midiLFOs is a MIDI controller app that sends modulation control data to other music apps and external synthesizers. It consists of four independent LFOs that are used to send 7 bit MIDI CC messages in repeating Low Frequency Oscillating patterns. The LFOs can be the various standard shapes (sine, saw, triangle, square, sample and hold) but can also modulate each others amplitude and rate to create even more interesting shapes.
midiLFOs does not make music or sound by itself, it controls other MIDI capable synth apps and devices in your studio. You can use it to modulate the filter cutoff frequency of your favorite synth app, the pan position of the hi hats in a drum machine app, the feedback amount of a delay effect, or the pitch of an external hardware synthesizer. Or you can do all four at the same time.
– Four independent LFOs that send 7-bit MIDI CCs
– Easily configure CoreMIDI port, channel, CC# per LFO
– Easily adjust shape, rate, offset, lag per LFO
– Modulate the rate and amount of an LFO using other LFOs
– Sync LFOs to MIDI clock
– Map trigger, LFO rate, and modulation amount values to incoming MIDI
Designed to be easy to configure and use, midiLFOs gives you a quick to configure and easy to use MIDI LFO controller toy with some nice extra features that also make it a useful pro music studio tool.
bent.fm is a full FM model of a circuit-bent synthesizer. bent.fm allows the user to tweak classic circuit bending modifications like fine and octave-decimated clock bends, and experiment with more esoteric bends. Circuit-bent distortions and algorithmic sequences can be created by (im)proper connections on the bend matrix. Reroute digital serial information through the base chip set (a numerically controlled oscillator) and extra logic gates (NAND and XOR, binary counters), and experience architecture-level bit crushing. For anyone interested in circuit bending, glitch sounds, industrial music, and post-procedural art.
The soundtestroom walk through video –
If you happen to find an English translation of what the app is for let us know……
Here’s a video teaser of the main features –
If your Japanese is pretty good, the details can be found here – http://www.m-tank.jp/klang2/#pagetop
Got give a special shout out for this new app, as it’s been created in my home town, and there isn’t much in the way of iOS app development around this area, so congrats, and best of luck with this fun music app!!
Sample packs are updated weekly, and include a mix of percussive and melodic sounds to encourage randomness and ‘happy accidents’ while you play.
– An eclectic and inspiring mix of sounds
– New packs released every week
– Simple effects built for live performance
– Customize the UI color to suit your taste
Sidestage is the long-awaited answer to the question of how best to deal with backing tracks on stage or in rehearsal. Fast, versatile, intuitive, and expandable, Sidestage is designed by professional musicians with the most important features to help you stay in sync with pre-recorded music in any live performance setting.
** Special introductory price – unlock for $9.99 **
Be one of the first to get your hands on the ultimate backing tracks app for a special price!
If you’re tired of lugging cumbersome laptops and interfaces to your shows, frustrated with finicky mobile solutions, or simply don’t know where to begin, Sidestage makes it easy for you.
• automatic click perfectly in sync with your music – no need to waste time preparing click tracks
• Audio is split automatically out the iOS device headphone jack – one side is the click and music for the musician, the other is only the music for the audience
• 3rd party interface compatible, 2 or 4-channel operation (Send full stereo mix to audience and full stereo to musicians)
• Compatible with Apogee Duet, Native Instruments Traktor Audio 2, Novation AudioHub 2X4, PreSonus AudioBox iOne/iTwo, Focusrite iTrack Solo (Apple adapters may be required)
• Exclusive Sidestage Crosstalk Control to help reduce crosstalk or bleed between channels when splitting out headphone jack
• Import your music ultra fast via cloud (Dropbox, Box.com, iCloud, Google Drive) or drag and drop files via iTunes app sync
• Works with most audio files (WAV/AIFF/MP3/AAC), 24 bit and up to 96k
• Unlimited tracks and sets (full version)
• Control each track’s tempo, pitch (+/-12 semitones), gain, start and end trim – right from within the app
• High quality time/pitch algorithm
• Automatic 1,2, or 4 bar voice counts for any track
• Nudge the click track perfectly in time with your audio with click delay
• Change any set’s song order, add or remove tracks easily
• Play Through and One Shot tracks: each track can be set to either stop when complete or play into the next automatically
• Choose from several custom and familiar click sounds (coming soon)
• Clear, attractive, intuitive user interface – easy to read in high pressure live situations
• Big, striking transport for ease of control
• Info Pane with Bar Counter, Tempo and Pitch settings, and Scrub bar
• Show Mode / Set View : two different set viewing modes to suit individual needs during shows or rehearsals
• Large, legible font in Show Mode so you know where you are at a quick glance
• Free version is full-featured, limited to 2 user tracks at a time
• More features to come in the In-App Store!
• iPhone® | iPad® | iPod touch®
• Rock solid and stable
• Super easy and fast to get started: import your audio, tell app the audio’s original tempo, and you’re ready to go. All you need is your device and a simple splitter cable and some earbuds and you can play a show with your backing tracks.
• Simple enough for beginners, powerful enough for the pros.
• Great for drummers, keyboard players, guitar players, musical directors – whoever deals with backing tracks!
• National touring acts, local/regional bands, cover bands, church bands, solo artists, street performers, theater troupes – anything!
• Dependable backup solution for more advanced setups
• Excellent practice tool as well – speed up and slow down tracks with metronome for learning and perfecting parts, change the pitch, etc.
– – – – – – – – – –
Sidestage was created by a nationally known recording and touring artist and long time stage manager and tech, both with extensive experience with live music and backing tracks. It was designed from the ground up with an eye toward what real musicians need. We’ve got many more features coming to Sidestage in the future – be sure to check the in-app Store for the latest.
Head to www.sidestageapp.com, check out the vids and FAQs, or drop us a line.
Thank you and Happy Sidestaging!
LoopTree is an exciting new breed of looper that brings more fun than ever to creating live music! Record and group practically unlimited vocal and instrumental loops using a powerful, layered interface that gives you unrivalled control over the music you create.
Get your creative juices flowing and evolve your loops using the built-in filter and multi-touch beat repeat.
LoopTree solves the problem of destructive merging by instead combining your loops into layers. You retain individual control over your original loops and you can also control them as one using the new layer.
Note: of course nothing’s truly unlimited, but we haven’t programmed any specific limit to the number of loops or layers you can have. If you keep adding loops, eventually you will start to hear audio glitches.
• Unlimited number of loops (practically!)
• Non-destructive layering
• Beat repeat – sample, repeat and reverse loops
• Filter – add variety with an LPF, BPF and HPF
• Normal recording – fixed or multiple length loops
• Chained recording – select multiple tracks to record loops back-to-back
• Layered recording – equivalent of non-destructive overdubbing
Within a session, all loops are a 2^n multiple of the shortest loop (2x, 4x, 8x, etc). This makes it really easy to set the loop length whilst recording.
EASY TO USE
• One-finger volume/pan control on individual or simultaneous loops
• Group control – group tracks into layers; parent tracks control all layers of child tracks.
• MIDI Control
• Quantize options
• Metronome – create custom accented rhythms
SHARING AND IMPORT
• Support for IAA, AudioBus – best used with LoopTree in the foreground
• AudioCopy – copy session recordings and combined loops
• AudioPaste – start your session with pasted audio
• Share sessions and recordings via email, iTunes and SoundCloud
LoopTree works well with headphones, but for truly outstanding quality, we recommend using a USB audio interface. We have tested the following interfaces:
• Behringer UCA222 and 202
• Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (includes MIDI)
VOX Tone Room iOS edition is an application that allows you to edit various parameters of the VOX products from your iPhone/iPad, and allows you to manage your programs and transmit/receive them with your computer. The edits that you make are immediately sent to the VOX products so that you can check the sounds as you edit them. Since VOX Tone Room can graphically display many parameters at once, all the capabilities of the VOX products can be handled more easily. VOX Tone Room is also useful as a librarian for managing all your sounds and settings.
Tone Room 1.0.0 support “VOX modeling guitar amplifier VX II”
To use this software with your VX II, you need a USB cable to connect with computer, and you need an Apple genuine USB camera adapter to use this software with an Apple iOS device.
Seline Redux Synthesizer 3.0 is the revitalization and continuation of the Seline line. A feature rich synthesizer for hours of fun or making incredible tracks. MIDI and AudioBus 2 support included. Now with 3 keyboards, categorized sounds, and Dual Multi-FX controller.
“…Gorgeous, futuristic music making app… one of the most ambitious apps I’ve seen on the iPad, period.” – Gizmodo
The Seline synth is a very powerful musical tool, for instant production of tons of first-class musical ideas. The melodies can now be recorded to .WAV/.M4A and MIDI simultaneously. Hardware, virtual, wireless MIDI in/out, as well as Audio Copy/Paste are fully supported. There are 14 bundled instruments, 3 drones, and 4 drum loops.
Seline is a great live performance and improvisation music instrument that will keep you playing for hours, even if you haven’t touched any synth before. The sound is altered on the fly with a dozen of subtle AI algorhythms that add unbelievable expression, character and life to your music. Drones (chorded synth pads) are generated on-the-fly based on the complex analysis of your melody line and provide an excellent background layer for your melody.
***** Seline 1.0 was the iPad App of the week by Gizmodo & CultOfMac *****
***** Seline 1.0 has been featured by Apple as New & Noteworthy *****
・Seline Redux Swing for incredible runs
・Standard Piano for trained musicians
・Seline Ultimate Ergo for the classic users
Fully adjustable 16-note scale is divided into 2 parts (odd and even), which are then mapped top/bottom (Redux Swing) and on the left/right (Seline Ultimate Ergo). Such way of note mapping is beneficial to the existing linear scale mapping solutions as it allows many more improvisation possibilities. And, of course, the player is never out of tune.
Symbiosis of research, technology, and passion… Seline is the latest, most innovative and best-sounding music instrument for the iPad, aimed at easy creation of complicated, soulful, intricate melodies, backed with lush soundscapes. Record them all, and you’ll never run out of musical ideas!
+ Advanced CrystalClarity HD sound engine
+ ioGrid 2.0 – ergonomically designed playing surface
+ 30 factory instruments, 6 drones, 8 drumloops
+ More than 1 GB of instruments are available for purchase
+ Easy note-to-note pitch bends and velocity/filter controls
+ Playing expressive, soulful melodies has never been so easy before
+ Automatic backing track – drones (chorded pads) generation
+ Support of playing drumloops for overdubbing or just having fun
+ Instant transposition controls, A/B setup switching
+ 4 FX: Grand Stereo Reverb, Dub Delay, Filter, Lush Chorus
+ MeloDist – Advanced “singing distortion” feature
+ 30 included scales + custom scale creation
+ Record to .WAV/.M4A/MIDI, overdub, file manager
+ Find your recorded files in iTunes / Apps / Seline Ultimate page
+ Full MIDI compatibility (Record to file/Hardware/Virtual)
+ Advanced File Manager
official link – http://www.zcage.com/seline.html
Positive Grid (www.positivegrid.com), expands the already popular BIAS FX iPad amp-and-effects processor with three new fully fledged effects expansion packs: Essential Analog, Classic Effects, and Effect Powerhouse. With this update, BIAS FX iPad users will be able to add some of the most sought-after guitar effects and stompboxes in the industry, add them into BIAS FX’s dual signal chain, integrate them with BIAS Amp models, and share and download their custom pedalboards on ToneCloud, Positive Grid’s tone sharing platform. The new BIAS FX Expansion Packs are available now as in-app purchase.Essential Analog Pack
This collection of greatest hits from guitar-pedal history gives users ten time-proven effects: three different overdrives, four modulation pedals, analog delay and a noise gate. Effects models are based on the ISP Technologies® Decimator G, Keeley® 4 knobs compressor, Klon® Centaur, Electro Harmonix® Big Muff, Fulltone® OCD v4, Voodoo Lab® Micro Vibe, Demeter® Tremulator Tremolo, Electro Harmonix® Small Clone Chorus, MXR® EVH117 Flanger Pedal and the Boss® Dm-3 Analog Delay.
Classic Effects Pack
Emulations of ten rare pedals from the ’60s, ’70s and ’80 lather your guitar tone with vintage cream. Included are two vintage overdrives, four classic modulation effects and hard-to-find delay, booster, compressor and noise gate pedals. Effects models are based on the MXR® Noise Filter, BBE® Opto Stomp, Vox® v810 valve tone, Marshall® ShredMaster, Mu-Tron® Mutron III Envelope Filter, Univox® Uni-Vibe, Moog® Moogerfooger MF-103 Phaser, Boss® CE-1 Chorus Ensemble and the Electro-Harmonix® Deluxe Memory Man Delay Pedal.
Effect Powerhouse Pack
Positive Grid rounded up the very best boutique pedals from several guitar-effects categories and rolled them into one dynamite collection. Nine pedals—a booster, fuzz, overdrive, pitch shifter, octaver, ring modulator, phaser, reverse delay and reverb—catapult your tone beyond the ordinary to create ear-grabbing tracks that demand attention. Step into the spotlight with these best-of-breed guitar effects. Effect models are based on the TC Electronic® Spark Booster Guitar Pedal, Zvex® Fuzz Factory, Bogner® Ecstasy Blue Overdrive Pedal, Digitech® Whammy 4, Electro-Harmonix® POG2 Polyphonic Octave Generator Pedal, Moog® Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulator, BK Butler® Tube Driver, MU-TRON® Phasor II, DigiTech® Supernatural Ambient Stereo Reverb Pedal.BIAS FX Expansion packs are available for $9.99 each as in-app purchase on the BIAS FX store.
Further Information: www.positivegrid.com
German based developer of all things innovative sounding, Sugar Bytes, continues the platform porting of its highly respected desktop audio mincing software to the iOS space. The low frequency, speaker popping, bass synth, Cyclop, is the latest arrival for iPad.
At its core, Cyclop for iPad is pound for pound a replica of its older brother for desktop pcs, released a few years back. It’s a monophonic bass synth, meaning only one note is playable at a time, and although gritty basslines are not the sole function for this synth engine, that’s definitely where it’s subby pounding heart is at.
The Cyclop plug-in has already seen plenty of coverage since it was first released, such as the great overview by the soundtestroom here, so I’m not going to delve too much into the inner workings, for the sake of repeating what has already been reported and reviewed elsewhere online.
But at the very least, for those that still aren’t too sure what Cyclop is, here’s a brief overview of the key features.
At the top left of the app, is the first of four unique dials, the wobble knob, which is a controllable parameter allowing Cyclop to generate complex LFO modulations. Of the 12 available slots here, up to 16 different waveforms can be selected, one in each slot.
At the bottom left side are the two main sound makers, which are both packed with 6 synth engines each, including Saw Regiment, Analog Sync, FM, Transformer, Spectromat, and Phase Stressor. Further tweaking of each synth can be made with a series of colourfully labelled knobs such as Syncfreak, Stab, and Digitize. My favourite it the transformer synth, which is combo of a granular synth and wavetable synth, which has some cool vocal samples you can mess around with.
On the opposite side, also at the bottom of the screen, are two filters and a routing section. The router can send the two synths to independent filters, or plus there’s parallel or series mode. There are 10 filter types to choose from, plus the usual cutoff, resonance, and wet/dry mix controls. A unique feature in the filter section is the ‘vowel’ option, which can give bass sounds that ‘mouthing’ style bass effect.
Another key sound shaping component is the distortion knob next to the sub-oscillator, with its 9 different modes, which can really drive new character into a sound. Playing with the sub-osc and bass controls let you dial in additional lows, and the stereo knob, as it sounds, adds a widening effect.
Naturally, modulation is the main drawcard of Cyclop, and the centre of the screen offers access to a customisable envelop, LFO and step sequencer as sources for synths and filters. The same area is where you assign modulation targets for the wobble and sound knobs.
For anyone already familiar with Sugar Bytes previous products, you’ll know they excel at pattern-based effects sequencing, check out Effectrix if you need a refresher. So they’ve been kind enough to pack this same functionality into Cyclop. The dial in the top right corner, in combination with the effects sequencer section in the middle of the screen, allow you to add a variety of programmable effects, ranging from phasing, chorus and looping, to vinyl effects and classic delays and reverbs.
And like all of the key knobs and parameters in Cyclop, these can all be automated for finite control over your sound.
As I said, this was merely a brief overview of the key features of Cyclops, and I haven’t even touched on the excellent preset browser and the cool arcade game style patch preview option.
Most importantly for iOS users are the features that have been included with the iPad version of Cyclop. These include a wonderfully slick touch user interface, and full MIDI support for using external controllers. You can also access audio from your devices music library. iTunes File sharing is available for importing/exporting files, and last but not least the all important Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support for talking with other music making/recording apps.
If a bass line is serious business for you, from cranking EDM to gritty dubstep, there isn’t a better iPad app for creating truly original, sub-ulicious sounds, with almost limitless possibilities, that Cyclop.