Use your iPhone or iPod touch to remote control GarageBand on your Mac! Special introductory pricing of $2.99 until July 5!
** gbXRemote works only with the current Apple GarageBand for Mac (the version that has been available since October, 2013). It does not work with earlier versions of GarageBand. YOU MUST HAVE A MAC COMPUTER. **
With gbXRemote, control record and playback from anywhere in your studio within WiFi range. Select a track, adjust its volume fader, toggle mute and solo, and more. The currently selected track name is shown. Untether yourself from the computer mouse and screen!
Standard transport controls are available on one screen. Real time bar beat and time displays let you know where you are in your song. Adjust pan and 2 sends (echo, reverb). EQ controls let you expand your creative options.
gbXRemote uses OSC (Open Sound Control) control surface support to communicate with GarageBand. THERE IS NO NEED FOR ANY SPECIAL APPS, FILES OR AGENT PROGRAMS TO USE GBXREMOTE WITH GARAGEBAND. All you need is a working Wi-Fi connection between the Mac running GarageBand and your iPhone or iPod touch.
* iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 8.3 or higher
* Apple GarageBand (version 10.0.3 or higher) music application installed on your Mac computer
* Working Wi-Fi connection between the Mac where GarageBand is installed and your iPhone/iPod touch
* iPhone/iPod touch Bluetooth must be set to OFF to insure reliable communications with GarageBand
* Control transport functions (Rewind, Fast-Forward, Beginning, Play, Stop, Record, Cycle)
* Choose between two looks/themes
* Real time bar-beat display
* Real time time-based display
* Enable/disable mute, solo, input monitoring and record enabling for each track
* Adjust overall master volume
* Adjust current track volume
* Current track’s name is displayed
* Select current track
* Enable/disable Metronome
* Adjust pan level
* Adjust echo and reverb sends
* Control EQ parameters, enable & disable each band
For more details – http://www.delora.com/delora_products/gbxremote/gbxremote.html
Patchworks is pleased to annouce a shiny new update to their dedicted app for Ableton Live and Traktor controller on iPad.
Introducing Conductr 2: a modular environment where you can add the modules you want in order to control Ableton Live or Traktor.
Do not forget to rate Conductr on the Appstore.
Traktor Module: SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICE!
Flexible interface: up to 4 slots for any deck you want to place (even duplicate them).
Each deck features 3 different view modes:
Player: Control track browsing, progress bar, loops, cues, sync, tempo and flux, plus bend and jog touchstrips.
Mixer: Control volume, 3 band EQs with kills, 2 filter modes (Lo and Hi pass), monitor your cues, key note control and gain adjust.
Fx: Control single or grouped fx units, automatic display of all fx and parameters’ names and control types, and create your own single or grouped fx presets.
New interface color palette.
Upgraded Conductr icon.
IMPORTANT: Upgrade your Conductr Server at (https://www.conductr.net) to version 2.0 in order to use Conductr 2.
TC-Orbiter has zero-configuration motion transmission to TC-11 or TC-Data on the iPad via Bluetooth. It lets you use your iPhone / iPod touch as a satellite motion controller.
TC-Orbiter adds motion control to your performance while your iPad stays still. You can also send patch changes remotely. Cycle through patches for another performer, or change patches without menu-diving while projecting a TC-11 / TC-Data performance.
LK – Live Controller (formerly know as LIVKONTROL) is a sophisticated remote controller application for music software and hardware, featuring a tight integration with Ableton Live. Easy customization with 4 independent modules, intuitive use, creative tools and ways to control or compose makes LK a powerful companion for any electronic musician.
See what’s inside:
– Control almost every aspect on Ableton Live, from composition to automation, clips, tracks, devices and much more with MATRIX.
– Get the MPC feel on your touchscreen with MIDI PADS, featuring an arpeggiator and chorder.
– Extensive control through 128 parameters with MIDI Controller.
– Three dimensional parameter tweaking with X/Y pad
For detailed operation information and requirements please visit www.livkontrol.com
Mopho Touch is a patch editor for the Dave Smith Mopho synthesizer. If you have a Mopho then this is the editor for you! Mopho Touch gives you touch-based control over all of the voice and sequencer parameters on your Mopho synthesizer. Just make a change on the screen, and the change is instantly sent to your synthesizer.
Mopho Touch has been designed to give you access to as much as possible all on a single screen, making it easier to change and understand the structure of your patch.
Here are some more features:
* Copy/Paste envelopes between Amp, Filter, and Envelope 3
* Copy/Paste sequencer track data
* Create random patches
* Copy the current patch from your synth to your iOS device, for further editing
Use this app either with a MIDI adapter for your iOS device, or via a wireless MIDI connection to your Mac or PC, with your Mopho synthesizer connected to your Mac or PC via MIDI.
* A Dave Smith Instruments Mopho synthesizer
* A MIDI adapter for your iOS device, OR a Mac or PC connected to your Mopho via MIDI and a wi-fi connection between your Mac or PC and your iOS device.
NOTE: This app does NOT make any sound! It’s just an editor for your Mopho synthesizer. If you don’t have a Mopho synthesizer, this app won’t do anything useful for you.
This app is not affiliated or endorsed by Dave Smith Instruments. It’s just an app I made to fill a need!
This is one of the coolest controllers I’ve seen for awhile. Although the app is free, it’s the physical controller that you’re gonna want to get your hands on, literally!
The AUUG Motion Synth transforms your iPhone or iPod touch into a new kind of musical instrument.
Your iPhone or iPod touch becomes an expressive controller that lets you play notes via touch and shape their sound through motion.
Select “Settings” > “Help / Upgrade” > “Quick Start Guide” in the Motion Synth App for instructions on how to get set-up to make sound.
Play any sound:
The AUUG Motion Synth tracks your movements and screen touches to ‘play’ other iOS sound apps, giving you access to a vast array of sounds and effects.
You can also play external devices like hardware synths or vocal harmonizers as well as control audio or visual software on a laptop (via wifi or cabled connections).
Use the Motion Synth App by itself or with a Motion Synth Grip:
The Motion Synth App has two modes:
1) Single-key mode: This Motion Synth App mode allows you to quickly engage with motion-based music control, and includes setup instructions for motion-controlling GarageBand (while GarageBand runs in ‘background mode’ on your iPhone/iPod touch). Note: Garageband is now free for most iOS users.
Select “Settings” > “Help / Upgrade” > “Quick Start Guide” in the Motion Synth App to get started using the Motion Synth with Garageband.
2) Multi-key mode: This Motion Synth App mode is designed to work with the AUUG Motion Synth Grip: a physical holder that securely attaches your iPhone or iPod touch to your hand, thereby improving the dexterity and accuracy with which you can trigger notes via the touch screen.
For the latest, check the official site – http://www.auug.com
n-Keyboards lets you play two instruments at once, going from acoustic sounds like piano or violin to modern ones like synthesizers and sound effects.
You can choose among the many sounds included (over 100) or you can connect two external Apps via Interapp or Midi, using n-Keyboards as a controller.
n-Keyboards can also be played as an Interapp instrument within other applications, or it can send audio to Audiobus compatible applications.
• Audiobus support
• Interapp (load external InterApp Instruments or to play the app inside an external host)
• “Linked” mode to play the same notes at the same time on the two keyboards
• “Hold monophonic”, “Hold polyphonic” and “Sustain” keyboard mode
• Keyboard Zoom and Scroll
• Pitch wheel
• MIDI input and output
• Built-in Metronome
• Presets savings
• Polyphony voices setting (into the device general settings)
The best MIDI controller is the one that you have with you. Double Decker transforms an ordinary Bluetooth keyboard into a sophisticated MIDI controller, giving you a much bigger playing surface, while still being portable. The app is designed to work with US/English keyboards; the key arrangement for other languages may not be compatible.
** There are a few important limitations to be aware of! We would recommend reading the in-depth review of the app on Music App Blog, which gives a good overview of the features and limitations.
On iOS, an app can only receive keystrokes from a QWERTY keyboard when it is in the foreground. For this reason, Double Decker must be in the foreground to work; this is a limitation of iOS, and there is no way that we can work around it. The app is designed to send MIDI notes to other apps (running in the background), or MIDI to apps running in the foreground on other devices.
The iOS operating system only makes key press information available to apps, and not key release. For this reason, Double Decker cannot make a QWERTY keyboard operate like a typical (piano) keyboard.
Press a key on the Bluetooth keyboard to trigger a note. When you touch another key, the first note is silenced as the next note is played.
Tapping the space bar will silence all sounding notes. While it would obviously be better if lifting up on a key silenced a note, iOS does not provide this functionality for app developers.
The app features a state-of-the-art Soundfont engine, advanced MIDI routing capability, support for Apollo MIDI over Bluetooth, and even Audiobus!
The keys are arranged with the two middle rows in a piano-style formation. Play a second instrument using the bottom row of keys, and two more instruments using the number keys and punctuation. Each key can be configured to trigger either a single note or a chord.
A second arrangement of the keyboard divides things into four grids, four-by-four each. This is great for finger drumming, and triggering samples and sequences.
Double Decker supports Soundfonts, opening up a world of different tones. The app also has full support for MIDI, giving almost unlimited sonic potential. Using the MIDI Learn feature in apps such as Loopy and Genome, you can start and stop recording, play synthesizers, and switch tracks, all with a Bluetooth keyboard.
If you have multiple iOS devices, you can link them together using the low latency connection provided by Apollo MIDI over Bluetooth. Run Double Decker in the foreground on one device to catch keystrokes, and then send MIDI to a second device, which can have a synthesizer or sequencer app in the foreground.
Key features of the app are the following:
* Innovative use of an external keyboard to trigger notes.
* Keyboard arranged into two groups, each with four different playing regions.
* Each region can be assigned a Soundfont patch, a set of MIDI destinations, or both.
* Soundfonts can be added using “open in” or iTunes file sharing.
* Each key in each region is configurable as either a note or a chord, with independent velocity control.
* Key configurations can be saved as presets, shared through email, or downloaded from the web.
* The app supports the Audiobus “input” slot.
* Built-in support as a Apollo MIDI over Bluetooth “A” endpoint.
Turn your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch into the ultimate groove and dance music machine using the iRing controllers and the iRing Music Maker app. iRing Music Maker is the FREE companion app for IK Multimedia’s revolutionary iRing controllers that lets you make killer grooves and non-stop dance music by simply moving your hands in front of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to change the grooves, play synth lines, control sound effects and create great dance music in real time with no prior music knowledge! iRing Music Maker is fun for everyone!
iRing Music Maker can be fully operated using the device touchscreen, but the real fun is when you use it with the iRing controllers (sold separately at your favorite electronics and music retailers), a set of two “rings” you wear on your hands that feature dot patterns that iRing Music Maker recognizes. When you move your hands in front of the device, iRing Music Maker translates the motion into control commands that let you change groove patterns, add and control effects in real time and even play synthesizer parts inside of the groove.
When you launch iRing Music Maker, you select a “song” which is a group of music loops that sound great together. Hit play, and immediately start the groove. You get 8 different “parts” (loop slots) that you can activate, and each of the parts has 9 different loop phrases that you mix into the groove.
Loop parts include different bass, drum, synth, guitar, percussion and multi-instrument loops that you can add to the groove in real time. And there are dozens of different loop phrases within each song, so the possible combinations are limited only by your creativity.
Plus, iRing Music Maker has an amazing selection of professional DJ effects that you can add and manipulate in your mixes, easily controlling the amount of effect applied.
On top of your groove, you can play and improvise impressive instrument lines, without any music knowledge, by using the included synth and bass synthesizer. Simply select your preferred sound and pattern bank, and play using the 8 melodic or rhythmic designs available in each pattern bank for hours of fun and creative expression.
iRing Music Maker also features a record function that lets you record your performance so you can share it with your friends via email, FTP or Soundcloud upload or use it in other apps on your device via audio copy.
iRing Music Maker is extremely easy to use right from the beginning, and with a little practice, you’ll be creating non-stop, amazing sounding music in no time.
iRing Music Maker Features:
– Create non-stop music on the fly with no music knowledge required
– Uses iRing motion controllers to convert hand movements into control commands
– Comes with 4 song collections, 4 effects, 7 synth and bass sounds and 4 pattern banks for free
– Select from different music styles like EDM, Dubstep, House & Hip Hop
– 8 part groove player with effects, plus synth and bass lines
– Record function lets you record and share performances with your friends
– More song collections, effects, sounds and pattern banks available via in-app purchase
– Compatible with Inter-App audio and Audio Bus
To learn more about the iRing and compatible apps, please visit:
While we’re yet to get a full run down on the complete feature set, there has been talk (on Akai’s Facebook page) that this beast will handle 64 tracks, and it will be much more of a professional level music workstation than the original!
Akai is teasing the app through a series of videos focusing specific features. Here is the latest one –
Here’s a link to details on the original iMPC app – http://www.promusicapps.com/impc/