I am totally blow away by this new app! It may not be affordable for everyone, but if you work with microphones in a professional studio/live stage environment on a daily basis, this would surely be an indespensible tool!… If you’ve purchased it, I’d love to hear your thoughts on how the app runs and what are the pros and cons…..Read on for the official blurb -
Arapolarmic is an innovative tool for the professional audio industry for monitoring the directivity of microphones and have a database with its technical characteristics (miclibrary) always with you.
Arapolarmic makes possible for the first time the visualization of the microphone and its polar pattern, integrated within its audio environment (microphone set and sound sources) using Augmented Reality technology, providing visual reinforcement in making decisions for positioning of microphones on any set.
Arapolarmic shows the polar pattern of the microphone models that are included in the miclibrary of your device in real time. The position and orientation of the microphone is captured through the camera of your iPad, which is then overlapped over its polar pattern, allowing the user to view through the screen its orientation and position. This feature permits the user to see immediately the polar pattern of the microphone relative to the sound sources.
It is a very useful tool for teaching audio, recording studios, microphone sales, sound engineers, music producers, musicians…
The system integrates a database with a library of microphones. The data sheet of each microphone’s model is quickly available without an internet connection. The fast access to the data makes Arapolarmic a reference tool for querying the technical specifications of professional microphones.
The new versions, also improve recognition system computer vision system, will include new features and new microphone models, also the most requested by users Arapolarmic, expanding the library of microphones and, therefore, the tool.
Requirements of the computer vision system:
- It is recommended to work with indirect or diffused light.
- The system operates under variable lighting conditions (cold, warm, strong, faint…) but a certain amount of light is necessary for the camera to detect the microphone.
- Avoid working under backlight conditions.
- Direct light to some microphone’s body models might cause reflections that could confuse the computer vision system (CVS).
- Conditions of fluorescent flashing light might cause less reliable tracking process (CVS). In this case, enhancing of the lighting conditions might improve the process.
- Arapolarmic requires some user interaction in the matching process. The proper matching of the virtual and real microphones before initializing the process of automatic matching is determinant in keeping the polar pattern aligned and on the right position. This process requires certain level of practice from the user.
The first Arapolarmic version requires working with soft movements while slowly moving away.
To best use the tool to see all 6 advised Arapolarmic tutorials available on our YouTube channel.
Arate the microphones!!!
For more information on Arapolarmic, follow us on the social networks, or visit our web site at www.aratechlabs.com
Mic models included in the first version:
AE5100, AT4021, AT4033 CL, AT 4053 b, AT5040, ATM 250, ATM 650, PRO 25ax
ADX 51, CX 212B, CX112B, D2, D4, D6, SCX25A, i5
M 160, M 201 TG, M 88 TG, MC 840, MC 930, TG D50d, TG D70d, TG I50d
N-D 468, N-D868, PL35, PL37, RE 20, RE 200, RE 320
LCT 340, LCT 640, LCT 940 , MTP 440 DM
- MOJAVE AUDIO
- ROYER LABS
R-121, R-121 Live, R-122, R-122 Live, R-122V
CMC 6 + MK4, CMC 6 + MK5
ELA M 251 E
- VIOLET DESIGN
AMETHYST, THE FINGER
There are a ton of videos demoing the software on the official site. This is just the intro video
Check out the official website for more videos - http://www.aratechlabs.com/
newest microphone, the NT-USB — a studio-grade microphone with the convenience of a digital USB interface.
The NT-USB is fully compatible with MacOS, Windows and iPad.
While RØDE’s Podcaster USB microphone was released in 2007, its primary focus is to provide broadcast-
quality voice recording, with its end-address configuration. The NT-USB on the other hand is a highly versatile
side-address microphone that is ideal for recording musical performances in addition to spoken applications
The microphone is fully compatible with all mainstream recording applications on both Windows and Mac
OS based computers, as well as the Apple iPad using RØDE Rec, GarageBand, or any other recording app that
accepts an external microphone. Use on the Apple iPad requires a suitable USB connection adaptor, such as
The body of the NT-USB features a zero-latency stereo headphone monitoring (3.5mm) jack, which allows
users to monitor the microphone input in realtime, along with dials to adjust the monitoring level and mix
between the computer/iPad audio and the microphone input.
A premium pop-filter is included, which fits onto the base of the mic, positioning the filter the ideal distance
from the capsule to minimise plosives (hard ‘B’, ‘T’ or ‘P’ sounds that produce a harsh sound) during singing or
speech. Also provided is a high-quality stand mount with industry standard 3/8” thread, desktop tripod stand
that allows the NT-USB to sit at a comfortable height on a tabletop, and a pouch for storage of the microphone
The NT-USB is supplied with an extended 24 month warranty, which is free of charge to customers that
register their microphone on www.rodemic.com.
For more information please visit www.rodemic.com/nt-usb.
***INTRODUCING NEW DAW-STYLE EDITING FEATURES IN VOCALIVE VERSION 2.0*** (available via in-app purchase)
VocaLive provides singers and vocalists with a suite of 12 real-time professional vocal effects along with a capable recorder for studio-quality sound in a portable package. The effects can be combined into a chain of 3 processors and saved as presets. A collection of up to 50 presets is included to get you up and running immediately.
VocaLive for iPhone includes 5 Vocal Effects – Pitch Fix (for tuning correction or stylized quantization FX), Choir (a 3-part harmonizer), Morph (a formant shifter to change the tonal quality of the voice from subtle deepening to radical gender bending), De-Esser (to remove sibilance from the voice), and Double (by registering) – along with 7 Studio Effects – Reverb, Delay, Parametric EQ, Compressor, Chorus, Phazer and Envelope Filter – that together provide unparalleled creative processing power.
With VocaLive you can record vocals and instruments, process your recordings with effects, sing along to any song in your iTunes Music library — its Voice Cancel feature lets you practice over the existing vocals — and warm up your voice with its helpful included vocal warm-up tools. VocaLive is an incredible professional vocal effects workstation that you can take with you anywhere.
And now you can also take advantage of VocaLive 2.0’s new studio section, which lets you record and edit audio like in a computer DAW. It has an intuitive interface that gives you a detailed waveform visualization (with a time grid and quick undo/redo), touch-and-drag looping, easy punch-in and punch-out recording, a quick per-channel FX enable/disable button and streamlined access to all recording and mixing controls.
For the best quality, use VocaLive on stage with iRig Mic HD, IK’s new high-quality handheld digital microphone. But you can also have fun with it and record quick ideas using the built-in microphone on your iPhone or earbuds.
VocaLive also supports digital audio input devices so you can use any standard 30-pin/Lightning audio interface.
Use a MIDI interface like iRig MIDI 2 to control your vocal processors “hands-free” with a MIDI floor controller.
VocaLive is Audiobus compatible*; use it with compatible audio apps in any Audiobus Slot.
• Real time vocal processor + recording app
• 3-processor vocal effects chain
• 12 professional studio-quality vocal effects
• Single-track recorder expandable to a full 4-track recording studio available for purchase in the in-app Shop
• Studio section* (available via in-app purchase) offers DAW-style features: waveform visualization and editing, touch-and-drag looping, normalization, punch-in/punch-out recording and more
• AutoFreeze (allows each track to have its own full effects chain)
• Import and play songs to be used as backing tracks directly from your Music library or computer
• Audiobus support*
• Voice Cancel feature lets you create sing-along backing tracks by removing the vocal track from existing recordings
• Audio Copy/Paste
• 50 presets included with 4 Favorites for fast recall
• Includes metronome and vocal warm-up tools
• MIDI controllable
• Digital Audio Support
• Low-latency for real time vocal processing
PreSonus® Capture™ for iPad® is a powerful 32-track audio recording application with up to 24-bit, 96 kHz fidelity and a lean and easy-to-use design. With level and pan control for balancing your tracks and essential editing features using intuitive finger gestures, Capture for iPad is the perfect mobile recording solution. Compatibility with PreSonus AudioBox iOne and iTwo USB/iPad interfaces (or any other MFi iPad interface) enables you to record high-quality audio anywhere inspiration strikes.
With Capture for iPad, you can record and save multiple songs on an iPad, and Capture is the only app that provides direct wireless transfer of your recordings to PreSonus Studio One® for Mac® or Windows® (version 2.6.3 or later), where you can edit and mix. A link to a free version of PreSonus Studio One is available in the app. Songs and individual tracks can also be copied using iTunes if the iPad is connected to the computer with a USB cable.
• Simple, intuitive, mobile recording solution for Apple iPad®
• Capture 32 audio tracks at up to 24-bit, 96 kHz
• One-tap recording
• Direct wireless transfer of sessions to PreSonus® Studio One®
• Editing functions include cut, copy, paste, split, and duplicate
• Level and Pan controls for balancing your tracks
• Saves in compact Apple Lossless format
• Works with any MFi-compatible interface, including PreSonus AudioBox iOne and iTwo
Compatible with iPad only. Requires second-generation iPad or newer, iPad Air, or iPad Mini and iOS 7 or later. Works with iPad-compatible (MFi) audio interface (including PreSonus AudioBox iOne and iTwo) or the internal iPad microphone.
For more details - http://www.presonus.com/products/Capture-for-iPad
Try out the limited FREE versionPreSonus Capture Duo
Developer: PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc.
The realistic sound of famous reverb equipment for your iPad and iPhone! Includes a large built-in library of the highest quality reverb impulses taken from actual devices and the possibility to upload your own reverb space impulses. Intuitive and compact user interface for maximum ease and efficiency.
Use this application together with Inter-App Audio hosts (like a DAW, Recorders or Audio file managers) or with Audiobus for adding studio quality reverberation effects to the sound of other music applications or pre-recorded tracks.
AltiSpace can also be used with external audio interfaces for real-time sound processing. Suitable for live performance or in the studio together with other equipment.
What is the convolution reverb?
Briefly, convolution reverb is based on a process that digitally ‘captures’ the reverb characteristics of another reverb effects unit or the reverb response of a real acoustic space. It is based on the mathematical convolution operation, and uses a pre-recorded audio sample of the impulse response of the device or space being modeled. The process of convolution multiplies each sample of the audio to be processed (reverberated) with the samples in the impulse response file.
● More than 200 samples of factory presets from different devices.
● High-quality and fast convolution algorithm with 64 bit operations.
● Wide range of reverberation types such as plates, springs, halls, rooms, etc.
● Preset hotkeys with possibility to save current sample and all its parameters.
● Convenient choice sample by device name, by reverb type or in complete list.
● All processing parameters are stored for each sample.
● Pre/post parametric equalizer with cut-off filters.
● Possibility to construct the envelope (like ADSR) for device sample.
● Adjusting stereo width and modulation for reverb output.
● Additional mode ‘reverb only output’ for use with mixing consoles.
● Possibility to upload additional samples in different audio formats.
● Uploading samples through Web access, audio clipboard, from another app and iTunes.
● Detailed application description with an overview of famous reverb equipment.
● Different color schemes available for the user interface.
Pocket Studio: Produce an album or 2, or 3 on your iOS devices!
- Import Multitrack BeatPad Music
- BeatPad users can now download BeatPad plugin kits free when BeatPad app is installed
- Import multitrack audio stored in a zip. (Use Dropbox or some online drive app to open zip in Pocket Studio.
Don’t pay for studio time, Buy the Studio!
–HEADPHONES REQUIRED FOR RECORDING
–LongPress Track in mixer then tap lower colored area to name track. (Guitar, Lead Vox, Snare, etc.)
- BeatPad Module: tap folder button/new/newTrack/midi then tap the midi track’s input to select BeatPad
- Recording Input: Tap “input” on any track to set the audio source, tap the top record enable button on the track, tap the lower right record button on the menu bar/transport then tap play to begin recording.
metronome button to show tap tempo screen,
track input on iPad to quickly show BeatPad module,
wave and midi boxes on wave page
- Audiobus: close Pocket Studio then open it via Audiobus to sync audio buffers
- Beauty, Functionality and Quality all in 1 app.
- Import iPod Music + your BeatPad beats & Record 90+ tracks of HD music and vocals in Pocket Studio!
Pocket Studio is light-years ahead of the competition and quite frankly, costs a fraction.
• 96 Tracks! YES, NINETY SIX TRACKS! Create as many tracks up to 96 as your iOS device will let you.
• BeatPad midi plugin: Tap the folder icon/new/track/midi then tap the Midi Track’s input button to select BeatPad.
– (Create Stereo Audio track and set input to ausiobus. Sometimes, multiple attempts to pair are required.)
• Record Digital Audio from devices plugged into dock connector
• Multiple sample rate options
• Record audio and midi tracks in each session
• Available reverb and delay effect sends for each track
• Unlimited Songs
• Beautiful Design
• Import Audio from Your Music Library
– Documents/iPod Library
• Import audio from your iTunes-Synced Documents Folder
• Import audio from email
– Tap/hold audio attachment and select open-in Pocket Studio
• Record audio from thousands of online radio stations
– Set Online Radio as input and select a station
• Quantize midi tracks to keep notes in sync
• Tap and hold metronome button to reveal metronome UI
• Tap and hold Input button to quickly reveal input plugin (BeatPad or Online Radio for example)
• 118 BeatPad Kits available for download
• Quick Punch Recording
• Tap Docs button/NewTrack/Midi then set BeatPad as the input to create BeatPad midi tracks
VST Connect Performer
VST Connect Performer for iPad offers absolute freedom when it comes to remote recording collaborations with producers and musicians. Connect your iPad to the Web, hook up your mic or instrument and allow any studio running Cubase with the VST Connect plug-in record your performance in real time, no matter where you are!
And it just gets better: with VST Connect Pro on the host machine VST Connect Performer for iPad excels in
audio quality as well as providing multi-channel and LAN support. And with onboard cue mix capability for talkback and monitoring, it’s just like in a typical recording studio environment, but that’s probably as representative as it’ll get: you could be anywhere besides the studio!
Language versions and support
The manual is localized in the following languages:
VST Connect Performer for iPad is requires VST Connect SE or VST Connect Pro as a counterpart.
VST Connect SE is included in
• Cubase 7
• Cubase 7.5
• Nuendo 6
• Nuendo 6.5
VST Connect Performer for iPad support requires iOS 7
Developer: Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
• Sing, hum, rap, strum. Take captures your musical ideas—anytime, anywhere.
With a single tap you’ll be recording, beatboxing, overdubbing, riffing, writing, trying out song ideas that you’ll want to share with the world.
• Feel the groove. Stay on the beat. Keep in time.
Inspiring built-in clicks, loops and beats to kick start your creativity.
• Add new parts, double them up, create harmonies, sketch out the song
Three tracks to build on your tune and flesh out your ideas.
• Surprise yourself with how good you sound.
Processing and effects that make your iPhone’s mic shine.
• Share on Facebook, Twitter, email.
Designed by Propellerhead Software—makers of Figure, Apple App of the Year 2012—Take is a creative recorder for musicians. It’s got the same drop-dead simplicity you’ve come to expect with your voice memos, with features custom-tailored to vocalists’ needs—like the ability to record harmonies along with your voice, blend in effects to sweeten the sound and sing along to an array of beats and rhythms. Take will soon become your go-to sketchpad for musical ideas.
Australian pro-audio manufacturer RØDE Microphones has today announced the iXY with Lightning connector for iPhone 5, 5s and 5c — the highly-anticipated update to RØDE’s stereo microphone for Apple iPhone devices, that allows high-quality recording at sample rates up to 24-bit/96kHz.
The original iXY was announced in early 2013 and was the world’s first microphone for iOS devices, able to record at such a high-quality resolution. This innovative approach saw the iXY awarded several product design awards, culminating with the prestigious International Red Dot Design Award, which recognizes products of the very highest quality by an expert panel of 37 judges from around the world.
Equipped with the same broadcast audio performance as the original 30-pin microphone, the iXY with Lightning connector features a matched pair of ½ inch condenser capsules arranged in a stacked X-Y configuration, with on-board high-fidelity analogue to digital conversion. This ensures accurate, immersive and true to life stereo recordings.
Interchangeable rubber mounting clamps are supplied to suit both iPhone 5/5s and 5c, which also provide shock mounting and help to minimise vibration transferring to the microphone capsules. A foam windshield for outdoor recording and protective storage pouch are also included. The RØDEGrip mount is optionally available for mounting the iXY and iPhone on a camera or microphone stand, and a “deadcat” windshield for high wind conditions will be available shortly.
“The original iXY was an industry leader in both design and function, so we’re thrilled to continue this success with the updated version for iPhone 5.”commented Damien Wilson, RØDE’s Global Sales and Marketing Director. “Being able to record at this quality with a device that sits in your pocket has been a game changer not only for audio professionals, but for enthusiasts alike. We saw this first-hand with so numerous entrants to our My RØDE Reel short film competition choosing to use the iXY for their amazing short films”.
Finally, RØDE’s field recording app for iOS devices, RØDE Rec also recently received an update to increase compatibility and stability on the iOS 7 platform. RØDE Rec and RØDE Rec LE are available now in the App store for iPhone and iPad.
The RØDE iXY is shipping now. Visit www.ixymic.com for more information.
Guide Track is the primary go-to tool when you want to quickly create a precise guide track for recording when you know the song structure and the style.
Simply enter in the time signature, which chords for how many beats and the beat style—Guide Track does the rest for you!
Use inter-app audio or AudioBus or save your track to file and you are ready to start recording for real with a perfect smart click track and guide chords.
Save hours of messing around and get to what matters—your creativity. Once done you can mute the guide track to reveal your perfectly structured recording. It’s like a sculptor using a mold when casting, except instead of bronze, you end up with perfectly structured music.
You can also use Guide Track to print out chord sheets for your band or to capture song ideas or for recording aid.
• Records stereo WAV file that can be copied and pasted, saved to Dropbox or emailed
• Supports Inter-app recording and Audiobus
• Saves 4-track Type 1 MIDI files (fixed format bug in 1.01 coming soon)
• All major chord families covered with chord inversions
• Over 35 stock drum patterns
• Click and Count-in
• 128 GM Sounds
• Several chord play styles
• Instant chord sheet
• Add rests or chords as needed
• Transpose songs any time
• Time signatures that readjust beat structures for you
• Preview chords before inserting
• Rearrange or insert chords or section
• Looping playback
• Define up to 4 sections for easy entry of repeated material