– 64 Pads
– 64 Mixer channels to adjust volume of each pad
– Export Options like YouTube uploading, Email, Facebook, text your beats and more!
– Unlimited songs
– An awesome built-in demo to show you a beginner look at what is possible
Get more details here – http://www.xmeinc.com/new/index.html
You only need to check out Olympia Noise Co’s existing catalogue of music apps to know the talented team’s latest release, Patterning, is not going to be your typical beat maker. It’s the developer’s fresh approach to design and useability, combined with professional features that has made it so damn hard for me to put Patterning down over the past week I’ve been playing with it.
Billed as a ‘drum machine’, Patterning certainly fits that description, as it lets you build grooves quicker and easier than you can say ‘Amen break’, however it’s the unique ‘circular’ user interface that invites a level of exploration and experimentation that I haven’t seen in a groovebox before.
I’m sure there are better comparisons, but I liken the main interface to being able to peel back layers of an onion, with each layer being a new sound and pattern. As you move back and forth between the layers you gradually build a groove by adding beats by simply touching where and when you want the sound to play. And the volume of each beat is determined by how big you draw the line with your finger.
You can have a total of 8 percussive sounds per drum kit, but thanks to some basic sound editing features, there is no reason why you couldn’t also incorporate musical riffs as part of a groove, such as a bass line. There’s course and fine tuning available, plus adjusting the attack, hold and decay of each sampled sound. And while there is a comprehensive library of existing sounds inspired by classic drums machines through to traditional acoustic sounding drums, plus a collection of custom sounds from indy producers and musicians, you also have the ability to import your own sampled sounds via cloud storage and AudioShare.
Completed patterns can then be placed in a specific order within the song mode, where they play as part of the timeline for things like live performances.
Patterning also features a decent mixer and effects section. Parts can be soloed, muted, panned, and each has independent reverb and delay sends. The FX section offers control over the reverb and delay settings, plus there is an handy distortion and a 3-band EQ for the overall mix.
Last but not least, naturally Patterning talks to other iOS music apps with support for Audiobus, Inter-App Audio, and MIDI.
While there is an on-board tutorial to get you started, plus help section to explain each and every function, one of the joys for me was exploring the various features and learning as I went.
I honestly didn’t think the world needed another drum machine app, but Patterning has proved me wrong. It is highly addictive and extremely intuitive, yet powerful enough to appeal to serious beat makers, and easily one of the most refreshingly unique music apps so far this year.
Create stunning drum tracks for any song in minutes with SessionBand – the world’s only chord-based audio loop app.
Containing over 800 precision-cut, 5 channel drum loops played by Ralph Salmins – one of the world’s top drummers, SessionBand Drums – Volume 1 is the fastest way to create studio quality drum tracks – wherever you are and whatever your ability.
And with a host of pro features like automated 5 channel mixing, real-time tempo shift, one-touch live recording and Audiobus compatibility – allowing you to seamlessly export our unique content into other top music apps like GarageBand – it has never been easier or quicker to create your own studio quality music even if you can’t play a note!
This is a unique app for musicians, producers and anyone who wants to quickly create professional drum tracks.
Note: We recommend using this app with iPad 2, iPhone 4S or newer devices (iPhone users please note: due to compatibility issues with Audiobus 2.1.16, we strongly recommend the use of headphones while connecting to Audiobus for best experience).
Preview loops and watch the video at sessionbandapp.com
The fastest way to create studio quality music:
* Simply pick a style
* Quickly build up a track by inserting drum loop blocks on the grid
* Stretch or shorten loops in seconds
* Build up your drum track in minutes
* Instantly hear your track across other styles and tempos
* Use the automated mixer to get exactly the right sound
* Record direct to audio
* Copy straight to other music apps
* Share with the world!
Over 800 5 channel drum loops included in the app:
* Over 800 stunning acoustic drum loops included – all in 5 channel format – exactly as recorded in the studio
* 116 of the most current playing styles and tempos organised across 8 main musical genres
* 8 genres: Pop; Rock; Funk/RnB; Jazz; Blues/Country; Latin; Reggae and Odd Meter
SessionBand gets the world’s top session musicians playing on your tracks:
* All 800 loops have been recorded exclusively for SessionBand by Ralph Salmins – one of the world’s best session drummers – 3 times nominated as a ‘Top 10’ drummer in the Rhythm Magazine poll and voted Best Drummer at the British Jazz Awards. Ralph continues to perform with some of the biggest names in music including Stevie Wonder, Elton John, Madonna, Wynton Marsalis, Van Morrison, Paul McCartney, Burt Bacharach, Quincy Jones, Robbie Williams, Paloma Faith and The Waterboys… to name just a few. He is also credited with performing on over 100 movie soundtracks!
* All loops are copyright free
Anyone can create professional acoustic guitar tracks with SessionBand:
* No musical experience required
* Simple, intuitive interface allows easy loop manipulation
* Copy and paste function speeds up the song building process
* Help tutorials on every main screen
Create great-sounding real acoustic drum tracks on the move:
* All loops reside within the app
* No internet access required (once app is downloaded)
* Create studio-quality music absolutely anywhere!
Summary of main features:
* Over 800 individually recorded acoustic drum loops included
* 116 playing styles and tempos organised across 8 main genres
* 6 x main loops and fills in each style
* Live and automated (block) mixing
* Metronome and count-in
* Instant one-touch recording
*Real-time tempo shift +/- 15%
* PDF notation of all 116 styles
* Email finished track instantly as audio
* Email tracks as files for other users to import
* Background audio facility
* iTunes file sharing
* Range of export/share features including Audiobus and AudioCopy
For more details – http://www.sessionbandapp.com/SessionBand_Drums.html
Don’t settle for an app that gives you programmed drum-like sounds, use a real drummer for composition, jamming, teaching or your own releases. With Drum Loops HD 2 (as with Drum Loops HD) you have a live drummer right in your back pocket! And in GB he plays exactly at your desired tempo, grooves and fills! In this totally new app: Blues/Reggae/Rock/Bossa/Samba/Fusion and Super Dry Loops (incl. full Audiobus and Inter App Audio support). The ultimate younger brother of Drum Loops HD (released 2013 and frequently updated).
Perfect for, producers, teachers, songwriters……more than 700 loops, fills and samples in 7 new styles in many, many tempi, more fills and loops than ever before!. Copy any loop to any paste equipped DAW and compose your own track with anything you could ask from a studio drummer in no time. If you use GB as your DAW of choice you get an incredible advantage, you can copy a loop or fill into GB and from there on change the tempo anyway you like without losing audio quality and maintaining the feel of the drummer!
* All new styles to complement the earlier release and this time with even more loops and fills
* All loops and fills can be copied as Apple Loops to GB, following tempo changes
* All loops (or fills) can be copied to any other paste equipped daw
* Full drum loop library for anyone making music on an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch!
* Audiobus compatible
* Inter App Audio compatible
* Perfect drummer to play along with when practicing your timing on any instrument (loops loop perfectly in app itself)
* Performed, recorded and built only for IOS
* Many styles in many bpms (check content list)
* Two sounds for all loops,fills and samples in every style and tempo (close miked/close miked + room mics).
* 4/4, 6/8, 3/4 and even 7/8 loops. Uncut, not time stretched, not chopped but actual high end recordings
* Audio quality: 44.1 kHz, 16 bit (cd)
* All loops and fills actually played separately in all bpms, by a living and breathing studio drummer!
Most loops are 2 bar loops (no single bar loop in the app, no repetition effect) and some are 4 bars in length. All loops (except the Super Dry Room chapter which has a distinct 70’s sound) come in 2 mixes, close-miked and close-miked plus room mics mixed in (natural room reverb), all in perfect sync.
Every style comes in a wide range of tempos including:
* Blues- 4 loops and 3 fills at 80,100, 120, 140, 160, 180, 200 and 220 bpm (quarter note in 6/8)
* Rock- 6 loops and 4 fills at tempos ranging from 100-200 bpm, in 10 bpm increments
* Country- 6 loops and 4 fills, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140 bpm, plus double time loops in 100, 120, 140, 160 bpm (’train beats’)
* Reggae/Ska- 5 loops and 4 fills at 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140 and 150 bpm
* Bossa/Samba- 6 loops and 4 fills at 120, 140, 160, 180, 200, 220, 240 and 260 bpm
* Fusion- 4 loops in 4/4, 3 loops in 3/4 and 2 loops in 7/8 bars, plus 4 fills at 120, 130 and 140 bpm
* Super Dry Room (distinct 70’s sound) a staggering 10 loops and 6 fills at 70, 80, 90 ,100,110, 120,130 and 140 bpm!
* Ending drum fills recorded in both rooms, 3 in the big room and 4 in the dry room to make the live played drum track complete! (live ending fills and breaks)
* 2 drum kits fully sampled in both rooms for adding stuff to grooves, changing them or adding samples to fills, full complement of samples at multiple dynamic levels.
Sing a beat and have it automatically and instantly converted to a drum machine beat! The revolutionary VoxBeat analyzes the kick, snare and hat sounds that you sing, and assigns high-impact stereo drum samples to your beatboxed kick, snare, and hat sounds. It’s amazing and intuitive. It is the easiest and fastest way to program beats: just sing them. You can also just touch the screen to enter or correct drum hits, in real time.
Plus you can add audio tracks to capture your ideas. Make a beat, sing a bass line, sing a melody, mix, add effects if you like. Then you can export to WAV or AudioCopy, or link to another app via Inter-App Audio. Email your ideas or import via iTunes.
VoxBeat is the ultimate musical sketch pad looper and features:
-Five drum kits with 9 sounds each
-Additional drum kit groups for only .99 cents
-6 tracks total (3 for drums, and 3 for either drums or audio)
-Training capability to better recognize your own voice’s kick, snare and hat sounds
-Preset saving and total recall
-Quantize and swing settings
-Crazy beat subdivisions if desired
-Delay, LowPass, HighPass and Band Pass effects for each track.
* Make up to 26 sections and set them rhythm patterns and chords
* 4 DrumKits / 4 Instruments for harmony
* Basic time signatures (4/4, 3/4, 2/4, 6/8) and odd meters (5/4, 7/8, 9/8) available
* Section-independent time signature. That means, you can mix more than 2 meters in a song
* Swing (shuffle) feature for 4th-based signatures
* Section-leading-crash / section-ending fill playable
* Chord input: use tension note and bass note
* While playing, rhythm pattern pads glow and chords are shown
* Export plain text of rhythm patterns and chords (no import feature available)
* Audiobus 2 / Inter-App Audio support
Many people under the impression that the art of producing music using beat maker software is something complicated, and takes too long to learn. But the reality is you can start producing music in a matter of minutes.
Drummy has made it possible for anyone to make beats. There is almost no learning curve at all. You’ll be making the same types of high quality beats as the best Musician or DJ performance……You are not going to believe how easily you’ll be able to become a professional beat maker.
– FEATURES –
• HIGH QUALITY DRUM KITS
11 Drum Kits and Sound Effects covering the most popular modern music styles : Vintage Kit, Analog Kit, Acoustic Kit, Classic Kit, Electro Kit, Techno Kit, HipHop Kit, Urban Kit, Funk Kit and Percussion Kit.
• 8 TRACKS MIXER
An integrated 8 track mixer to balance your tracks to perfection. Mix the volume on individual channels and act as a visual reference of your beat.
• 16 STEPS SEQUENCER
Our 16 steps sequencer makes it easy to edit your masterpiece fast, a ultra-simple yet highly intuitive interface allow you to tap out a quick beat without the headache that comes when learning other complicated Apps.
• DRUM PADS
You can play your drum performances on 8 fully custom pads.
Download Drummy and start making your own beats. The best way to learn is just start doing it.
For more info – http://www.sonarmusical.com/
Attack Drums is a synthesizer designed mainly for drum sounds, but the powerful sound engine can also be used for everything else – including vocals. Based on the Waldorf Attack VST PlugIn from 2001, it consists of a 24-part sound engine, now packed with a pattern sequencer and a versatile effects section.
One highlight of the effects section is the new Phrase Vocoder, a vocoder that uses written text instead of spoken words. Lyrics in – song out, adjust gender as you have always wanted!
Just like Waldorf Nave, Attack Drums is a seriously in-depth musical instrument – easy and fun to use, but a a sonic beast at its core!
-Four independent effect slots with selectable effect:
-Polyphonic steps – up to 8 notes per step
-Fractional track/step timing
-Inter App Audio
-Export song to audio file
-compatible with iPad 2, iPad 3 (Retina), iPad 4, iPad mini (1,2,3), iPad Air (1,2)
-Minimum iOS 7.0 required
-AudioCopy / AudioPaste
-Content control via iTunes File Sharing
Grab the latest details from the Waldorf’s website – http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/attack-drums-overview
TUPLET TRAINER is based on a simple method for learning tuplets. The method is based on intuition and has been tested on and used by students for more than two decades now, and has proven to be extremely effective. Once you master the method, you will easily perform any tuplet with full control thanks to the reference rhythm.
You can operate the app either in Listen mode or Practice mode. In Listen mode you can listen to the reference rhythms transform into tuplets. In Practice mode you can set up different configurations for practicing.
The Lessons section will guide you through the basics of the method. There is also a detailed manual as well as video tutorials and music demos available on the Internet, reachable from within the app.
You can select from 28 tuplets in 4 time signatures, each with multiple motifs, all in all allowing thousands of combinations. Add a groove (hi-hat and bass drum) to reinforce the feel of the time signature. Select different sounds and patterns for the metronome, grooves, and pads.
3/4 Time signature:
4 over 3, 5 over 3, 7 over 3, 8 over 3, 10 over 3, 11 over 3
4/4 Time signature:
5 over 4, 7 over 4, 9 over 4, 10 over 4, 11 over 4, 13 over 4, 14 over 4, 15 over 4
5/4 Time signature:
6 over 5, 7 over 5, 8 over 5, 9 over 5, 11 over 5, 12 over 5, 13 over 5, 14 over 5
7/4 Time signature:
8 over 7, 9 over 7, 10 over 7, 11 over 7, 12 over 7, 13 over 7
As a musician, composer, arranger, or teacher, you will easily gain access to new exciting rhythmic building blocks that have been very inaccessible before and therefore almost non-existent in western music.
Practicing tuplets with this method will not only expand your rhythmic vocabulary: some interesting side effects include a sharper sense of timing, re-phrasing, and subdivision. If you are a stranger to 5/4 and 7/4 (meters), practicing the reference rhythms/tuplets in those time signatures is an excellent way to get acquainted with them.
And – you will open up doors to further rhythmic possibilities!
AirPads - Wireless MIDI Drum Pad controller for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
AirPads is the ultimate, simple MIDI drum and sample controller for iOS. Trigger samples in your favourite music program on your computer or device at the speed of hardware.
AirPads provides a set of pads for triggering samples and knobs to control parameters in real-time. Simply load the app, connect it with another app on your device or your computer via Bluetooth, and start playing!
AirPads utilizes iOS 8 Bluetooth MIDI LE technology, which allows for latency comparable to wired hardware.
AirPads is optimized for use with DAWs such as Ableton, Maschine, Logic Pro, FL Studio, Reason, Reaper, or any other MIDI-accepting program with sample-triggering features. AirPads can also be used for playing melodic instruments such as VST synthesizers and other iOS apps such as Animoog.
– 8 groups of 16 pads, displayed 16 at a time on screen
– 4 knobs (8 on iPad) for real time MIDI CC control
– Split screen mode on iPad in landscape view allows for 2 sets of 16 pads and 8 knobs to be played at once
– Bluetooth LE MIDI support for virtually zero latency
– Global velocity setting
**Note: Please make sure you are running iOS 8, have an iPad 3+/iPhone 4S+/iPod Touch 5th gen and that your Mac is Bluetooth LE MIDI compatible and running OSX 10.10.**
Developer: Jonathan Miller