M32-MIX remote control and offline editing software provides comprehensive control over all mixing and routing functions of your MIDAS M32 consoles right from the convenience of your iPad®.
From on-stage monitoring sound checks, preamp and channel processing control, to editing the console’s onboard effects racks, the M32-MIX app allows the operator to control the M32 with unlimited flexibility and ease of use.
M32-MIX gives you the freedom to move about the venue, in order to achieve the maximum performance of your system. Just connect the iPad to your wireless network and assign a static IP address to all consoles wired to that network. The M32-MIX app will connect to that IP address showing the type of console while connecting. No additional hardware, no computer and all extremely easy. M32-MIX unleashes an abundance of remote functionality for the MIDAS M32 series of digital mixing consoles.
* Control over Input Levels, incl. Preamp Gain, Low Cut, Phase, Phantom Power
* Configure the LCD Scribble Strips, incl. colors, icons and names
* EQ-curve control for fine-tuning the equalisation from anywhere in the room
* Metering overviews with all levels at a glance
* Individual input channel Sends to all buses
* Sends on Faders feature for rapid stage monitoring setup from your iPad
* Detailed editing of channel preamp, gate, dynamics, equaliser, bus sends and LCD scribble strips
* Complete editing of M32 onboard effects rack
* Scene management and control functions
* Routing to Behringer ULTRANET P16 personal monitoring system
* 6 aux, 2 USB recorder and 8 effects returns levels
* 16 aux bus, 6 Matrix, Master LCR and 8 DCA levels
* Mute lock-out feature prevents accidental muting
* Connect multiple iPads® simultaneously
* Compatible with any iPad running iOS 6.0 or higher
* Requires a wireless router connected to the M32
* M32-Mix 2.2 requires M32 console firmware V2.07 or higher to be installed on the console
Some 3 years after it first appeared as the pioneering multitrack DAW for iPad, Meteor, has gone down the same path as Auria and now offers a ‘lite’ version with some scaled back features by default. This keeps the asking price down, and should you happen to need things like MIDI support and audio editing, you can still access these features through optional in app purchases. Read on for a refresher on what this full scale DAW offers –
Meteor is a digital multi-track recorder DAW designed specifically for the iPad, featuring up to 32 high quality audio or MIDI tracks, complete with built in Mixer and Multi-FX Processor.
•Record up to 12 tracks (upgradable to 32) of CD quality audio.
•Integrated 32 channel Mixer with 3 Band EQ per channel.
•Supports up to 24 Inputs and Outputs
•Midi Editor (In-App) Edit MIDI Note and Controllers
•Sound Cloud, DropBox, and Copy & Paste Support.
•Apple Inter App Audio (IAA).
•Import & Export Midi Files (In-App Required).
•MIDI Clock Sync with External Hardware.
•Integrated Sample Editor.
•3 Insert Effects Per Track.
•3 Global Send Effect Busses
•Insert Effect and Virtual Instrument Freeze facility to reduce CPU load.
•Record Effects & Record Monitor
•Mixer and Effect Automation
•Stereo Mixdown / Bounce Facility
•Import samples and iPod songs.
•Export to compressed CAF, M4A and WAV formats
•Automatic Delay Compensation
•In-App Purchases through the Online Shop found in the Help Menu
Editor features include cut, copy, paste, fade in/out. clear, reverse, gain, normalize, remove DC offset, time stretch, pitch shift and basic auto tune.
Effects include digital delay, chorus / flanger, reverb, graphic equalizer, auto tune, noise gate, tremelo, tone boost, distortion and many more.
The Mixer and effect levels can be fully automated using definable controller tracks.
Great tool for journalists, With The Video Import In-App you can import a video and Edit, Create and Export the Video and Soundtrack. Great for reporting on the go.
Supports up to 32 tracks on a 4th generation iPad (or later), 24 tracks on a 2nd or 3rd generation when used in conjunction with the In-App 12-32 Track Upgrade.
NOTE: This version of Meteor does does not include MIDI support, the WAVE Editor, or simultaneous multi-track recording which are available in the full version. You can however purchase these as In-Apps to give the same functionality of its bigger brother.
More than just a mixer, the Alesis iO MIX is a four-channel audio interface that delivers safe and secure iPad integration. Together, your iPad and iO MIX serve up a totally integrated recording studio that can accompany you down the street—or around the world. Simply slide in your iPad, attach the 30-pin or Lightning dock connector, and lift the hinged door into position. Your iPad is now safe and secure in a road-ready package that offers unlimited access to the multi-touch screen. Load up your iPad with any compatible Core Audio app—including GarageBand—and your studio is open for business.
- Record up to four channels at once—individually, or as a stereo mix
- 4 mixer channels; each with pan, level, peak LED indicator, plus Hi and Lo EQ
- The multi-touch color iPad display provides extensive control
- 4 XLR+1/4″ combo inputs feature low-cut filters and gain controls
- Phantom power, switchable for use with condenser microphones
- Guitar/line level switch on Channel 1 allows direct guitar or bass recording
- Main stereo outputs with level control; headphone output with separate level
- Direct mode for latency-free input monitoring while recording
- Core Audio-compliant: works with virtually any audio app in the App Store
- Hinged door completely encloses and protects your iPad
- Power supply also charges your iPad
- iO Mix
- Power supply
- Apple 30-pin dock connector
- Apple Lightning dock connector
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
For more details on pricing and availability – https://www.alesis.com/io-mix
I am totally blow away by this new app! It may not be affordable for everyone, but if you work with microphones in a professional studio/live stage environment on a daily basis, this would surely be an indespensible tool!… If you’ve purchased it, I’d love to hear your thoughts on how the app runs and what are the pros and cons…..Read on for the official blurb -
Arapolarmic is an innovative tool for the professional audio industry for monitoring the directivity of microphones and have a database with its technical characteristics (miclibrary) always with you.
Arapolarmic makes possible for the first time the visualization of the microphone and its polar pattern, integrated within its audio environment (microphone set and sound sources) using Augmented Reality technology, providing visual reinforcement in making decisions for positioning of microphones on any set.
Arapolarmic shows the polar pattern of the microphone models that are included in the miclibrary of your device in real time. The position and orientation of the microphone is captured through the camera of your iPad, which is then overlapped over its polar pattern, allowing the user to view through the screen its orientation and position. This feature permits the user to see immediately the polar pattern of the microphone relative to the sound sources.
It is a very useful tool for teaching audio, recording studios, microphone sales, sound engineers, music producers, musicians…
The system integrates a database with a library of microphones. The data sheet of each microphone’s model is quickly available without an internet connection. The fast access to the data makes Arapolarmic a reference tool for querying the technical specifications of professional microphones.
The new versions, also improve recognition system computer vision system, will include new features and new microphone models, also the most requested by users Arapolarmic, expanding the library of microphones and, therefore, the tool.
Requirements of the computer vision system:
- It is recommended to work with indirect or diffused light.
- The system operates under variable lighting conditions (cold, warm, strong, faint…) but a certain amount of light is necessary for the camera to detect the microphone.
- Avoid working under backlight conditions.
- Direct light to some microphone’s body models might cause reflections that could confuse the computer vision system (CVS).
- Conditions of fluorescent flashing light might cause less reliable tracking process (CVS). In this case, enhancing of the lighting conditions might improve the process.
- Arapolarmic requires some user interaction in the matching process. The proper matching of the virtual and real microphones before initializing the process of automatic matching is determinant in keeping the polar pattern aligned and on the right position. This process requires certain level of practice from the user.
The first Arapolarmic version requires working with soft movements while slowly moving away.
To best use the tool to see all 6 advised Arapolarmic tutorials available on our YouTube channel.
Arate the microphones!!!
For more information on Arapolarmic, follow us on the social networks, or visit our web site at www.aratechlabs.com
Mic models included in the first version:
AE5100, AT4021, AT4033 CL, AT 4053 b, AT5040, ATM 250, ATM 650, PRO 25ax
ADX 51, CX 212B, CX112B, D2, D4, D6, SCX25A, i5
M 160, M 201 TG, M 88 TG, MC 840, MC 930, TG D50d, TG D70d, TG I50d
N-D 468, N-D868, PL35, PL37, RE 20, RE 200, RE 320
LCT 340, LCT 640, LCT 940 , MTP 440 DM
- MOJAVE AUDIO
- ROYER LABS
R-121, R-121 Live, R-122, R-122 Live, R-122V
CMC 6 + MK4, CMC 6 + MK5
ELA M 251 E
- VIOLET DESIGN
AMETHYST, THE FINGER
There are a ton of videos demoing the software on the official site. This is just the intro video
Check out the official website for more videos – http://www.aratechlabs.com/
VST Connect Performer
VST Connect Performer for iPad offers absolute freedom when it comes to remote recording collaborations with producers and musicians. Connect your iPad to the Web, hook up your mic or instrument and allow any studio running Cubase with the VST Connect plug-in record your performance in real time, no matter where you are!
And it just gets better: with VST Connect Pro on the host machine VST Connect Performer for iPad excels in
audio quality as well as providing multi-channel and LAN support. And with onboard cue mix capability for talkback and monitoring, it’s just like in a typical recording studio environment, but that’s probably as representative as it’ll get: you could be anywhere besides the studio!
Language versions and support
The manual is localized in the following languages:
VST Connect Performer for iPad is requires VST Connect SE or VST Connect Pro as a counterpart.
VST Connect SE is included in
• Cubase 7
• Cubase 7.5
• Nuendo 6
• Nuendo 6.5
VST Connect Performer for iPad support requires iOS 7
Developer: Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
iMiX16 Band is an application for professional audio support for live shows or rehearsals.
It is ideal for bands, of course other performers such as theatre engineers, stage managers, live show producers, choreographers, magicians, puppeteers, cruise ship comedians, school teachers, etc. will find it useful too!
iMiX16 Band is made on the basis of iMiX16 Theatre Show System, the most stable app in show business!
- 64 audio channels, 16 groups,
- assign audio channels to groups to play multiple audio channels simultaneously with a single tap,
- adjust volume, panning, fade-in and fade-out for each audio channel,
- adjust master volume for all audio channels,
- adjust volume for each group channel,
- loop audio,
- trim audio,
- load and save audio and groups channels settings (create setup file for each performance),
- import/export audio from/to other apps,
- MIDI – control the app with MIDI controller via USB (Camera Connection Kit) or WIFI.
iMiX16 Band supports default iPad’s audio and video library (synced with iTunes) and also iTunes file sharing. It also supports import and export audio files with other apps.
For more info – http://www.mix16apps.com
TotalMix FX for iPAD is RME’s Windows/Mac software TotalMix FX ported to iOS. It gives control over the mixer and effects unit TotalMix FX of the audio interface, when the supported device is in Class Compliant mode.
*** ATTENTION: This app works only with the RME audio interfaces Fireface UFX and UCX! Without these devices the app is useless! ***
*** This app works ONLY when these devices are in Class Compliant mode! ***
*** This app does NOT work wireless, and is NO replacement for typical remote software (like Lemur / TouchOSC)! ***
Please understand that we will deny refund requests as the usage applications and requirements of this app are clearly and completely given!
TotalMix FX for iPAD runs on any iPad and all iOS versions from 5.0 up, using only low resources. As under Windows and Mac OS X it does not process audio, but acts as remote control for the calculations performed in the hardware. The app is fully compatible even when storing/loading Workspaces. Except MIDI/OSC remote control it includes all features of the desktop version.
Using the Fireface UCX with the iPad, TotalMix for iPAD for the first time unlocks the device’s whole functionality, in a quick way, with full overview and lightning fast configuration.
For the Fireface UFX the whole functionality is included as well. Even DURec (Direct USB Recording) is fully usable and controllable from the iPad.
TotalMix for iPad benefits from the background audio functions in iOS. During ongoing recording and playback switch to TotalMix at any time, perform the desired settings or changes, then return to the audio app, where record/playback had not been interrupted.
The app includes an extensive help. Continuing information on TotalMix FX and the Class Compliant operation of both devices is found in the current manuals. These are available for download at http://www.rme-audio.de, section Download.
This easy-to-use remote application allows for remote operation of the Phonic Acapela 16 digital mixer through a Wi-Fi connection. This can be done either in ad-hoc mode or through a wireless local area network (WLAN). Through the Acapela 16 Remote app, you can easily adjust input and output levels, auxiliary mixes, submixes, equalizers, dynamic processors and digital effects, without getting up from your chair.
While the Acapela 16 can work efficiently by itself in desktop control mode, this iPad application offers a new level of flexibility. Essentially your live setup can be controlled in any room within your WLAN range. Please consult the Acapela 16 user’s manual for connection and operation information.
For more details on this mixer head here – http://www.phonic.com/en/acapela-16.html
n-Track Studio is an audio and MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks, mix them during playback and add effects.
You can also edit, cut, copy and paste, zoom and drag waveforms.
All the audio tracks are saved as standard wave files and mixed “on the fly” during playback.
Once you are satisfied with the recording you can send it by email with a touch of the finger. Or you can mixdown the recorded song in standard .wav or .m4a format which you can later open with any 3rd party audio application or use to create an audio CD. You can also export the song in multitrack .sng format and open it with the desktop (Mac and Windows) version of n-Track.
2nd and 3rd generation iPod Touch devices require an external mic.
How it works
• Record a base track (i.e. rythm guitar) with the built-in mic
• Plug a standard headphone, record a solo or vocal track while listening to the rythm track
• Press play to listen to the multitrack recording, use the mixer to adjust levels, pan, apply EQ add effects
• Email the recording directly from your device
• The max number of tracks depends on the device capabilities, with the iPad or iPhone 4 you can typically use 10 tracks or more
• EQ with Spectrum analyzer + chromatic guitar Tuner
• Import existing tracks from your iTunes library
• Reverb, Echo, Chorus+Flanger, Tremolo, Pitch Shift, Phaser, Tube-Amp and Compression effects can be added to any track and master channel
• MIDI tracks with builtin synth featuring 128 General MIDI instrument sounds, MIDI editing in the Piano Roll window, support for external MIDI keyboard and inter-app MIDI
• n-Track is available for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Exchange and share your projects on all your desktop and mobile devices
• Supports Audiobus: you can send audio from other apps to n-Track, play your favorite instrument app and record the output inside n-Track alongside the device mic/line input. Each Audiobus app can be recorded to a separate track
• Supports interapp audio: receive audio from instrument apps (interapp audio requires iOS 7)
• Support for multichannel external audio devices on the iPad: record 4 or more tracks simultaneously from pro-audio devices such as the RME Babyface, Fireface, Focusrite Scarlett etc.
• Choose microphone on multi-mic devices and set microphone polar pattern (e.g. cardiod, omnidirectional)
• Set recording resolution to 16, 24 or 32 bits
• Set sampling frequency up to 192 khz (frequencies above 48000 hz require an external audio device)
• Allows monitoring and processing live audio input with near-zero latency
• Automate track volumes and pan using volume and pan envelopes
• Use group channels to group and process tracks together
• Support for multiple audio output when using compatible USB devices
• 3D frequency spectrum
• AudioCopy & Paste allows transferring audio files between compatible apps
Standard vs Pro editions
• n-Track Pro includes all the features that are otherwise available as in-app purchases for the n-Track app. In short n-Track Pro = n-Track + all available in-app purchases
Lucky enough to own an Allen & Heath Qu digital mixing console? Than get this for free!
Qu-Pad is an engineer’s mixing tool providing wireless mobile control for the Allen & Heath Qu digital mixing console. It gives you the freedom to walk the room or stage and control the sound right where it is needed.
Qu-Pad and the Qu mixing console can work together to provide simultaneous control of independent functions, for example one engineer using the console to mix front-of-house sound, and another using the iPad to mix monitors on stage.
This version of Qu-Pad supports only one iPad connection.
Live mixing functions available:
– Fader levels, mutes, pan
– Aux and FX sends, routing and Pre/Post switching
– Input Preamp/USB selection
– Preamp Gain, Pad, Polarity and 48V
– HPF, Gate, PEQ, GEQ, Comp, Delays
– RTA function
– PAFL select
– Full signal metering
– Custom strips for personalised channel layout
Live mixing functions not available with this version:
– Mute Groups
– FX tap tempo
Setup functions not available:
– FX patching and parameter setup
– Local/dSNAKE Preamp source selection
– Global Qu-Drive/USB B source selection
– Insert switching and channel linking
– Output patching
– Aux source routing options
– Show memory store and load
– Scene Recall Filters and Safes edit
– Signal Generator
– System configuration, options and preferences
– User Profile management