A very special offer for FiRe users…
$99 for two weeks only!
Must use promo code FIREIXY at checkout.
for iPhone and iPad
Record up to 24-Bit / 96kHz*
Great Mobile Recording Studio App in your pocket.
Import any instrumental from your computer.
Email Importing directly into the App
*SoundCloud included to Share Music On FaceBook, Twitter, Tumblr and more directly from ProStudioFX
*iTunes File Sharing *Record unlimited layers of audio on the same track
Reverb Early Reflections Settings, Late Reflections, Decay Time settings
*Track Length – Unlimited *Record Quality – 44.001 kHz Higher *Input Audio Decibel meter
*Calibrating Faders *Import any instrumental you from your computer.
*Latency compensation – within 1 ms *Unlimited Project *Bounce 2 track audio to M4a *Import MP3/M4A
*Unlimited Instrumental count
*Export Sounds into Computer and Burn to CD
*Export sounds to Mixing Software of your choice
*Purchase more Instrumentals (Top Recording Producers)
*Simply Make a Song in a matter of minutes.
*Record Audio playback Live Audio Monitoring.
*Email Import Function. mp3 m4a, and wav
*Mic Volume Meter Control
*instrumental Volume Meter Control
*AudioBus – connect your music apps together
*Grammy Award Winning Producers Beats added.
*IOS 7 ready
* Works on the iPad
*Updated the Recording Engines,
iPod Touch use your built in earpiece mic to record.
n-Track Studio is an audio and MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks, mix them during playback and add effects.
You can also edit, cut, copy and paste, zoom and drag waveforms.
All the audio tracks are saved as standard wave files and mixed “on the fly” during playback.
Once you are satisfied with the recording you can send it by email with a touch of the finger. Or you can mixdown the recorded song in standard .wav or .m4a format which you can later open with any 3rd party audio application or use to create an audio CD. You can also export the song in multitrack .sng format and open it with the desktop (Mac and Windows) version of n-Track.
2nd and 3rd generation iPod Touch devices require an external mic.
How it works
• Record a base track (i.e. rythm guitar) with the built-in mic
• Plug a standard headphone, record a solo or vocal track while listening to the rythm track
• Press play to listen to the multitrack recording, use the mixer to adjust levels, pan, apply EQ add effects
• Email the recording directly from your device
• The max number of tracks depends on the device capabilities, with the iPad or iPhone 4 you can typically use 10 tracks or more
• EQ with Spectrum analyzer + chromatic guitar Tuner
• Import existing tracks from your iTunes library
• Reverb, Echo, Chorus+Flanger, Tremolo, Pitch Shift, Phaser, Tube-Amp and Compression effects can be added to any track and master channel
• MIDI tracks with builtin synth featuring 128 General MIDI instrument sounds, MIDI editing in the Piano Roll window, support for external MIDI keyboard and inter-app MIDI
• n-Track is available for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Exchange and share your projects on all your desktop and mobile devices
• Supports Audiobus: you can send audio from other apps to n-Track, play your favorite instrument app and record the output inside n-Track alongside the device mic/line input. Each Audiobus app can be recorded to a separate track
• Supports interapp audio: receive audio from instrument apps (interapp audio requires iOS 7)
• Support for multichannel external audio devices on the iPad: record 4 or more tracks simultaneously from pro-audio devices such as the RME Babyface, Fireface, Focusrite Scarlett etc.
• Choose microphone on multi-mic devices and set microphone polar pattern (e.g. cardiod, omnidirectional)
• Set recording resolution to 16, 24 or 32 bits
• Set sampling frequency up to 192 khz (frequencies above 48000 hz require an external audio device)
• Allows monitoring and processing live audio input with near-zero latency
• Automate track volumes and pan using volume and pan envelopes
• Use group channels to group and process tracks together
• Support for multiple audio output when using compatible USB devices
• 3D frequency spectrum
• AudioCopy & Paste allows transferring audio files between compatible apps
Standard vs Pro editions
• n-Track Pro includes all the features that are otherwise available as in-app purchases for the n-Track app. In short n-Track Pro = n-Track + all available in-app purchases
So if you don’t own Propellerhead’s Figure, or Apple’s GarageBand, grab them while they are being given away, especially GarageBand which has just received a big update.Figure
Are you a fan of Auria? The guys at WaveMachine Labs would like to know more about it, and are willing to reward you for telling them. Though rather than some simple ’25 words or less’ competition, they want you to record a short video ‘showing’ how you use this powerful recording app, and it can be as ‘lo-fi’ as a phone recorded video to as slick and professional as you like, although they’re note awarding extra points for a James Cameron production. Just capture yourself doing what you do, and send it in! Here’s a link to the details on the competition, or you can just keep reading the details below – http://review.wizehive.com/contests/auria-video-contest
“WHAT THE #%&@ ARE YOU DOING WITH AURIA”
It’s hard to believe, but it’s been just over a year since we launched Auria. So, we decided this would be a great time to give a really big THANK YOU to our loyal customers, and at the same time learn more about how Auria is being used in the real world. So, we are announcing:
The $11,000 “WHAT THE #%&@ ARE YOU DOING WITH AURIA” Video Contest!
The focus is on you and your music or whatever else you are using Auria for. What kind of projects are you working on? How has working on the iPad changed how you work? Which plug-ins do you use most often? These are just some sample questions. We want to know what’s on YOUR mind. So here’s the deal:
We are inviting you to show us how you are using Auria in a video up to 4 minutes long. You can focus on a project/song you are working on and the sound track of the video can include the entire song, just excerpts, or no song at all. You can focus on recording, editing, mixing, or all three. You can tell us about techniques that you have come up with to work faster or better. You can shoot it with your phone or whatever device you have. We’re not looking for Hollywood quality video here – it’s the content that matters! We will take all your submitted videos, pick the finalists, and post them on our contest site for the public to vote on. Submissions that have the most interesting and engaging content, in the opinion of the judges, will be moved into the final public round of voting. Oh, and by the way, in addition to the WaveMachine Labs team, we’ll be getting some help in picking the finalists from Grammy Award winning composer/producer/engineer David Kahne and legendary producer/engineer Bob Bullock. (Listing their respective credits would take up WAY too much space, but you can check them out for yourself on the web.) In this business, it never hurts to get your work in front of top pros like Bob and David.
So it’s a win-win deal. We get smarter about how people are using Auria and you get a chance to win some awesome prizes for sharing your stories with us.
“Okay”, you might be wondering, “what are the prizes!?” We did go a little crazy here, thanks to our insanely great sponsors: AKG, Apogee and JBL Pro. In fact, we went all the way to “11” – 11 thousand dollars in prizes, that is. Our first prize package alone is worth over $7,000 and is pretty much a dream system for any iOS producer. And the second and third prizes are pretty great too! Click on the PRIZES tab above to see for yourself. When you are ready to jump in, head on over to the HOW TO ENTER and ENTER NOW tabs and GET IN THE GAME!
Moo Cow Music have been quiet for awhile, and now I know why! They’ve been working on this comprehesive band-in-a-box music production app! Looks very interesting indeed.
Ever wanted a recording studio in the palm of your hand? Looptical is a complete music production solution for iPhone and iPod touch.
Record your musical ideas on the go and mix them into a finished track, or use them as the basis for a new project back at your studio. Create looped sections of music and combine them to form larger musical sections until you have a finished song. Going from an initial riff idea to full track is easy with Looptical. Then mix the track with comprehensive effects and fully automated mixer controls, or export the MIDI and component audio tracks to your DAW when back at the studio to take your song one step further.
- Play keys with a single or dual 128 key keyboard layout, complete with pitch/mod wheel.
- Use the Scale Keyboard to play scales effortlessly by sliding a finger up and down the screen.
- Strum your way through your own palette of chords with the Chord Guitar.
- Use the Latched Arpeggiator to turn simple chords into sequences of notes.
- Use Quantize to tidy up your performance, and Undo any mistakes.
GO FROM RIFF TO FULL SONG
- Songwriting in Looptical involves creating Loops: building blocks for a song that could be a one bar bassline, an 8 bar chorus, or a 100 bar indulgent guitar solo.
- Use the Loop Bank to combine, merge, repeat, and insert these Loops to form larger riffs, and ultimately a complete song.
- Use the Event List to perform mass edits of notes, such as tweaking velocity, quantize or transpose.
MIX THE TRACK
- Add and mix up to 24 stereo tracks with Looptical’s Mixer.
- Add up to 5 Insert effects (Overdrive, Bit Crusher, Compressor, EQ, Filter, Chorus/Flanger, Phaser, Trance Gate, Delay) to each track, and a single Reverb Send effect.
- All mixer and effect parameters are automated and changes are recorded directly into the song.
ADD VOCALS AND GUITARS
- Record vocals with the iPhone internal microphone or compatible audio interface and add your own effects with live monitoring.
- Control input with an intuitive preamp-style gain and noise gate.
INTERACT WITH OTHER APPS
- Record audio tracks directly from any Inter-App Audio (iOS7) Instrument app.
- Use Audiobus (requires purchase from third party) to send and receive live audio to other Audiobus-enabled apps.
MAKE YOUR OWN INSTRUMENTS
- If the 95 keyboard and 50 drum presets (including 600 individual drum hits) are not enough, create your own from scratch.
- Import samples via iTunes Shared Folder, from another iPhone music app via the clipboard, or resample the current song.
- Effortlessly create an entire new instrument from a single sample, or add further samples for a multi-sampled instrument.
- Edit your sample to trim, chop, loop, amplify, fade or reverse sections.
- Export your instrument to use again, or even share with others via the Looptical forum.
USE AN EXTERNAL KEYBOARD
- Plug in an iPhone-compatible MIDI keyboard and you can break out of the iPhone screen and compose using a full hardware piano keyboard.
- Play drum parts by assigning piano keys to each pad, or effortlessly noodle a solo by playing the Scale Piano from the major keys.
- Assign spare MIDI controllers such as Pan or Modulation to directly control automation parameters in Looptical insert effects.
For moew details - http://moocowmusic.com/Looptical/
RØDE Microphones is excited to announce the next iteration of its ﬁeld recording app for Apple’s iOS devices, RØDE Rec. This update, released to the app store today as a free upgrade, has a number of enhancements including a dedicated iPad interface, MP3 publishing and support for ten different languages.
RØDE Rec has been incredibly well received since its launch in January of this year, where it was the only app on the market to allow for recording at 24-bit/96kHz (using RØDE’s iXY stereo microphone). This is the ﬁrst update since RØDE acquired the FiRe app from creator Audioﬁle Engineering, and signals RØDE’s intention to provide not only the best ﬁeld recording app for mobile devices, but a platform that rivals dedicated audio ﬁeld recorders.
The update’s addition of a retina-compatible iPad interface enhances control on the larger device considerably. Users can now view the waveform, transport controls, non-linear editing and much more, all in the one screen making recording, editing and publishing a breeze.
The popular MP3 format has also been added, following overwhelming demand from existing users. “While RØDE Rec is designed for the capture and sharing of broadcast-grade audio there’s no denying the popularity and indeed the convenience of the MP3 format.” explains Damien Wilson, RØDE’s Global Marketing & Sales Director. “RØDE Rec is one of very few apps on iOS that supports MP3, and combined with one-touch sharing via dropbox and email it’s a great option when you want to share an audio grab quickly with friends, colleagues or clients.”
This updated version also marks the app’s debut in localised languages, with support for Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese (simpliﬁed), Japanese and Korean, in addition to English. The localised apps are available on the relevant international iTunes App stores.
An update to RØDE Rec LE, the free, feature-limited version of RØDE Rec will be released shortly, including the dedicated iPad interface and enhanced stability. Download the app now for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on the iTunes App Store or via www.rodemic.com/getroderec.
For moew details - http://www.rodemic.com/
• 96 Tracks! YES, NINETY SIX TRACKS! Create as many tracks up to 96 as your iOS device will let you.
– iPad3+ suggested for audiobus
– (Use Audiobus Mic Input when AB app is open)
– (Switch AB’s frames to 512 if stuttering occurs)
– (Tap play to hear Audiobus audio on a record-enabled track)
• Record audio and midi tracks in each session
• Available reverb and delay effect sends for each track
• Unlimited Songs
• Beautiful Design
• Import Audio from YouTube Videos
– Tap Documents Button/New/YouTube and paste the link
• Import Audio from Your Music Library
– Documents/iPod Library
• Import audio from your iTunes-Synced Documents Folder
• Import audio from email
– Tap/hold audio attachment and select open-in Studio 2
• Record audio from thousands of online radio stations
– Set Online Radio as input and select a station
• Quantize midi tracks to keep notes in sync
• Tap and hold metronome button to reveal metronome UI
• Tap and hold Input button to quickly reveal input plugin (BeatPad or Online Radio for example)
• 118 BeatPad Kits available for download
• Quick Punch Recording
• Tap Docs button/NewTrack/Midi then set BeatPad as the input to create BeatPad midi tracks
• Many features & updates to come!
For more details and demo videos - http://www.xmeinc.com/new/studio2.html
RØDE Microphones has announced the release of the MiCon-11 adaptor cable, which provides connection between the RØDE HS1 headset, PinMic and Lavalier microphones, and TRRS devices such as the Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod touch as well as a large number of Android phones and tablets.
This now means that users of these microphones are able to take advantage of the RØDE Rec app on Apple iOS devices, recording high-quality audio direct to their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. With a large scale update of the app to be released later this month, this functionality will be further enhanced.
“The MiCon system was born out of frustration from working with other manufacturers’ wireless systems.” said Damien Wilson, RØDE’s Global Marketing & Sales Director. “With MiCon the idea is to allow anyone that invests in our microphones a versatile suite of connectivity options, so if you upgrade your wireless system or want to connect it to another device you don’t have to buy a completely new mic.”
“Today’s release of the MiCon-11 really highlights the benefits of this system.” He continued. “Since the release of the smartLav in January we’ve been overwhelmed by worldwide demand, proving that this convergent technology is exactly what today’s consumers and professionals alike are looking for. Now with the MiCon-11 we can easily enable users of our broadcast-quality compact wearable microphones to take advantage of the many benefits of recording direct to their iOS device with the RØDE Rec app.”
The 1.2m/4’ cable adaptor also includes a MiCon male-to-male interface to allow it to be used as an extension for other MiCon cables from RØDE.
With this announcement RØDE now offers eleven different interface options for customers to connect their microphones, including wireless systems from seven different manufacturers. For more information on the MiCon range, including the MiCon-11 please visit www.rodemic.com.
It was bound to happen, the ultimate iOS interface for musicians has just been announced from the pioneers in iOS music software and hardware, IK Multimedia!……
IK Multimedia, the global leader in mobile music-creation apps and accessories, is proud to announce iRig® PRO, the universal digital mobile audio/MIDI interface for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac.
Pocket-sized, battery-powered and fully portable, iRig PRO is designed to give mobile musicians and songwriters an interface that can handle the widest variety of audio input signals, so they can create music and audio on the go anywhere, any time.
iRig PRO accepts virtually every type of audio and MIDI input, making it the most versatile compact interface on the market. Users can plug in a dynamic or condenser microphone; a guitar, bass or other Hi-Z instrument; or any line-level source.
Additionally, iRig PRO is equipped with a MIDI input for keyboards, pads and controllers, making it a truly universal compact interface for recording and composing on the go or in the studio. Its audio and MIDI inputs can be used simultaneously, for example, to control guitar or vocal software with MIDI foot controllers or pedals, for switching presets or controlling effects levels.
Plus, iRig PRO comes with a suite of IK’s best music-creation apps such as AmpliTube, VocaLive, SampleTank, iGrand and iRig Recorder, and is compatible with most audio and MIDI processing apps for the mobile musician. Mac users will also enjoy the inclusion of premium software with iRig PRO, like AmpliTube, T-RackS and SampleTank, and will appreciate the unit’s compatibility with any type of music-creation software.
iRig PRO features a high-quality 1/4″-XLR combo input connector for connection with standard XLR cables, 1/4″ mono line or instrument signal cables, and a switchable 48V phantom power supply for use with studio condenser microphones. It has an ultra-low-noise, high-definition microphone-and-instrument preamp; a high-quality 24-bit A/D converter; a preamp gain control; plus LED indicators for device status, MIDI, phantom power and signal level.
iRig PRO is powered by the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, or USB, when used with instruments or a dynamic microphone. A 9V battery (included) provides phantom power to compatible microphones. iRig PRO also features a standard MIDI input for connection of MIDI devices like drum machines, controllers and MIDI keyboards.
iRig PRO comes with three detachable cables, compatible with Lightning, 30-pin and USB connectors, respectively, allowing for digital connection to every model of iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Mac, out of the box, with no need for adapters. A MIDI cable with a standard MIDI jack is also provided to connect the widest variety of MIDI-compatible keyboards and controllers.
iRig PRO is class compliant and compatible with Core Audio and Core MIDI, so it can be used with any audio and MIDI processing apps for iOS and Mac OS, for true plug-and-play performance without additional hardware/software.
Universal Apps and Software Included
For iPhone and iPad users, iRig PRO comes with a suite of IK Multimedia’s most popular apps for mobile music creation on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, including AmpliTube FREE (the #1 app for guitar players) for guitarists and bass players, VocaLive FREE for singers, SampleTank FREE and iGrand Piano FREE for keyboard players and iRig Recorder FREE for recording engineers.
Plus, all these apps work together with Audiobus integration, offering a truly complete set-up for making any type of music. Additionally, exclusive AmpliTube gear and SampleTank sounds are available as free add-ons for iRig PRO users.
For Mac users, iRig PRO includes AmpliTube Custom Shop, the industry standard guitar-and-bass processing software; a free version of AmpliTube Metal; T-RackS Custom Shop, the mixing-and-mastering effect suite with a free version of T-RackS Classic; and SampleTank XT, a sound workstation that includes over 1GB of sounds. All these software titles are available both as plug-ins for the most popular digital audio workstations (including GarageBand), or as standalone applications for immediate plug and play.
Pricing and Availability
iRig PRO will ship in September from music and consumer electronics retailers worldwide for $149.99/€119.99 (exc. taxes). iRig PRO can now be ordered from the IK Online Store and select retailers.
For more information on iRig PRO, please visit