With a library of 3600 editable patterns, loops, and fills, Drum Session is a very fast, simple way to put together a complete drum track.
1. Select a pattern
2. Drag it onto the timeline
3. Press play
– 3600 preset patterns
– 30 complete sets of acoustic drum samples
– Record your own beats
– Piano roll style editing
– MIDI in / out
– Inter-app-audio (IAA)
– Export beats as MIDI or audio files
– Connect to external drum kits or keyboards by MIDI
For more details, videos and updates – http://drumsession.org/
SLICR MUSIC PRODUCTION APP for iPad and iPhone
Slice Beats, Remix, Recycle, Design, DJ, Compose, & Share
// MAKE, SEE, HEAR
Turn your iOS device into a professional sample slicing and chopping beat making & music production tool with DJ FX mode, and live arrangements similar to Ableton Live. Slicr includes everything you need to create a beat quickly and easily, including 4 banks of samples/slices, built-in effects, plus the ability to create new sequences, loops and record and overdub beats. With more than 600 free samples, and 10 editable template songs, Slicr is the first drum machine to feature the Wave View which allows you to easily distinguish sounds on pads and read waveforms.
Import sounds from your iTunes Library, custom sample libraries or collect more than 600 free high-quality, professionally recorded samples of hard hitting drums, luscious synths, and smooth bass and 808s for Electronic, Trap and Hip-Hop music from cutting edge producers like Mr.Carmack. Loops from vintage synths, rare tape recordings, field recordings and foley are also included. Slicr will be updated monthly with new sound packs.
Use up to three slicing modes to repurpose your music library and your own custom sample collection for remixes and sample-chopped beats. Combine your chops with Slicr Sounds and you’re ready to slice beats like Kanye!
• Region Slice mode allows you to chop a sample into equally sized slices.
• Auto Slice Mode allows you to detect and intelligently position slice points within a sample.
• Manual Mode allows you to swipe to place slice markers directly on the waveform.
• More than 600 samples and 10 template songs
• Use 16 Wave View drum pads for real-time drum sequencing on your iOS device. Load up to 64 samples
• Exclusive free Slicr Sounds pack
• Includes in-app purchases for extra packs from Mr.Carmack
• Sample from music library or import your own library
• Slice sounds using 3 distinct modes for sampling found in classic samplers
• Export your loop based arrangement in real-time in DJ mode.
• Transfer recordings to your computer via iTunes
• Route FX through slices individually
• Share your Slicr Kits and selections with others via Slicr’s Kit Feed
• Pitch slices up and down for classic sampler pitching
• Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
• Live Loop queuing for real-time performance and playback
• Simple drag and drop sound selection with audio preview
• Built-in effects: delay, distortion, reverb
• One shot/Hold mode: cutoff the sound when you lift off the device
• Choke Groups: A pad’s sample will cut off another sample if its in the same choke group
• Quantize Time correct: 1/4 note – 1/32
• Glitch Master effect – 1/16 – 1/4
• Delay Fade Master effect
• Highpass and Lowpass Filter Master effect
• Varispeed pitching with Lock and Drop (pitch drop 1/1 – 1/4) modes
• Change the colors of the pads to your liking
• No matter which iOS device you use, Slicr adapts to your screen size
// SEE YOUR MUSIC
Utilize your iTunes Library of songs for remixing! Import songs from your iTunes Library, Slicr sound packs, and your own “.wav” samples to the “CRATE”. Then collect and edit snippets of songs for reuse in sample based beats, remixes and mashups.
// EXPERT CONTROLS
Applying and routing reverb, delay and distortion can be done to a single slice or to multiple slices. Add some smoothness and control with the one-shot/hold mode and choke groups.
Built for Live performance and hands free use, Quantiloop recreates the simplicity of a hardware loop pedal in an iOS app. Attach a MIDI foot controller and control it the way you want. No MIDI controller at hand; just preset your loop length, enable auto–record or a count–in and your loops will automatically close, no hands or feet required. Big onscreen controls allow for easy configuration and tactile control by vocalists or beat boxers. Focus on your performance instead of fiddling with dip switches or complex menu’s.
Create two tracks with endless layers of overdubs to build your performance. Record a Chorus and Verse in each track and switch between them seamlessly, or create a 1 bar percussie loop on track one, a 4 bar chord progression on track two and layer a bass line on top, all in perfect synchronisation.
The builtin rhythm guide provides a rhythmic backing. Use the internal metronome for practice, import drum loops from virtually anywhere or host and control your favourite rhythm apps to enhance your performance. Ableton Link you lets you even play in time with external apps and devices. Quantisation aligns your actions to the nearest measure or beat so you stay in time, and real-time tempo control sets the pace. Prefer setting your own pace, disable quantisation and Quantiloop will react to your actions with minimum latency to create tight synchronised recordings.
• Free, Synced and Serial Playing Styles
• Multiple Quantise Modes
• Multiple Stop Modes
• Adjustable Fade Out
• Unlimited Overdubs
• Overdub Decay
• Undo / Redo
• Auto Record
• High quality stereo audio
• Clear loop status display
• Rhythm guide with optional auto-start, auto-stop and count-in
• Audible and Visual Metronome
• Send start, stop and host sync to hosted rhythm apps.
• Sync to host when embedded in an Inter-App-Audio host
• Real-time Tempo Control
• Extensive MIDI control
• Multiple Assignments per MIDI controller (tap, hold, double tap)
• Support for Audiobus and Inter-App-Audio
• Individual outputs for each track and rhythm
• Synchronise to other apps and devices with Ableton Link
• MIDI clock sync
• Cloud (iCloud, Dropbox, Audioshare …) import / export
• Store Phrase Presets in unlimited banks with 32 presets each
• Individual Volume and panning controls for each track
Official page – http://quantiloop.com/
waverails is a modular path-based loop processor, inspired by avant-garde tape music and early electromechanical musical contraptions. Instead of recording, overdubbing and splicing together tape, waverails lets you splice, warp, blend and reverse audio (live input and/or samples) in real-time by using path-based modular components. waverails can be used as an audio processor or live performance tool to create effects and performances that aren’t easily replicated in real-time with traditional audio software and effects.
Lo-fi warped sound collages
Phased loops (just like your favorite 20th century minimalist composers!)
Chopped up real-time glitchy beats
Massive glittery ambience
Harmonic and rhythmic effects that transform input sounds into music
Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support (filter/effect port)
AudioShare support for importing custom samples
Control each modular component’s parameters in real time
Jump functionality lets you easily set cues and sync object positions and speeds
Fine grained or musical interval-based speed control
BPM control to match audio input tempo
Perform any task with a few taps, without needing any gestures/long presses.
No additional hardware or apps required, create new sounds using internal or imported samples
Info function to share and learn information about custom patches.
note: full patch editing and save functionality require in-app purchase
Here’s an interesting new release from Positive Grid, and something of a teaser for another drum app currently under development!
The World’s First Artificial Intelligence Drum App
Create full drum tracks with just a few finger taps! GoBeats has the most advanced artificial intelligence for drums – our artificial intelligence technology listens to your guitar playing and learns your song structure, BPM, time signature – it then gives you the best possible drum beats with the feel of a real drummer. It’s designed to help you create the music you ever wanted to, so now there are no excuses. GoBeats: Play. Tap. Ready.
– Smart drums: it learns your playing and automatically generates the proper drum pattern
– Easy to use: just tap on the recording icon and start playing, GoBeats will learn your playing
– Thousands of drum beats: it comes with thousands of different drum patterns
– Fully featured: you can adjust BPM, time signature, and drum feel
From the stage to the studio, Infinite Looper will let you capture musical ideas, and can provide the framework for songwriting, all in a single integrated app. Loop MIDI phrases easily, control six different instruments, and quickly assemble loops into full songs. Visit the Secret Base Design web site for details and demonstration videos.
* MIDI Looping
There are dozens of audio looping apps; Infinite Looper expands on this idea, allowing you to quickly select different synthesizers, and loop the MIDI to each with perfect synchronization. Each of the instruments can have up to eight simultaneous loops. The loops can be of different lengths, up to sixtyfour measures long.
* Internal SoundFont Engine
Built into the app is an extensive SoundFont library with hundreds of instruments, and multiple drum kits. Pianos, strings, guitar, brass, synthesizers — it’s all there. Everything you need to get going right away.
* Inter-App Audio
Infinite Looper can host IAA-compatible synth apps — take advantage of the wide range of innovative synths.
* MIDI In and Out
The app recognizes MIDI from other apps, over Bluetooth connections, and from hardware controllers. Secret Base Design is the developer of the innovative Apollo MIDI over Bluetooth — the first Bluetooth MIDI solution for iOS. We’re also partners in the musicIO app, which allows both audio and MIDI to be sent over an ordinary iOS sync cable. The app is built using the excellent MIDIbus library — the Secret Base Design team has been at the forefront of MIDI on iOS for years.
* More that just loops. Songs.
Built into the app is a loop sequencer — select different sets of loops for each section of a song, and the app will step through them automatically. You can build complex compositions, so that your songs evolve and breathe.
* MIDI Export
The iPad is an excellent music sketch pad, but it’s not the end of the road. Infinite Looper will export a MIDI file for a song, which can be loaded into professional desktop DAWs. Use your iPad to put together a demo, and then bring in the full set of studio tools to finish your masterpiece.
* Keyboards and Pads
The app features a responsive piano-style keyboard — adjust note velocity by touching towards the tops of the keys. And because on-screen keyboards can be hard to play, there’s also ten pages of programmable pads. You can quickly assign notes or chords to pads, making it easy to capture the progression for a song idea, and bring the whole thing into focus.
* Quantization and MIDI Latency
To lock down timing, you can toggle on quantization — or leave it off, for a loose, natural feeling. If you use external MIDI controllers, there can be latency in the MIDI messages — the app can time shift slight to account for the delay of Bluetooth connections or WiFi. And if you use an audio-to-MIDI converter app like MIDImorphosis, latency compensation can tighten up the timing.
* All the standards
Infinite Looper supports Ableton Link, making it easy to synchronize the app with other Link-enabled apps. There’s full support for Inter-App Audio and IAA MIDI, and Audiobus too.
* MIDI Learn
If you’re playing live, your hands might be busy with a keyboard or a guitar. With MIDI learn, you can control the app with a foot controller. Toggle on and off recording, switch tracks, and more. Infinite Looper is ready to be taken on stage, and used live.
* Import and Export
Easily share projects with friends using AirDrop, Dropbox, or by email.
* Take Notes
Want to jot down song lyrics, or details on a synthesizer or hardware setup? Infinite Looper projects include a text notepad, so you can capture whatever you need to!
Infinite Looper uses the Ableton Link library, the Audiobus library, and the MIDIbus library. Internal sounds are from the widely used SoundFont set by Christian Collins.
What’s New in Version 1.2
Added in scale-based keyboards; in addition to the standard piano layout, you can now select keyboards based on many popular scales, or customize the notes as you like. The keyboard can also be transposed easily.
A bug which could cause dropped or stuck notes when using the internal synthesizer has been fixed.
c3n loops is a remix instrument for DJs and producers. Navigate an infinite space to play loops and create compositions on the fly. You can improvise or prepare grooves for a performance. A radically different user interface leads to unexpected compositions and creative improvisations. Sync hardware and apps to c3n loops via MIDI sync. c3n loops also supports AudioBus.
57 high quality loops to get you started.
Interface optimised for iPad pro resolution.
Loops of different tempos are automatically adjusted to play in sync.
Number of loops in the space is limited only by the device flash memory capacity.
Import your own loops.
Shape the loop sound with resonant filters.
128 Concurrent stereo streams (64 on the iPad 2)
Support for multiple audio formats such as, wav, aif, caf, mp3, m4a.
Video tutorial included.
c3n loops adds a new dimension of expressiveness to your live performance!
For more details – http://www.c3n.se/
Soundboard Studio helps you take your podcast, live show, gig or performance to the next level. It’s a bulletproof professional soundboard app for instant track playback.
– Import tracks from your music library
– Import tracks & files from Dropbox
– Copy files from your favourite apps
– Switch between four boards
– Play multiple tracks simultaneously
– Loop individual tracks
– Customisable default track settings
– Drag-and-drop to rearrange tracks
– Voice presenters
– Live theatre
– School teachers
– Theme park live shows
– Wedding planners
– Stage Managers
– Church services
– Dance recitals
Soundboard Studio also makes it easy to see which tracks are playing, which tracks you have already played and even the current progress of any playing tracks. No other soundboard app comes close to the versatility, usability and experience of using Soundboard Studio.
For more details – http://soundboardstudio.com/
LooperSonic is a multi-track audio looper and recorder that will take your loops to the next level. Use it like a loop pedal to make loops, and then arrange those loops into complete songs with cut, copy, trim, paste, reverse, and undo/redo.
Record a loop by tapping the record button at the beginning and the end of the loop just as you would with a loop pedal. Or start the metronome and set your loop to count in for hands free looping. Change the loop points on the fly while recording new loops without stopping playback. You can also do straight recordings without looping.
Use cut, copy, trim, and paste to structure your loops and recordings into a song. Turn a loop into a backing track for a verse by duplicating a loop for a few bars. Merge tracks to make room for more recordings. Undo and redo recordings and edits up to 100 times.
When you change the tempo, the pitch changes along with it, like a record player. Use this to make a guitar sound like a bass, or to sing out of your range. Along with the reverse feature you can make some pretty cool effects.
Get audio in and out using Inter-App audio, AudioBus, and/or audio copy/paste. Share individual clips or a whole song mix with ease. Audio can be copied from song to song. Or a selection of clips can be mixed down and shared without stopping playback.
-Undo/Redo up to 100 times
-Inter-App Audio support
-Audio Copy/Paste from other apps
-Change pitch and tempo like a record player
-Track volume, and mute/solo
-Join multiple clips (bounce)
-Supports 4/4, 3/4, and 6/8 time signatures
-Sharing is super easy
LooperSonic makes loops the same way a loop pedal does and just like a loop pedal, it requires precise timing to make a good loop. All sounds in LooperSonic are created by the user. For the best experience, make sure to wear headphones.
Music Memos is the easiest way for songwriters to capture and organise new musical ideas. Use your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to record acoustic guitar, piano, voice or any musical instrument as high-quality, uncompressed audio. Then name, tag and rate your ideas to start building a library of all your favourite new song parts and riffs. Music Memos automatically detects your tempo, rhythmic feel and chords, and lets you instantly hear your musical idea accompanied by a rhythm section with realistic drums and bass. View the chords you’ve played, add comments and lyrics, or share your recordings with friends or directly to Apple Music Connect.* And it’s easy to take your favourite ideas into GarageBand, so you can add more instruments and continue building your song.
Quickly capture musical ideas
• Easily record any musical idea using a simple interface
• Instantly listen to your recorded song ideas with a virtual drummer and bass player, who follow along like a live band in the room
• Adjust the groove and sound of the drum or bass using simple and intuitive controls, to hear your song idea in different ways
• Tune your guitar with a built-in instrument tuner
Build a library of song ideas
• Name any song idea, or delete unwanted recordings
• Tag your song ideas to help you find them later — using keywords like verse, chorus, mellow and energetic — or add your own customised tags
• Rate your song idea with 1–5 stars to help you identify your favourites
• Supports iCloud Drive so your library of song ideas are always safe and available across all your iOS devices
View, edit and document your song ideas
• Automatically analyses the music you played, and displays musical measures and suggested chord names
• Rename or provide further detail for any chord names throughout your song
• The drum and bass performances adapt immediately to match any chord and rhythm edits
• Trim away any unwanted parts from the beginning and end of your recording
• Keep track of comments, lyric ideas, alternate guitar tunings or capo position
Share your new song
• Use iCloud Drive to make your song ideas available across all your iOS devices
• Email any song idea to a friend, to share your music or to collaborate with other musicians
• Quickly open your idea in GarageBand for iOS, to add more instruments and keep building your song
• Export a song idea to Mac so you can work on it in GarageBand or Logic Pro X as a full multi-track production
• Share to SoundCloud, YouTube and Apple Music Connect*
More details – http://www.apple.com/music-memos/