Retro inspired musical sketchpad, beat maker & melody generator – create melodies, drum patterns, grooves, basslines & chord progressions, or just doodle.
+ Step sequencer with 8 – 32 steps
+ Touch, drag & draw notes
+ Choose key signature, scale, tempo, octave and more
+ Melodic mode – select a scale & never play a wrong note!
+ Drum sampler mode – touch, drop and groove
+ High quality sounds including 8bit synths, classical piano, sitar, super organ, electronic & acoustic drum kits, plus bonus arcade machine soundpack*
+ Generate random melodies with your chosen algorithm
+ Save and restore your seekquences*
+ Omja – your very own wise man to help you along the way
*requires purchase of Pro upgrade
This is the first version so many more features coming soon. I’d love to hear from you so please leave any feedback and feature requests and I will be sure to consider them for future updates.
It is easy to use, you can import your own music from iTunes or you can record the sounds around you, and create instant grooves everywhere.
Do you want create a remix of your favorite song? Just import it in a pad and play.
Have you got music Ideas? Just sing or plug in your instrument and record.
Beat Motion is also a loop player and a musical instrument to filter sounds like a Wah-Wah effect by your movements.
It has 16 customizable pads (you can set the volume and the portion of audio to play)
Export your beats and share by email. You can export your songs as compressed or high quality audio.
Program your own rhythm and groove patterns and switch between them in a live performance. Mute or solo individual instruments, change parameters on the fly and record your performance as high-quality audio file for sharing or later editing on your computer.
The high-contrast user interface is perfectly suited for dim light situations on stage and assists in sound creation in the studio.
Stroke Machine’s powerful synthesizer engine features high-quality Oscillator, Filter, Overdrive and Effect models, extremely fast Envelopes and LFO, sample-exact Pattern Sequencer and a sophisticated Sample, Sound and Pattern library.
The deep sound creation possibilities include two oscillators with typical analog waveforms and sample playback, frequency and ring modulation and a separate white and pink noise generator with integrated multimode filter. All tone generators are summed into a transient generator, followed by another multimode filter and a drive module with several types, a sample rate and bit depth reduction stage, and a two-band equalizer with shelf and bell curves.
Freely assignable modulations with an easy-to-understand user interface offer maximum flexibility easily surpassing even expensive hardware synthesizers.
Each sound is mixed into one of four effect busses, each featuring a sum overdrive, a compressor, a modulation effect like chorus, flanger, phaser or sum filter, and a space effect like delay or clocked delay, or natural, plate or non-linear reverb.
• 12 drum and percussion sound parts
• 12 melodic sound parts
• number of voices only limited by CPU
• 4 multi-effect busses
• pattern with up to 8 bars and 16th resolution, bar nominator and denominator freely adjustable
• modulation sequencer for smooth or quantized automation of each continuous sound and bus parameter
• 128 patterns including all sounds in direct access
• track solo and mute
• sample import
• audio export of a pattern or the whole performance
• AudioBus support
• WIST support
• 2 oscillators with waveforms sine, triangle, sawtooth, pulse with pulse width modulation
• sine waveforms can be changed in slope, symmetry and saturation for additional overtones
• sample playback
• frequency modulation of each oscillator by white noise and oscillator 1 by oscillator 2
• ring modulation
• noise generator with white and pink noise, variable density and multimode filter
• transient generator with crack, rattle, spike, click and thump generators
• multimode filter with 6 dB low or high pass, 12 dB and 24 dB low, band or high pass and band stop
• drive stage with light, medium, hard, clip, tube and fuzz overdrive and tone control
• redux stage (decimator) with sample rate and bit reduction
• fully parametric two-band equalizer with shelf and band types
• glide generator with portamento and glissando for melodic sounds
• voice allocation poly, mono and 3 alternate groups
• 1 LFO with waveforms sine, triangle, pulse, positive pulse, sawtooth, 4 step ramp, 8 step ramp, sample & hold, random, rate synchronizable to clock
• 2 Envelopes with (ADSR) or without (2 decay stages with breakpoint) sustain and variable slope for each stage
• modulation sources LFO, envelope 1 and 2, velocity, note number, 4 random generators, pitch bend and modulation wheel
• any continuous parameter can be modulated
• voice mixed into one of four effect busses
Per effect bus:
• sum drive stage with various types and tone filter
• modulation effect with 2 to 6 stage chorus, 4 to 12 stage phaser or multimode filter
• space effect with stereo modulation delay, synchronizable to clock, natural, plate, or non-linear reverb
Minimum requirement: iOS 6.0
ElliottGarage presents EGDR808, a drum machine that emulates the vintage hardware from the 80′s.
Its realistic and clear interface recalls the analog machine from the past, for all the vintage fanatics.
You can play with the rythm presets included or you can create your own pattern.
- Interface like the real drum machine from the 80′s
- 16 steps sequencer
- 12 programmable rythm patterns and 4 fills patterns
- Auto fill in every 2, 4, 8, 12 or 16 pattern
- Save the pattern you’ve created and play your songs
- Manual Play, Pattern Write and Pattern Clear mode
- Drumkit pieces parameters control (tuning, decay and snappy)
- Song Mode page (swipe to left to open)
- Swing and tap tempo
- Core MIDI (network session, controller esterni, inter app midi)
- Export with iTunes, mail or MAPI Audio Copy
- Korg Wist sync
Robotic Drums is an analog modeled drum synth coupled with a probability sequencer. This special combination, makes the app suitable for live sound manipulation, sequence experimentation and regular beats. The main highlights for this app are:
- A minimalist interface, with a high emphasis in flow.
- 8 analog modeled synthesized voices.
- A probability sequencer. You control how “random” a sequence is.
- Quantized pattern switching.
- Dropbox support for saving sessions and sharing across devices.
- Audiobus support.
- Midi out messages when voices trigger
- Midi in – Change patterns via note midi messages
- Midi clock sync support.
There are 8 analog modeled synthesized voices, each with a noise and an oscillator section. This flexible configuration allows each voice to generate sounds that range from punchy bass drums, to snappy snares, to lo-fi tones, to sound effects and much else in between.
THE PROBABILITY SEQUENCER
The sequencer for each voice is based on probabilities. A step on a sequence is not just a “switch” but a measure of “how likely is this step to be triggered”. This allows for highly dynamic sequences that maintain a certain base, but never sound the same from one pass to another.
THE PATTERNS SECTION
Each session can hold 16 patterns. Switching patterns in a live situation is always controlled by a “pattern quantization” parameter, which determines when the pattern switch actually happens. This allows for pattern switches to occur exactly when expected, maintaining the musical flow of a piece.
Sessions can be saved to Dropbox, this allows to share sessions across devices or even to use as an easy method to share patches with the community.
Cotracks is a collaborative music studio for teamwork on a single iPad. With Cotracks you can create multiple layers of loops and phrases using multiple instruments. Cotracks is designed to maintain your creative flow and is always ready to capture your ideas, regardless whether you are flying solo or collaborating with others.
Collaboration is where Cotracks really stands out. Everyone in your session has the ability to play and record at will without disrupting or being disrupted by the workflow of others. This lets you lay down the foundation of a tune within minutes and makes Cotracks the perfect and inspiring tool for brainstorming new ideas within a group.
The loops you create may be exported as separate audio clips or as a mixdown audio clip which you may then import and use in any audio software supporting the common wave audio format.
DESIGNED FOR VARYING NUMBER OF USERS
You can start off creating music in a single user mode. Later when your friend decides to join in, you switch to a two user mode. The interface layout will adjust enabling convenient access to the application from both sides of the table. Whenever another friend happens to join you, the layout will adjust again enabling access from all four sides of the device, letting you team up with up to three friends for a super creative music session. Whenever one or more members leave the session, it is as easy as a single tap to switch back to the smaller team or to the single user mode, letting the remaining members continue from where the others left off.
DESIGNED FOR VARIABLY SKILLED USERS
Cotracks offers lots of fun at the same time for both novice and advanced musicians with the help of scale based keyboard, flexible quantize, sequence sharing and editing capabilities. For example, a novice musician may grab a copy of a complicated sequence played by a more experienced friend and edit the instrument, sound and effects, record modulation controllers over the sequence and tweak the various playback parameters including key and scale. Essentially creating something new and exiting without necessarily playing a single note. Cotracks is all about giving everybody the means to contribute, which takes the concept of music collaboration to a new level.
It’s like playing with a band, but this time you can record and play back your own parts, in perfect sync with others, and create the constituents for a great track at the same time. With Cotracks the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
“Cotracks is a brilliant concept and, on the whole, has been beautifully realised by Futucraft.” – MusicAppBlog.com
• up to 12 instrument tracks
• beat synchronized playback and recording
• comfortable access for multiple users
• dedicated interface modes for single user, two users and four users
• switch between interface modes with a single tap
• independent playback control constantly available for each instrument
• repeater lets you play and record complex beat synced rhythmic textures
• XY-modulation control
• nondestructive quantize and transpose
• change the playback scale of recorded sequences
• drag and drop copying of sequences between instruments
• polyphonic synthesizer with dozens of high quality instrument presets
• monophonic bass/lead synthesizer with dozens of high quality instrument presets
• sample player with a library of professional quality samples from Inspire Audio
• programmable XY-modulation
• band-limited oscillators to ensure professional grade sound quality
• stereo delay
• stereo phaser
• 2 equalizer units
• dedicated units for each track
• Audiobus support
• export each instrument to separate audio clip
• export all in one audio mixdown clip
• export and import sessions via iTunes in XML format for backup and sharing
• on-screen help and tips
• online support integrated in app
• video tutorials
For more details - http://futucraft.com/cotracks/
Moo Cow Music have been quiet for awhile, and now I know why! They’ve been working on this comprehesive band-in-a-box music production app! Looks very interesting indeed.
Ever wanted a recording studio in the palm of your hand? Looptical is a complete music production solution for iPhone and iPod touch.
Record your musical ideas on the go and mix them into a finished track, or use them as the basis for a new project back at your studio. Create looped sections of music and combine them to form larger musical sections until you have a finished song. Going from an initial riff idea to full track is easy with Looptical. Then mix the track with comprehensive effects and fully automated mixer controls, or export the MIDI and component audio tracks to your DAW when back at the studio to take your song one step further.
- Play keys with a single or dual 128 key keyboard layout, complete with pitch/mod wheel.
- Use the Scale Keyboard to play scales effortlessly by sliding a finger up and down the screen.
- Strum your way through your own palette of chords with the Chord Guitar.
- Use the Latched Arpeggiator to turn simple chords into sequences of notes.
- Use Quantize to tidy up your performance, and Undo any mistakes.
GO FROM RIFF TO FULL SONG
- Songwriting in Looptical involves creating Loops: building blocks for a song that could be a one bar bassline, an 8 bar chorus, or a 100 bar indulgent guitar solo.
- Use the Loop Bank to combine, merge, repeat, and insert these Loops to form larger riffs, and ultimately a complete song.
- Use the Event List to perform mass edits of notes, such as tweaking velocity, quantize or transpose.
MIX THE TRACK
- Add and mix up to 24 stereo tracks with Looptical’s Mixer.
- Add up to 5 Insert effects (Overdrive, Bit Crusher, Compressor, EQ, Filter, Chorus/Flanger, Phaser, Trance Gate, Delay) to each track, and a single Reverb Send effect.
- All mixer and effect parameters are automated and changes are recorded directly into the song.
ADD VOCALS AND GUITARS
- Record vocals with the iPhone internal microphone or compatible audio interface and add your own effects with live monitoring.
- Control input with an intuitive preamp-style gain and noise gate.
INTERACT WITH OTHER APPS
- Record audio tracks directly from any Inter-App Audio (iOS7) Instrument app.
- Use Audiobus (requires purchase from third party) to send and receive live audio to other Audiobus-enabled apps.
MAKE YOUR OWN INSTRUMENTS
- If the 95 keyboard and 50 drum presets (including 600 individual drum hits) are not enough, create your own from scratch.
- Import samples via iTunes Shared Folder, from another iPhone music app via the clipboard, or resample the current song.
- Effortlessly create an entire new instrument from a single sample, or add further samples for a multi-sampled instrument.
- Edit your sample to trim, chop, loop, amplify, fade or reverse sections.
- Export your instrument to use again, or even share with others via the Looptical forum.
USE AN EXTERNAL KEYBOARD
- Plug in an iPhone-compatible MIDI keyboard and you can break out of the iPhone screen and compose using a full hardware piano keyboard.
- Play drum parts by assigning piano keys to each pad, or effortlessly noodle a solo by playing the Scale Piano from the major keys.
- Assign spare MIDI controllers such as Pan or Modulation to directly control automation parameters in Looptical insert effects.
For moew details - http://moocowmusic.com/Looptical/
Each kit features no less than 200 parameters that are controllable in real-time via touch or MIDI.
STIX is also a 8 channel 16 step drum sequencer with recording functionality. The sequencer’s 8 patterns can be chained into songs in Track Mode.
Up to 100 Preset Kits can be stored and the 8 drum modules can be performed on the pads throughout the app’s modes.
STIX also features Audiobus compatibility!
For more details - http://twisted-electrons.com/apps/stix/
This app has various real-time effects.
This allows you not only to play a created pattern (song), but also to play music, controlling various effects in real time.
- PCM Sound (Number of parts: 10)
- 14 preset drum kits
- Tempo: 30-300BPM, Tap tempo, Swing function
- Step Sequencer (16 steps/32 steps)
- Song function (Maximum 300-bar)
- Tone editing (Name, Volume, Panning, Mute Group, Tune, Dynamic Processor, Wave Trimming, Attack/Decay Time)
- Audio Import (AudioCopy, iPod Library, File)
- Audio Export
- Real-time recording
- Various Master Effects (Distortion, Dynamic Processor, Delay, Reverb)
- Control in real time, assigning the effect parameters to the FX XY Pad
- Real-time Effects (Slicer, LPF, Glitch, and Roller)
- WIST (Wireless Sync-Start Technology) is supported
- Audiobus (Input) is supported
- CoreMIDI (Input) is supported
- AudioCopy/Paste is supported
- Playing in the background is supported
What’s New in Version 2.0
We’re proud to give our fans a major new update!
The game’s been completely reworked to work on iPad’s and iPhone 5. We have also improved the app in several ways.
- Now TableDrum is a Universal app which works natively on iPads with new graphics.
- Native iPhone5 support with new graphics.
- Added 4 new kit packs with 2 kits per pack summing up to a total of 13 kit in the app with a total of 104 unique sounds.
- Improved mixing of audio.
- Improved latency when playing previews of sounds.
- Several issues and potential issues fixed all over the app.
TableDrum is the Augmented Audio application that allows you to sync the sound of any real object and trigger a real time response of high quality drum sounds.
You can now build your own drumset from practically anything. Drum applications where users tap the screen are things of the past. This is the future!
Take it to the streets, show your kitchen table who’s the boss or simply let your stuff feel the rhythm.
With the TableDrum application the world is now your virtual drum set. You can sync the sound of basically any real object to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and link it to high quality drum samples of your choice.
Included in the app is the Classic Rock kit with 8 high quality drum samples. By expanding your sound library with the Ethno & Jazz kit and Electro and Glitch kit you can get access to another 32 high quality sounds to play with.
Some things to get started
Gear up with a couple of pencils and some office supplies, each one with unique acoustic characteristics, to drum on!
Use headphones for best result.
To link a drum to a real physical object
1. Hold down a drum pad until it starts glowing.
2. Release and tap a real physical object several times (4-8) while the light fills the circle.
3. When the linking process is done, the rim of the pad will glow.
The app recognizes sound, so for the app to work at its best, the sounds you link should be different and distinguished. While you are playing, hit the object the same way as when you linked it.
To unlink a drum
1. Hold down the drum pad for one second. The rim stops glowing and is unlinked from the real physical object.
Join the beat!