-Virtual Midi (Supports sending MIDI to other apps)
-Synchronous playback/record CC’s and Notes (so song stays in sync)
-Sends and Receives MIDI Clock, Start, Stop and Continue events
-Scales (built in and custom)
-Undo / redo for most actions
-On screen keyboard interface
-Sending/Receiving any Envelopes, Note On, Note Off, Pitch Bend, Aftertouch, Program change, Channel Pressure and CC’s
-Export and Import of midi, kar, wmf files
-And very, very comfortable midi editor!
IMPORTANT: ProMidi does does not produce any sounds by itself and does not include a sound engine or synth. Some external MIDI gear or other music apps that support virtual midi connections are required to use this app.
MidiPatterns is a multitrack, pattern-oriented, MIDI step sequencer. You can use it as a simple drum machine, or to handle complex multi-timbral, polyphonic scores, controlling multiple hardware and software synthesizers at once. Please note that MidiPatterns does not generate sounds by itself.
• virtually unlimited number of polyphonic midi tracks(*) per document
• output to multiple MIDI devices, directly connected or linked through a network
• virtually unlimited number of patterns(*) per document, each with a size variable between 1 and 256 steps and specific time signature settings
• each step in a track can send volume plus 8 midi controller messages
• randomizing capabilities to improve expressiveness: notes properties (velocity, duration, probability, swing) and step controller messages can be set to change subtly and randomly during playback
• patterns can be assembled in variable length sequences
• imports and exports MIDI files(*)
• MIDI clock synchronization, both as master and as slave
• articulated mute and solo configuration
• powerful, interactive quick help mode
• tap tempo function
• metronome precount and sound options
• virtual input and output MIDI devices
• variable score grid size
(*) The ability to manage an unlimited number of tracks, patterns and sequences and the midi file import and export feature require in-app purchases.
For more details – http://www.afarello.com/p/midipatterns.html
Send Midi notes or commands over the Wifi.
This version has no Ads
*Midi device not included. Only Midi devices Class Compliant are supported. If you don’t know if it’s supported use first the free version with Ads.
*In order to connect a USB midi device an Camera Connection Kit or an Lighting to USB cameras Adaptor. Not included
*Midi over Wifi may have higher latency and it’s no warranted. If you need lower latency test before and use under your own risk
Developer: Daniel Vilas Perulan
Rated: 4+Price: $0.99 Download Here
From a few simple elements complexity can arise. Fifth Degree is a MIDI sequencer based on a simple concept: loop around the musical circle of fifths in key and tweak the performance parameters live. You can use it to create a mesmerising loop and change the way it plays or use it as a base while you improvise alongside it with another instrument. You can even use it as a convenient loop of notes while you try out different sound patches on your synthesizer.
• Lean user interface that gathers the essential performance controls on the main screen.
• Fixed sequence of notes (ascending circle of fifths).
• Clearly displays the notes in the key and scale you select.
• Outputs to CoreMIDI output ports (virtual, network and physical).
• Keeps sending MIDI while in the background.
• Can send MIDI notes and MIDI clock, so other apps can choose to synchronise.
Fifth Degree is a MIDI sequencer app supporting any CoreMIDI output: virtual MIDI, MIDI over Wi-Fi and CoreMIDI compatible hardware interfaces. Since it is a sequencer it does not generate sounds on its own, so use it with your favourite CoreMIDI-compatible sound generation app or hardware.
Fifth Degree was developed for the 2014 KVR Developer Challenge. It is powered by the MidiBus library from Audeonic.
Unity Live is designed for live performance with an external MIDI controller. Create set list using the hundreds of high-quality Unity sound banks in splits and layers. Purchase addition Unity sounds on the store page.
Each sound may be edited via knobs for transpose, coarse, fine, volume, and pan as well as per-algorithm specific sound controllers, routing amounts, and modulator parameters. Up to ten sound controllers per-algorithm can be controlled, for example, oscillator frequencies, volumes, and pans, as well as filter cutoffs, and resonances.
Complete undo and redo support.
Manage your application documents easy. Each document is a list of setups (two sounds with splits and/or layers) for a live performance. Multiple document support makes organizing your favorite sounds (with edits!) very easily.
Existing ‘Unity Synthesizer’ owners will be able to transfer their current purchase over to ‘Unity Live’ without cost.
Audiobus support. iOS 7 Inter-App Audio support for use with applications like GarageBand on your iOS device.
Developer: Steve O'Connell
Universal MIDI interface for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Mac/PC
Introducing iRig MIDI 2, the first Lightning/USB compatible mobile MIDI interface that works with all generations of iOS devices as well as Mac and PC. It features everything you loved about iRig MIDI but with even greater pocketability, connectivity and control. Simply put, it’s the perfect MIDI solution for the musician on the move.
Compatibility is key
As we’ve said, iRig MIDI 2 is the first portable MIDI interface that’s compatible with Apple’s Lightning cable. This, however, does not come at the expense of universal support. At the center of iRig MIDI 2 is its detachable Mini-DIN connector, which lets you attach a Lightning (included), USB (included) or 30-pin cable (sold separately) depending on the mobile device or computer that you’d like to use. Now you have the flexibility to use MIDI with whatever device you want, anytime, and anywhere.
It’s all about the connections
iRig MIDI 2 is small, but it can be made even smaller when all of its cables are detached. Because of its Mini-DIN connector, you can remove all cables for extreme portability: Now you have something that you can easily carry with you in your pocket to any gig, performance, studio or jam session. In addition, all iRig MIDI 2 cables are bumper friendly, which means you can connect and start jamming without having to remove your mobile device’s protective carrying case.
Mobile MIDI like never before
Like iRig MIDI before it, iRig MIDI 2 features three MIDI ports: IN, OUT and THRU. But this time around the ports are standard-sized and require no adaptor or special cable to use — in fact, you can use any standard MIDI cable you’d like. These ports give you all the control and connectivity that MIDI allows: Use the IN port to use external keyboards and controllers to play your favorite software sound modules and synthesizers. Use the OUT port to control external hardware or synthesizers from your mobile device or computer. And you can use the THRU port to send MIDI data to multiple instruments at once. Monitoring MIDI data with iRig MIDI 2 is easy, it comes with two LEDs that give you an at-a-glance readout of the note data as it passes through the IN and OUT ports.
A whole suite of apps
With iRig MIDI 2, you get more than just a supremely portable MIDI interface; you also get a full suite of music creation apps. As soon as you open the box you’ll be ready to go. iOS users get two of IK’s most popular mobile apps: SampleTank FREE is a sound and groove workstation filled with hundreds of high-quality instruments and patterns. iGrand Piano FREE is a concert-quality piano app that puts world-class piano sounds at your fingertips. And Mac and PC users can enjoy the full creative power of SampleTank 3 SE, a free version of IK’s next generation SampleTank 3 desktop sound workstation. Beyond all that’s included, iRig MIDI 2 works with all MIDI-compatible Mac and PC software as well as the entire spectrum of Core MIDI apps for iOS such as GarageBand, Cubasis, Beat Maker 2, Auria and many more.
A legacy of superior Italian design
iRig MIDI 2 has been designed and manufactured in Modena, Italy — a city famous for high-performance Italian industrial design. Like all IK products, it’s been through rigorous quality testing to ensure the utmost in dependability — iRig MIDI 2 is housed in a durable rubberized enclosure designed to last performance after performance and gig after gig. IK Multimedia uses only the best components, materials and processes to create solid, smartly manufactured products at an affordable price.
- Universal MIDI interface for Lightning iOS devices as well as all prior generations of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch plus Mac and PC
- Ultra-portable, pocket-sized form factor that you can take with you anywhere
- Detachable bumper-friendly cables for seamless, universal connectivity
- Lighting connector and USB cable included, 30-pin cable available separately
- Standard-sized MIDI IN, OUT and THRU ports
- MIDI IN/OUT LED indicators for at-a-glance monitoring of MIDI data transmission
- Draws power from host device instead of a bulky power adaptor
- Comes with a powerful suite of music creation apps SampleTank Free, iGrand Piano FREE and SampleTank 3 SE
- Elegant and durable rubberized enclosure
- Designed and made in Modena, Italy
n-Keyboards lets you play two instruments at once, going from acoustic sounds like piano or violin to modern ones like synthesizers and sound effects.
You can choose among the many sounds included (over 100) or you can connect two external Apps via Interapp or Midi, using n-Keyboards as a controller.
n-Keyboards can also be played as an Interapp instrument within other applications, or it can send audio to Audiobus compatible applications.
• Audiobus support
• Interapp (load external InterApp Instruments or to play the app inside an external host)
• “Linked” mode to play the same notes at the same time on the two keyboards
• “Hold monophonic”, “Hold polyphonic” and “Sustain” keyboard mode
• Keyboard Zoom and Scroll
• Pitch wheel
• MIDI input and output
• Built-in Metronome
• Presets savings
• Polyphony voices setting (into the device general settings)
Midiflow allows you to send MIDI from app to app in a similar way to what you already do with audio. That way, you can sync apps with each other or send MIDI parts from a sequencer app to different synth apps. You can also route the MIDI from your keyboard to apps and assign different key zones to them. Furthermore, all MIDI transfer can be monitored in order to find problems or just to learn what MIDI is doing (normally) behind the scenes.
App home page – http://www.midiflow.com/
TC-Data is a MIDI and OSC (Open Sound Control) controller that sends messages to other apps and hardware. The app has over 300 multi-touch and device motion controllers and triggers which can be assigned to any MIDI or OSC message output. TC-Data is not a synthesizer, but it is designed to control them, plus any other MIDI or OSC software.
With TC-Data, you create your own interface to send the gestures and touch motions you choose. There are no sliders, knobs, or buttons. TC-Data directly connects your touch movements to the outputs you program.
Create MIDI notes, CC, pitch bend, patch change, and aftertouch messages with totally unique multi-touch controllers. Or send values directly to your program of choice via OSC, where you can build your own project using TC-Data as the front-end.
• Inter-app control via CoreMIDI
• OSC over Wi-Fi
• Support for external MIDI interfaces
• MIDI input passthrough
• Virtual MIDI output
• MIDI over Bluetooth via 3rd party apps
• Fully assignable touch controllers
• Gyroscope and accelerometer motion control
• 300+ controllers and triggers
TC-Data is based on TC-11, an all-in-one multi-touch synthesizer. TC-Data takes the multi-touch controllers from TC-11 and opens them up to any external software. Add multi-touch gestural control to your next project with TC-Data.
Check out this cool teaser video promo -
The best MIDI controller is the one that you have with you. Double Decker transforms an ordinary Bluetooth keyboard into a sophisticated MIDI controller, giving you a much bigger playing surface, while still being portable. The app is designed to work with US/English keyboards; the key arrangement for other languages may not be compatible.
** There are a few important limitations to be aware of! We would recommend reading the in-depth review of the app on Music App Blog, which gives a good overview of the features and limitations.
On iOS, an app can only receive keystrokes from a QWERTY keyboard when it is in the foreground. For this reason, Double Decker must be in the foreground to work; this is a limitation of iOS, and there is no way that we can work around it. The app is designed to send MIDI notes to other apps (running in the background), or MIDI to apps running in the foreground on other devices.
The iOS operating system only makes key press information available to apps, and not key release. For this reason, Double Decker cannot make a QWERTY keyboard operate like a typical (piano) keyboard.
Press a key on the Bluetooth keyboard to trigger a note. When you touch another key, the first note is silenced as the next note is played.
Tapping the space bar will silence all sounding notes. While it would obviously be better if lifting up on a key silenced a note, iOS does not provide this functionality for app developers.
The app features a state-of-the-art Soundfont engine, advanced MIDI routing capability, support for Apollo MIDI over Bluetooth, and even Audiobus!
The keys are arranged with the two middle rows in a piano-style formation. Play a second instrument using the bottom row of keys, and two more instruments using the number keys and punctuation. Each key can be configured to trigger either a single note or a chord.
A second arrangement of the keyboard divides things into four grids, four-by-four each. This is great for finger drumming, and triggering samples and sequences.
Double Decker supports Soundfonts, opening up a world of different tones. The app also has full support for MIDI, giving almost unlimited sonic potential. Using the MIDI Learn feature in apps such as Loopy and Genome, you can start and stop recording, play synthesizers, and switch tracks, all with a Bluetooth keyboard.
If you have multiple iOS devices, you can link them together using the low latency connection provided by Apollo MIDI over Bluetooth. Run Double Decker in the foreground on one device to catch keystrokes, and then send MIDI to a second device, which can have a synthesizer or sequencer app in the foreground.
Key features of the app are the following:
* Innovative use of an external keyboard to trigger notes.
* Keyboard arranged into two groups, each with four different playing regions.
* Each region can be assigned a Soundfont patch, a set of MIDI destinations, or both.
* Soundfonts can be added using “open in” or iTunes file sharing.
* Each key in each region is configurable as either a note or a chord, with independent velocity control.
* Key configurations can be saved as presets, shared through email, or downloaded from the web.
* The app supports the Audiobus “input” slot.
* Built-in support as a Apollo MIDI over Bluetooth “A” endpoint.