I am totally blow away by this new app! It may not be affordable for everyone, but if you work with microphones in a professional studio/live stage environment on a daily basis, this would surely be an indespensible tool!… If you’ve purchased it, I’d love to hear your thoughts on how the app runs and what are the pros and cons…..Read on for the official blurb -
Arapolarmic is an innovative tool for the professional audio industry for monitoring the directivity of microphones and have a database with its technical characteristics (miclibrary) always with you.
Arapolarmic makes possible for the first time the visualization of the microphone and its polar pattern, integrated within its audio environment (microphone set and sound sources) using Augmented Reality technology, providing visual reinforcement in making decisions for positioning of microphones on any set.
Arapolarmic shows the polar pattern of the microphone models that are included in the miclibrary of your device in real time. The position and orientation of the microphone is captured through the camera of your iPad, which is then overlapped over its polar pattern, allowing the user to view through the screen its orientation and position. This feature permits the user to see immediately the polar pattern of the microphone relative to the sound sources.
It is a very useful tool for teaching audio, recording studios, microphone sales, sound engineers, music producers, musicians…
The system integrates a database with a library of microphones. The data sheet of each microphone’s model is quickly available without an internet connection. The fast access to the data makes Arapolarmic a reference tool for querying the technical specifications of professional microphones.
The new versions, also improve recognition system computer vision system, will include new features and new microphone models, also the most requested by users Arapolarmic, expanding the library of microphones and, therefore, the tool.
Requirements of the computer vision system:
- It is recommended to work with indirect or diffused light.
- The system operates under variable lighting conditions (cold, warm, strong, faint…) but a certain amount of light is necessary for the camera to detect the microphone.
- Avoid working under backlight conditions.
- Direct light to some microphone’s body models might cause reflections that could confuse the computer vision system (CVS).
- Conditions of fluorescent flashing light might cause less reliable tracking process (CVS). In this case, enhancing of the lighting conditions might improve the process.
- Arapolarmic requires some user interaction in the matching process. The proper matching of the virtual and real microphones before initializing the process of automatic matching is determinant in keeping the polar pattern aligned and on the right position. This process requires certain level of practice from the user.
The first Arapolarmic version requires working with soft movements while slowly moving away.
To best use the tool to see all 6 advised Arapolarmic tutorials available on our YouTube channel.
Arate the microphones!!!
For more information on Arapolarmic, follow us on the social networks, or visit our web site at www.aratechlabs.com
Mic models included in the first version:
AE5100, AT4021, AT4033 CL, AT 4053 b, AT5040, ATM 250, ATM 650, PRO 25ax
ADX 51, CX 212B, CX112B, D2, D4, D6, SCX25A, i5
M 160, M 201 TG, M 88 TG, MC 840, MC 930, TG D50d, TG D70d, TG I50d
N-D 468, N-D868, PL35, PL37, RE 20, RE 200, RE 320
LCT 340, LCT 640, LCT 940 , MTP 440 DM
- MOJAVE AUDIO
- ROYER LABS
R-121, R-121 Live, R-122, R-122 Live, R-122V
CMC 6 + MK4, CMC 6 + MK5
ELA M 251 E
- VIOLET DESIGN
AMETHYST, THE FINGER
There are a ton of videos demoing the software on the official site. This is just the intro video
Check out the official website for more videos - http://www.aratechlabs.com/
Caramel is a stereo distortion, crusher and fattener effect designed for Audiobus and Inter-App Audio. Caramel is perfect for adding lo-fi grit and punch to drums, bass, synths, guitar and more.
In addition to Audiobus and Inter-App Audio, Caramel can process external hardware by connecting a professional USB audio interface such as the Apogee Jam or Apogee ONE, and many more compatible USB interfaces. You can also use the built in headset microphone.
Caramel supports Core MIDI via the Camera Connection kit, USB MIDI interfaces, Virtual MIDI and WiFi connections. The MIDI Learn function lets you easily assign your MIDI controller’s knobs and sliders to control Caramel’s effect parameters.
Caramel features two distinct modes:
Perform and Tweak.
● Perform mode is focused around four XY touch pads. Touch to control Crunch, Sizzle, Crush and Bite independently for left and right channels.
● Tweak mode features large expressive sliders and additional effect parameters, allowing you to fine tune your sound.
For more info and video demos visit: http://caramelfxapp.com
Check out our entire FX series including Crystalline, Echo Pad, Stereo Designer and Swoopster!
● requires iOS 7.0 or later
● iPad Mini/iPad 2 or newer
● Audiobus 2 compatible (Effect, state saving)
● Inter-App audio compatible (effect node)
● compatible with USB audio interfaces
● Core MIDI compatible
● Control Left and Right channel Crunch, Crush, Girth, SIzzle independently for interesting stereo effects.
● Girth parameter adds subtle to punishing low end boost to drums and bass.
● Multiple stereo output modes including Normal Stereo, Wide Stereo, and Sum to Mono.
● Wide range of colorful lo-fi distortion tones are possible, from subtle grit and punch to absolute digital wreckage.
● Audiobus 2 compatible with state saving
● Inter-app Audio compatible
● Core MIDI compatible, works with any MIDI controller via MIDI Learn
Caramel works with just about any professional iOS compatible USB audio interfaces. Here is a list of interfaces that have been tested and verified to be compatible:
● Apogee Jam
● Apogee Mic
● Apogee ONE for iPad/Mac
● Apogee DUET for iPad/Mac
● Apogee QUARTET for iPad/Mac
● iRig HD
● iRig iMic
● Focusrite Scarlett series (*requires USB hub)
● Alesis io2
● Alesis IO Dock
● Behringer UCA202
● many more
Positive Grid (www.positivegrid.com) expands the popular custom amp modeler with three new dedicated expansion packs: Glassy, Crunch, and Insane. Guitarists and bassists will now be able to add further customization to their BIAS preamp, power amp, and cabinet modules by tone styles: from glassy clean tone, to classic british crunch, to insanely saturated distortion.
BIAS includes 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history as a starting point for user customization. Now, along with the new Glassy, Crunch, and Insane packs, BIAS also includes a new easy-to-use 8-band EQ with the purchase of any pack, as well as a new BIAS store and better JamUp integration –another Positive Grid app consisting of several multi effect stompboxes-. As always, user can share it with other musicians on Positive Grid’s proprietary social network, ToneCloud.
Reaction From The Pros
Major recording and performing artists test drive BIAS with overall positive feedback about it’s endless amp customization capabilities.
“BIAS is an amazing amp creation app; being able to extensively modify any head ‘virtually’ and achieve these kinds of tones is incredible! Who would have ever thought you could turn your iPad into a monster guitar amp!” – Glen Drover, legendary former guitarist for Megadeth, King Diamond, and Testament.
“BIAS is the best option in quick studio and on tour recordings. It’s the best virtual amp you’ll find anywhere in this world and dimension.” – Charlie Parra, YouTube sensation with over 50 million views.
“BIAS is the best amp modeling app I have ever played. It’s really musical and I feel like I’m playing with a real tube amp.” – Jack Thammarat, fusion guitar virtuoso and 2009 Guitar Idol winner.
BIAS retails for $19.99; new Glassy, Crunch, and Insane Packs retail for $9.99 each. All are immediately available for download at the iTunes App Store. The app requires an iPad 2 or newer to operate.
BIAS – Glassy Expansion Pack - http://youtu.be/dTX3NNrX9Xg
BIAS – Crunch Expansion Pack - http://youtu.be/_QPMX-O0Ysg
BIAS – Insane Expansion Pack - http://youtu.be/68-koaki2DE
Professional music production app for iPad
The normal price for iMPC Pro is $19.99, but for a limited time, iMPC Pro will be available for $12.99, as a way for us to give iMPC users the opportunity to purchase iMPC Pro and retain the value of the investment made in iMPC.
Developed in partnership with Retronyms — www.retronyms.com
iMPC Pro is a 64-track music production powerhouse for your iPad. With built-in sampling functionality, a massive sound library, effects, and over 30 performance-driven features, iMPC Pro brings the functionality of Akai Professional’s coveted Music Production Center to your iPad. Developed in partnership with Retronyms, the developers of the original iMPC app, iMPC Pro comes with pro-grade tools for intuitive beat creation whenever inspiration strikes. It combines multiple sampling methods, producer-tested MPC features, a custom sample library from Richard Devine, and an intuitive gestural editor for the most powerful, creative and fun iPad music production experience yet.
*Creating sample-based music on your iPad with renowned MPC functionality
*Sample audio from the iPad microphone, your own tracks using resampling, other apps using InterApp Audio, or your music library
*64 tracks for flexible multi-track music production including gain fader, 3-band EQ, mute, solo, panning and FX sends on each track
*All-new chop-shop provides intuitive multi-touch editing, trimming, auditioning, splicing, splicing and processing samples
*All-new Timeline View opens a multi-touch gestural editor for sequencing, recording, and editing
*All-new Flux mode lets you warp and glitch beats in real-time or with automation
*All-new Precision Knobs and Faders expand on command for precisely dialing in parameters
*All-new 3D-performance mode lets you perform with the iPad’s accelerometer
*All-new Turbo Duck effect fattens up tracks with sidechain compression
*Exclusive sound library featuring 1,400+ samples from sound designer Richard Devine with hundreds of Akai Pro exclusive samples
*Improved sampling workflow with re-sampling, drag n’ drop kit assembly and sample library organization
*16 Levels mode with attack, velocity, length, and tuning settings for quickly creating variations of sounds
*Note Variation slider lets you adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
*Onboard effects include delay, bit crusher, and master compressor/limiter
*Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
*Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing
*MPC Note Repeat featuring 1/8 note – 1/32T timing with latch
*Supports Inter-App Audio in iOS7 for sampling and FX routing from other music apps
*AudioCopy and AudioPaste for copying/pasting sequences from compatible apps
*Works with MPC Element via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
*Community sharing built-in: directly upload to SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
*iOS support for simple drag-and-drop, plucking, and multi-touch music gestures
*Interactive gesture control for automation, mixing, and effects
*Automation lets you record pad and track mute changes to sequences
*Tabletop ready – use iMPC Pro inside the acclaimed Tabletop App to combine it with dozens of synths, sequencers, FX and more
*Tuning, Panning, Level, Lo-Pass and Hi-Pass available for each sound
*Easy cloning of sequences via multitouch capabilities
*Classic “Next-Sequence” lets you juggle sequences to experiment with different compositions or for dynamic live performance
*Mute and poly pad groups for authentic percussion performances
*Pad effects include custom-designed envelope filters, 4-mode distortion and ring mod
*Supports InterApp Audio mode. Record the outputs directly into other apps like GarageBand and Cubasis
*Over 20 demo projects to manipulate, shape and learn with
*Extensive Undo History lets you roll back projects to any state
*Export tracks as an audio file
Score Creator is a music composing application that is specially designed for mobile platform. It’s a simple but powerful tool that fulfills your needs of writing music on the go.
* The app provides a very new and handy interface that allows you to input notes and chords quickly. With a virtual “note keyboard” and “chord board” that help you with most of music notation stuff, you can write the whole song as simply as you’re typing text on the text keyboard.
- Write music notation. The app supports both treble and bass clef, with a wide range of notes and music symbols: note duration, time signature, key signature, slurs, ties, …
- Write lyrics.
- Write chord symbols.
- Multiple tracks with different instruments: piano, guitar, violin, saxophone, …
- Score for transposing instruments: saxophone (soprano, alto, tenor, baritone), Bb clarinet, Bb trumpet, …
- Playback sound for each instrument.
- Transpose songs into any key.
- Import songs from MIDI files.
- Export songs to MIDI or MusicXML files. You can then copy the exported files to your computer through iTunes File Sharing and continue editing the songs using professional music composing applications like Finale, Sibelius, Encore, MuseScore, … Or you can send the files via email.
- Send exported MIDI files to other apps (“Open in”).
- Open MIDI files from within other apps.
- Export to PDF.
- Editing assistant features: multiple selecting notes, copy & paste, undo & redo, …
- iCloud storage.
Create music from randomly generated and morphed segments16 tracks (8 melody + 8 percussion)
Choose from 30+ instrument samples
Configurable by track for melody and rhythmn characteristics.
About This App
Want to write music but too lazy to learn an instrument?
Already a virtuoso but always looking for shortcuts?
Burnt-out genius in need of artificial inspiration?
Maybe the Random Composer is for you …
Developer: Jon Antonovics
Midiflow allows you to send MIDI from app to app in a similar way to what you already do with audio. That way, you can sync apps with each other or send MIDI parts from a sequencer app to different synth apps. You can also route the MIDI from your keyboard to apps and assign different key zones to them. Furthermore, all MIDI transfer can be monitored in order to find problems or just to learn what MIDI is doing (normally) behind the scenes.
App home page - http://www.midiflow.com/
ScratchVOX lets you create realistic lead melodies, easily manipulate them anyway you wish – then sync and record them into GarageBand.
What’s different about ScratchVOX?
ScratchVOX isn’t another skeuomorphic instrument, nor a vague pitch-to-pixel canvas – but a new & intuitive way to accurately interact with note objects on your iPad: so you can change, undo or evolve melodies in real time.
Drawing flat note-paths “on-the-grid” creates notes that are right-on-pitch – where as curved paths create sliding transitions. Or you can experiment by simply squiggling around the pitch and volume grids to discover fun new grooves. Whatever paths you input, ScratchVOX plays them instantly and accurately – and does so with complete fidelity.
This is as close as you can get to mastery of an instrument – without mastering an instrument: precise and effortless control at your fingertips.
True: ‘Eye meets Ear’
Because ScratchVOX notes are purely mathematical descriptions, you have the unprecedented ability to endlessly modify them without any distortion. This enables a whole new way to make music: you can build melodies by copying, pitch-shifting, inverting and stretching your paths. Your modded paths accurately recreate their new pitch/volume/duration shapes – while maintaining a completely smooth tone – even if you radically change your beats-per-minute.
But wait – there’s more …..
All path inputs – whether drawing or modifying – can be done ‘live’ in play mode. So once you’ve synced and recorded your melody into GarageBand, you can jam around in ScratchVOX to your looping GarageBand track. Do on-the-fly pitch-shifting of your just-recorded paths to build harmonies. Or just keep morphing and modding your paths to create a DJ-style experience. You can have the same fun jamming with ScratchVOX to GarageBand’s loops, or to iTune songs imported into GarageBand.
Welcome to our sonic sandbox!
• Interface provides intuitive form of music notation that lets you immediately start creating real melodies
• All notes are objects, not just “squiggles”, so they can be moved, copied and manipulated.
• Comes with electric guitar, violin, tenor sax, synth bass and trombone
• Complete control of volume and pitch dynamics literally at your fingertips
• Notes can be pitch-shifted, inverted and stretched without any distortion
• Notes can go from 1 to 600 beats-per-minute without any change in pitch or loss of fidelity
• “Stickiness” pad lets you draw freehand to whatever exactness of pitch/volume/beat you require.
• Record directly into GarageBand to build songs and harmonies
• Sync to GarageBand to do DJ-style jams to your recorded tracks, to GarageBand loops, or to songs imported into GarageBand from your iTunes library.
Not much to go on, from the description of this one, but it looks like a loop based beat maker. Let me know if you try it out and it is worth downloading!
TC-Data is a MIDI and OSC (Open Sound Control) controller that sends messages to other apps and hardware. The app has over 300 multi-touch and device motion controllers and triggers which can be assigned to any MIDI or OSC message output. TC-Data is not a synthesizer, but it is designed to control them, plus any other MIDI or OSC software.
With TC-Data, you create your own interface to send the gestures and touch motions you choose. There are no sliders, knobs, or buttons. TC-Data directly connects your touch movements to the outputs you program.
Create MIDI notes, CC, pitch bend, patch change, and aftertouch messages with totally unique multi-touch controllers. Or send values directly to your program of choice via OSC, where you can build your own project using TC-Data as the front-end.
• Inter-app control via CoreMIDI
• OSC over Wi-Fi
• Support for external MIDI interfaces
• MIDI input passthrough
• Virtual MIDI output
• MIDI over Bluetooth via 3rd party apps
• Fully assignable touch controllers
• Gyroscope and accelerometer motion control
• 300+ controllers and triggers
TC-Data is based on TC-11, an all-in-one multi-touch synthesizer. TC-Data takes the multi-touch controllers from TC-11 and opens them up to any external software. Add multi-touch gestural control to your next project with TC-Data.
Check out this cool teaser video promo -