waverails is a modular path-based loop processor, inspired by avant-garde tape music and early electromechanical musical contraptions. Instead of recording, overdubbing and splicing together tape, waverails lets you splice, warp, blend and reverse audio (live input and/or samples) in real-time by using path-based modular components. waverails can be used as an audio processor or live performance tool to create effects and performances that aren’t easily replicated in real-time with traditional audio software and effects.
Lo-fi warped sound collages
Phased loops (just like your favorite 20th century minimalist composers!)
Chopped up real-time glitchy beats
Massive glittery ambience
Harmonic and rhythmic effects that transform input sounds into music
Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support (filter/effect port)
AudioShare support for importing custom samples
Control each modular component’s parameters in real time
Jump functionality lets you easily set cues and sync object positions and speeds
Fine grained or musical interval-based speed control
BPM control to match audio input tempo
Perform any task with a few taps, without needing any gestures/long presses.
No additional hardware or apps required, create new sounds using internal or imported samples
Info function to share and learn information about custom patches.
note: full patch editing and save functionality require in-app purchase
Here’s an interesting new release from Positive Grid, and something of a teaser for another drum app currently under development!
The World’s First Artificial Intelligence Drum App
Create full drum tracks with just a few finger taps! GoBeats has the most advanced artificial intelligence for drums – our artificial intelligence technology listens to your guitar playing and learns your song structure, BPM, time signature – it then gives you the best possible drum beats with the feel of a real drummer. It’s designed to help you create the music you ever wanted to, so now there are no excuses. GoBeats: Play. Tap. Ready.
– Smart drums: it learns your playing and automatically generates the proper drum pattern
– Easy to use: just tap on the recording icon and start playing, GoBeats will learn your playing
– Thousands of drum beats: it comes with thousands of different drum patterns
– Fully featured: you can adjust BPM, time signature, and drum feel
From the stage to the studio, Infinite Looper will let you capture musical ideas, and can provide the framework for songwriting, all in a single integrated app. Loop MIDI phrases easily, control six different instruments, and quickly assemble loops into full songs. Visit the Secret Base Design web site for details and demonstration videos.
* MIDI Looping
There are dozens of audio looping apps; Infinite Looper expands on this idea, allowing you to quickly select different synthesizers, and loop the MIDI to each with perfect synchronization. Each of the instruments can have up to eight simultaneous loops. The loops can be of different lengths, up to sixtyfour measures long.
* Internal SoundFont Engine
Built into the app is an extensive SoundFont library with hundreds of instruments, and multiple drum kits. Pianos, strings, guitar, brass, synthesizers — it’s all there. Everything you need to get going right away.
* Inter-App Audio
Infinite Looper can host IAA-compatible synth apps — take advantage of the wide range of innovative synths.
* MIDI In and Out
The app recognizes MIDI from other apps, over Bluetooth connections, and from hardware controllers. Secret Base Design is the developer of the innovative Apollo MIDI over Bluetooth — the first Bluetooth MIDI solution for iOS. We’re also partners in the musicIO app, which allows both audio and MIDI to be sent over an ordinary iOS sync cable. The app is built using the excellent MIDIbus library — the Secret Base Design team has been at the forefront of MIDI on iOS for years.
* More that just loops. Songs.
Built into the app is a loop sequencer — select different sets of loops for each section of a song, and the app will step through them automatically. You can build complex compositions, so that your songs evolve and breathe.
* MIDI Export
The iPad is an excellent music sketch pad, but it’s not the end of the road. Infinite Looper will export a MIDI file for a song, which can be loaded into professional desktop DAWs. Use your iPad to put together a demo, and then bring in the full set of studio tools to finish your masterpiece.
* Keyboards and Pads
The app features a responsive piano-style keyboard — adjust note velocity by touching towards the tops of the keys. And because on-screen keyboards can be hard to play, there’s also ten pages of programmable pads. You can quickly assign notes or chords to pads, making it easy to capture the progression for a song idea, and bring the whole thing into focus.
* Quantization and MIDI Latency
To lock down timing, you can toggle on quantization — or leave it off, for a loose, natural feeling. If you use external MIDI controllers, there can be latency in the MIDI messages — the app can time shift slight to account for the delay of Bluetooth connections or WiFi. And if you use an audio-to-MIDI converter app like MIDImorphosis, latency compensation can tighten up the timing.
* All the standards
Infinite Looper supports Ableton Link, making it easy to synchronize the app with other Link-enabled apps. There’s full support for Inter-App Audio and IAA MIDI, and Audiobus too.
* MIDI Learn
If you’re playing live, your hands might be busy with a keyboard or a guitar. With MIDI learn, you can control the app with a foot controller. Toggle on and off recording, switch tracks, and more. Infinite Looper is ready to be taken on stage, and used live.
* Import and Export
Easily share projects with friends using AirDrop, Dropbox, or by email.
* Take Notes
Want to jot down song lyrics, or details on a synthesizer or hardware setup? Infinite Looper projects include a text notepad, so you can capture whatever you need to!
Infinite Looper uses the Ableton Link library, the Audiobus library, and the MIDIbus library. Internal sounds are from the widely used SoundFont set by Christian Collins.
What’s New in Version 1.2
Added in scale-based keyboards; in addition to the standard piano layout, you can now select keyboards based on many popular scales, or customize the notes as you like. The keyboard can also be transposed easily.
A bug which could cause dropped or stuck notes when using the internal synthesizer has been fixed.
c3n loops is a remix instrument for DJs and producers. Navigate an infinite space to play loops and create compositions on the fly. You can improvise or prepare grooves for a performance. A radically different user interface leads to unexpected compositions and creative improvisations. Sync hardware and apps to c3n loops via MIDI sync. c3n loops also supports AudioBus.
57 high quality loops to get you started.
Interface optimised for iPad pro resolution.
Loops of different tempos are automatically adjusted to play in sync.
Number of loops in the space is limited only by the device flash memory capacity.
Import your own loops.
Shape the loop sound with resonant filters.
128 Concurrent stereo streams (64 on the iPad 2)
Support for multiple audio formats such as, wav, aif, caf, mp3, m4a.
Video tutorial included.
c3n loops adds a new dimension of expressiveness to your live performance!
For more details – http://www.c3n.se/
Soundboard Studio helps you take your podcast, live show, gig or performance to the next level. It’s a bulletproof professional soundboard app for instant track playback.
– Import tracks from your music library
– Import tracks & files from Dropbox
– Copy files from your favourite apps
– Switch between four boards
– Play multiple tracks simultaneously
– Loop individual tracks
– Customisable default track settings
– Drag-and-drop to rearrange tracks
– Voice presenters
– Live theatre
– School teachers
– Theme park live shows
– Wedding planners
– Stage Managers
– Church services
– Dance recitals
Soundboard Studio also makes it easy to see which tracks are playing, which tracks you have already played and even the current progress of any playing tracks. No other soundboard app comes close to the versatility, usability and experience of using Soundboard Studio.
For more details – http://soundboardstudio.com/
LooperSonic is a multi-track audio looper and recorder that will take your loops to the next level. Use it like a loop pedal to make loops, and then arrange those loops into complete songs with cut, copy, trim, paste, reverse, and undo/redo.
Record a loop by tapping the record button at the beginning and the end of the loop just as you would with a loop pedal. Or start the metronome and set your loop to count in for hands free looping. Change the loop points on the fly while recording new loops without stopping playback. You can also do straight recordings without looping.
Use cut, copy, trim, and paste to structure your loops and recordings into a song. Turn a loop into a backing track for a verse by duplicating a loop for a few bars. Merge tracks to make room for more recordings. Undo and redo recordings and edits up to 100 times.
When you change the tempo, the pitch changes along with it, like a record player. Use this to make a guitar sound like a bass, or to sing out of your range. Along with the reverse feature you can make some pretty cool effects.
Get audio in and out using Inter-App audio, AudioBus, and/or audio copy/paste. Share individual clips or a whole song mix with ease. Audio can be copied from song to song. Or a selection of clips can be mixed down and shared without stopping playback.
-Undo/Redo up to 100 times
-Inter-App Audio support
-Audio Copy/Paste from other apps
-Change pitch and tempo like a record player
-Track volume, and mute/solo
-Join multiple clips (bounce)
-Supports 4/4, 3/4, and 6/8 time signatures
-Sharing is super easy
LooperSonic makes loops the same way a loop pedal does and just like a loop pedal, it requires precise timing to make a good loop. All sounds in LooperSonic are created by the user. For the best experience, make sure to wear headphones.
Music Memos is the easiest way for songwriters to capture and organise new musical ideas. Use your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to record acoustic guitar, piano, voice or any musical instrument as high-quality, uncompressed audio. Then name, tag and rate your ideas to start building a library of all your favourite new song parts and riffs. Music Memos automatically detects your tempo, rhythmic feel and chords, and lets you instantly hear your musical idea accompanied by a rhythm section with realistic drums and bass. View the chords you’ve played, add comments and lyrics, or share your recordings with friends or directly to Apple Music Connect.* And it’s easy to take your favourite ideas into GarageBand, so you can add more instruments and continue building your song.
Quickly capture musical ideas
• Easily record any musical idea using a simple interface
• Instantly listen to your recorded song ideas with a virtual drummer and bass player, who follow along like a live band in the room
• Adjust the groove and sound of the drum or bass using simple and intuitive controls, to hear your song idea in different ways
• Tune your guitar with a built-in instrument tuner
Build a library of song ideas
• Name any song idea, or delete unwanted recordings
• Tag your song ideas to help you find them later — using keywords like verse, chorus, mellow and energetic — or add your own customised tags
• Rate your song idea with 1–5 stars to help you identify your favourites
• Supports iCloud Drive so your library of song ideas are always safe and available across all your iOS devices
View, edit and document your song ideas
• Automatically analyses the music you played, and displays musical measures and suggested chord names
• Rename or provide further detail for any chord names throughout your song
• The drum and bass performances adapt immediately to match any chord and rhythm edits
• Trim away any unwanted parts from the beginning and end of your recording
• Keep track of comments, lyric ideas, alternate guitar tunings or capo position
Share your new song
• Use iCloud Drive to make your song ideas available across all your iOS devices
• Email any song idea to a friend, to share your music or to collaborate with other musicians
• Quickly open your idea in GarageBand for iOS, to add more instruments and keep building your song
• Export a song idea to Mac so you can work on it in GarageBand or Logic Pro X as a full multi-track production
• Share to SoundCloud, YouTube and Apple Music Connect*
More details – http://www.apple.com/music-memos/
Create entire songs with complex verse, bridge and chorus structures then switch between them in real time.
Build intricate layers and construct brilliant textured soundscapes with limitless overdubbing and perfectly synchronised loops.
Jam along with ‘Drummer’, a realistic drum machine with a comprehensive collection of styles and beats to choose from.
– Record and loop your voice or instrument.
– Group together loops and create multiple sections (e.g. Verse, Bridge, Chorus).
– Record and switch between groups in real time.
– ‘Master group’ for loops that play throughout your song. Great for drums and percussion.
– Realtime effects including reverb, delay and audio filters.
– Add effects to any loop or the audio input.
– COUNT IN – Keep your hands free and let Group the Loop count you in to record.
– Drummer – Jam along to a comprehensive collection of grooves and beats.
– AudioShare compatible – Import and export loops via AudioShare.
– Limitless overdubbing.
– Undo / redo overdub layers.
– Fully customisable metronome.
– Adjust volume and pan for each loop or group.
– Label loops.
– Record in multiples of your first loop or the session clock.
– Headphone monitoring. Monitor your instrument through your headphones.
– CUE – Automatically start and stop recording loops.
– No CUE – Instant and continuous recording whilst still keeping your loops in perfect sync.
– Record your song/performance in real time then share it with the world.
– Move loops between groups.
– Merge two loops and free up space.
– Sample accurate recording to keep your loops in perfect sync.
– High resolution waveform display for every loop.
– Plug in an audio interface and connect directly to a PA or amplifier.
– Plug in a MIDI foot pedal and control Group the Loop with your feet.
Designed in the style of a familiar pedal box for effortless, uncomplicated, no fuss operation, Ostinator is a single track stereo phrase looper focused on hands free control during live performance. Use it to create anything from long loops to short decaying echoes. Crossfading options enable creation of seamless drones and overdubbing offers undoable “sound on sound” layering. All performance controls are available on a single screen but Ostinator’s main strength is painless remote control while it runs in the background.
– AudioBus and Inter-App Audio compatible.
– Supports AudioCopy, AudioShare and “Open In…”
– Audio file import & export via iTunes.
– Hands free operation using a MIDI controller.
– MIDI assignable to every performance parameter.
– Optional, adjustable crossfading for seamless loops.
– Adjustable fade out time when playback stops.
– Adjustable loop feedback for infinite looping or echoes.
– Re-trigger mode, loops can be restarted.
– Prerecorded loops can be loaded with MIDI program change.
– Up to 12 minutes of stereo recording time.
– Get up and running quickly with onscreen help.
– Built-in PDF Manual.
A NOTE FOR PROSPECTIVE PURCHASERS
Loops can be loaded, triggered and recorded remotely using MIDI controls (i.e. from footpedals or a sequencer). Tempo based looping is possible by sending the appropriate trigger messages but Ostinator is focused on simple manual control for live performers and as such does not provide any slicing, timestretch or pitch changing functions.
Ostinator is tested as thoroughly as possible and we hope there are no bugs left! If you do find one please report it to us rather than writing a negative review because of it. Email email@example.com with a simple description. We hate bugs too and we’re always ready to stamp them out quickly!
More details – http://www.livingmemorysoftware.com/
If you happen to find an English translation of what the app is for let us know……
Here’s a video teaser of the main features –
If your Japanese is pretty good, the details can be found here – http://www.m-tank.jp/klang2/#pagetop