The modules used in this app are basic building blocks for generating sequences. The sequences can range from simple to complex in a very intuitive fashion.
The Spectre Midi Sequencer is a modular sequencing iPad app. This app is built to emulate the way analog modular synthesizer sequencing systems operate. The modules used in this app are basic building blocks for generating sequences. The sequences can range from simple to complex in a very intuitive fashion. The main feature of this app that allows for creative sequences is the virtual “CV” and “GATE” Features. In this app, CV refers to the pitch or note and GATE refers to the actual triggering of a note. When the CV and GATE are running on patterns independent from each other and are combined at the output, magic happens.
The basic components of this app are: 4 sequencers, 2 clock dividers, 2 sequential switches, 2 logic modules and one output module which is used to generate midi notes. I will go into detail on each component, but a Google search may prime you before reading the rest of the manual. Like real modular synthesizers, they are connected with patch cables between components. The cables can be added, removed and arranged in any way you can think of.
For more details – http://sectionfourteen.com/page/spectre
Votan Telepathy is a groundbreaking multi-purpose synthesis engine harnessing cutting edge technologies with traditional sound sculpting techniques. The power beneath Votan Telepathy is based in its cloud and communication platform where you can create sounds and instantly share with friends and colleagues.
The Votan Telepathy synthesis engine is also available as an 32/64 bit Audio Unit plugin with the iOS app acting as an ultra low latency touch controller for multiple instances of the synth in your favourite DAW. You can create new sounds on your iPad, that magically appear in the Audio Unit to be used in a professional DAW environment.
**Votan Telepathy Synthesis Engine**
4 x Free Range Oscillators with Band-limited alias free Virtual Analogue waveforms. Free-range means they can be unlocked from key frequencies, and then used intelligently as audio rate modulators for FM and Ring Modulation. You can also morph between the different wave-shapes (Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth, Square).
4 x Multi-filters with traditional Virtual Analog(Moog Ladder, MS20, TB303 emulations), Digital IIR and Formant Phase filters, 2/4 Pole with standard filter types Low Pass, High Pass, Band Reject, and Band Pass.
In depth internal filter routing between the filters, with Parallel, Series and Stereo Split.
4 x LFO’s with transitional and morphing wave shapes.
4 x Envelopes, standard ADSR, Filter and 2 x assignable envelopes.
6 x Modulation Matrix Slots for extensive modulations
4 x FX Slots with Delay, Distortion, Chorus, Flange, 4 Band EQ, Decimator, and Glitch algorithms.
4 x XY Pads, with direct assignment of ALL parameters for in-depth performance control. You can trigger notes directly from the Pads.
User assignable Keyboard with key selector(select the keys you need to play, not the rest)
*Binaural Beat Generator:
Votan Telepathy has been built with binaural synthesis in mind. You can assign each oscillator to play through Left or Right channels to create binaural beats with extended synthesis capabilities. The system can create all brain frequencies from 0.01hz up to megahertz. Get experimenting with the invisible frequencies of the mind.
*Votan Telepathy Audio Unit:
Votan Telepathy is also available an 32/64 bit AudioUnit and is a direct mirror of the iOS app and fully compatible with all presets. Your preset library is synced over all devices and apps.
Imagine the power of being able to create new soundscapes on your iDevice, then they magically appear in the DAW work session. Tweak sounds on the fly, then polish them into your productions.
The iOS app of course can also act as a touch controller for the audio unit offering almost zero latency control of multiple instances of the audio unit plugin. Totally integrated synthesis and control like never seen before.
The Votan Cloud is a powerful integrated Preset Management System. Users can create soundscapes and store them in their own device or in the Votan Cloud. In the Votan Cloud patches can be instantly shared with other users. The VotanDSP team will be in constant creation of new sounds so they will be instantly available for all users of the system. You can chose to make your preset library public or private.
For more details – http://www.votandsp.com/telepathy
A powerful yet user-friendly FM synthesizer!
– Play music by playing shapes across the pad interface!
– No need for music theory – try it and you will see why!
– Comes with 20 high-quality free sounds!
– Morph pad allows you to morph your sounds while playing!
For the pros who want flexibility :
– 7 high quality FM algorithms to tinker with
– Access to every component in the algorithms
– 10 pristine effects consisting of Stereo Reverb, Delays, Pitch-shift Delays and more
– Supports Core-midi compatible keyboards like the Korg Nanokeys 2
– Works with Audiobus out of the box
iPad3 and above recommended for maximum joy playing.
For more details – http://tenaciousfrog.com/tf7-synth/
The Oberheim SEM was made famous by artists and bands such as Lyle Mays, Jan Hammer, Joseph Zawinul, Supertramp, 808 State, Vince Clarke and Depeche Mode.
Based on the TAE® technology found in our Oberheim SEM V software, iSEM brings back the sound and special characteristics of this iconic synth in an sonically accurate and expanded touch-based emulation.
What you can do with the iSEM?
The iSEM is a powerful instrument capable of producing a wide range of warm analog sounds.
Reproducing the unique SEM architecture, with its oscillator sync, characteristic filter shape and specific envelope response, the iSEM is able to generate the fat basses that have made the Oberheim brand so popular. Thanks to its simple and clever PW and pitch modulations, it is also very easy to produce moving and lively leads.
Its remarkable 12 dB/oct multimode filter is a real blast from the past, becoming an awesome weapon in the context of current electronic music. This unique module can instantly tailor your sound to fat, crisp, or spectral textures with access to all the nuances in between…
iSEM comes with over 500 sounds that you can browse through and play. You can also easily create your own sounds with the easy to use interface.
Play iSEM’s numerous sounds from the iPad keyboard or control iSEM from a MIDI keyboard or other app via CoreMIDI and integrate it into your studio or live performance.
If you are an owner of of the Arturia SEM V software on your Mac or PC, you can even import and export sounds between your laptop or desktop SEM V and iSEM.
All the original parameters of the Oberheim SEM: two oscillators, each offering sawtooth wave and variable-width pulse wave with PWM, sine wave LFO, 12dB/oct multi-mode Filter with low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch, two ADS envelope generators.
Added functionalities: New LFO, Noise, Sub oscillator, Arpeggiator, Portamento.
8 Voice Programmer module allows each voice to have different settings
HOLD and CHORD modes.
Virtual Analog Chorus.
Virtual Analog Delay.
Full user MIDI mapping of panel controls.
Supports WIST sync to other iOS devices.
Supports AudioBus and Apple’s Inter-App Audio connectivity (requires iOS7).
The Oberheim™ name used here is a trademark of the Gibson Guitar Corp. The trademark is used by license to Arturia.
Cotracks is a collaborative music studio for teamwork on a single iPad. With Cotracks you can create multiple layers of loops and phrases using multiple instruments. Cotracks is designed to maintain your creative flow and is always ready to capture your ideas, regardless whether you are flying solo or collaborating with others.
Collaboration is where Cotracks really stands out. Everyone in your session has the ability to play and record at will without disrupting or being disrupted by the workflow of others. This lets you lay down the foundation of a tune within minutes and makes Cotracks the perfect and inspiring tool for brainstorming new ideas within a group.
The loops you create may be exported as separate audio clips or as a mixdown audio clip which you may then import and use in any audio software supporting the common wave audio format.
DESIGNED FOR VARYING NUMBER OF USERS
You can start off creating music in a single user mode. Later when your friend decides to join in, you switch to a two user mode. The interface layout will adjust enabling convenient access to the application from both sides of the table. Whenever another friend happens to join you, the layout will adjust again enabling access from all four sides of the device, letting you team up with up to three friends for a super creative music session. Whenever one or more members leave the session, it is as easy as a single tap to switch back to the smaller team or to the single user mode, letting the remaining members continue from where the others left off.
DESIGNED FOR VARIABLY SKILLED USERS
Cotracks offers lots of fun at the same time for both novice and advanced musicians with the help of scale based keyboard, flexible quantize, sequence sharing and editing capabilities. For example, a novice musician may grab a copy of a complicated sequence played by a more experienced friend and edit the instrument, sound and effects, record modulation controllers over the sequence and tweak the various playback parameters including key and scale. Essentially creating something new and exiting without necessarily playing a single note. Cotracks is all about giving everybody the means to contribute, which takes the concept of music collaboration to a new level.
It’s like playing with a band, but this time you can record and play back your own parts, in perfect sync with others, and create the constituents for a great track at the same time. With Cotracks the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
“Cotracks is a brilliant concept and, on the whole, has been beautifully realised by Futucraft.” – MusicAppBlog.com
• up to 12 instrument tracks
• beat synchronized playback and recording
• comfortable access for multiple users
• dedicated interface modes for single user, two users and four users
• switch between interface modes with a single tap
• independent playback control constantly available for each instrument
• repeater lets you play and record complex beat synced rhythmic textures
• XY-modulation control
• nondestructive quantize and transpose
• change the playback scale of recorded sequences
• drag and drop copying of sequences between instruments
• polyphonic synthesizer with dozens of high quality instrument presets
• monophonic bass/lead synthesizer with dozens of high quality instrument presets
• sample player with a library of professional quality samples from Inspire Audio
• programmable XY-modulation
• band-limited oscillators to ensure professional grade sound quality
• stereo delay
• stereo phaser
• 2 equalizer units
• dedicated units for each track
• Audiobus support
• export each instrument to separate audio clip
• export all in one audio mixdown clip
• export and import sessions via iTunes in XML format for backup and sharing
• on-screen help and tips
• online support integrated in app
• video tutorials
For more details – http://futucraft.com/cotracks/
Another exciting audio processing app from the team at Sugar Bytes!
WOW2 is here! With a future-dripping user interface, 21 incredible filter types with the famous vowel mode. With distortions that cover your tracks with gas and put them on fire. Modulations that cause more trouble than your modular dark room. And finally that warm and juicy sound, that you were looking for.
– 21 Filter types like Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass, Bandreject, Comb and much more. Low pass types up to 48 db, including flavors like SVF, Diode Ladder and Transistor Ladder.
The filters and distortions have been designed for best harmonics without aliasing, for high definition audio quality.
– Three different analog modeling overdrives and four digital distortion functions are included. Use them pre or post the filter.
– Modulation is power. Power is sex. Create stunning trance gates with the step sequencer, do some giant wobbles with the wobble generator or let all the modulators interact with each other. The LFO offers many different wave forms, restart options and sync flavors.
– Presets are just one click away. Randomize presets to inspire yourself.
Features at a Glance:
– XY-Pads to control 6 Parameters simultaneously
– Integrated Player (iTunes File Sharing, Music Library, Factory Loops)
– Integrated Recorder (div. Optionen: Start/Stop/Sync/Länge)
– Live Modus (Inputs & Outputs selectable)
– Audiobus Support (Sender & Filter)
– Audiocopy™ / Audiopaste™
– Full Midi Support (Virtual, Network, Extern)
– Midi Clock Sync
– Jack iOS Support
Lucky enough to own an Allen & Heath Qu digital mixing console? Than get this for free!
Qu-Pad is an engineer’s mixing tool providing wireless mobile control for the Allen & Heath Qu digital mixing console. It gives you the freedom to walk the room or stage and control the sound right where it is needed.
Qu-Pad and the Qu mixing console can work together to provide simultaneous control of independent functions, for example one engineer using the console to mix front-of-house sound, and another using the iPad to mix monitors on stage.
This version of Qu-Pad supports only one iPad connection.
Live mixing functions available:
– Fader levels, mutes, pan
– Aux and FX sends, routing and Pre/Post switching
– Input Preamp/USB selection
– Preamp Gain, Pad, Polarity and 48V
– HPF, Gate, PEQ, GEQ, Comp, Delays
– RTA function
– PAFL select
– Full signal metering
– Custom strips for personalised channel layout
Live mixing functions not available with this version:
– Mute Groups
– FX tap tempo
Setup functions not available:
– FX patching and parameter setup
– Local/dSNAKE Preamp source selection
– Global Qu-Drive/USB B source selection
– Insert switching and channel linking
– Output patching
– Aux source routing options
– Show memory store and load
– Scene Recall Filters and Safes edit
– Signal Generator
– System configuration, options and preferences
– User Profile management
Lucky enough to own a PreSonus StudioLive™ AI-series mixer? Then get this for free!
SL Remote-AI for iPad® provides remote control of nearly all of the mixing functions of PreSonus StudioLive™ AI-series mixers. SL Remote-AI connects wirelessly to any StudioLive AI-series mixer on the same wireless network, freeing the sound person to move around the venue while making adjustments to the mix and empowering musicians to take control of their monitor mixes. Multiple iPads running SL Remote-AI can simultaneously control the same StudioLive AI-series mixer, and it can operate simultaneously with Virtual StudioLive-AI (Mac®/Windows®), QMix™-AI (iPhone®/iPod touch®), and hardware control.
SL Remote-AI requires an iPad and StudioLive AI-series mixer connected to the same wireless router-based network. SL Remote-AI is not compatible with classic StudioLive models (16.0.2, 16.4.2, or 24.4.2).
• Provides wireless control over any StudioLive AI-series digital mixer
• Overview page displays levels, mutes, panning, EQ curves, and Fat Channel processing for multiple channels at once
• Subgroup, main, and digital-return assign control for all channels
• Dynamics and EQ control for all channels, auxes, subgroups, and mains
• Aux and FX Mix Send control for all channels
• FX type recall and parameter control including tap tempo
• Aux page shows the levels, panning, GEQ, and Fat Channel processing for the aux and internal FX buses
• GEQ page lets you adjust the Main-bus graphic EQ
• GEQ Draw mode allows you to draw GEQ curve
• Channel Zoom page shows every parameter for a single channel
• Control any StudioLive AI mixer on the wireless network from one iPad
• Multiple iPads can control the same StudioLive AI mixer
• Remotely recall scenes stored on your StudioLive AI-series mixer
• Channel and bus naming
• Talkback On/Off
• Talkback assignments
• Remote control over VSL-AI’s Smaart System Check Wizards (requires VSL-AI connected via FireWire to an AI-series StudioLive mixer)
• Set permissions on your StudioLive AI-series mixer so SL Remote-AI can control one or all aux mixes, complete FOH control, or lock out a user entirely
• Offline demo mode
Moo Cow Music have been quiet for awhile, and now I know why! They’ve been working on this comprehesive band-in-a-box music production app! Looks very interesting indeed.
Ever wanted a recording studio in the palm of your hand? Looptical is a complete music production solution for iPhone and iPod touch.
Record your musical ideas on the go and mix them into a finished track, or use them as the basis for a new project back at your studio. Create looped sections of music and combine them to form larger musical sections until you have a finished song. Going from an initial riff idea to full track is easy with Looptical. Then mix the track with comprehensive effects and fully automated mixer controls, or export the MIDI and component audio tracks to your DAW when back at the studio to take your song one step further.
– Play keys with a single or dual 128 key keyboard layout, complete with pitch/mod wheel.
– Use the Scale Keyboard to play scales effortlessly by sliding a finger up and down the screen.
– Strum your way through your own palette of chords with the Chord Guitar.
– Use the Latched Arpeggiator to turn simple chords into sequences of notes.
– Use Quantize to tidy up your performance, and Undo any mistakes.
GO FROM RIFF TO FULL SONG
– Songwriting in Looptical involves creating Loops: building blocks for a song that could be a one bar bassline, an 8 bar chorus, or a 100 bar indulgent guitar solo.
– Use the Loop Bank to combine, merge, repeat, and insert these Loops to form larger riffs, and ultimately a complete song.
– Use the Event List to perform mass edits of notes, such as tweaking velocity, quantize or transpose.
MIX THE TRACK
– Add and mix up to 24 stereo tracks with Looptical’s Mixer.
– Add up to 5 Insert effects (Overdrive, Bit Crusher, Compressor, EQ, Filter, Chorus/Flanger, Phaser, Trance Gate, Delay) to each track, and a single Reverb Send effect.
– All mixer and effect parameters are automated and changes are recorded directly into the song.
ADD VOCALS AND GUITARS
– Record vocals with the iPhone internal microphone or compatible audio interface and add your own effects with live monitoring.
– Control input with an intuitive preamp-style gain and noise gate.
INTERACT WITH OTHER APPS
– Record audio tracks directly from any Inter-App Audio (iOS7) Instrument app.
– Use Audiobus (requires purchase from third party) to send and receive live audio to other Audiobus-enabled apps.
MAKE YOUR OWN INSTRUMENTS
– If the 95 keyboard and 50 drum presets (including 600 individual drum hits) are not enough, create your own from scratch.
– Import samples via iTunes Shared Folder, from another iPhone music app via the clipboard, or resample the current song.
– Effortlessly create an entire new instrument from a single sample, or add further samples for a multi-sampled instrument.
– Edit your sample to trim, chop, loop, amplify, fade or reverse sections.
– Export your instrument to use again, or even share with others via the Looptical forum.
USE AN EXTERNAL KEYBOARD
– Plug in an iPhone-compatible MIDI keyboard and you can break out of the iPhone screen and compose using a full hardware piano keyboard.
– Play drum parts by assigning piano keys to each pad, or effortlessly noodle a solo by playing the Scale Piano from the major keys.
– Assign spare MIDI controllers such as Pan or Modulation to directly control automation parameters in Looptical insert effects.
For moew details – http://moocowmusic.com/Looptical/
RØDE Microphones is excited to announce the next iteration of its ﬁeld recording app for Apple’s iOS devices, RØDE Rec. This update, released to the app store today as a free upgrade, has a number of enhancements including a dedicated iPad interface, MP3 publishing and support for ten different languages.
RØDE Rec has been incredibly well received since its launch in January of this year, where it was the only app on the market to allow for recording at 24-bit/96kHz (using RØDE’s iXY stereo microphone). This is the ﬁrst update since RØDE acquired the FiRe app from creator Audioﬁle Engineering, and signals RØDE’s intention to provide not only the best ﬁeld recording app for mobile devices, but a platform that rivals dedicated audio ﬁeld recorders.
The update’s addition of a retina-compatible iPad interface enhances control on the larger device considerably. Users can now view the waveform, transport controls, non-linear editing and much more, all in the one screen making recording, editing and publishing a breeze.
The popular MP3 format has also been added, following overwhelming demand from existing users. “While RØDE Rec is designed for the capture and sharing of broadcast-grade audio there’s no denying the popularity and indeed the convenience of the MP3 format.” explains Damien Wilson, RØDE’s Global Marketing & Sales Director. “RØDE Rec is one of very few apps on iOS that supports MP3, and combined with one-touch sharing via dropbox and email it’s a great option when you want to share an audio grab quickly with friends, colleagues or clients.”
This updated version also marks the app’s debut in localised languages, with support for Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese (simpliﬁed), Japanese and Korean, in addition to English. The localised apps are available on the relevant international iTunes App stores.
An update to RØDE Rec LE, the free, feature-limited version of RØDE Rec will be released shortly, including the dedicated iPad interface and enhanced stability. Download the app now for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on the iTunes App Store or via www.rodemic.com/getroderec.
For moew details – http://www.rodemic.com/