Midi Studio is a modular MIDI control surface for iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad. It supports sending CoreMidi messages over a Wi-Fi network using the UDP protocol for sending and receiving MIDI messages. The application allows to remote control and receive feedback from software and hardware that implement the MIDI protocols such as Apple Logic Pro/Express, Ableton Live, Max for Live, Cubase, Pro Tools, FL Loops and many others. The interface provides a number of different touch controls to send and receive messages: Faders / Rotary controls / Encoder controls / Push buttons / Toggle buttons / XY pads / LEDs / Labels, etc.
Midi Studio Features:
-[Ability to create custom layouts]
-[USB adapters, like "Apple camera connection kit", etc], with original Apple’s pc to iPhone/iPod cable it will not work!
-[True Velocity Sensitive ] (with the force of impact)
-[Different Keys Size]
-[Custom Key Scale] – (Like: Major, Minor, Klezmer, etc…)
In Pro version:
-Ability to create custom layouts – free
-Keyboard Layout – free
-Drums Layouts – free
-Drums 4×4 – free
-All XY Pads – free
-Live Pad – free
-Mixer – free
-CD PLAYER layout – Built-in purchase only
-VINYL PLAYER layout – Built-in purchase only
-DJ MIXER layout – Built-in purchase only
-Surface and Transport Layouts (DAW CONTROL) – Built-in purchase only
-Live Drums Layout – Built-in purchase only
MIDI Pattern Sequencer is a tool with powerful and at the same time very comfortable, intuitive and easy interface. It is the main feature, through which the sequencer can easily used by anyone, from beginner to professional, and everyone will find it most necessary for their own purposes.
The sequencer does not produce the sound. It is designed to control via MIDI any external sound modules, samplers, synthesizers and other applications running on iPad or another computer. Full support for external MIDI interfaces, network and virtual ports, synchronization with external devices and transport control makes this sequencer like playback control center for music devices or other applications.
The best things:
● Indispensable tool in creation of final composition or experiments with rhythm and phrase patterns.
● User interface is designed so that all features of the current mode are available immediately or through one or two steps.
● Can be operated with one hand, even with one finger, in any place of your workspace to which you can reach.
● Does not have complicated gestures, very small elements which are inconvenient for clicks, clumsy scrolling and distracting realistic interface elements. Just only single click and move fader.
● Classical data structure: Project – Song – Pattern.
● Four main control modes – Transport, Keyboard, Edit pattern, Edit cell.
● No need to save data. All changes will be saved automatically.
● Pattern tracks can be configured for notes or drum events.
● Real-time recording and editing patterns.
● Recording and editing events through internal keyboard or external devices.
● Playback one or more patterns at once. Start and stop patterns during playback.
● Changes pattern events (Transposition, Velocity, Duration) during playback.
● Editing individual events or changes all events in track.
● Length of pattern is defined by last note or can be set to fixed value.
● Correct simultaneous playback patterns with different length.
● Each pattern and song track have individual mute/solo function.
● Song can contain patterns from current project and patterns from any other projects.
● Extended set of editing functions for patterns and songs – insert, delete, move and scroll a single event or entire track.
● Ability to set track titles, pattern titles (pattern button titles) and drum pad titles.
● Set of different color schemes of interface.
● Full support of all external MIDI interfaces based on CoreMIDI (like iRig, MIDI Mobilizer II, StudioConnect, iConnectMIDI, IO dock, Camera Connection Kit).
● Each track can be configured for output to any MIDI channel (or more channels) and different devices.
● Creating virtual MIDI port for connect to internal iPad applications (like PPG Wave, SampleTank and others).
● Synchronization with external device that send MIDI clock.
● Send own MIDI clock to external devices and applications as master device.
● Send transport commands Start/Stop/Continue to external devices.
● Controlled by external transport commands Start/Stop/Continue.
● Internal metronome on standard audio output.
● Metronome can start at recording only or at playback and recording.
● Metronome can start immediately or within one or two measures before.
● MIDI console displays all input MIDI messages in convenient form.
● Activity indicator shows channels of incoming MIDI messages.
● Displays external BPM value and status of synchronization.
The Arpeggionome Pro is a professional MIDI controller designed specifically for iPad 2+. With the Arpeggionome Pro, you design and perform intricate patterns of musical notes at incredible speeds and with precise control.
ARPEGGIONOME VS ARPEGGIONOME PRO
The Arpeggionome Pro is the professional version of its predecessor, the Arpeggionome. The Arpeggionome Pro features a redesigned interface, a robust MIDI implementation, parameter-change quantization, and much more.
For a detailed side-by-side comparison, please see www.alexandernaut.com/arpeggionome-vs-arpeggionome-pro.
A ROCK-SOLID MIDI IMPLEMENTATION
The Arpeggionome Pro’s MIDI implementation is finely tuned to control external MIDI devices, digital audio workstations (such as Ableton Live, Logic, and Pro Tools), and other iOS MIDI Applications (such as GarageBand, Animoog, and DM1).
Compatible MIDI Connections:
• Virtual MIDI ports of other iOS MIDI applications
• ‘Core MIDI’ compatible hardware interfaces
• MIDI over WiFi
• MIDI over Bluetooth
MIDI Output Features Include:
• Send MIDI on any of 16 channels
• Select between four Note Gate Modes (Manual, Mono, Legato, and Legato+)
• Control Note Velocity with Knob or Accelerometer
• Control Note Gate with Knob or Accelerometer
• Transmit MIDI CC Messages with Accelerometer
• Transmit Pitchbend Messages with Accelerometer
• Transmit MIDI CC and Pitchbend on any channel
• Adjustable data-range of Accelerometer-controlled messages
MIDI Input Features Include:
• MIDI Time Clock synchronization.
• Externally set the Arpeggionome Pro’s pattern with a MIDI keyboard.
• Externally set the Arpeggionome Pro’s pattern with Program Change messages.
• Quantize the Arpeggionome Pro’s first note to external MIDI Source.
DESIGN AN ARPEGGIO FROM SCRATCH…
The Performance Matrix is the Arpeggionome Pro’s main interface component.
• Touch any Control Point in the Performance Matrix to trigger the notes in the pattern.
• Move your finger left and right to set the reference-note of the pattern.
• Move your finger up and down to set the pattern’s rate
• Control up to 240 notes per second, nearly 15,000 notes per minute.
Six button-matrices and eight touch-knobs are used to design the Arpeggionome Pro’s pattern.
• Key – sets the musical key
• Scale – sets the musical scale
• Notes – sets the number of unique notes
• Step Distance – sets the distance between each note
• Notes Style – sets how the pattern moves between notes
• Alignment – sets how the pattern is justified from the reference-note
• Octave Range – sets the starting and ending octaves of the pattern
• Octave Style – sets how the pattern moves between octaves
• Rates – set the pattern’s rate to 50% or 25%.
• Octave Offset – shift the pattern’s starting octave
• Note Offset – shifts the pattern’s starting note
• Velocity – sets MIDI Note Velocity for each note triggered
• Gate – changes the length of each note triggered
• Tempo – sets the global tempo
The button-matrices and touch-knobs are also designed for performance.
• Button-matrices set on touch-down events
• Group 1 Touch-Knobs (Key, Scale, Rates, Octave, and Note) set on touch-up events
• Group 2 Touch-Knobs (Velocity, Gate, and Tempo) continuously set
… OR USE A PRESET
The Arpeggionome Pro includes a Pattern Library with a wide selection of presets. You can also save your own patterns to the Pattern Library. Additionally, eight pattern-buttons and two arrow-buttons provide quick access to the Pattern Library, enabling you to change and save patterns while performing.
• A simple built-in synthesizer
• Beautiful and informative visual feedback
• Integrated documentation
• Backup, restore, and transfer patterns between devices via iTunes File Sharing.
Sonic Logic is a modular MIDI controller allowing you to edit and control MIDI controller setups from your iPad.
Control Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Cubase, Protools, Traktor, and other popular DAWs right from your iPad.
Sonic Logic uses CoreMIDI to send MIDI signals so you can even hook it up to hardware synths using and iPad to MIDI cable.
Edit on your iPad! Super easy interface to create, edit, control, manipulate, assign MIDI controllers and notes live, using touch gestures. (No external editor needed).
Add Buttons, switches, toggle buttons, XY pads, sliders and text objects.
Their look and feel is meant to emulate real life controls, with real feedback.
* Create your MIDI controller easily from your iPad.
* Edit component’s color, size, MIDI channel and controller number.
* Time advancing gestures for buttons, create a timed MIDI transition from 0 to 127 with just a press of a button.
* Control everything with multi touch.
* Snap to middle feature on sliders.
* Built in, editable templates.
* iCloud support, always stay synced with all your setups on any device.
* Low latency.
Connect you iPad over Wi-Fi connection to your Mac, or connect if using an iPad to MIDI cable to any MIDI interface.
(Windows users – 3rd party software exists for Windows to connect Sonic Logic to it over Wi-Fi).
For more details – Click here
Mode Machines MIDI Keyboard
Based on the critically-acclaimed instrument MUZA and brought to you by a famous analog synthesizers manufacturer “Mode Machines”.
This app is a musical scale-based MIDI keyboard. You can use it with connected hardware interfaces or via Wi-Fi.
Choose Major or Minor scale, select the root, midi channels and adjust velocity curve. Also you have pitch and modulation wheels. You’ll be surprised how easy it is to play music!
Developer: Andrey Smetanin
It has taken almost 12 months and over a dozen minor updates since it launched, but the modular MIDI & OSC control surface, TB MIDI Stuff has reached v.2.0.0, and there are some great new features.
What’s New in Version 2.0.0
Entirely rebuilt, TB MIDI Stuff v2.0 adds a lot of new features like :
- Universal App (can open TB MIDI Tiny Stuff pages)
- Up to 128 pages can be opened at the same time (even on iPad 1st Gen !!!), organized on a 2D pages canvas
- Visual Control Selector
- Variables (Application, Page, User and Control)
- Brand New Controls : Pick List and Piano Keyboard (with Arpeggiator Track on each)
- Full RGB colors on controls
- Custom Image Backgrounds
- Custom Tooltips on Sliders
- Gyroscope support with compatible devices (Pitch/Roll simulation on iPad 1)
“midi keyboard” is an application for professional musicians or students including:
- two independent GM/GS midi keyboards with 9 octaves (with independent octaves for each keyboard)
- MIDI Player for playing midi files ( .mid – with local archive of midi files )
- reverb and distortion sound effects (can be used together and with each generated sound)
- sustain pedal
- soundfonts archive
To generate the sounds “midi Keyboard” uses the soundfonts GM/GS (files with extension .sf2 / .sf / .dls ).
The application is compatible with the existing soundfonts, you can:
- load and use the soundfonts files in real time
- store in the local “midi Keyboard” archive an infinite number of professional soundfonts, free downloadable from the web (the soundfonts can be also purchased from third parties)
Examples of free soundfonts that can be downloaded from the web are: FluidR3_GM.sf2 , PC51f.sf2 , Unison.SF2 , GeneralUser GS MuseScore v1.44.sf2 , TimGM6mb.sf2, etc…
“midi Keyboard” also gives you the ability to store, read and listen your midi files ( .mid ) using the integrated MIDI Player of “midi keyboard”.
During playback of midi files ( .mid ) you can play a melody using the two independent keyboards of “midi Keyboard” (keyboards sounds + MIDI Player sounds together).
You can also listen the midi files, stored in the “midi keyboard” archive, during a live performance with the ability to change the midi sounds in realtime.
With “midi keyboard” you will have the sensation of using two professional midi keyboards.
- 2 independent midi keyboards with 9 octaves each (with independent octaves for each keyboard)
- archive of soundfonts GM/GS
- an infinite number of sounds (loadable from soundfonts)
- general midi sounds list
- archive of midi files
- MIDI player (can be used as background music for live performances)
- sustain pedal
- 128 midi sounds + midi percussion included in the application
- soundfonts and midi file remote sharing (cloud)
- UNIVERSAL APP (you pay only once and runs on iPad, on iPhone classic and iPhone 5)
- iOS 6 tested
MIDI TimeCode realtime display shows the realtime running timecode code from any CoreMIDI compatible devices including:
- Digital Audio Workstations
- External MIDI TimeCode sources
Shows TimeCode and Frames rate
Offers a realtime large display that can by used as a time referance
Useful for studio engineers and others
MIDI MACHINE CONTROL
A MULTITRACK TAPE Remote Control, for DAW or Physical MMC Tape Machines
Runs CoreMIDI over Wireless and Hardware
— In NORMAL mode —
Acts as a Controller for MIDI Machine Controllable Devices or applications
uses CoreMIDI to send MMC Command messages.
Will control any Hardware MMC Device or Software MMC applications, sequencer
— In VIRTUAL (INTERNAL) mode —
Simulates a Virtual MIDI Machine Device, generating QF MTC and MMC messages that can be controlled via MIDI Machine Controller messages
works with any coreMIDI compliant hardware interfaces
Developer: Dyslexia Software Ltd
Turn your iOS device into a MIDI controller!
Just connect it to your PC or Mac using the free TapServer software and start being creative in your favorite applications.
Send virtually every kind of MIDI signal.
It’s compatible with any application that accepts MIDI input such as GarageBand, Apple Logic, Ableton Live or pretty much anything else you would like to use it with.
Completely customizable interface.
You can add new controls, move them around, scale them and assign any MIDI signal to them to build the perfect layout for your needs.
For full details, and to download the server software head here - http://tapmidi.com/