MiMiXmini is the iPhone version of MiMiX – Mixer for Audiobus. With MiMiXmini You can take total control of mixing of Your favorite Audiobus enabled apps’ outputs in the most convenient way. Just insert MiMiXmini into the Output Slot of Audiobus, even into multiple chains to mix the sound of the connected input or effect apps. You can even insert MiMIXmini into the input slot to send the mix or any of the ports to an other app, like a DAW to record the mix.
– Mix up to 8 Audiobus enabled apps including the system input or multiple channels of a multichannel input hardware
– Send any of the ports to another Audiobus lane for multitrack recording or send FX
– Set the main mix volume level between -INF and +12dB
– Set the volume level of each input port between -INF and +12dB
– Set the panning or balance of each port (selectable)
– Mute any port
– Set any port to solo or several port in multi-solo mode
– Monitor any port or the main mix on the built-in oscilloscopes and VU meters
– Control the main mix volume and volume, balance, mute and solo for each port using a MIDI controller or a Core MIDI app
– Control the main mix volume and volume, mute and solo for each port using Audiobus Remote on a second iOS device
– Set the MIDI CC parameters of each control via MIDI learn
– Change the MIDI settings in-app
– Double-tap on each knob or slider to set its default value
– Check the saturation indicator for each port to check if the pots power reached 0dB
– Check the clip indicator on the main mix to avoid clipping.
– Close the scope/setup screen to see more ports at once
– MiMiXmini supports Audiobus state saving feature
– MiMiXmini supports multi-output hardware devices, up to 12 stereo pairs
– MiMiXmini uses a 32 bit float engine so clipping can only occur at the main mix
– MiMiXmini is lightweight – minimal CPU usage and memory footprint
– MiMiXmini has native UI for iPhone 4s, 5/5s, 6/6s, 6+/6s+
For more details – http://ttrgames.hu/mimix/
Is anyone still making Dub tracks these days? It doesn’t seem to be flavour of the month anymore anyway. But if it’s still your thing, then this will no doubt come in very handy for your narly basslines….
WubSynth key features are its tempo synced modulation panel with easy controllable speed and its bit crusher that has a very vocal sounding digital crunch
— Saw, PW/square,
— Highpass filter and resonent lowpass filter (LP modulatable)
— Haas stereo spreader, chourus, clip, bit-crusher
— Tempo sync LFO with right hand thumb control
— 5 octave keyboard
— 99 save slots
Positive Grid’s approach to software development has always been one of innovation and industry firsts. And the California based company is once again leveraging these strengths in its latest software release.
Positive Grid’s Pro Series Studio Plug-Ins are a collection of three classic sounding audio compressors available in VST, RTAS, and AAX Native format, for Mac and PC. These professional level plug-ins take advantage of the company’s expertise in DSP engineering, resulting in them being the world’s first compressor plug-ins with component level modelling and profiling capabilities, allowing for virtually unlimited presets, including famous brand compressors, plus settings from professional studio engineers and producers.
In much the same way that Positive Grid’s Amp Match® technology works in its BIAS software for guitarists, the company says the “unique compression matching works by measuring the dynamic response, pre and post filters, non-linear transformer characteristics, and attack, release, and ratio curves to capture the nuanced sound of any compressor”.
The three compressors include FET, Optical and Tube models, each featuring the unique nuances of these classic models, but with the added ability to tweak settings way beyond the usual attack, release, ratio, and threshold parameters.
The Tube Compressor models both the look and sound characteristics of a classic analogue tube compressor. Swapping out different tubes, transformers, and capacitors, as well as an adjustable bias offers an incredible amount of customisation, from the overall warmth and tonal richness to subtle harmonic differences.
The Optical Compressor emulates the light source circuitry and sound of these popular vintage compressors. Generally speaking, this type of compressor offers the most transparent gain reduction, which is great for controlling levels without altering the character too much. In addition to exchangeable tubes and capacitors there is even an option to adjust the light source type and sensitivity, for even greater fine tuning of the attack and release parameters.
The third plug-in, and my favourite sounding of the bunch, the FET or Field Effect Transistor compressor models the tube emulation of these legendry solid–state compressors. This compressor captures the extra ‘colour’ these models are known for, plus the quick attack time, release time and look ahead function. And of course in addition to that, is the extra component that can be tweaked such as knee width and high and low cut.
It’s also worth mentioning the slick looking high resolution 3D graphics that have been used in these virtual compressors. Everything from the meters and control dials, to the pairs of tubes that glow according to the level of audio, look realistic.
Essentially there is no one compressor that is always right or wrong for the job. When deciding which one to use, it can be as simple as a personal choice, or using one that you’re most familiar with. In the end the more customisation you have at your disposal, the greater power you have to get the desired sound you’re after. And that is ultimately the strongest feature of the Pro Series Studio Plug-Ins. To date there are no equivalent plug-ins offering the same amount of tweakable accessibility.
Whether you end up diving deep into all the various settings each of these compressors offer, or you’re happy just dialling up some of the many presets that Positive Grid says will be available in the not too distant future, this tri of studio quality sound compressors are a welcome addition to any DAWs plug-in library.
For the latest on these plug-ins, head here – http://www.positivegrid.com/pro-series/index.html
The Pro Series Studio Plug-Ins are available from Positive Grid’s online store for $199 US.
Apple’s much loved family-friendly GarageBand has just been given a sprinkle of new features. The two main additions are the new Live Loops feature and the Virtual Drummer feature that exists already in Logic Pro X and the Mac version of GarageBand. Naturally, the update is free to current owners, or USD$4.99 for new purchases.
What’s New in Version 2.1
• Use Live Loops to create music by triggering instrument loops and DJ-style effects in real time using Multi-Touch gestures*
• Add a virtual Drummer to your song who takes direction and performs realistic acoustic & electronic drum grooves
• Record adjustments of any Touch Instrument control knob in real time
• Create and edit automation curves to control the volume of any track
• Shape the sound of a Touch Instrument or audio recording using Simple EQ and Compressor
• Plug in a bass guitar and play through vintage and modern bass amp rigs
• Adds over 1,200 new Apple Loops and sounds
• Record up to 32 tracks simultaneously**
• Use third-party instrument apps in your song with Audio Unit Extensions***
• Directly import or export GarageBand projects using iCloud Drive
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch****
Get a full rundown here – http://www.apple.com/au/ios/garageband/
Music Memos is the easiest way for songwriters to capture and organise new musical ideas. Use your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to record acoustic guitar, piano, voice or any musical instrument as high-quality, uncompressed audio. Then name, tag and rate your ideas to start building a library of all your favourite new song parts and riffs. Music Memos automatically detects your tempo, rhythmic feel and chords, and lets you instantly hear your musical idea accompanied by a rhythm section with realistic drums and bass. View the chords you’ve played, add comments and lyrics, or share your recordings with friends or directly to Apple Music Connect.* And it’s easy to take your favourite ideas into GarageBand, so you can add more instruments and continue building your song.
Quickly capture musical ideas
• Easily record any musical idea using a simple interface
• Instantly listen to your recorded song ideas with a virtual drummer and bass player, who follow along like a live band in the room
• Adjust the groove and sound of the drum or bass using simple and intuitive controls, to hear your song idea in different ways
• Tune your guitar with a built-in instrument tuner
Build a library of song ideas
• Name any song idea, or delete unwanted recordings
• Tag your song ideas to help you find them later — using keywords like verse, chorus, mellow and energetic — or add your own customised tags
• Rate your song idea with 1–5 stars to help you identify your favourites
• Supports iCloud Drive so your library of song ideas are always safe and available across all your iOS devices
View, edit and document your song ideas
• Automatically analyses the music you played, and displays musical measures and suggested chord names
• Rename or provide further detail for any chord names throughout your song
• The drum and bass performances adapt immediately to match any chord and rhythm edits
• Trim away any unwanted parts from the beginning and end of your recording
• Keep track of comments, lyric ideas, alternate guitar tunings or capo position
Share your new song
• Use iCloud Drive to make your song ideas available across all your iOS devices
• Email any song idea to a friend, to share your music or to collaborate with other musicians
• Quickly open your idea in GarageBand for iOS, to add more instruments and keep building your song
• Export a song idea to Mac so you can work on it in GarageBand or Logic Pro X as a full multi-track production
• Share to SoundCloud, YouTube and Apple Music Connect*
More details – http://www.apple.com/music-memos/
Lurssen Mastering Console puts you at the controls in the studio with all of the secret tools, settings and techniques of world renowned multi-Grammy Award winning mastering engineer Gavin Lurssen and his team. Now you can master your music on the go on your iPad and get the professional, Grammy award-winning sound that the studio is known for. Pop, rock, hip-hop and more, Lurssen Mastering Console can help you achieve amazing mastering results when a trip to Los Angeles just isn’t in the budget.
THE WHOLE IS GREATER THAN THE SUM OF ITS PARTS – THE LURSSEN MASTERING CONSOLE DIFFERENCE
Lurssen Mastering Console is a totally unique and new approach to digital audio mastering. It’s designed to help you capture the magic of the Lurssen Mastering studio’s entire mastering audio processing philosophy. Instead of giving you just a collection of individual processors and presets, Lurssen Mastering Console provides you with models of the complete mastering gear processor chain as a whole. The interactions between the individual processors have been digitally recreated which recreates the synergistic “whole is greater than the sum of its parts” sound that has earned Gavin and Lurssen Mastering multiple Grammys.
With Lurssen Mastering Console, you have automatic access to a lifetime’s worth of professional audio mastering experience. It helps you quickly get great sounding results thanks to its 20 pre-made “Styles” templates, which have been created and optimized by Gavin Lurssen, mastering engineer Reuben Cohen and the rest of the team. These templates reflect decades of combined mastering experience and fit a broad range of musical genres.
Using Lurssen Mastering couldn’t be easier: Just create a project, load a song, then select an appropriate “Style” from the drop-down menu. Take control via an Input Drive knob and a five band EQ as well as a “PUSH” knob, which lets you subtly and uniformly nudge the EQs so you can “ride” the flow of the song and add that special Lurssen “magic” to your music. You can view and automate changes to the two knobs by using the waveform display with three different automation modes. You can make adjustments to EQ settings and save those as presets for easy recall — a preset consists of a style plus your adjustments. You can also view the physical gear chain and make subtle adjustments via the Chain view. When you’ve finished your mastering work, you can export your song to File Sharing, SoundCloud and more in a variety of popular file formats for final distribution and delivery.
With the Lurssen Mastering Console you can easily master audio with your iPad while on the go.
• Created with Grammy Award winning Mastering Engineer Gavin Lurssen and his team
• Digitally reproduces Lurssen Mastering’s unique studio workflow, techniques and signal chain philosophy
• Synergistic “whole is greater than the sum of its parts” mastering app for iPad
• 20 pre-made “Styles” created by Lursssen Mastering that reproduce the settings and gear used to master different genres
• 3 easy-to-navigate displays: A Studio view with controls, a Wave waveform view and a Chain view for the individual processors
• Controllable Input Drive knob
• Adjustable 5 band EQ with fixed frequency
• “PUSH” Knob to subtly enhance selected song passages via uniform EQ adjustment
• Full automation available to adjust controls to audio content
• Gangable Input Drive control for stereo balance tweaks
• Input/Process assignable VU metering
• Stereo/Mono monitoring capability
• 88.2/96kHz output processing
• Audio import from device library
• FREE app that allows demo of settings and features (limited to first 2 minutes of audio, intermittent silence injected plus no output/export options)
• Single full version in-app purchase “unlock” provides all functions and features of the app
Get the latest here – http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/lurssen/
MegaCurtisBig uses an unusual hybrid of wavetable and granular synthesis to create tones and timbres quite apart from the standard FM or subtractive synthesis fare. Add this app to your arsenal to create sounds you simply cannot squeeze out of any other synth, no matter how much you’ve twiddled its knobs.
Create a synthesizer from any recording, with endless tweaking possibilities. Play the sound forward, backward, or even at a single point! Unlike scratching a record, pitch doesn’t depend on how quickly you move through the recording.
You can load sounds through iTunes, record directly with your iPad, or paste audio from other applications. Try it with speech, singing, synths, jackhammers, or birds. Mangle your recordings or create soft, gentle textures.
Get the latest here – http://megacurtis.strange.agency/
FongPhone brings the power and chaos of classic analog synthesis to your iPhone or iPad in digital form. Two Fong controls combined with a variety of voices and effects will have you sounding like a 70s psychedelic synth guru in no time.
– Easy to play, expressive Fong controls with a variety of sounds
– Classic effects, including resonant filters, delay, portamento and more
– Ability to save states for later use or for real time control
– Looping tools, including unpredictable or static Chunky modes to give your play a different feel
– Mapped or free modes allow you to play Fongs either within musical scales or in a freeform range allowing maximum expressiveness
Get the latest from – http://www.fongphone.com/
This application is a gift from Neoduction to all audio professionals. We started with 12 simple applications, and this is just the beginning of something bigger we want to build for you.
Some of these tools help with very simple calculations that may seem obvious. Our aim is for this app to serve all audio engineers across all levels of knowledge.
APPLICATIONS V 1.0.1
WIRE ATTENUATION; Calculate the loss of high frequencies in the transport of an electrical signal due to the impedance, capacitance and the length of the signal cable.
SPEED OF SOUND: Calculate the variations in the speed of sound caused by the air temperature in degrees C, and Kº Fº. The result is given in several different units.
Do you know the speed of sound in the North Pole? How is it different during a 20:00 pm show at the location where I’m doing soundcheck at 15:00 pm?
SABINE T-60: A way to roughly estimate the decay at 60 dB of reverberation time, knowing the dimensions, key materials and room shape.
BPM / DELAY: Calculate the time in ms of musical notation of a known tempo. You can also tap if you don’t know it.
FILE WEIGHT: Do you have space on your hard disk to start recording this multitrack project? Find out safely.
SAMPLES / FREQUENCY: This calculator will be useful to know the variations in the wavelength of a frequency as a function of temperature. e.g., how many samples make up an 18KHz wave at 48KHz?
OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: The eternal question of how many speakers can be connected to this amplifier and in what way, and the estimated power applied accord to his impedance, also you can check the power received by each speaker.
STEREO PATTERNS: Calculate the coverage areas of a pair of stereo microphones according to their polar patterns, placement and spacing of the orchestra.
EIGENMODES: Calculate the eigenmodes of a room or space according to its dimensions. Very interesting if you’re building a home studio or want to know how a 140 m² stage parallel to the ground influences your sound work.
Q FACTOR / OCTAVES: Some of us prefer to know the bandwidth of a parametric eq in octaves.
CLUSTER DELAY: Calculate the delay necessary to position two clusters depending on the temperature, the distance between them and the Hass effect.
FREQUENCY / NOTE: Calculate the direct and inverse relationship between frequency and musical note and its deviation, taking into account the overall pitch of the A4 with 440, 441, 442, 443 or 444 Hz.
More details – https://neoductiontools.com/productos.php?prod=APP
Learning chords, building melodies, and jamming out is now more accessible than ever! Using a unique isomorphic key layout (resembling honeycomb), all of your major and minor chords are one finger tap away! As a convenient bonus, the geometry of chords and scales are consistent across different keys as well – a struggle that is all too familiar to those traditional keyboard players out there.
– Unique Isomorphic Key Layout
– Scale highlighting + hiding
– Live Chord Progression Highlighting
– Portrait and Landscape modes
– Four built in instruments
– Background-App MIDI (try using it with Garageband for iOS!)
– Network MIDI (connect to your computer running Ableton or Logic!)
– Control MIDI CC parameters using the iPad’s internal Gyroscope
– Pitch-Bend + Modulation Knobs
For more info on HoneyChord check out our website – honeychord.com !