Record high quality audio files and upload them immediately. Keep track of your recordings with the Roadcast organizer.
+ Reliable recorder for radio reporters and powerful dictaphone.
+ Multiple audio formats: WAV, MP3 or AAC.
+ Various quality settings to configure the bitrate etc.
+ Supported export services: Dropbox, Soundcload, FTP, E-Mail.
+ Beautiful waveform with zoom capability.
+ Simple VU meter with gain slider.
+ Clean design: The simple user interface makes Roadcast easy and fun to use.
+ Sophisticated upload manager allows multiple uploads simultaneously. New files can be recorded even when uploads are in progress.
+ Powerful organizer to manage recordings.
+ Auto Naming: Custom file name patterns can be set for the file export.
+ Works with your iPhone’s internal and external microphones. Optimized for the USB microphones RØDE iXY, TASCAM iM2/iM2x and many more.
+ Visual warning when limited memory is available showing the remaining recording time.
+ Roadcast continues recording even when running in the background or when the screen is switched off.
If you’re not sure if you want to drop money on the Master’s edition of MixPad, try out this free version first!
MixPad Free Music Mixer
MixPad is a free multi-track recording and mixing software. You can access all the power of professional recording and mixing equipment through a single platform that streamlines the process and makes mixing a breeze.
Mixing Software Features:
• Mix an unlimited number of music, vocal and audio tracks
• Record single or multiple tracks simultaneously
• Load any audio file; more supported formats than any other mixer
• Add audio effects including EQ, compression, reverb and more
• Includes a royalty-free sound effect and music library with hundreds of clips to use in your productions
• Supports sample rates from 6 kHz to 96 kHz
• Export at all popular bit depths up to 32 bits floating point audio
• Mix to mp3 and several other file formats
• Save in any file type you need, from studio quality wav files to high compression formats for sharing online
Developer: NCH Software
Developer: NCH Software
Some 3 years after it first appeared as the pioneering multitrack DAW for iPad, Meteor, has gone down the same path as Auria and now offers a ‘lite’ version with some scaled back features by default. This keeps the asking price down, and should you happen to need things like MIDI support and audio editing, you can still access these features through optional in app purchases. Read on for a refresher on what this full scale DAW offers –
Meteor is a digital multi-track recorder DAW designed specifically for the iPad, featuring up to 32 high quality audio or MIDI tracks, complete with built in Mixer and Multi-FX Processor.
•Record up to 12 tracks (upgradable to 32) of CD quality audio.
•Integrated 32 channel Mixer with 3 Band EQ per channel.
•Supports up to 24 Inputs and Outputs
•Midi Editor (In-App) Edit MIDI Note and Controllers
•Sound Cloud, DropBox, and Copy & Paste Support.
•Apple Inter App Audio (IAA).
•Import & Export Midi Files (In-App Required).
•MIDI Clock Sync with External Hardware.
•Integrated Sample Editor.
•3 Insert Effects Per Track.
•3 Global Send Effect Busses
•Insert Effect and Virtual Instrument Freeze facility to reduce CPU load.
•Record Effects & Record Monitor
•Mixer and Effect Automation
•Stereo Mixdown / Bounce Facility
•Import samples and iPod songs.
•Export to compressed CAF, M4A and WAV formats
•Automatic Delay Compensation
•In-App Purchases through the Online Shop found in the Help Menu
Editor features include cut, copy, paste, fade in/out. clear, reverse, gain, normalize, remove DC offset, time stretch, pitch shift and basic auto tune.
Effects include digital delay, chorus / flanger, reverb, graphic equalizer, auto tune, noise gate, tremelo, tone boost, distortion and many more.
The Mixer and effect levels can be fully automated using definable controller tracks.
Great tool for journalists, With The Video Import In-App you can import a video and Edit, Create and Export the Video and Soundtrack. Great for reporting on the go.
Supports up to 32 tracks on a 4th generation iPad (or later), 24 tracks on a 2nd or 3rd generation when used in conjunction with the In-App 12-32 Track Upgrade.
NOTE: This version of Meteor does does not include MIDI support, the WAVE Editor, or simultaneous multi-track recording which are available in the full version. You can however purchase these as In-Apps to give the same functionality of its bigger brother.
More than just a mixer, the Alesis iO MIX is a four-channel audio interface that delivers safe and secure iPad integration. Together, your iPad and iO MIX serve up a totally integrated recording studio that can accompany you down the street—or around the world. Simply slide in your iPad, attach the 30-pin or Lightning dock connector, and lift the hinged door into position. Your iPad is now safe and secure in a road-ready package that offers unlimited access to the multi-touch screen. Load up your iPad with any compatible Core Audio app—including GarageBand—and your studio is open for business.
- Record up to four channels at once—individually, or as a stereo mix
- 4 mixer channels; each with pan, level, peak LED indicator, plus Hi and Lo EQ
- The multi-touch color iPad display provides extensive control
- 4 XLR+1/4″ combo inputs feature low-cut filters and gain controls
- Phantom power, switchable for use with condenser microphones
- Guitar/line level switch on Channel 1 allows direct guitar or bass recording
- Main stereo outputs with level control; headphone output with separate level
- Direct mode for latency-free input monitoring while recording
- Core Audio-compliant: works with virtually any audio app in the App Store
- Hinged door completely encloses and protects your iPad
- Power supply also charges your iPad
- iO Mix
- Power supply
- Apple 30-pin dock connector
- Apple Lightning dock connector
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
For more details on pricing and availability – https://www.alesis.com/io-mix
I am totally blow away by this new app! It may not be affordable for everyone, but if you work with microphones in a professional studio/live stage environment on a daily basis, this would surely be an indespensible tool!… If you’ve purchased it, I’d love to hear your thoughts on how the app runs and what are the pros and cons…..Read on for the official blurb -
Arapolarmic is an innovative tool for the professional audio industry for monitoring the directivity of microphones and have a database with its technical characteristics (miclibrary) always with you.
Arapolarmic makes possible for the first time the visualization of the microphone and its polar pattern, integrated within its audio environment (microphone set and sound sources) using Augmented Reality technology, providing visual reinforcement in making decisions for positioning of microphones on any set.
Arapolarmic shows the polar pattern of the microphone models that are included in the miclibrary of your device in real time. The position and orientation of the microphone is captured through the camera of your iPad, which is then overlapped over its polar pattern, allowing the user to view through the screen its orientation and position. This feature permits the user to see immediately the polar pattern of the microphone relative to the sound sources.
It is a very useful tool for teaching audio, recording studios, microphone sales, sound engineers, music producers, musicians…
The system integrates a database with a library of microphones. The data sheet of each microphone’s model is quickly available without an internet connection. The fast access to the data makes Arapolarmic a reference tool for querying the technical specifications of professional microphones.
The new versions, also improve recognition system computer vision system, will include new features and new microphone models, also the most requested by users Arapolarmic, expanding the library of microphones and, therefore, the tool.
Requirements of the computer vision system:
- It is recommended to work with indirect or diffused light.
- The system operates under variable lighting conditions (cold, warm, strong, faint…) but a certain amount of light is necessary for the camera to detect the microphone.
- Avoid working under backlight conditions.
- Direct light to some microphone’s body models might cause reflections that could confuse the computer vision system (CVS).
- Conditions of fluorescent flashing light might cause less reliable tracking process (CVS). In this case, enhancing of the lighting conditions might improve the process.
- Arapolarmic requires some user interaction in the matching process. The proper matching of the virtual and real microphones before initializing the process of automatic matching is determinant in keeping the polar pattern aligned and on the right position. This process requires certain level of practice from the user.
The first Arapolarmic version requires working with soft movements while slowly moving away.
To best use the tool to see all 6 advised Arapolarmic tutorials available on our YouTube channel.
Arate the microphones!!!
For more information on Arapolarmic, follow us on the social networks, or visit our web site at www.aratechlabs.com
Mic models included in the first version:
AE5100, AT4021, AT4033 CL, AT 4053 b, AT5040, ATM 250, ATM 650, PRO 25ax
ADX 51, CX 212B, CX112B, D2, D4, D6, SCX25A, i5
M 160, M 201 TG, M 88 TG, MC 840, MC 930, TG D50d, TG D70d, TG I50d
N-D 468, N-D868, PL35, PL37, RE 20, RE 200, RE 320
LCT 340, LCT 640, LCT 940 , MTP 440 DM
- MOJAVE AUDIO
- ROYER LABS
R-121, R-121 Live, R-122, R-122 Live, R-122V
CMC 6 + MK4, CMC 6 + MK5
ELA M 251 E
- VIOLET DESIGN
AMETHYST, THE FINGER
There are a ton of videos demoing the software on the official site. This is just the intro video
Check out the official website for more videos – http://www.aratechlabs.com/
newest microphone, the NT-USB — a studio-grade microphone with the convenience of a digital USB interface.
The NT-USB is fully compatible with MacOS, Windows and iPad.
While RØDE’s Podcaster USB microphone was released in 2007, its primary focus is to provide broadcast-
quality voice recording, with its end-address configuration. The NT-USB on the other hand is a highly versatile
side-address microphone that is ideal for recording musical performances in addition to spoken applications
The microphone is fully compatible with all mainstream recording applications on both Windows and Mac
OS based computers, as well as the Apple iPad using RØDE Rec, GarageBand, or any other recording app that
accepts an external microphone. Use on the Apple iPad requires a suitable USB connection adaptor, such as
The body of the NT-USB features a zero-latency stereo headphone monitoring (3.5mm) jack, which allows
users to monitor the microphone input in realtime, along with dials to adjust the monitoring level and mix
between the computer/iPad audio and the microphone input.
A premium pop-filter is included, which fits onto the base of the mic, positioning the filter the ideal distance
from the capsule to minimise plosives (hard ‘B’, ‘T’ or ‘P’ sounds that produce a harsh sound) during singing or
speech. Also provided is a high-quality stand mount with industry standard 3/8” thread, desktop tripod stand
that allows the NT-USB to sit at a comfortable height on a tabletop, and a pouch for storage of the microphone
The NT-USB is supplied with an extended 24 month warranty, which is free of charge to customers that
register their microphone on www.rodemic.com.
For more information please visit www.rodemic.com/nt-usb.
***INTRODUCING NEW DAW-STYLE EDITING FEATURES IN VOCALIVE VERSION 2.0*** (available via in-app purchase)
VocaLive provides singers and vocalists with a suite of 12 real-time professional vocal effects along with a capable recorder for studio-quality sound in a portable package. The effects can be combined into a chain of 3 processors and saved as presets. A collection of up to 50 presets is included to get you up and running immediately.
VocaLive for iPhone includes 5 Vocal Effects – Pitch Fix (for tuning correction or stylized quantization FX), Choir (a 3-part harmonizer), Morph (a formant shifter to change the tonal quality of the voice from subtle deepening to radical gender bending), De-Esser (to remove sibilance from the voice), and Double (by registering) – along with 7 Studio Effects – Reverb, Delay, Parametric EQ, Compressor, Chorus, Phazer and Envelope Filter – that together provide unparalleled creative processing power.
With VocaLive you can record vocals and instruments, process your recordings with effects, sing along to any song in your iTunes Music library — its Voice Cancel feature lets you practice over the existing vocals — and warm up your voice with its helpful included vocal warm-up tools. VocaLive is an incredible professional vocal effects workstation that you can take with you anywhere.
And now you can also take advantage of VocaLive 2.0’s new studio section, which lets you record and edit audio like in a computer DAW. It has an intuitive interface that gives you a detailed waveform visualization (with a time grid and quick undo/redo), touch-and-drag looping, easy punch-in and punch-out recording, a quick per-channel FX enable/disable button and streamlined access to all recording and mixing controls.
For the best quality, use VocaLive on stage with iRig Mic HD, IK’s new high-quality handheld digital microphone. But you can also have fun with it and record quick ideas using the built-in microphone on your iPhone or earbuds.
VocaLive also supports digital audio input devices so you can use any standard 30-pin/Lightning audio interface.
Use a MIDI interface like iRig MIDI 2 to control your vocal processors “hands-free” with a MIDI floor controller.
VocaLive is Audiobus compatible*; use it with compatible audio apps in any Audiobus Slot.
• Real time vocal processor + recording app
• 3-processor vocal effects chain
• 12 professional studio-quality vocal effects
• Single-track recorder expandable to a full 4-track recording studio available for purchase in the in-app Shop
• Studio section* (available via in-app purchase) offers DAW-style features: waveform visualization and editing, touch-and-drag looping, normalization, punch-in/punch-out recording and more
• AutoFreeze (allows each track to have its own full effects chain)
• Import and play songs to be used as backing tracks directly from your Music library or computer
• Audiobus support*
• Voice Cancel feature lets you create sing-along backing tracks by removing the vocal track from existing recordings
• Audio Copy/Paste
• 50 presets included with 4 Favorites for fast recall
• Includes metronome and vocal warm-up tools
• MIDI controllable
• Digital Audio Support
• Low-latency for real time vocal processing
PreSonus® Capture™ for iPad® is a powerful 32-track audio recording application with up to 24-bit, 96 kHz fidelity and a lean and easy-to-use design. With level and pan control for balancing your tracks and essential editing features using intuitive finger gestures, Capture for iPad is the perfect mobile recording solution. Compatibility with PreSonus AudioBox iOne and iTwo USB/iPad interfaces (or any other MFi iPad interface) enables you to record high-quality audio anywhere inspiration strikes.
With Capture for iPad, you can record and save multiple songs on an iPad, and Capture is the only app that provides direct wireless transfer of your recordings to PreSonus Studio One® for Mac® or Windows® (version 2.6.3 or later), where you can edit and mix. A link to a free version of PreSonus Studio One is available in the app. Songs and individual tracks can also be copied using iTunes if the iPad is connected to the computer with a USB cable.
• Simple, intuitive, mobile recording solution for Apple iPad®
• Capture 32 audio tracks at up to 24-bit, 96 kHz
• One-tap recording
• Direct wireless transfer of sessions to PreSonus® Studio One®
• Editing functions include cut, copy, paste, split, and duplicate
• Level and Pan controls for balancing your tracks
• Saves in compact Apple Lossless format
• Works with any MFi-compatible interface, including PreSonus AudioBox iOne and iTwo
Compatible with iPad only. Requires second-generation iPad or newer, iPad Air, or iPad Mini and iOS 7 or later. Works with iPad-compatible (MFi) audio interface (including PreSonus AudioBox iOne and iTwo) or the internal iPad microphone.
For more details – http://www.presonus.com/products/Capture-for-iPad
Try out the limited FREE versionPreSonus Capture Duo
Developer: PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc.
The realistic sound of famous reverb equipment for your iPad and iPhone! Includes a large built-in library of the highest quality reverb impulses taken from actual devices and the possibility to upload your own reverb space impulses. Intuitive and compact user interface for maximum ease and efficiency.
Use this application together with Inter-App Audio hosts (like a DAW, Recorders or Audio file managers) or with Audiobus for adding studio quality reverberation effects to the sound of other music applications or pre-recorded tracks.
AltiSpace can also be used with external audio interfaces for real-time sound processing. Suitable for live performance or in the studio together with other equipment.
What is the convolution reverb?
Briefly, convolution reverb is based on a process that digitally ‘captures’ the reverb characteristics of another reverb effects unit or the reverb response of a real acoustic space. It is based on the mathematical convolution operation, and uses a pre-recorded audio sample of the impulse response of the device or space being modeled. The process of convolution multiplies each sample of the audio to be processed (reverberated) with the samples in the impulse response file.
● More than 200 samples of factory presets from different devices.
● High-quality and fast convolution algorithm with 64 bit operations.
● Wide range of reverberation types such as plates, springs, halls, rooms, etc.
● Preset hotkeys with possibility to save current sample and all its parameters.
● Convenient choice sample by device name, by reverb type or in complete list.
● All processing parameters are stored for each sample.
● Pre/post parametric equalizer with cut-off filters.
● Possibility to construct the envelope (like ADSR) for device sample.
● Adjusting stereo width and modulation for reverb output.
● Additional mode ‘reverb only output’ for use with mixing consoles.
● Possibility to upload additional samples in different audio formats.
● Uploading samples through Web access, audio clipboard, from another app and iTunes.
● Detailed application description with an overview of famous reverb equipment.
● Different color schemes available for the user interface.
Pocket Studio: Produce an album or 2, or 3 on your iOS devices!
- Import Multitrack BeatPad Music
- BeatPad users can now download BeatPad plugin kits free when BeatPad app is installed
- Import multitrack audio stored in a zip. (Use Dropbox or some online drive app to open zip in Pocket Studio.
Don’t pay for studio time, Buy the Studio!
–HEADPHONES REQUIRED FOR RECORDING
–LongPress Track in mixer then tap lower colored area to name track. (Guitar, Lead Vox, Snare, etc.)
- BeatPad Module: tap folder button/new/newTrack/midi then tap the midi track’s input to select BeatPad
- Recording Input: Tap “input” on any track to set the audio source, tap the top record enable button on the track, tap the lower right record button on the menu bar/transport then tap play to begin recording.
metronome button to show tap tempo screen,
track input on iPad to quickly show BeatPad module,
wave and midi boxes on wave page
- Audiobus: close Pocket Studio then open it via Audiobus to sync audio buffers
- Beauty, Functionality and Quality all in 1 app.
- Import iPod Music + your BeatPad beats & Record 90+ tracks of HD music and vocals in Pocket Studio!
Pocket Studio is light-years ahead of the competition and quite frankly, costs a fraction.
• 96 Tracks! YES, NINETY SIX TRACKS! Create as many tracks up to 96 as your iOS device will let you.
• BeatPad midi plugin: Tap the folder icon/new/track/midi then tap the Midi Track’s input button to select BeatPad.
– (Create Stereo Audio track and set input to ausiobus. Sometimes, multiple attempts to pair are required.)
• Record Digital Audio from devices plugged into dock connector
• Multiple sample rate options
• Record audio and midi tracks in each session
• Available reverb and delay effect sends for each track
• Unlimited Songs
• Beautiful Design
• Import Audio from Your Music Library
– Documents/iPod Library
• Import audio from your iTunes-Synced Documents Folder
• Import audio from email
– Tap/hold audio attachment and select open-in Pocket Studio
• Record audio from thousands of online radio stations
– Set Online Radio as input and select a station
• Quantize midi tracks to keep notes in sync
• Tap and hold metronome button to reveal metronome UI
• Tap and hold Input button to quickly reveal input plugin (BeatPad or Online Radio for example)
• 118 BeatPad Kits available for download
• Quick Punch Recording
• Tap Docs button/NewTrack/Midi then set BeatPad as the input to create BeatPad midi tracks