With a library of 3600 editable patterns, loops, and fills, Drum Session is a very fast, simple way to put together a complete drum track.
1. Select a pattern
2. Drag it onto the timeline
3. Press play
– 3600 preset patterns
– 30 complete sets of acoustic drum samples
– Record your own beats
– Piano roll style editing
– MIDI in / out
– Inter-app-audio (IAA)
– Export beats as MIDI or audio files
– Connect to external drum kits or keyboards by MIDI
For more details, videos and updates – http://drumsession.org/
Pocket size drum machine, perfect for making beats.
You can record live with the drum pads and even add simple bass line to the beat.
2 drum kits with 12 tweakable drum sounds and customisable bass sound
Easy to use!
– real synthesised bass sounds
– sampled drum sounds
– export to WAV or MIDI
– real-time parameters
Jack the beat maker is simplified but yet powerful rhythm greater tool.
Unlocking new potentials of FM synthesis.
Frum is a radically new FM Drum Synthesizer, incubated after many years of research and development into FM synthesis. You may imagine FM sounds to be clear and harmonic, but those are just the start of the possibilities FM has to offer. More potential is unleashed by harnessing the unlimited, free power of complex sound waves.
Close sound encounters of the third kind.
Traditionally, FM synths are overwhelming, with too many parameters to control the sound texture. Frum bundles many of these parameters together in the BUG button, offering entirely new textures each time the button is pressed. It’s easy to find and tweak these sounds to make drums, other percussion, fat bass, organic noises such as insect songs, environmental sounds, human screams, as well as all sorts of intriguing melodies.
• The sounds are at your fingertips.
With Frum, we had to rethink the existing UI design for hardware and software synthesizers, bringing the power of FM to the iOS touch screen. The vertically scrolling sequencer allows you to enjoy single-handed, stress-free control of the UI.
• Rearrange blocks to compose music.
Entire songs can be composed by rearranging pattern blocks with your fingers. Complex arrangements and organisation is possible with the user having control over song name, pattern block colors, loop counts and durations.
• Share your song on the timeline.
From incorporates SNS technology, allowing you to listen to hot new tracks from around the world, as soon as somebody shares them. Let people know what you think, and get feedback on your own tracks, via the like button, and comments section.
• Sound engine
Oscillators : FM/PM synth with 4 operators（ sine, square, triangle )
Tracks : 4 ( can extend to 4×4 pads using the ‘Pad division’ function )
Filter : High, Band and Low pass filter
Effectors : Overdrive, Auto Pan
Generating BUG, Pad division, UNDO, REDO, Live edit, Save and load presets (factory/private)
• Pattern Sequencer
Step resolution : 1/16
Maximum step: 64 (4 bars)
Gate input, Keyboard input, parameter input in Motion edit mode, Copy and paste, Step shift
• Song (Pattern Block)
Maximium patterns : 150
Pattern Block Properties : Name, Color, Loop count, Mute
Drag & drop, Duplicate, Delete, Delete All
Mixer : 4 track volume faders + 1 master volume fader with a limiter
Other Features :
Shuffle, Mute, Pad Division, Pad sound switch, and so on
• Other functions
SNS (Timeline, Popular, Recommended, Demo)
Account management, Account synchronization, Create account
For more details – http://frum.jp/
Here’s an interesting new release from Positive Grid, and something of a teaser for another drum app currently under development!
The World’s First Artificial Intelligence Drum App
Create full drum tracks with just a few finger taps! GoBeats has the most advanced artificial intelligence for drums – our artificial intelligence technology listens to your guitar playing and learns your song structure, BPM, time signature – it then gives you the best possible drum beats with the feel of a real drummer. It’s designed to help you create the music you ever wanted to, so now there are no excuses. GoBeats: Play. Tap. Ready.
– Smart drums: it learns your playing and automatically generates the proper drum pattern
– Easy to use: just tap on the recording icon and start playing, GoBeats will learn your playing
– Thousands of drum beats: it comes with thousands of different drum patterns
– Fully featured: you can adjust BPM, time signature, and drum feel
The first drum synthesizer plugin for iOS. Works conveniently inside your sequencer and Audio Unit Instrument hosts so you can focus on making electronic music without app switching and screen juggling like before.
*IMPORTANT* Audio Units are plug-ins that need a compatible host app to work. Ruismaker has been tested to work beautifully with Steinberg Cubasis, Apple Garageband, Modstep, AUM and MultitrackStudio.
– Audio Unit Instrument: making music on iOS doesn’t get more convenient
– Each sound is modeled using authentic analog and FM algorithms;
– Comes with dozens of unique customizable models, more to come
– Does not use any samples; all sounds are synthesized in realtime, on the fly
– Emulates analog components, introducing subtle, natural fluctuations in the sound
– Replicates the Ruismaker Annabella hardware drum machine
– Light on the CPU, so you can run lots of Ruismakers simultaneously
– Has an extra compact 4″ UI mode; especially for iPhone SE and iPhone 5S
– Fully automatable parameters (requires host support)
– Fully MIDI controllable using MIDI CC
– Download the advanced guide on ruismaker.com for more details about parameter automation, available instruments and MIDI implementation
For more details – http://ruismaker.com/
DM2 is a Synthesis Drum Machine. It has been made by the core team that brought you DM1, one of the first Drum Machine for iPad, that won an Apple Design Award in 2012. Special 40% OFF price for the first week!
DM2 brings a new approach to Drum Synthesis with a powerful and easy to use graphic editor to create and manipulate sound. It it packed with ready-made factory Drum Kits. You can mix and match any sound from any drum kits to any track of your song. Play a song and load any drum kits (from factory kits or from any other songs) to listen to a completely new song every time.
As electronic musicians ourselves, we, at Audionomy, have developed DM2 with the intention of delivering the perfect mix between fun playability and powerful sonic capacities. We always keep in mind the importance of a beautiful design with the right balance of powerful abilities while avoiding clumsy interfaces.
DM2 offers 6 main sections:
1 – THE STEP SEQUENCER takes advantage of the iPad multi-touch screen for fast and creative patterns drawing. The Sequences handles 16 or 32 steps patterns and is polymetric (just gently tap and drag the blue handle at the right end of each track).
2 – THE DRUMS PAGE is a powerful graphic Audio Synthesis editor. Play, experiment and discover new sounds with the 6 graphs. Tap the little magnifying glass each title bar, it will expand the graph to a bigger size for extra precision.
3 – THE PADS PAGE simply lets you play and record any beat that tickles your fingers, with automatic quantize so that you don’t miss a beat. With a Beat Repeat effect for extra fun.
4 – THE MIXER PAGE for quick and subtle sound mixing of your drum kits. Large and spacey so that you can get the big picture. Pan and Solo included.
5 – THE FX SECTION offer a powerful Quad Pads Effect processors. Refine or super charge your sounds with this powerful Master effect chain.
6 – THE SONG PAGE allows you to quickly build a song with the patterns you have created. Just drag and drop the patterns onto the timeline. Each pattern in a song can be repeated for compact Song composition.
One more thing, DM2 is Ableton Link compatible.
• Retina Display
• Graphic design by Jonas Eriksson
• Pure Data powered audio engine with dynamic rendering
• Ready-made electronic drum kits
• Step Sequencer with multi-touch matrix
• 16 or 32 Steps per patterns
• Polymetric Sequencer
• Powerful graphic editor for Audio Synthesis
• That offers for each sound:
• A mix of an oscillator (Sin|Triangle|Sawtooth|Square) and a noise generator
• Two self-oscillating filters (lowpass|bandpass|hipass)
• Two volume envelopes (exponential|linear|clap)
• A pitch modulator for the oscillator (exponential|lfo|random)
• A distortion effect to boost or crush your sound
• A stereo switch
• Copy and Paste sounds
• Swap sounds between two tracks
• 9 Pads to play and record patterns
• With Beat Repeat effect
• Full screen Mixer with volume, pan and solo mode for each track
• 4 FX Pads for your Master Effects chain : Compressor | Overdrive >>> Phaser | Chorus >>> Delay >>> Reverb
• Mode song with fast editing and patterns repeat
• Audio background mode
• Audiobus support
• Full Midi implementation
• Inter-App Audio support
• Ableton Link compatible
For more details – http://www.audionomy.fr/
Vatanator is a unique drum machine with advanced MIDI functionality. It features 140 built-in presets emulating every classic vintage hardware.
It is aimed for simplicity and instant rhythm creation.
– iOS 7.1 and up compatible, iPad retina graphics
– Record patterns in real-time with quantization, MIDI assignable
– 16/32 steps sequencer with advanced MIDI options
– Fast loading of presets on the fly
– Full MIDI implementation
– Background audio
– Audiobus, Audiobus Remote, Inter-App Audio and Ableton Link support
– Ability to import samples via AudioCopy, Dropbox or iTunes Share
– Real-time effects with envelope follower, MIDI assignable
– Song arranger, ability to store a sequence of patterns and play them in order
– 8 channel mixer with volume control and mute/solo for any individual instrument
Fore more details – http://www.vatanator.com/vatanator/
Here is what Gilbert Medam, composer and arranger, creator of the packs and new UI design wrote:
“Following the steps of his predecessor DrumPerfect, DrumPerfect Pro is now one of the most versatile digital drummers ( on iPad ) I have ever used. My favorite, for sure. What set it apart is the fact that it doesn’t sound like a drum machine at all. You have to listen to it to believe. It just sound like a living drummer. An excellent drummer at home in any style, any genre. Groovy and solid.
Technically highly skilled, able to improvise variations with good taste and nuances.
What a groovy companion, for anything from practice to production to performances.
Unique virtual drum engine for ultra-realistic performances:
random sample selection,
16 Linked sets ( fills & variations ) to be played at programmable intervals,
multi-sampled instruments with up to 16 samples per instrument,
humanise option adds randomisation of velocity and timing,
programmable time shifts per drum stroke,
programmable number of beats in a pattern (up to 32),
programmable subdivision per beat (up to 16),
smart swing function,
BPM between 20 and 320,
convolution-based reverb processor.
Grid style editor for easy rhythm programming and editing.
Kit editor for building your own multi-sampled drumkits.
Song editor for easy song building.
32 Velocity-sensitive pads for live-recording.
Rock-solid sync via Inter-App-Audio, Ableton Link or midi-in clock sync.
Audio file and midi file export to other apps.
Audio file and midi file import from other apps.
Full Inter-App-Audio and Audiobus support with individual outputs per instrument (16+1).
Low-latency midi-in handling for notes, control changes and program changes.
Extensive midi-in configuration options per port.
Midi-learn for mapping of notes and remote commands.
A dedicated store with great content.
DrumPerfect Pro now offers Styles Packs. Professional-grade musical content (drum kits, songs and patterns) covering a vast variety of drumming styles, downloadable as In-App Purchases.
Packs available now:
Funky Breakbeat vol.1 ( Classics ),
Funky Breakbeat vol.2 ( Modern ),
Jazz Sessions vol.1 ( Sticks )
Brazilian Rhythms vol.1
Can’t find a great deal of info on this Japanese made app. The video probably gives more away than the description below by the developer!
Guitar, bass, is a reproduction of a drum sequencer realistic.
Guitar and bass will be converted are chords conversion instantly by simply adding a pattern.
Since the chords by the change also pressing way of fret, will be converted into as if guitarist, as there are bassist.
Also played down picking, up picking, hammer-on, pull-off, mute, brushing (2 types), picking harmonics, choking, you can vibrato. (guitar)
Then because editing can also finely will be reflected all when the code conversion.
Apple’s much loved family-friendly GarageBand has just been given a sprinkle of new features. The two main additions are the new Live Loops feature and the Virtual Drummer feature that exists already in Logic Pro X and the Mac version of GarageBand. Naturally, the update is free to current owners, or USD$4.99 for new purchases.
What’s New in Version 2.1
• Use Live Loops to create music by triggering instrument loops and DJ-style effects in real time using Multi-Touch gestures*
• Add a virtual Drummer to your song who takes direction and performs realistic acoustic & electronic drum grooves
• Record adjustments of any Touch Instrument control knob in real time
• Create and edit automation curves to control the volume of any track
• Shape the sound of a Touch Instrument or audio recording using Simple EQ and Compressor
• Plug in a bass guitar and play through vintage and modern bass amp rigs
• Adds over 1,200 new Apple Loops and sounds
• Record up to 32 tracks simultaneously**
• Use third-party instrument apps in your song with Audio Unit Extensions***
• Directly import or export GarageBand projects using iCloud Drive
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch****
Get a full rundown here – http://www.apple.com/au/ios/garageband/