Elastic Drums, is a music app with 6 channels of synthesized drum sounds, a step sequencer and 4 fx channels, all tweakable in an elastic way. The sound range is from analog “oldschool” beatbox to the weirdest effect drone soundscapes.
– 6 synth channels with 10 different percussion synth engines (kick, snare, hit, clap, tom, … fm, grain)
– 12 parameters for each synth engine
– automation for each parameter via knob recording or velocity
– 4 send effect channels with 2×11 mono effects and 2 x 9 stereo effects
– automation for all of the 8 possible effect parameters via xy pad
– master effects (stutter, delay, compressor …)
– 16 step sequencer for the 6 channels, each with it’s own tempo multiplier & length
– record audio and export to Soundcloud or Audioshare
– email audio recordings and presets
– iOS 8 supported
Because all sounds get generated in realtime, the app is cpu heavy! iPhones 5 and greater can handle it with no problem, on iPhone 4s and iPad 2 effects 3 and 4 get switched off by the engine automatically to save some cpu power. iPhone 4 and iPad1 are NOT recommended!
Elastic Drums is published by MoMinstruments, the Instruments App label of Mouse on Mars and Friends.
Plans for upcoming versions:
– IAA support
– midi support
– genuine iPad version (landscape instead of portrait)
– new sequencer features (rolls, etc.)
– new synth engines (tom tom, sampler, etc)
What’s New in Version 1.1
– basic Audiobus support
Multirhythms’ features are designed to help you master tricky rhythms and limb independence:
• Practice along with an endless variety of multirhythms
• Includes common metronomes, polyrhythms, Afro-Cuban claves, and clap-and-wave patterns for Carnatic and Hindustani talas
• Easily create additional multirhythms with the built-in editor
• Precise timekeeping with 22.7 microsecond accuracy
• Hear complicated multirhythms you want to learn through the built-in editor
• Input and play back up to 16 simultaneous rhythms
• Supports odd meters (e.g., dividing every 17 beats into 7 subdivisions)
• Choose from dozens of real percussion sound samples
• Includes example Afro-Brazilian, Afro-Cuban, and popular drumset multirhythms
• Practice multirhythms while away from your instrument
• Tap notes as they scroll across the screen
• Get immediate feedback on your accuracy
• Increase the tempo as you improve
• Focus on specific parts by adjusting individual rhythm volumes
Developer: Radicle LLC
Its realistic and clear interface recalls the analog machine from the past, for all the vintage fanatics.
You can play with the groove presets included or you can create your own beat to play along your favorite song via InterApp, Audiobus, Core MIDI and clock MIDI.
You can also share your drum patterns with iTunes filse sharing or Audio Copy.
– Interface like the real drum machine from the 80’s
– 16 quickly programmable rythm patterns with variable length
– Save the pattern you’ve created and play your songs
– Atuomation of all Drumkit pieces parameters (pan, volume and mix)
– Song Mode page (swipe to left to open it) with loop option
– Swing and tap tempo
– Core MIDI & clock MIDI (network session, external controller, inter app midi)
– Interapp Instrument
– Rercord and export your performance with iTunes, eMail or Audio Copy
– Korg Wist sync
Egoist is a groove instrument. Load any audio file and squeeze the groove out of it!
Try your mp3 library and use it as a sound source! The additional onboard bass, beat and fx units make Egoist the perfect track sketch tool in the studio and on the road.
• Quick + Easy track sketching, based on sample slicing
• Minimal, yet effective bass line
• Unique beat box with more than 1000 drums from vintage to electronic
• Effect Sequencer
• Randomizers in all areas
• Inter-App Audio
• Audiocopy / Audiopaste
• Full Midi Support (Virtual, Network, Extern)
• Music Library Access
• iTunes File Sharing
The Slicer arranges up to 16 slices of the loaded sample. Apply different parameters like Reverse, Attack, Decay, Level and pitch with the sequencer. Using the 16 available patterns, up to 16 different samples can be used at any time.
BASS & BEAT:
Egoist includes a great sounding bassline synthesizer/sequencer. The bassline synth offers a mean and strong sound, with different lowpass filter flavors and overdrive. The versatile sequencer is capable of notes and pitch bends of any length.
The internal beat box offers kick, snare and hihat, along with a simple sequencer. If you imagine, that you can change the drum sounds with each pattern, limitations start to get you inspired!
The Effect unit brings funky hickups to your tracks. Engage tapestop, looper, reverb or filter at any time to give your beats that otherworldly feel and create stunning breaks!
Chain your patterns! Or create stunning breakbeats by changing patterns quickly! The internal Part/Song sequencer lets you sketch your pattern progressions and line out your next track.
The very special Slice Keys turn Egoist into a slice keyboard! Play the sequencer steps on the keyboard, with all their settings and effects, you will not believe how cool that is!
MidiPatterns is a multitrack, pattern-oriented, MIDI step sequencer. You can use it as a simple drum machine, or to handle complex multi-timbral, polyphonic scores, controlling multiple hardware and software synthesizers at once. Please note that MidiPatterns does not generate sounds by itself.
• virtually unlimited number of polyphonic midi tracks(*) per document
• output to multiple MIDI devices, directly connected or linked through a network
• virtually unlimited number of patterns(*) per document, each with a size variable between 1 and 256 steps and specific time signature settings
• each step in a track can send volume plus 8 midi controller messages
• randomizing capabilities to improve expressiveness: notes properties (velocity, duration, probability, swing) and step controller messages can be set to change subtly and randomly during playback
• patterns can be assembled in variable length sequences
• imports and exports MIDI files(*)
• MIDI clock synchronization, both as master and as slave
• articulated mute and solo configuration
• powerful, interactive quick help mode
• tap tempo function
• metronome precount and sound options
• virtual input and output MIDI devices
• variable score grid size
(*) The ability to manage an unlimited number of tracks, patterns and sequences and the midi file import and export feature require in-app purchases.
For more details – http://www.afarello.com/p/midipatterns.html
Amazing yet simple drum sampler, extremely easy to use, pristine audio quality, and a lot more goodies including:
*Pitch adjust for each pad.
*Volume adjust for each pad.
*Pan adjust for each pad.
*8 Electronic kits covering a wide range of music styles.
*8 Real drum kits, from jazz to heavy metal and from vintage to pop.
*5 Percussion kits that seems like a world tour.
*2 FX kits.
*more than 180 sound files (and growing), in raw format, no quality compression added, crystal clear samples meant for the most demanding artists.
*minimalist interface that lets you focus on your music.
Crafted for enthusiasts and professionals, anyone will find a starting point and whenever you need it you can add more complexity.
Drum Loops is a simple but elegant tool with hundreds loops for jamming, practice and performance. The app includes patterns from different genres, including Rock, Blues, Country, Pop, Hip Hop, Funk, Electronic, Jazz, African, Latin and more. Easily change the speed of loops to any BPM to suit your needs. You can even save frequently used loops to a favorites list. With Drum Loops from EUMLab, jamming, practice and rhythmic exploration has never been easier!
* Hundreds of drum loops
* Rock, Blues, Country, Pop, Hip Hop, Funk, Electronic, Jazz, African, Latin, and more.
* Change loop speeds easily
* Save your favorite loops and styles
* Airplay, Bluetooth, and Audiobus supported
* Buy Drum Loops once and gain access to it on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch!
For morw details – http://eumlab.com/drum-loops/
Ultra-portable, universal MIDI groove controller for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and PC
Grooves to go
Introducing iRig Pads, a full-featured ultra-portable 16-pad MIDI groove controller for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch as well as Mac and PC.
An extremely versatile system, it lets you make beats, launch loops, mix like a DJ and a whole lot more no matter whether you’re on stage, in the studio or anywhere between.
It’s the ultimate travel companion for the mobile electronic music producer on the go.
iRig Pads is so portable that you can take it with you anywhere. It’s smaller than an iPad and less than 1” thick (23mm). It features a slim, compact and lightweight design that can be slipped into any backpack or laptop bag and carried around with ease. And for even greater portability it’s been designed with ultra low-consumption, which means it’s fully functional as soon as you connect it into its host device — You don’t need a power adaptor. Just plug it in to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch via its included Lightning cable (30-pin connector sold separately) or your Mac or PC via its included USB cable and start groovin’.
You’ll enjoy incredible tactile control thanks to iRig Pads’ 4×4 grid of 16 velocity-sensitive, backlit multicolor rubber pads. Each pad lights up in multiple colors – red, green, orange and every shade in between – depending on the velocity of your playing and the MIDI information sent by your chosen music app or software.
But iRig Pads does more than your average mobile pad-based MIDI controller. Its full set of controls — two knobs, two pushbuttons, one slider and one pushbutton rotary encoder — provides a versatility that lets you be in control in any situation. All controls are MIDI assignable and customizable: Up to 16 distinct MIDI maps or “scenes” can be saved and recalled instantly for full control of apps and software. It comes with 6 pre-programmed default scenes that allow it to work with popular apps and software right out of the box.
- Ultra-portable MIDI pad controller and groove production station for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch plus Mac and PC
- Extremely small size with a slim form factor that can be taken with you anywhere
- 16-velocity-sensitive backlit rubber pads that light multiple colors depending on velocity and outgoing and incoming MIDI messages
- Two MIDI knobs, two pushbuttons, one slider and a pushbutton rotary encoder, all programmable
- 16 user-programmable MIDI scenes for instant recall of custom MIDI maps
- Features pre-programmed MIDI scenes for SampleTank for iPhone and iPad with more coming soon
- Fully MIDI class-compliant
- Perfect for making beats, cueing loops and Djing
- Lightning connector and USB cable included, 30-pin cable available seperately
- Expression/sustain pedal input
- USB port can supply power when connected to iOS devices for no battery drain
For more details – http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigpads/
[ Features ]
* Inter-App Audio
* MIDI Clock
[ NOTICE ]
** This version of Gumdrops will not produce sound on devices with iOS 8. An update has been submitted to Apple. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
I am a drummer and the idea for Gumdrops came to me when a friend and I were discussing making beats using devices like the Roland TR-808 and the Native Instruments Maschine. Gumdrops exists because tapping out beats on pads in time is very hard to do and programming in steps on a sequencer then playing it back to see how it sounds is boring.
When I’m on a drum kit I can play quarter, eighth or sixteenth notes easily with either of my hands and feet. If you have your right hand holding steady eighths on the hi-hat, introducing your left hand in between produces sixteenths. Then removing your right hand leaves eighths but on a syncopated pattern. This sort of natural pattern adaptation is what makes Gumdrops so revolutionary.
There are eight groups of eight pads on the board. By default, each group is assigned to a single sampled sound. The two pads at the bottom of a group are half notes, then moving up to quarters, then eighths, then sixteenths. The left column of pads is filled with the patterns that would be played by your right hand if you were on a drum kit, and the right column has what would be played by your left hand. Playing both the left and right together produces a pattern twice as fast. You could think of the left column as down beats and the right as up beats. So playing a pad in the right column will sound funky and off beat. Playing a pad in the left column will sound solid and on beat. Making up combinations of different patterns is easy by just tapping multiple pads.
Of course Gumdrops offers so much more than the defaults. You can edit the 32 step pattern on all 64 pads. Set the velocity for each step by just dragging across the pattern with your finger. Assign samples to pads by recording directly or by AudioPaste. You can synchronize with other apps and equipment using MIDI clock. Record and apply effects using Inter-App Audio and Audiobus. Upload your recordings to SoundCloud®.
All product and company names are ™ or ® trademarks of their respective owners. WIST is a trademark and software of KORG INC.
Special thanks to David Demeter of The Drum Lab, Sahir Hanif of Masters of Maple, Brady Drums, and the awesome beta test team.
Professional music production app for iPad
The normal price for iMPC Pro is $19.99, but for a limited time, iMPC Pro will be available for $12.99, as a way for us to give iMPC users the opportunity to purchase iMPC Pro and retain the value of the investment made in iMPC.
Developed in partnership with Retronyms — www.retronyms.com
iMPC Pro is a 64-track music production powerhouse for your iPad. With built-in sampling functionality, a massive sound library, effects, and over 30 performance-driven features, iMPC Pro brings the functionality of Akai Professional’s coveted Music Production Center to your iPad. Developed in partnership with Retronyms, the developers of the original iMPC app, iMPC Pro comes with pro-grade tools for intuitive beat creation whenever inspiration strikes. It combines multiple sampling methods, producer-tested MPC features, a custom sample library from Richard Devine, and an intuitive gestural editor for the most powerful, creative and fun iPad music production experience yet.
*Creating sample-based music on your iPad with renowned MPC functionality
*Sample audio from the iPad microphone, your own tracks using resampling, other apps using InterApp Audio, or your music library
*64 tracks for flexible multi-track music production including gain fader, 3-band EQ, mute, solo, panning and FX sends on each track
*All-new chop-shop provides intuitive multi-touch editing, trimming, auditioning, splicing, splicing and processing samples
*All-new Timeline View opens a multi-touch gestural editor for sequencing, recording, and editing
*All-new Flux mode lets you warp and glitch beats in real-time or with automation
*All-new Precision Knobs and Faders expand on command for precisely dialing in parameters
*All-new 3D-performance mode lets you perform with the iPad’s accelerometer
*All-new Turbo Duck effect fattens up tracks with sidechain compression
*Exclusive sound library featuring 1,400+ samples from sound designer Richard Devine with hundreds of Akai Pro exclusive samples
*Improved sampling workflow with re-sampling, drag n’ drop kit assembly and sample library organization
*16 Levels mode with attack, velocity, length, and tuning settings for quickly creating variations of sounds
*Note Variation slider lets you adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
*Onboard effects include delay, bit crusher, and master compressor/limiter
*Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
*Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing
*MPC Note Repeat featuring 1/8 note – 1/32T timing with latch
*Supports Inter-App Audio in iOS7 for sampling and FX routing from other music apps
*AudioCopy and AudioPaste for copying/pasting sequences from compatible apps
*Works with MPC Element via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
*Community sharing built-in: directly upload to SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
*iOS support for simple drag-and-drop, plucking, and multi-touch music gestures
*Interactive gesture control for automation, mixing, and effects
*Automation lets you record pad and track mute changes to sequences
*Tabletop ready – use iMPC Pro inside the acclaimed Tabletop App to combine it with dozens of synths, sequencers, FX and more
*Tuning, Panning, Level, Lo-Pass and Hi-Pass available for each sound
*Easy cloning of sequences via multitouch capabilities
*Classic “Next-Sequence” lets you juggle sequences to experiment with different compositions or for dynamic live performance
*Mute and poly pad groups for authentic percussion performances
*Pad effects include custom-designed envelope filters, 4-mode distortion and ring mod
*Supports InterApp Audio mode. Record the outputs directly into other apps like GarageBand and Cubasis
*Over 20 demo projects to manipulate, shape and learn with
*Extensive Undo History lets you roll back projects to any state
*Export tracks as an audio file