Unlocking new potentials of FM synthesis.
Frum is a radically new FM Drum Synthesizer, incubated after many years of research and development into FM synthesis. You may imagine FM sounds to be clear and harmonic, but those are just the start of the possibilities FM has to offer. More potential is unleashed by harnessing the unlimited, free power of complex sound waves.
Close sound encounters of the third kind.
Traditionally, FM synths are overwhelming, with too many parameters to control the sound texture. Frum bundles many of these parameters together in the BUG button, offering entirely new textures each time the button is pressed. It’s easy to find and tweak these sounds to make drums, other percussion, fat bass, organic noises such as insect songs, environmental sounds, human screams, as well as all sorts of intriguing melodies.
• The sounds are at your fingertips.
With Frum, we had to rethink the existing UI design for hardware and software synthesizers, bringing the power of FM to the iOS touch screen. The vertically scrolling sequencer allows you to enjoy single-handed, stress-free control of the UI.
• Rearrange blocks to compose music.
Entire songs can be composed by rearranging pattern blocks with your fingers. Complex arrangements and organisation is possible with the user having control over song name, pattern block colors, loop counts and durations.
• Share your song on the timeline.
From incorporates SNS technology, allowing you to listen to hot new tracks from around the world, as soon as somebody shares them. Let people know what you think, and get feedback on your own tracks, via the like button, and comments section.
• Sound engine
Oscillators : FM/PM synth with 4 operators（ sine, square, triangle )
Tracks : 4 ( can extend to 4×4 pads using the ‘Pad division’ function )
Filter : High, Band and Low pass filter
Effectors : Overdrive, Auto Pan
Generating BUG, Pad division, UNDO, REDO, Live edit, Save and load presets (factory/private)
• Pattern Sequencer
Step resolution : 1/16
Maximum step: 64 (4 bars)
Gate input, Keyboard input, parameter input in Motion edit mode, Copy and paste, Step shift
• Song (Pattern Block)
Maximium patterns : 150
Pattern Block Properties : Name, Color, Loop count, Mute
Drag & drop, Duplicate, Delete, Delete All
Mixer : 4 track volume faders + 1 master volume fader with a limiter
Other Features :
Shuffle, Mute, Pad Division, Pad sound switch, and so on
• Other functions
SNS (Timeline, Popular, Recommended, Demo)
Account management, Account synchronization, Create account
For more details – http://frum.jp/
It’s been awhile between updates for this solid multitrack recorder app. I’ve been using it on and off for a few years, and come to like the interface and reliable performance. It may lack some of the frills and extras packed into other iOS DAWs, but if all you need is a solid recording app, it’s ideal. And you need some extras, there are a range of IAP available as well.
What’s New in Version 2.20
Upgraded the app to 64bit.
Fixed a bug which caused a possible crash when exiting the Online Shop
Fixed an issue with the MIDI output selection in the MIDI Editor
Added a new Ducking & Diving In-App Purchase
Added a positioning guide in the MIDI editor for placing & dragging notes
Improved the video handling capabilities using the Video Plug-In
Added inline popup Mini Mixer and Channel Effects panels
For full app details –http://www.4pocketsaudio.com/product.php?p=8
One of the most fully fledged music workstations for the iPad comes from Steinberg in the shape of Cubasis, and just recently version 2.0 arrived with a host of new features and improvements…
What’s New in Version 2.0
• A Refreshed User Interface – Enjoy profound usability by straightforward workflows
• Real-time Time-Stretch – Tempo match audio loops to your song’s tempo in a snap
• Pitch shift with formant correction – Easily change keys of any tracks and tune them to perfection
• A studio-grade channel strip – Reach true sound perfection for all channels
• Spin FX – Tweak and mash-up your tracks with DJ-like breaks, stops and stutters
• MicroSonic TAPE instruments – Perfectly recreate trademark sounds from the ’60s era
• 76 new Micrologue presets – Lay down your tracks with cutting-edge modern synth sounds
• Factory loops tempo match – Enjoy the freedom to use included audio loops at any tempo
• MIDI Auto Quantize – Sync MIDI tracks with the beat while recording
• Ready for iOS 10 – Cubasis 2.0 is fully tested and proven iOS 10 compatible
For a full rundown on the app’s features, head to the official website – http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/mobile_apps/cubasis/start.html
Don’t forget, there’s an LE version you can try out to see if it suits your needs
New features – highlights
Sydney-based electronics manufacturing and software development company, Sinusoid released this handy little app way back in 2010, which provides sound professionals and audio enthusiasts alike access to a set of audio measuring and testing software tools, that replace the dedicated hardware typically required to get the same results.
Audio Kit has enjoyed regular updates ever since its launch, with the latest upgrade to version 2.0 delivered in April this year. One of the key new features in 2.0 is the introduction of a sweep generator, which is available as an in-app purchase for US$0.99.
This clever new feature aims to take the labour out of manually testing a wide range of frequencies one by one for potential problems in a range of audio environments. For example, a front-of-house sound engineer could quickly and easily find any rogue frequencies in a PA system, by putting the sweep generator through the system and listening out for any problem frequencies that jump out. To aid in pinpointing any rogue frequencies visually, the sweep generator can be activated while using the spectrum analyser mode.
For a full rundown on the Audio Kit, here’s the media release announcing version 2.0
Sydney, Australia – Sinusoid Pty Ltd today is proud to announce the release of Audio Kit 2.0 for iOS including New sweep generator (IAP). Audio Kit is a collection of four tools which are essential for those working in audio, sound and music; A real time Spectrum Analyser, a Scope to display waveforms, an SPL Meter, and a Signal Generator producing sine waves, white noise and pink noise and sweep generator (with IAP). Users can view a real time spectrum of audio, identifying peak frequencies. In-App purchase now provides a sweep generator. The Audio Kit iOS App has been used by many sound professionals and enthusiasts for sound monitoring since 2010.
Audio Kit Features:
* New – Sweep generator available as In-App purchase
* View a real time spectrum of audio with the Spectrum Analyser and identify peak frequencies precisely
* The Signal Generator provides a sine wave output up to 20,000Hz in 1 Hz steps, along with noise generators for white and pink noise and sweep (IAP)
* View the actual waveform of the audio signal with the Scope
* An SPL Meter provides measurement of sound levels using an A-weighting. Calibration of SPL Meter
FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) is used to calculate the frequencies in the Spectrum Analyser of Audio Kit and these are displayed in real time. The frequency is displayed in either logarithmic or linear scale.
* Three FFT sizes of 8192, 4096 and 2048 are selectable, giving fine resolution of frequencies
* 6 different FFT window function types can be selected – Hamming, Hann, Rectangular, Bartlett, Triangular and Blackman
* Number of FFT windows can be selected from 1 through 4
The strongest frequency is displayed both above the peak, and optionally, in a large number display in the center of the screen. The large number display can be quickly switched on or off by double tapping the screen.
There is a screen capture facility in the Spectrum Analyser allowing you to save the spectra for future reference along with details of the FFT parameters, time and date.
A single tap freezes the screen. Other features such as screen capture and double tap to toggle large number display still work during the freeze. This feature can be turned off in preferences if it’s not desired.
The display of the Scope can be adjusted easily using pinch gestures in both horizontal and vertical directions. Zero crossing detection of the waveform provides a smooth display and can be set to either positive or negative direction zero crossing. There is a screen capture facility in both the Spectrum Analyser and the Scope allowing you to save the spectra and waveforms for future reference.
The SPL Meter of Audio Kit continuously displays the sound pressure level, and has resettable minimum and maximum displays also. There is also a colored bar type indication of the measured SPL at the left hand side of the screen. A sliding ticker type plot of the SPL readings over time is displayed across the bottom of the SPL screen. If the reset button is pressed the peak registers a mark of full scale then zero. The SPL Meter can be calibrated against a reference SPL meter or a reference sound source.
The output of Audio Kit’s Signal Generator can be viewed on the other parts of the App. The Signal Generator has 3 different output types:
* Sine wave
* White noise
* Pink noise
* Sweep Generator (from In-App purchase)
The output of the Signal Generator can be viewed on the other parts of the Audio Kit App. The sine wave frequency selected using picker wheels allows for accurate control of frequency to within 1Hz. Volume for the sine wave and noise signals is continuously adjustable. Output is in both left and right channels.
The sweep generator of Audio Kit allows a sweep or chirp of audio frequencies anywhere in the audio range. Sweep direction can be either increasing or decreasing and can be set to be linear or log in output. Very short chirp times can be produced.
All of the user preferences in each of the above applications can be made persistent between restarts of the App. All parts of the App have direct access to a detailed context sensitive help document.
New features for version Audio Kit 2.0
* Added availability of in-app purchase for sweep generator capability for Signal generator
* Reverted to 2 channel output for all Signal Generator outputs
* Idle timer can now be disabled if auto lock is enabled on device – This allows user to run the app for long periods unattended without going into lock mode
* Minor bug fixes
* Update for recent iOS releases
* Requires iOS 7.1 or later
* 1.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Audio Kit 2.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
Now take your playing and recording to a higher level with iRig HD 2 — the sequel to the best-selling, wildly popular iRig HD digital guitar interface for iPhone, iPad, Mac & PC. The iRig HD 2 raises the bar for guitarists and bassists to play, perform and record with their device at a higher level either while on the go or in their studio with 96khz sound, an integrated headphone output, a ¼” Amplifier output, full AmpliTube versions and more.
24-bit/96kHz pristine noiseless sound
First and foremost, iRig HD 2 gives you superior sound quality in a compact, mobile interface. It features 24-bit analog-to-digital conversion and a best-in-class 96kHz sample rate that delivers an ultra clean, pure noiseless guitar signal to devices and computers. It features an input gain control for dialing in just the right amount of signal for playing and recording and a multicolor LED indicator for precise signal monitoring.
Integrated headphone out, iPhone 7 ready
iRig HD 2 also features an integrated headphone out jack with a preamp and level control. If you’re upgrading to the new iPhone 7, this lets you use your existing headphones to monitor your playing and recording, or for just listening to music. The output features a high-quality headphone preamp with a volume control that delivers the full, rich complete audio content.
Amp Out with dual mode switch
iRig HD 2 also sports a new Amp Out jack that lets you use your iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC live on stage with a traditional guitar amplifier without the need for special adapters — a standard ¼” instrument cable is all you need to make the connection. This output is controlled by a new FX/Thru switch that lets you choose what type of signal is sent to the amp — FX sends the processed signal coming from the device, while Thru sends an unprocessed direct signal when you want to use an external tuner even in-line recording of the dry signal. iRig HD 2 also comes with a mic stand mounting bracket and Velcro® strip for convenient attachment to a mic stand on stage for live performance.
Full AmpliTube included
With iRig HD 2, you’ll also receive free downloads of the full versions of the ultimate guitar and bass tone and recording studio – AmpliTube 4 for Mac/PC (a $/€149.99 value) and AmpliTube for iOS (a $/€19.99 value).With AmpliTube you’ll have access to a whole new universe of gear: stompboxes, amps, cabinets, microphones, speakers, rack effects and more, all on your computer or mobile device. All versions of AmpliTube are expandable with gear from some of the top manufacturers in the industry like Fender®, Orange®, MESA/Boogie®, Ampeg®, T-Rex®, Fulltone®, Seymour Duncan® and more.
For more details – http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irighd2/
Positive Grid (www.positivegrid.com) updates the popular BIAS FX amp-and-effects guitar processor with a new effects expansion pack for acoustic guitar. With this expansion, BIAS FX iPad and desktop users will be able to add some of the most sought-after acoustic guitar, with the ability to add them within BIAS FX’s dual signal chain, and integrate them with BIAS Amp models. Users can also share, download and customize pedalboards on the ToneCloud, Positive Grid’s tone sharing platform. The new BIAS FX Acoustic Expansion Packs is available now as in-app purchase.
Realistic Acoustic Tones –
The acoustic pack features Positive Grid’s acoustic imaging technology, which accurately emulates the different sounds of an acoustic guitar pickup. However, we took this idea one step further and added a premium acoustic preamp so users can adjust each and every aspect of their output signal in real time, for both live or studio use. Effect models include an Acoustic EQ, Imager and Chorus. The Acoustic Image pedal neutralizes a guitar’s pickup and then restores the natural body resonance. The Acoustic EQ is built as a DI Dedicated EQ module for acoustic application, and shapes the tone with adjustable low mid and high mid frequencies. An acoustic reverb is optimized for acoustic-guitar simulation for a smooth and warm sound while creating more sonic space. The acoustic chorus gives users a chorus and vibrato pedal specially designed for acoustic guitar, with an adjustable 2 band EQ. To put the icing on the sonic cake, an acoustic preamp to improves the warmth and natural body resonances of your guitar, all while keeping its original characteristics.
Poison-202 is a professional Vintage Midi Synthesizer. Made by musicians for musicians, it is inspired by famous classic hardware synthesizers of 80’s and 90’s and has all the main sound creation blocks you can imagine: oscillators, cutoff Filters, ADSR-envelopes, ring, cross modulation, LFOs, sync, super-saw oscillator and more! Unlike many other software synthesizers at the market, which can reproduce only limited family of sounds, Poison-202 is designed to be able to reproduce almost any classic synthesizer timbre! Check out the Presets
The library of 150 built-in factory presets includes famous patches that can be heard in the compositions of such electronic and rave scene music performers as The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Azzido Da Bass, Darude, Kraftwerk, Daft Punk and many others!
You can play it with your fingers on iPhone / iPad, or you can plug-in your favorite USB MIDI keyboard into your device using Apple’s Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and turn Poison-202 into a real synthesizer module!
• 2 oscillators with selectable wave form and pitch
• 5 oscillator waveforms: Saw, Pulse (with adjustable Pulse Width), Sine, Triangle and Super-Saw
• one Super Saw oscillator generates 7 individual saw oscillators at the same time, with adjustable Mix and Detune parameters, reproducing famous classic analog strings and hoover sounds
• additional (third) sinusoid sub oscillator + noise generator
• 2x-oversampled internal sound mixing frequency (96,000 Hz on iPhone 6s)
• 2 TVF (time variant filter) modules with Cutoff, Resonance, Keyboard tracking and ADSR envelope, 12 dB/octave
• 2 TVA (time variant amplifier) modules with ADSR envelope
• It is possible to pair two 12 dB TVF to get one 24 dB filter
• Pitch envelope (Attack/Decay) for each oscillator
• Ring modulation
• Sync modulation
• Pulse width modulation (PWM)
• Cross frequency modulation
• 2 LFO modulation sources with Frequency and Fade-In parameters
• LFO cross-modulation
• 6 waveforms of LFO: Triangle, Sine, Saw, Square, Trapezoid and Random (Sample & Hold)
• 4 LFO modulation destinations: Pitch, Filter, Amplifier and PWM
• Note Portamento
• 3-band EQ for each patch
• Digital realtime effects: Distortion, Bit-Crusher, Chorus, Flanger, Delay, Panning Delay and Reverb with adjustable parameters
• Master brickwall type limiter (can be switched on/off)
• Two signal flow connection structures: Parallel and Serial
• Solo playing mode with Legato switch
• Pitch Wheel with adjustable pitch bend range (2 – 24 semitones)
• Modulation Wheel with assignable controls
• Receive MIDI events: Note On, Note Off, Note Velocity, Control Change (Modulation Wheel), Pitch Bend Change, Program Change, Bank Select LSB/MSB
• Arpeggiator with 6 selectable modes and 12 rhythm patterns with tempo and swing feel control
• Scale play mode when playing onscreen keyboard with over 40 different scales to select from
• Voice polyphony up to 24
• Up to 100 user presets to store
• Scalable and movable onscreen keyboard with key velocity control
• CPU usage indicator
• Volume meter
• Show Oscillogram feature (can be switched on from Settings Page)
• Inter-App Audio supported (MIDI-Instrument mode) to use Poison-202 together with other musical apps and sequencers on your iPhone/iPad, such as Garage Band and others!
The Aphera Music app is a powerful suite of instruments. Play instruments alone or sync with your friends to play together! Expressive and intuitive, these instruments are for amateurs and professionals alike.
These instruments do not attempt to emulate existing instruments but instead create a unique and intuitive interface for the parameters of music, like rhythm, pitch, and timbre. No musical training is required, just a love of music and a desire to play! This app brings electronic music out of the studio and into your hands. Play anywhere and at any time!
Enjoy making music!
There are two instruments included in this first release: a drum machine and a slider synth. The drum machine may be more familiar whereas the slider synth provides an entirely unique way of generating melodies. Look out for additional instruments soon to be released!
The app includes a mixer and it allows control of tempo. Stack up several drum machines and synths to produce complex rhythms and harmonies!
Syncing is a breeze! With this app you can play in time with other musicians using the Aphera Music app or other apps and devices that have Ableton Link integration. Ableton Link is a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network.
The Aphera Music app can even output sound through another device running the app. Enable wifi or bluetooth and instantly connect to other musicians using the Aphera Music app. This is useful when you and your friends are jamming and there is only one cable connected to the stereo.
fluXpad is the first sample sequencer that fully functions by simply drawing the sounds. In fluXpad it’s super simple to record your own sounds, to create different pattern and to jam with them.
fluXpad is a sample based groovebox/workstation with a highly original sequencer, where you “draw“ your music, which leads to completely different results, when compared to a traditional sequencer. The y-axis of your canvas controls pitch, while the x-axis controls the sustain of your notes. Sounds familiar, but drawing on a canvas without any grid is a totally new experience. Of course it is possible to quantize your notes, or you can limit your note range to major or minor scales.
fluXpad has been developed by Mouse on Mars and Jan Trützschler
– 6 melody sequencers where you paint your melodies based on a sample of your choice
– 1 percussion/drum sequencer where you paint/tap your groove made of 7 samples of your choice
– record mode: either paint your sequence (on the top) or tap your notes (at the bottom)
– each sound has it’s own sampler settings with unique envelope, loop and start settings
– quantize / unquantize functions for each sequencer or the whole pattern
– 7 patterns to jam with, for each preset
– ability to record your own samples with the build in microphone
– import samples via iTunes or AudioShare
– huge sample library with high quality sounds/kits made by Mouse on Mars and others
– lots of demo projects made by Mouse and Mars and others
– ability buy new projects/sounds via In-App-Purchase
– ability to export/backup your projects (including sounds)
– Audiobus supported
– IAA sync supported
– Ableton Link supported
– ability to sync via midi to other apps, hardware
Dhalang Microtonal Groovebox is a standalone music software for easy and accessible use of alternative tuning systems in electronic music composition, production and performance. Dhalang offers internal synthesizers and samplers with multitrack mixing and effecting possibilities that can be controlled with internal sequencers, computer input or standard MIDI input. In addition to it’s traditional multitrack piano roll editing and sequencing, Dhalang also features several generative and algorithmic methods for more experimental sequencing of ((micro)tonal) music.
Features in (very) short:
– Various preset tuning systems and scales with a custom tuning editor.
– Analog-style, physically modelled, additive and FM synthesis methods.
– Audio Sampling with mini granulizer and audio data auto-segmentation.
– Many sequencer types; piano roll, control automation, vector, matrix and particle.
– Mixer with four buses and various sound effects.
– Offline rendering of stereo and individual tracks, MIDI import and export.
– Realtime MIDI input and output.
– Network synchronisation of various cross-platform Dhalang instances.
– Many UI colour themes and support for various languages.
for more detailed information, visit http://www.hypertonal.net/dhalanga
Developer: Joel Kivela