It also can send the microphone audio wirelessly to other Studio Six Digital apps running on another iOS device over a LAN.
In addition to sending the uncompressed digital audio, AudioTools Wireless also sends the calibration data to the host application, so that the dB value on the host application will match the value on the AudioTools Wireless device.
When linked to a Studio Six Digital audio app, AudioTools Wireless can also be used as a remote generator, so that you can control the generator output signal wirelessly.
AudioTools Wireless is compatible with the Studio Six Digital iTestMic. Since iTestMic stores its calibration internally, when you plug it into AudioTools Wireless that calibration is extracted and transmitted to the host device.
Data is sent in full 48kHz 16-bit format, uncompressed for full fidelity. You can control the latency to account for local network performance.
Currently the following Studio Six Digital apps are supported for wireless communication with AudioTools Wireless, more coming soon:
* RTA — Real Time Analyzer
* FFT — Fast Fourier Transform audio analyzer
* SPL Meter — Sound Level Meter
* Smaart Spectrum — FFT-based audio analyzer
* AudioTools — Requires AudioTools 6.6 or later
Transfer Function is a dual-FFT acoustic analysis app that is used for sound system audio analysis. Since it can operate with music as the signal source, it can be used during a musical performance to monitor and turn the system equalization during the show.
Transfer Function requires a two-channel audio interface to run, such as the Studio Six Digital iAudioInterface2.
With Transfer Function, you can make changes to a sound system without having to run pink noise or swept sine waves through the system. This allows you to monitor system performance, or make adjustments, while the system is in use and the crowd is in the room.
Transfer Function is by definition a dual-channel measurement, and so to use it you need a two-channel input device. iAudioInterface2 was designed specifically with Transfer Function in mind, since it includes a microphone input, and a second line input for the reference signal.
You can also use other two-channel interfaces, such as the original iAudioInterface.
For more details - http://www.studiosixdigital.com/
Start by recording an impulse, such as a handclap or balloon pop, or record a swept sine and use the built-in deconvolution to create your Impulse Response (IR).
Now, view the ETC, with RT60 decay cursors, apply windowing if you wish, or trim the IR.
Next, see these other graphs:
** Impulse, where you can play back the actual IR
** ETC, which includes cursors to read out RT60 times directly, and allows pinch-zoom gesture for trimming the file. Apple a window, and see the effects of the window on the ETC plot.
** Schroeder curve, with EDT, T10, T20, and T30 markers
And then see these charts, all in either in Octave or 1/3 Octave bands:
** T20 or T30 (RT60) times
** Reverb Early Decay Times (EDT)
** Clarity C50
** Clarity C80
** CT times
** Signal / Noise
And then you can also do spectral analysis, using our FFT, which can be windowed, for analyzing loudspeaker response without reflections, or see the 3D waterfall plot to view the decay of sound in the room by frequency, over time.
Works great with the internal iOS device microphone, or attach or iTestMic or iAudioInterface2 for fully professional results.
Stereo Designer is an easy to use multi-purpose stereo shaping tool for Audiobus and Inter-app Audio. Create unique wide stereo images, “stereoize” a mono sound source, apply mid/side processing, independent high and low pass filters per channel, and more.
Process synths, drum machines and hundreds of other apps by connecting through Audiobus. Use Stereo Designer as an effect inside Garageband, Auria, Cubasis, and AudioShare using Audiobus or Inter-app audio.
Stereo Designer features two distinct modes:
PERFORM and TWEAK.
● PERFORM mode is focused around four XY touch pads. Touch to control LOW PASS, DELAY, PAN and OUTPUT gain independently for left and right channels.
● TWEAK mode features large expressive sliders and additional effect parameters, allowing you to fine tune your sound.
In addition to Audiobus and Inter-app Audio support, Stereo Designer can also process external instruments such as guitar, voice and synths by connecting a microphone or professional audio interface such as the Apogee Jam, ONE, or any iOS compatible USB audio interface.
● Control individual Left/Right channel volume, panning, filter and more.
● Mid/Side (M/S) processing mode lets you adjust the volume, high and low pass filters for Mid and Side independently.
● Widen or reduce the stereo width of an input signal.
● Independent panning position of each channel, allowing for interesting stereo placement.
● Individual High and Low Pass filter per channel for additional stereo shaping.
● Phase (polarity) invert Left/Right channels.
● Isolate the Left or Right channel and manipulate the resulting mono signal.
● “Stereoize” mono inputs using individual channel delay + High and Low Pass filters.
● Sum Left and Right channels to mono.
● requires iOS 7.0 or later
● iPad Mini/iPad 2 or newer
● Audiobus compatible (Effect,Input)
● Inter-App audio compatible (effect node)
● compatible with USB audio interfaces
For more info and video demos visit: http://stereodesignerapp.com
It’s no secret now that the ‘other’ highly popular platform for developers of audio editing and music creation tools for Mac and PC, is now iOS, as more and more ‘made for computer’ software finds its way into Apple’s App Store. The success of the iPad has cemented iOS as the logical platform to add to a developer’s portfolios.
And no developer knows this more than Berlin based, Sugar Bytes, as their impressive library of audio mincing tools steadily makes its way onto the iOS platform.
The latest German made gem to make the leap onto iPad, is the company’s intuitive audio manipulation tool, Effectrix, offering over a dozen both familiar and unique audio treatments to spice up your loops and live performances.
While you can play around with the app’s included loops (which are actually pretty sweet), or bring your own audio into the app from your iTunes library, as well as using the AudioPaste option to grab sounds from other apps, the killer feature for many with be utilising Effectrix with AudioBus so its effects can be used on an audio single from one app, and then recorded on another. This is what excites me most anyway. I will point out at this stage there still some kinks to iron out with this later features, but I’ve been advised the team is working on it, along with some other compatibility options with other apps, and aim to have a more seamless experience with other apps and overall functionality when the next update arrives.
While I am yet to try out the original computer based version of Effectrix, my first experience with it on iPad felt like it was always designed for the touch screen environment. From the user interface to the logical controls for editing sounds via the touch screen, it just feels like this is the way it was always meant to be used, rather with a mouse and keyboard.
I must admit, there is not a lot in the way of instructions/tutorials to assist if you’re new to the audio manipulation world on this grand scale (I mean this is some of the deepest and customisable audio mashing I’ve seen all in the one app), but thanks to over 200 presets that Sugar Bytes has included, it doesn’t take long to see what they’ve done, and how they’ve come up with the effects, and how easy it is to tailor your own unique tweaks.
While I can see the main use for this app in my studio during post production duties, Effectix is geared up for live performance too, and thanks to MIDI trigger support, which allows you to assign presets to notes on a keyboard, you could easily incorporate the app into a live performance, for some improvising music mashing.
If there was only one thing I take away from Effectrix that many apps fail to get right it’s that you get an incredible amount of flexibility and creative power, yet it remains highly accessible, whereas some apps may have a killer list of features but if it’s takes a bachelor’s degree in computing to get your head around, which is not the case here.
While there is no demo version currently available for iPad, if you are keen to see what it can do, grab a demo copy of the computer version from Sugar Byte’s website. You’ll be inspired, I assure you.
Read on for a full list of the app’s features.
Effectrix is a professional multi-effect sequencer for the iPad.
The game-changing tool for creative and effective music production is now available on the App Store: scatter 14 intelligent effects across a sequencer matrix and create unheard-of sound patterns and cheeky loop collages.
A playful workflow, refined algorithms and carefully parameterised effects lead to outstanding results – fast! The effects, each exceeding conventional wisdom, cover a wide spectrum from classy standards to scandalising splatter sprees.
This iOS port faithfully recreates the desktop engine, today’s de-facto standard of finest audio manipulation.
- quickly create variations and mutations for productive sound design
- 20 fine audio samples installed
- 230 factory presets (100 global, ca. 9 per effect)
- 14 high-quality effects
- redesigned GUI for a smooth iOS workflow
- manipulate each individual effect with up to eight parameters
- two modulator tracks per effect
- Seamless iOS integration: full MIDI, IAA, Audiobus
- save your own presets & use them on your desktop version of Effectrix
Stereo Designer is an easy to use multi-purpose stereo shaping tool for Audiobus and Inter-app Audio. Create unique wide stereo images, “stereoize” a mono sound source, apply mid/side processing, independent high and low pass filters per channel, and more.Process synths, drum machines and hundreds of other apps by connecting through Audiobus. Use Stereo Designer as an effect inside Garageband, Auria, Cubasis, and AudioShare using Audiobus or Inter-app audio.Stereo Designer features two distinct modes:PERFORM and TWEAK.● PERFORM mode is focused around four XY touch pads. Touch to control LOW PASS, DELAY, PAN and OUTPUT gain independently for left and right channels.● TWEAK mode features large expressive sliders and additional effect parameters, allowing you to fine tune your sound.In addition to Audiobus and Inter-app Audio support, Stereo Designer can also process external instruments such as guitar, voice and synths by connecting a microphone or professional audio interface such as the Apogee Jam, ONE, or any iOS compatible USB audio interface.COMPATIBILITY:● requires iOS 7.0 or later● iPad Mini/iPad 2 or newer● Audiobus compatible (Effect,Input)● Inter-App audio compatible (effect node)● compatible with USB audio interfacesFEATURES:● Control individual Left/Right channel volume, panning, filter and more.● Mid/Side (M/S) processing mode lets you adjust the volume, high and low pass filters for Mid and Side independently.● Widen or reduce the stereo width of an input signal.● Independent panning position of each channel, allowing for interesting stereo placement.● Individual High and Low Pass filter per channel for additional stereo shaping.● Phase (polarity) invert Left/Right channels.● Isolate the Left or Right channel and manipulate the resulting mono signal.● “Stereoize” mono inputs using individual channel delay + High and Low Pass filters.● Sum Left and Right channels to mono.
iZola plays tunes from the iPhone/iPod library allowing the user to selectively suppress the solo instrument or lead vocal while preserving the integrity of the background audio. iZola uses state-of-the-art digital signal processing methods and provides a variety of user controls and colourful spectrogram visual feedback for quality optimisation. iZola can also substantially isolate just the solo instrument or lead vocal. Note: Quality of the result may vary depending on the original mix of the input song. Processed audio is not saved or otherwise exportable at this time.
For more details check out the official site - http://www.elevayta.com/izola.htm
This app is part of the AUFX series, a collection of simple and powerful audio effect apps.
• High quality 32-bit DSP engine.
• Two parametric peak filters with gain, frequency and Q.
• Low-shelf filter with gain and frequency.
• High-shelf filter with gain and frequency.
• Displays the resulting frequency response graph in real-time.
• Process hardware input/output.
• Process other apps through Inter-App Audio or Audiobus (input/filter/output slots supported).
• Save, load and share user presets.
• Comes with several bundled presets.
• Fully MIDI controllable, including Virtual MIDI.
• Background Audio.
• Built-in lookahead limiter to prevent clipping.
• Record the result directly in app.
• Email recordings or export to AudioShare audio document manager app.
• Access user presets and recordings through iTunes File Sharing.
File this under quirky, but possibly ‘just the app for the task’ one day……
If you have a hardware synth that allows you to use external gear to modulate the pitch, the filter, or any other parameter, just plug the Brute LFO into the CV in and start playing.
It consists of three separate LFOs. LFO 1 and 2 can be controlled using the control elements in the top half of the screen. The big knob in he middle sets the rate of both the LFOs. Additionally you can change the waveforms of the LFOs, detune LFO 2 and change its phase. The amount knob in the top half also sets the overall amount of the modulation.
The elements on the bottom half (LFO 3) can be used to modulate the frequency of LFO 1 and 2.
And the brute switch destroys everything!
Developer: Justus Kandzi
Howie Weinberg Mastering takes you behind the scenes and in the studio with Howie as he shares his decades of mastering engineering experience.
Sonic Legend’s premier release, “The Howie Weinberg Mastering App,” is a quick, easy and affordable mobile music mastering tool now available to everyone. Howie Weinberg, a legendary mastering engineer, whose career spans 3000 releases, 200 Gold Records, and over a quarter of a billion records sold, has leveled the playing field with an IOS app that allows anyone to easily and professionally master the final touches to any recording. Professional master engineering can be complicated and expensive. Those days are over. Gone are the complicated plug-ins and limiting formats requiring constant updates and expensive software. Howie guides you every step of the way, focusing on steps to bring the best out in all types of music. The Howie Weinberg Mastering App is created by an artist, in the language of artists, and breaks the process down in a simple, straightforward approach so any music creator can easily load their mixed recordings, master, and with a click, share your talent with the world. Give your music the competitive edge of a legend – Sonic Legend.
The music mastering revolution is here.
To The Howie Weinberg Mastering App features:
• Intuitive User Interface
• Never before available integrated mastering tools with built-in EQ curves used on hundreds of your favorite gold and platinum records.
• User can master on a genre specific basis
• 4 different EQ
• bands of specialized Key-Selected Frequency Ranges customized to create proven successful curves ideal for specific music genres.
• A unique “Howie Help” button that takes you behind the scenes and in the studio with Howie as he shares his decades of mastering engineering experience through special selected frequencies in the Advanced Mode, or Simple Mode for optimizing one-click mastering.
• Helps identify muddy-tones, enhances driving basslines, brightens punch
• Ability to move seamlessly through your settings
• Make your music sound great on any sound system
• Easy to navigate compressor controls
• Monitoring with VU meters, peak meters, and a real-time spectrum analyzer
• Easy import and export of files (Dropbox, Soundcloud, Itunes library)