Here’s an interesting new release from Positive Grid, and something of a teaser for another drum app currently under development!
The World’s First Artificial Intelligence Drum App
Create full drum tracks with just a few finger taps! GoBeats has the most advanced artificial intelligence for drums – our artificial intelligence technology listens to your guitar playing and learns your song structure, BPM, time signature – it then gives you the best possible drum beats with the feel of a real drummer. It’s designed to help you create the music you ever wanted to, so now there are no excuses. GoBeats: Play. Tap. Ready.
– Smart drums: it learns your playing and automatically generates the proper drum pattern
– Easy to use: just tap on the recording icon and start playing, GoBeats will learn your playing
– Thousands of drum beats: it comes with thousands of different drum patterns
– Fully featured: you can adjust BPM, time signature, and drum feel
The first drum synthesizer plugin for iOS. Works conveniently inside your sequencer and Audio Unit Instrument hosts so you can focus on making electronic music without app switching and screen juggling like before.
*IMPORTANT* Audio Units are plug-ins that need a compatible host app to work. Ruismaker has been tested to work beautifully with Steinberg Cubasis, Apple Garageband, Modstep, AUM and MultitrackStudio.
– Audio Unit Instrument: making music on iOS doesn’t get more convenient
– Each sound is modeled using authentic analog and FM algorithms;
– Comes with dozens of unique customizable models, more to come
– Does not use any samples; all sounds are synthesized in realtime, on the fly
– Emulates analog components, introducing subtle, natural fluctuations in the sound
– Replicates the Ruismaker Annabella hardware drum machine
– Light on the CPU, so you can run lots of Ruismakers simultaneously
– Has an extra compact 4″ UI mode; especially for iPhone SE and iPhone 5S
– Fully automatable parameters (requires host support)
– Fully MIDI controllable using MIDI CC
– Download the advanced guide on ruismaker.com for more details about parameter automation, available instruments and MIDI implementation
DM2 is a Synthesis Drum Machine. It has been made by the core team that brought you DM1, one of the first Drum Machine for iPad, that won an Apple Design Award in 2012. Special 40% OFF price for the first week!
DM2 brings a new approach to Drum Synthesis with a powerful and easy to use graphic editor to create and manipulate sound. It it packed with ready-made factory Drum Kits. You can mix and match any sound from any drum kits to any track of your song. Play a song and load any drum kits (from factory kits or from any other songs) to listen to a completely new song every time.
As electronic musicians ourselves, we, at Audionomy, have developed DM2 with the intention of delivering the perfect mix between fun playability and powerful sonic capacities. We always keep in mind the importance of a beautiful design with the right balance of powerful abilities while avoiding clumsy interfaces.
DM2 offers 6 main sections:
1 – THE STEP SEQUENCER takes advantage of the iPad multi-touch screen for fast and creative patterns drawing. The Sequences handles 16 or 32 steps patterns and is polymetric (just gently tap and drag the blue handle at the right end of each track).
2 – THE DRUMS PAGE is a powerful graphic Audio Synthesis editor. Play, experiment and discover new sounds with the 6 graphs. Tap the little magnifying glass each title bar, it will expand the graph to a bigger size for extra precision.
3 – THE PADS PAGE simply lets you play and record any beat that tickles your fingers, with automatic quantize so that you don’t miss a beat. With a Beat Repeat effect for extra fun.
4 – THE MIXER PAGE for quick and subtle sound mixing of your drum kits. Large and spacey so that you can get the big picture. Pan and Solo included.
5 – THE FX SECTION offer a powerful Quad Pads Effect processors. Refine or super charge your sounds with this powerful Master effect chain.
6 – THE SONG PAGE allows you to quickly build a song with the patterns you have created. Just drag and drop the patterns onto the timeline. Each pattern in a song can be repeated for compact Song composition.
One more thing, DM2 is Ableton Link compatible.
• Retina Display
• Graphic design by Jonas Eriksson
• Pure Data powered audio engine with dynamic rendering
• Ready-made electronic drum kits
• Step Sequencer with multi-touch matrix
• 16 or 32 Steps per patterns
• Polymetric Sequencer
• Powerful graphic editor for Audio Synthesis
• That offers for each sound:
• A mix of an oscillator (Sin|Triangle|Sawtooth|Square) and a noise generator
• Two self-oscillating filters (lowpass|bandpass|hipass)
• Two volume envelopes (exponential|linear|clap)
• A pitch modulator for the oscillator (exponential|lfo|random)
• A distortion effect to boost or crush your sound
• A stereo switch
• Copy and Paste sounds
• Swap sounds between two tracks
• 9 Pads to play and record patterns
• With Beat Repeat effect
• Full screen Mixer with volume, pan and solo mode for each track
• 4 FX Pads for your Master Effects chain : Compressor | Overdrive >>> Phaser | Chorus >>> Delay >>> Reverb
• Mode song with fast editing and patterns repeat
• Audio background mode
• Audiobus support
• Full Midi implementation
• Inter-App Audio support
• Ableton Link compatible
Vatanator is a unique drum machine with advanced MIDI functionality. It features 140 built-in presets emulating every classic vintage hardware.
It is aimed for simplicity and instant rhythm creation.
– iOS 7.1 and up compatible, iPad retina graphics
– Record patterns in real-time with quantization, MIDI assignable
– 16/32 steps sequencer with advanced MIDI options
– Fast loading of presets on the fly
– Full MIDI implementation
– Background audio
– Audiobus, Audiobus Remote, Inter-App Audio and Ableton Link support
– Ability to import samples via AudioCopy, Dropbox or iTunes Share
– Real-time effects with envelope follower, MIDI assignable
– Song arranger, ability to store a sequence of patterns and play them in order
– 8 channel mixer with volume control and mute/solo for any individual instrument
Here is what Gilbert Medam, composer and arranger, creator of the packs and new UI design wrote:
“Following the steps of his predecessor DrumPerfect, DrumPerfect Pro is now one of the most versatile digital drummers ( on iPad ) I have ever used. My favorite, for sure. What set it apart is the fact that it doesn’t sound like a drum machine at all. You have to listen to it to believe. It just sound like a living drummer. An excellent drummer at home in any style, any genre. Groovy and solid.
Technically highly skilled, able to improvise variations with good taste and nuances.
What a groovy companion, for anything from practice to production to performances.
Unique virtual drum engine for ultra-realistic performances:
random sample selection,
16 Linked sets ( fills & variations ) to be played at programmable intervals,
multi-sampled instruments with up to 16 samples per instrument,
humanise option adds randomisation of velocity and timing,
programmable time shifts per drum stroke,
programmable number of beats in a pattern (up to 32),
programmable subdivision per beat (up to 16),
smart swing function,
BPM between 20 and 320,
convolution-based reverb processor.
Grid style editor for easy rhythm programming and editing.
Kit editor for building your own multi-sampled drumkits.
Song editor for easy song building.
32 Velocity-sensitive pads for live-recording.
Rock-solid sync via Inter-App-Audio, Ableton Link or midi-in clock sync.
Audio file and midi file export to other apps.
Audio file and midi file import from other apps.
Full Inter-App-Audio and Audiobus support with individual outputs per instrument (16+1).
Low-latency midi-in handling for notes, control changes and program changes.
Extensive midi-in configuration options per port.
Midi-learn for mapping of notes and remote commands.
A dedicated store with great content.
DrumPerfect Pro now offers Styles Packs. Professional-grade musical content (drum kits, songs and patterns) covering a vast variety of drumming styles, downloadable as In-App Purchases.
Packs available now:
Funky Breakbeat vol.1 ( Classics ),
Funky Breakbeat vol.2 ( Modern ),
Jazz Sessions vol.1 ( Sticks )
Brazilian Rhythms vol.1
Can’t find a great deal of info on this Japanese made app. The video probably gives more away than the description below by the developer!
Guitar, bass, is a reproduction of a drum sequencer realistic.
Guitar and bass will be converted are chords conversion instantly by simply adding a pattern.
Since the chords by the change also pressing way of fret, will be converted into as if guitarist, as there are bassist.
Also played down picking, up picking, hammer-on, pull-off, mute, brushing (2 types), picking harmonics, choking, you can vibrato. (guitar)
Then because editing can also finely will be reflected all when the code conversion.
Apple’s much loved family-friendly GarageBand has just been given a sprinkle of new features. The two main additions are the new Live Loops feature and the Virtual Drummer feature that exists already in Logic Pro X and the Mac version of GarageBand. Naturally, the update is free to current owners, or USD$4.99 for new purchases.
What’s New in Version 2.1
• Use Live Loops to create music by triggering instrument loops and DJ-style effects in real time using Multi-Touch gestures*
• Add a virtual Drummer to your song who takes direction and performs realistic acoustic & electronic drum grooves
• Record adjustments of any Touch Instrument control knob in real time
• Create and edit automation curves to control the volume of any track
• Shape the sound of a Touch Instrument or audio recording using Simple EQ and Compressor
• Plug in a bass guitar and play through vintage and modern bass amp rigs
• Adds over 1,200 new Apple Loops and sounds
• Record up to 32 tracks simultaneously**
• Use third-party instrument apps in your song with Audio Unit Extensions***
• Directly import or export GarageBand projects using iCloud Drive
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch****
Produce tracks on the go with iMASCHINE 2 and share your creations with the world.
///MAKE. ARRANGE. SHARE.
Create a beat on 16 pads with hundreds of professional sounds. Use the Smart Play keyboard to add melodies and basslines that are always in-key. Spice up your track with vocal and field recordings or sample directly from iTunes. Use Apple’s 3D Touch technology to optimize your workflow and get even more creative.
The Arranger in iMASCHINE 2 lets you turn your loops and scenes into full tracks with the swipe of a finger. Add parts quickly and easily. Change the color of your pads or groups to see your entire arrangement at a glance – rearranging and editing tracks on-the-go has never been quicker or easier.
Share your creations with the world by uploading them directly to Soundcloud. Or export your projects to the MASCHINE 2 software and continue working on them in the studio with your full MASCHINE hardware setup.
///KEY FEATURES OVERVIEW
– Use 16 pads for real-time drum sequencing on your iOS device
– Quickly create beats without finger drumming using Step Mode
– Use the Arranger to structure your track by adding, moving, and deleting different patterns on the fly
– Play always-in-key melodies and basslines by combining Chord, Scale, and Arpeggiator features with the Smart Play keyboard
– Use Note Repeat in Keyboard and Drum Pad Modes to create rolls, fills, and fast note attacks with note ranges from 1/4 notes to 1/32 notes
– Better organize your sounds using multi-colored pads and groups
– Optimize your workflow using Quick Actions with Apple 3D Touch for app and pad shortcuts*
– Control the velocity or rate of note repeat depending on how hard you press the screen using 3D Touch*
– Capture vocals, field recordings, or any audio from the microphone on your iOS device
– Sample directly from your iTunes library
– Mix your sounds and choose from professional audio effects
– Open your existing iMASCHINE projects effortlessly in iMASCHINE 2
– Start building tracks immediately with the included extended iMASCHINE 2 library, featuring over 300 MB of content: 19 projects, 38 drum kits and over 750 samples
– Choose from a huge collection of additional drum kits, projects and instrument sounds from top sound designers and renowned artists with iMASCHINE Expansions – available at the In-App Expansions Store
– No matter which iOS device you use, iMASCHINE adapts to your screen size – a compact workflow for iPhone and an optimized iPad workflow for two-handed groove production
– Learn how to use the app and discover helpful tricks with the New Features Notification function
– Export your mix as an audio file or directly upload it to SoundCloud and share it with the world
– Export your project (including samples) to MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, and MASCHINE MIKRO. Projects exported to MASCHINE support multiple Scenes as well as Pad and Group colors.
– Universal App. Purchase the app and iMASCHINE Expansions once and use them on all iOS devices registered to that iTunes account
*iPhone 6s and 6s Plus only
Requires iOS 8.0 or higher.
///THE WORLD OF MASCHINE
iMASCHINE is based on MASCHINE – the renowned groove production system from Native Instruments, used by professional producers all around the world. MASCHINE is available in three different hardware versions: MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, and MASCHINE MIKRO. All come with the same cutting-edge software including professional sound library, drum synths and melodic synthesizers, and effects. The software also features a cutting-edge sampler, mixer, clip-based arranger, and visual browser.
The ELECTRIBE reborn in an even smaller form A full-fledged rhythm machine for iPhone
This app’s intuitive operation allows anyone to easily create powerful beats on the ELECTRIBE series. The enormously popular ELECTRIBE-R instantly became a must-have item for track-makers around the world, and now it’s been reborn as an app for iPhone.
With this app, we’ve effectively “put the original hardware chassis into your iPhone,” by faithfully reproducing the sound engine and design of the ELECTRIBE-R. We’ve also included the latest preset patterns and many new functions that are currently featured on the “iELECTRIBE for iPad”, released in 2010. , taking a further evolutionary step in technology. Taking advantage of the ease of use that you expect on iPhone, we have maximized the intuitive nature of the ELECTRIBE to make this new product worthy of its name: the iELECTRIBE mkII.
It won’t take long for you to enjoy the ultimate experience of the Electribe series. This apps intuitive nature and familiar interface make it easy to create beats with an analog feel that’s like nothing else.
● Amazing rhythm machine that generates powerful grooves
We’ve perfectly replicated the thick-sounding synth engine of the ELECTRIBE-R and its intuitive step sequencer. Now you can instantly obtain extreme tonal changes and powerful rhythms with just one touch
Not only can iELECTRIBE for iPhone be easily enjoyed by anyone, but it also allows detailed beat-making that transcends iPhone specs. In addition to playing back the provided audio data, you can also freely synthesize sounds from a single waveform and combine those sounds into your own original beats. This allows for the true experience of music production that connects all musicians.
● Three hundred built-in rhythm patterns that only this app can produce
With 64 of the latest preset patterns, 192 from the first-generation ELECTRIBE-R, and 32 template patterns for various genres, this app successfully draws out the full potential of the thick sounding analog beats. There are approximately 300 inimitable rhythm patterns that you’ll hear only from iELECTRIBE for iPhone. Electro, house, techno, drum’n’bass, dubstep, hip hop, techno pop, and IDM are some of the wide range of electronic music genres that are provided.
● An ELECTRIBE that you can put in your pocket and take anywhere
Whether you’re on the train or bus while commuting to school or to work, at a coffee shop, or in your bedroom, you can enjoy beat-making anywhere and anytime you like. Your completed beats can be transferred to your DAW software via the audio export function. You can also use the WIST function to play wirelessly with a friend using two devices simultaneously.
● Powerful functions that bring infinite possibilities to your grooves
We’ve packed maximum potential into this machine with eight types of powerful master effects featured on the upper-level models of the ELECTRIBE. This includes the ring modulation function of the ELECTRIBE-R and the cross-modulation function of the ELECTRIBE-R mkII. This app allows you to switch back and forth to choose between the two. It also includes the BEAT FLUTTER function that uses a proprietary randomizer to create fresh rhythms and the motion sequence function that remembers your knob movements. In addition, you can use an external USB-MIDI device such as the nanoPAD or nanoKONTROL for performance and control. There’s also support for the latest iOS technologies such as Inter-App Audio, Audiobus, Virtual MIDI, and iCloud.
● Operating Requirements
OS: iOS 8 or later
Device: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPod touch fifth-generation, iPod touch sixth-generation
*Because of differences in screen resolution between models of iPhone, the display is smaller on the iPhone 4s. For the best experience, we recommend using iPhone 5 or later.
Build beats faster with MegaPad! Record loops while you just keep stacking epic beats, synths and samples into your track. Tap play to keep listening without recording.
– 64 Pads
– 64 Mixer channels to adjust volume of each pad
– Export Options like YouTube uploading, Email, Facebook, text your beats and more!
– Unlimited songs
– An awesome built-in demo to show you a beginner look at what is possible