With a library of 3600 editable patterns, loops, and fills, Drum Session is a very fast, simple way to put together a complete drum track.
1. Select a pattern
2. Drag it onto the timeline
3. Press play
– 3600 preset patterns
– 30 complete sets of acoustic drum samples
– Record your own beats
– Piano roll style editing
– MIDI in / out
– Inter-app-audio (IAA)
– Export beats as MIDI or audio files
– Connect to external drum kits or keyboards by MIDI
For more details, videos and updates – http://drumsession.org/
SLICR MUSIC PRODUCTION APP for iPad and iPhone
Slice Beats, Remix, Recycle, Design, DJ, Compose, & Share
// MAKE, SEE, HEAR
Turn your iOS device into a professional sample slicing and chopping beat making & music production tool with DJ FX mode, and live arrangements similar to Ableton Live. Slicr includes everything you need to create a beat quickly and easily, including 4 banks of samples/slices, built-in effects, plus the ability to create new sequences, loops and record and overdub beats. With more than 600 free samples, and 10 editable template songs, Slicr is the first drum machine to feature the Wave View which allows you to easily distinguish sounds on pads and read waveforms.
Import sounds from your iTunes Library, custom sample libraries or collect more than 600 free high-quality, professionally recorded samples of hard hitting drums, luscious synths, and smooth bass and 808s for Electronic, Trap and Hip-Hop music from cutting edge producers like Mr.Carmack. Loops from vintage synths, rare tape recordings, field recordings and foley are also included. Slicr will be updated monthly with new sound packs.
Use up to three slicing modes to repurpose your music library and your own custom sample collection for remixes and sample-chopped beats. Combine your chops with Slicr Sounds and you’re ready to slice beats like Kanye!
• Region Slice mode allows you to chop a sample into equally sized slices.
• Auto Slice Mode allows you to detect and intelligently position slice points within a sample.
• Manual Mode allows you to swipe to place slice markers directly on the waveform.
• More than 600 samples and 10 template songs
• Use 16 Wave View drum pads for real-time drum sequencing on your iOS device. Load up to 64 samples
• Exclusive free Slicr Sounds pack
• Includes in-app purchases for extra packs from Mr.Carmack
• Sample from music library or import your own library
• Slice sounds using 3 distinct modes for sampling found in classic samplers
• Export your loop based arrangement in real-time in DJ mode.
• Transfer recordings to your computer via iTunes
• Route FX through slices individually
• Share your Slicr Kits and selections with others via Slicr’s Kit Feed
• Pitch slices up and down for classic sampler pitching
• Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
• Live Loop queuing for real-time performance and playback
• Simple drag and drop sound selection with audio preview
• Built-in effects: delay, distortion, reverb
• One shot/Hold mode: cutoff the sound when you lift off the device
• Choke Groups: A pad’s sample will cut off another sample if its in the same choke group
• Quantize Time correct: 1/4 note – 1/32
• Glitch Master effect – 1/16 – 1/4
• Delay Fade Master effect
• Highpass and Lowpass Filter Master effect
• Varispeed pitching with Lock and Drop (pitch drop 1/1 – 1/4) modes
• Change the colors of the pads to your liking
• No matter which iOS device you use, Slicr adapts to your screen size
// SEE YOUR MUSIC
Utilize your iTunes Library of songs for remixing! Import songs from your iTunes Library, Slicr sound packs, and your own “.wav” samples to the “CRATE”. Then collect and edit snippets of songs for reuse in sample based beats, remixes and mashups.
// EXPERT CONTROLS
Applying and routing reverb, delay and distortion can be done to a single slice or to multiple slices. Add some smoothness and control with the one-shot/hold mode and choke groups.
Pads is basically a wavetable synthesizer with a noise/grain generator and a high cut filter. With a carefully developed ”wobbler” that detunes the waveforms and makes small inconsistencies to several internal parameters and a nice sounding chorus, this synthesizer is able to create some really interesting and non-statical pad sounds.
• AUv3, works with AUv3 compatible hosts like GarageBand, Cubasis, Auria, AUM etc.
• 30 handcrafted presets created by professional musicians
• Filter, Attack and volume can be modulated by velocity
• Controllable grit/grain level, sampled from a real hammond organ with a broken tone wheel
• Controllable wobble factor that adds analogue unpredictability
Important: Pads in stand-alone mode does not support IAA, Audiobus or MIDI. You can try it out using the keyboard at the bottom, but that’s it. We recommend using Pads with AUv3 compatible hosts.
For further details – https://klevgrand.se/products/pads/
Here’s another likely to highly addictive synth from the team at IceGear
Redshrike Synthesizer – Polyphonic Subtractive Synthesizer
– Waveform Morphing: Saw – Triangle – Pulse
– Frequency Modulation: Type, Frequency, Depth
– Detune (3xOSC)
– Sub Oscillator
– Type: White, Pink, Blue, Pitched, Digital, Glitch
– Type: 24dB/Oct, 12dB/Oct
– Cutoff Frequency
* Effects : Chorus, Delay, Reverb
* Programmable Arpeggiator
You can easily create your own pattern.
* Inter-App Audio
You can stream live audio directly to other Inter-App Audio host applications.
You can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps. See http://audiob.us for more information.
* Ableton Link
Ableton Link is a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network.
* CoreMIDI / Virtual MIDI Input
* MIDI Controller Mapping with MIDI Learn
* External MIDI sync
* Resizable Keyboard
You can change which octaves are shown by dragging on bottom of keyboard.
For more details – http://www.icegear.net/redshrike/
This app is capable and complex FM synthesiser that can create rich and very strange sounds combining up to 10 sound generators. Every generator can be adjusted up or down from the main frequency almost without restrictions in range. There are 4 possible wave forms for the generator output and you can tweet the volume, modulation and add some tremolo effect. You can listen to the result sound while you are adjusting the new generator and just add it to the result when it sounds good.
With the Sound Maker Synth you can also add reverb and then play it as a one voice synth using the one octave keyboard at the top. The app is very capable to create some strange and alien like pad sounds as some dubstep bass.
KORG iWAVESTATION – A wave sequence synthesizer for iOS.
The WAVESTATION synthesizer went on sale in 1990. This instrument featured an advanced vector synthesis system which created new sounds by combining and connecting multiple waveforms; it provided a mix/morphing function that let you use a joystick to change the balance of four oscillators, and a distinctive wave sequence function that allowed you to place waveforms in a desired sequence to create sequence patterns. To this day, it continues to be considered a legendary and still-unique instrument.
Now in 2016, the WAVESTATION has been reborn as “KORG iWAVESTATION,” an app for iPad/iPhone. In addition to completely reproducing the programs, it also features a renewed design that lets everyone experience the stupendous sound-shaping potential of the WAVESTATION. It features touch-based operation that’s distinctive of iOS, in conjunction with a new graphic interface that allows you to visualize and edit the time-varying timbral changes that are distinctive of the WAVESTATION.
[ Features ]
– A faithful reproduction of the original WAVESTATION sound: In addition to providing the sounds from all PCM memories of the WAVESTATION, the new iWAVESTATION also reproduces in software every detail of the parameters, based on an analysis of the original hardware circuit diagram.
– A new wave sequence view that can be graphically controlled: The iWAVESTATION, we advance another step with a graphical user interface that takes advantage of the touch operations that are a characteristic of iOS. Even more than ever, we’ve updated the screen design with an emphasis on creating sequences.
– 1,500 sounds, more than 700 waveforms, 55 effects, and a powerful random sequence engine: This new instrument includes a stupendous number of presets and waveforms, covering all models of the series. iWAVESTATION also provides a new random sequence function which will give you different perspectives to inspire new sounds.
– Produce music together with KORG Gadget integration: iWAVESTATION can be used in conjunction with the “KORG Gadget” music production DAW app that has won numerous awards around the world. If both apps are installed, it can be used as the “Milpitas” gadget inside the KORG Gadget app.
More info at http://www.korg.com
Synth Automata is an app designed for making Generative music.
Synth Automata achieves Algorithmic composition via the uses of an interactive Cellular Automata (Conway’s Game of Life) as a tigger for notes. The user can select what scale the Automata maps to, The generated notes are then passed on to the synthesizer and onboard effects.
It was inspired my a talk given by Brian Eno and Will Wright
– 8×8 Cellular Automata
– 64 oscillators
– Ladder style resonant low-pass filter
– Onboard effects; reverb, delay
– Tempo control
– Programable scale
– AHD amp envelope
– 3 waveforms
– High-pass filter
– Made in Cornwall, UK
Haaze provides two different ways of making a mono (or a not-wide-enough-stereo) signal to a wider stereo signal.
By splitting the input signal into 16 different frequency regions, spanning from 20 Hz to 20kHz, Haaze can add different amount of stereo-widening to different frequency regions. This makes it possible to transform a mono track into a natural sounding stereo track (by for example keeping lower frequencies in mono while spreading the higher ones).
Haaze is using two different stereo widening techniques, Haas (short delays between left and right channel) and ”Split EQ” (different gain on different channels on different frequency regions).
• AUv3, works with AUv3 compatible hosts like Cubasis, Auria, AUM etc.
• 16 separate frequency regions with independent parameters on each band
• Two different stereo widening algorithms (Split EQ and Haas)
• Convenient and easy-to-use user interface
To apply the Haas effect, click and drag the spring component horizontally. The top-most part applies the effect on higher frequencies, and the bottom-most part applies the effect on lower frequencies.
To apply the ”Split EQ” effect, drag the LOW (bass frequencies), MID (mid frequencies), HIGH (high frequencies) sliders to apply the effect.
The MIX knob mixes the input audio with the processed audio.
NOTE: When setting the MIX knob somewhere in the middle, there might be noticeable phase issues (if so, we recommend setting the value to max and adjusting the other parameters instead).
Important: Haaze in stand-alone mode does not support IAA, Audiobus. You can try it out using the microphone, but beware of audio feedback (use headphones!). We recommend using Haaze with AUv3 compatible hosts.
ToneStack is the ultimate UNIVERSAL app for signal processing: with the LARGEST and BEST selection of AMPS & FX, the latest advancements in modeling technology, and an unbelievably powerful yet simple interface – it simply shreds all the other guys.
What’s New in Version 3.0
Welcome to ToneStack III, the 3rd major upgrade to the leading amps & FX processor for iPad and iPhone! ToneStack III introduces loads of meticulously designed effects, amps & cabs, including:
• Sophisticated rack & special delays,
— Taproom multi-tap delay
— Delay Tripper “tricked out” delay with custom FX processing
— The Duplicator artificial double/triple tracker with vari-speed
— DuckWalk ducking / dynamic stereo delay
— Memory Guy analog-modeling delay / modulation pedal
• Acoustic guitar simulators and specially designed acoustic effects
• Custom & rare distortions,
— Black Moor vintage treble booster / overdrive
— Fury Unleash’d distortion
— Blues Brother custom blues overdrive
— Dragon Claw fuzz / distortion
— Buzz Bone ‘60s fuzz
— Bleecker St. ‘70s fuzz / distortion
• British Invasion line of vintage UK valve amps & cabs, inspired by the iconic workhorses of British blues, rock and metal.
Other additions & improvements include, but are not limited to,
• Bluetooth MIDI connectivity: connect to compatible bluetooth MIDI controllers by going to Settings -> MIDI -> Bluetooth MIDI inside ToneStack.
• iOS 10 updates & compatibility
• Optimizations & improvements to performance
Visit ToneStack’s in-app store to check out all the new gear & bundles. And if you already own the Motherload from the previous version, unlock all the new gear via the specially priced MotherLoad v3.0 Upgrade package.
Pocket size drum machine, perfect for making beats.
You can record live with the drum pads and even add simple bass line to the beat.
2 drum kits with 12 tweakable drum sounds and customisable bass sound
Easy to use!
– real synthesised bass sounds
– sampled drum sounds
– export to WAV or MIDI
– real-time parameters
Jack the beat maker is simplified but yet powerful rhythm greater tool.