purchase. Discounts are available for 6-month and 1-year subscriptions as well.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
* Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
* Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the subscription price selected, and will clearly identify the cost of the renewal.
* You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
* Please note that you will not be able to cancel the current subscription during the active subscription period.
Developer: SUN RISING APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT LLC
The guys at Wavelabs have put together a video covering some of the new features you can expect to see in their upcoming ‘pro’ version of Auria. Check it out below –
Grab the current version, which is on sale at the moment –
The lite version is fully functional except for the following limitations:
– MIDI is disabled
– Inter-app Audio is disabled
– Audiobus is disabled
– Saving is disabled
– Only 40 factory presets are included
– Four operators configurable in eight different routings
– Three sound engines modelled on 1980s hardware units
– Eight waveforms derived from classic FM synths
– 2x, 3x, and 4x polyphonic unison
– Tempo-syncable arpeggiator with up, down, up-down, and random patterns
– Microtuning with eight different temperaments
– Up to 24 voices of polyphony
Modelled on the popular DX series from the 1980s FM4 provides the same gritty sound, with a modern interface, and without being bound by the limitations of the original units.
Every aspect of the hardware — from envelope curves to sine-table sizes and quantisation errors to digital-to-analogue converters — has been meticulously analysed, in order to recreate the raw and dirty sound of the original units.
The interface has been carefully thought-out and is simple and intuitive, yet powerful — with every parameter being available on a single page. No menus, tabs, or jumping from page to page.
FM4 is capable of producing a multitude of sounds, ranging from punchy basses, crystal-clear bells, and lush pads, to organic textures, striking drums, and piercing leads.
All product names used are trademarks of their respective owners, and reference to these here in no way constitutes an association or affiliation with Primal Audio. All trademarks are solely used to identify the products whose sound was studied during the development of FM4.
Why another mono synth?
Well, because I thought it would be fun to make one! This one does have one thing you rarely find, and that’s oscillator panning. With this you can create some nice effects using an LFO for the pan and also create wide stereo lead sounds easily!
The synth is completely free with no in-apps. If you feel the need to pay something for it, go see a gig by a local band! If that doesn’t cover it, buy their t-shirt! (or their CD if you have one of those CD-players we used to have 3 years ago)
* Minimalistic size, fast loading time and CoreMIDI Support!
* 3 Oscillators with customisable waveform (sine, square, saw), phase, level, detune and pan
* Lowpass and Highpass filters
* 2 LFO’s with customisable targets from filter values to oscillator panning and detune
* Filter and Amp Envelopes
* Portamento (almost named that ‘Glide’ but came to my senses. Portamento is portamento!)
* Delay and Chorus effects (very basic, I know)
* A few presets
* Saving and loading your own sounds
* Virtual keyboard
What’s New in Version 1.1
- New completely updated interface!
* All sliders replaced with knobs
* New visual style
* Smaller version of the keyboard available always at the bottom of the screen!
Most of us knew this has been in the pipeline for the past several months, but it’s great to finally see the public unveiling of a full features list and the GUI maker over. Looks like the best DAW on iPad, is about to get even better!
With over two years in the making, we’re really excited to finally give you a preview of the upcoming Auria Pro. Full MIDI capabilities, real-time audio warping, powerful audio bussing, two built-in synths and much more, Auria Pro raises the bar in mobile recording once again. Auria Pro will be on display at our booth at NAMM (Booth #6903).
Comprehensive MIDI capabilities including:
- MIDI sequencing
- Tempo and Time-signature tracks
- Piano roll editor
- Real-time MIDI parameters including quantize, velocity shift, velocity compression,
- length compression, random, delay, legato and transpose
- Groove template quantizing with built-in DNA grooves (additional grooves available for
- MIDI processing functions including Transpose, Fixed Length, Velocity Gain, Fixed
- Velocity, Delete Notes, Delete Controller, Restrict Polyphony, Optimize Controller Data,
- Humanize, Delete Overlaps, Crescendo, Reverse, Pedal to Length, Velocity Rescale,
- Velocity Range, Velocity Curve and Compress/Limit
- FabFilter Twin 2 Analog synth built in
- WaveMachine Labs multi-format sampler built in
- Powerful new audio routing with flexible busses
- Real-time audio warping using Elastique Pro v3
- Audio quantize feature
- Transient slicing
- Audio to MIDI conversion
- Unlimited tracks
- 6 AUX sends
- Project templates
- Updated graphics and overall performance improvements
Auria Pro will be available Spring 2015 and will be priced at $49.99 USD, and existing Auria users will also be able to upgrade to Auria Pro for a reduced price. Pricing for the standard Auria version will be $24.99.
For more information and additional screenshot previews, check this post on our forum.
I know this app does’t make a wink of sound, but I for one have spent many hours trying to prepare a half professional stage plot using only MS Word, and it was terrible. So this will be handy for those occasions when you need a refreshed stage plot and need it quickly.
**APP IS FREE TO DOWNLOAD WITH LIMITED CATEGORY AND FEATURE USE, UPGRADE TO PRO-VERSION AND UNLOCK ALL CATEGORIES AND FEATURES FOR $4.99.
Build a stage from the ground up with a touch and pinch of your fingers.
-Touch and Grab Icons
-Editing Tool Bar
-Intuitive User Interface
-Collapsable Bars to Maximize Workspace
-Pro version stores over 100 StagePlots.
-Change, rotate, resize props as needed.
-Make lists for each prop chosen. Lists appear on the final readout.
-Dedicated readouts for Equipment, Technical Input, Equipment and Dimension lists for every prop.
-Customize Names of each prop.
-Upload Customized Logo via iPad Camera Roll
-Add Contact/StageManager Info
-Print/Share PDF or Image of StagePlot
-Arrange the final layout in the Arrange Stage Preview screen
-Select from hundreds of props
-Upgraded prop category options
-Produces a clean/professional StagePlot
-Purchase additional props and prop packs from built-in PropShop
-Consistent updating of PropShop with more props
-icloud storage for stageplots
-Use the Quick-Text Button to label the props and the stage
-Share on Social Media
-Auto Size stage dimensions which can be turned on/off
For a full rundown, check here – http://www.stageplotguru.com/