The Auphonic Recorder is a high-quality audio recorder with focus on ease of use, audio quality and stability.
Record your raw microphone signals without any iOS pre-processing, in an uncompressed (PCM audio) or compressed (AAC) format, written to disk every moment to avoid data loss if the app gets killed.
In combination with the integrated Auphonic web service, you can post-process, encode, tag and publish your podcasts, interviews, music recordings on the go with a single click.
Our recording interface displays the current maximum peak level, you can add and edit chapter markers and it also records in background while using other apps.
A simple editor shows the recorded waveform, where you can edit start/stop and chapter markers, export and process the audio file using the Auphonic web service or share it with other iOS apps.
The app includes Share Sheet and Open In functionality, to import audio from other iOS apps and export it to Auphonic.
Features of the Auphonic web service:
• Encode your audio files in MP3, Opus, AAC/MP4, Ogg Vorbis, ALAC, FLAC, WAV and more
• Metadata/tagging and chapter marks support for all file formats
• Loudness Normalization to new broadcast standards: EBU R128, ATSC A/85, mobile audio and more
• Intelligent Leveler: balances levels between speakers, music and speech – no compressor knowledge required
• Automatic Noise and Hum Reduction: classifies regions with different backgrounds and automatically removes noise
• Filtering of disturbing frequencies
• Publish your results automatically via YouTube, SoundCloud, Podlove Publisher, Spreaker, Libsyn, Blubrry, Archive.org, Dropbox, (S)FTP, HTTP, Google Drive, WebDAV, Amazon S3, etc.
Blocs Wave is a music creation app designed to inspire new musical ideas. Easily combine original professional sounds across a wide array of genres. Tweak your sounds using beautiful touchable waveforms, and make your ideas even more unique. Record your vocals and instruments, and bring your ideas to life within minutes.
Get it now at a special introductory price!
• Start new music – Quickly tap sounds to combine and make new original musical ideas.
• Make every sound unique – Tweak sounds using beautiful touchable waveforms.
• Record new sounds – Effortlessly capture your own sounds, vocals and instruments.
• Explore and combine your sounds from a huge library – Explore amazing sounds across genres from EDM to dubstep, indie to songwriting and tons more.
• Expand your collection – Download even more sounds from an ever expanding pro library
• Real-time stretch – Change bpm while playing, and blocs will adapt.
• Record with Low-Latency
• Export & Import – Bring in your own sounds from other apps, or export to them.
• Key aware – All library sounds are ‘key aware’ and can stay in-key.
• Works well with others – Audiobus, AudioCopy, AudioShare, and hardware input and outputs supported.
LooperSonic is a multi-track audio looper and recorder that will take your loops to the next level. Use it like a loop pedal to make loops, and then arrange those loops into complete songs with cut, copy, trim, paste, reverse, and undo/redo.
Record a loop by tapping the record button at the beginning and the end of the loop just as you would with a loop pedal. Or start the metronome and set your loop to count in for hands free looping. Change the loop points on the fly while recording new loops without stopping playback. You can also do straight recordings without looping.
Use cut, copy, trim, and paste to structure your loops and recordings into a song. Turn a loop into a backing track for a verse by duplicating a loop for a few bars. Merge tracks to make room for more recordings. Undo and redo recordings and edits up to 100 times.
When you change the tempo, the pitch changes along with it, like a record player. Use this to make a guitar sound like a bass, or to sing out of your range. Along with the reverse feature you can make some pretty cool effects.
Get audio in and out using Inter-App audio, AudioBus, and/or audio copy/paste. Share individual clips or a whole song mix with ease. Audio can be copied from song to song. Or a selection of clips can be mixed down and shared without stopping playback.
-Undo/Redo up to 100 times
-Inter-App Audio support
-Audio Copy/Paste from other apps
-Change pitch and tempo like a record player
-Track volume, and mute/solo
-Join multiple clips (bounce)
-Supports 4/4, 3/4, and 6/8 time signatures
-Sharing is super easy
LooperSonic makes loops the same way a loop pedal does and just like a loop pedal, it requires precise timing to make a good loop. All sounds in LooperSonic are created by the user. For the best experience, make sure to wear headphones.
Apple’s much loved family-friendly GarageBand has just been given a sprinkle of new features. The two main additions are the new Live Loops feature and the Virtual Drummer feature that exists already in Logic Pro X and the Mac version of GarageBand. Naturally, the update is free to current owners, or USD$4.99 for new purchases.
What’s New in Version 2.1
• Use Live Loops to create music by triggering instrument loops and DJ-style effects in real time using Multi-Touch gestures*
• Add a virtual Drummer to your song who takes direction and performs realistic acoustic & electronic drum grooves
• Record adjustments of any Touch Instrument control knob in real time
• Create and edit automation curves to control the volume of any track
• Shape the sound of a Touch Instrument or audio recording using Simple EQ and Compressor
• Plug in a bass guitar and play through vintage and modern bass amp rigs
• Adds over 1,200 new Apple Loops and sounds
• Record up to 32 tracks simultaneously**
• Use third-party instrument apps in your song with Audio Unit Extensions***
• Directly import or export GarageBand projects using iCloud Drive
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch****
Music Memos is the easiest way for songwriters to capture and organise new musical ideas. Use your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to record acoustic guitar, piano, voice or any musical instrument as high-quality, uncompressed audio. Then name, tag and rate your ideas to start building a library of all your favourite new song parts and riffs. Music Memos automatically detects your tempo, rhythmic feel and chords, and lets you instantly hear your musical idea accompanied by a rhythm section with realistic drums and bass. View the chords you’ve played, add comments and lyrics, or share your recordings with friends or directly to Apple Music Connect.* And it’s easy to take your favourite ideas into GarageBand, so you can add more instruments and continue building your song.
Quickly capture musical ideas
• Easily record any musical idea using a simple interface
• Instantly listen to your recorded song ideas with a virtual drummer and bass player, who follow along like a live band in the room
• Adjust the groove and sound of the drum or bass using simple and intuitive controls, to hear your song idea in different ways
• Tune your guitar with a built-in instrument tuner
Build a library of song ideas
• Name any song idea, or delete unwanted recordings
• Tag your song ideas to help you find them later — using keywords like verse, chorus, mellow and energetic — or add your own customised tags
• Rate your song idea with 1–5 stars to help you identify your favourites
• Supports iCloud Drive so your library of song ideas are always safe and available across all your iOS devices
View, edit and document your song ideas
• Automatically analyses the music you played, and displays musical measures and suggested chord names
• Rename or provide further detail for any chord names throughout your song
• The drum and bass performances adapt immediately to match any chord and rhythm edits
• Trim away any unwanted parts from the beginning and end of your recording
• Keep track of comments, lyric ideas, alternate guitar tunings or capo position
Share your new song
• Use iCloud Drive to make your song ideas available across all your iOS devices
• Email any song idea to a friend, to share your music or to collaborate with other musicians
• Quickly open your idea in GarageBand for iOS, to add more instruments and keep building your song
• Export a song idea to Mac so you can work on it in GarageBand or Logic Pro X as a full multi-track production
• Share to SoundCloud, YouTube and Apple Music Connect*
Group the Loop brings intelligent audio looping to the iPad. Record, loop, overdub, add effects and much more! The must have music creation tool for performers, song writers and beat boxers.
Create entire songs with complex verse, bridge and chorus structures then switch between them in real time.
Build intricate layers and construct brilliant textured soundscapes with limitless overdubbing and perfectly synchronised loops.
Jam along with ‘Drummer’, a realistic drum machine with a comprehensive collection of styles and beats to choose from.
– Record and loop your voice or instrument.
– Group together loops and create multiple sections (e.g. Verse, Bridge, Chorus).
– Record and switch between groups in real time.
– ‘Master group’ for loops that play throughout your song. Great for drums and percussion.
– Realtime effects including reverb, delay and audio filters.
– Add effects to any loop or the audio input.
– COUNT IN – Keep your hands free and let Group the Loop count you in to record.
– Drummer – Jam along to a comprehensive collection of grooves and beats.
– AudioShare compatible – Import and export loops via AudioShare.
– Limitless overdubbing.
– Undo / redo overdub layers.
– Fully customisable metronome.
– Adjust volume and pan for each loop or group.
– Label loops.
– Record in multiples of your first loop or the session clock.
– Headphone monitoring. Monitor your instrument through your headphones.
– CUE – Automatically start and stop recording loops.
– No CUE – Instant and continuous recording whilst still keeping your loops in perfect sync.
– Record your song/performance in real time then share it with the world.
– Move loops between groups.
– Merge two loops and free up space.
– Sample accurate recording to keep your loops in perfect sync.
– High resolution waveform display for every loop.
– Plug in an audio interface and connect directly to a PA or amplifier.
– Plug in a MIDI foot pedal and control Group the Loop with your feet.
Following a sneak preview at the start of this year, WaveMachine Labs has finally released the successor to it’s acclaimed multitrack DAW for iPad.
Auria Pro, adds a ton of professional new features and improvements, of which I’ll go into detail about in an upcoming review. But for now, some of the big new features include – MIDI recording and editing – including a Piano Roll editor, plus there’s a powerful multi-format sampler, and then not one but two built-in synths from Fabfilter, plus real-time quantizing and audio warping, and enhanced bus routing, external hard drive support, not to mention a stylish make over of the user interface, and dare I say…much more…
*** Please note that a supported hardware device is required to unlock the feature set of Cubasis LE (unless unlocked Cubasis LE runs in demo mode). Please visit http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisle for more details. (Or watch the video below) ***
Cubasis LE is the compact version of Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad, providing the same look and feel of its bigger brother Cubasis. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis LE makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. With MicroSonic, Cubasis LE includes a virtual instrument to be played in real time using the flexible virtual keyboard. Song ideas can be captured with up to four audio and four MIDI tracks and further edited and polished to perfection with the integrated editors, mixer and selected effects. Thanks to the Cubasis project importer, Cubasis LE projects can be even opened in Cubase – both on Windows and OS X. With touch-intuitive production tools, Cubasis LE opens up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
• Up to 4 audio and 4 MIDI tracks
• 2 assignable physical inputs and stereo output
• 32-bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of 16-bit/44.1 kHz
• iOS 32 and 64-bit support (depending on the device used)
• MicroSonic with 25 virtual instrument sounds
• Mixer with 4 effect processors
• Virtual keyboard
• Sample Editor and Key Editor
• Export to Cubase
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• Import audio from your iTunes music library
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• Unlock all the features of the full Cubasis version via in-app purchase
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2
Ferrite combines the ease-of-use of a “voice memo” audio recorder, with a versatile multi-track editing studio — and powerful additional tools like effects & automation available when you need them.
With time-saving features and a UI designed to get out of your way, this is the app you need for podcasting, radio journalism, or other professional voice production like lectures, speeches, and voiceovers.
— Streamlined Recording —
Open Ferrite and with just one tap you’re recording. No fuss, and it won’t break a sweat even with hours-long sessions. Just make sure your device has enough free space!
Recording an interview and you want to highlight a few quotes? Have to take out some inappropriate language? Or just fluffed a sentence and need to fix it? Bookmark moments during your recording and they’ll be flagged up during edits, so you can jump right to them.
Monitor levels with live recording meters, or listen through headphones. Tag your audio to find it quickly later. And of course you can import audio from your Music Library, iCloud, and other services such as Dropbox.
Please note: the free version has limited duration for recording & editing projects. Upgrade, and you can edit projects up to 24 hours long!
— Editing is a Snip —
Ferrite features full multi-track editing, from quick cuts, up to producing a complete podcast or broadcast package. Zoom out to see hours at a glance, or zoom in all the way down to individual samples.
Take a single clip, or a bunch, and arrange them in an editing project: moving, cropping, slicing, fading in and out, or crossfade between clips just by overlapping them. Arrange your clips on tracks, with full control over each track’s volume and panning, and Mute or Solo as needed.
And best of all, you needn’t fear trying out changes: Ferrite has great Undo/Redo — even if you quit the app and come back a month later, you can still undo all the way back to the moment you created your project!
— Advanced Editing Features —
Need more? Ferrite also includes:
• Automatic ducking: set tracks to “duck under” others (e.g. ducking music behind voice-overs)
• Strip Silence: Carves away all the silent sections from a recording, making it easy to edit the remaining audio
With a single In-App Purchase, you can unlock these additional tools:
• Add professional effects to your tracks such as Noise Gate and Dynamic Range Compression, for projects that sound clean and engaging
• Automate volume, panning and effects settings so they vary over time, both on individual tracks and the final mix
• Adjust automated settings during playback to record your changes into the timeline
• If you need the most precise control, you can create or fine-tune automation curves directly
— Bonus Features in iOS 9 —
• Find your recordings and projects direct from your Home Screen, with Spotlight support
• iPad Split View and Slide Over support: Use Ferrite side-by-side with other apps. Recording a narration? Open another app with your script and place Ferrite down the side of the screen. Or open the User Guide in Safari on one side while you learn Ferrite on the other.
Bonus features available on compatible devices only. Please see our support pages for more details. Maximum number of tracks available depends on the speed of your device.
IK Multimedia, the leader in mobile music creation technology, is pleased to announce iRig® Pro DUO, the first truly mobile high-definition dual-channel mobile audio and MIDI interface for iPhone/iPad, Mac/PC and Android devices. The smallest fully-featured dual-channel interface, iRig Pro DUO finally frees musicians to create inspired music on the go with studio-quality audio and a whole suite of features found in interfaces costing three times the price. Designed and made in Italy, it comes fully loaded with everything musicians and producers need to record on the move.
iRig Pro DUO features two XLR/TRS combo audio input jacks with gain controls and phantom power, ultra-low noise/high-headroom preamps, high-end 24-bit AD/DA converters, MIDI IN/OUT jacks for connecting controllers and other MIDI devices, a stereo pair of TRS balanced output jacks and a headphone out with level control. To top it all off, it’s also truly self-powered via 2 AA batteries and comes with an array of additional powering options. No other studio-quality audio interface offers this level of portability at such an affordable price. And, most remarkably, it manages to fit all of these features (and more) into an extremely compact enclosure that fits easily into the palm of a hand. With iRig Pro DUO, true mobility for portable simultaneous 2-channel recording and processing has finally arrived for everyone.
What makes iRig Pro DUO stand out in the crowded interface market is its remarkable level of portability and professional audio quality. Designed to fit recording studio specifications into a travel-ready enclosure, it is the smallest fully-featured dual-channel interface available. Its compact size and multitude of powering options make it ideally suited for use while on the move – for true “off the grid” performance, iRig Pro DUO can be powered by 2 AA batteries (included). Plus, iRig Pro DUO can be powered via USB for Mac/PC or via an optional wall power adapter. This means that it’s ideal for use everywhere: on the road, at a gig, in the studio and anywhere in between. It’s a perfectly portable self-contained mobile studio solution for the musician or producer who wants the utmost in recording quality and versatility.
iRig Pro DUO is the most compact dual-channel interface available. Measuring just 130 x 75 x 38 mm, it fits easily into a gig bag, laptop bag, pocket or the palm of a hand.
True pro quality
iRig Pro DUO’s high-grade analogue circuitry and no compromise power supply design provide studio-quality sound on the go. Its dual XLR/TRS audio input jacks can be used to plug in guitars, basses, keyboards, line-level instruments and microphones to capture pristine and transparent 24-bit audio on the go. Players can record two channels of audio simultaneously using two instruments, two studio microphones or any combination of instruments they desire. It’s perfect for singer/songwriters, guitar and bass jammers, duet singers and more – the possibilities are infinite. MIDI controllers and instruments can be connected with ease thanks to iRig Pro DUO’s MIDI IN/OUT jacks. All the required cables for connecting MIDI hardware are included (TRS to MIDI-DIN).
With its dual inputs, musicians can make multi-track recordings on the fly. iRig Pro DUO can accommodate high-end phantom powered condenser microphones – 48V phantom power is available with the flip of a switch. Sound can be conveniently monitored with zero latency via either its 2 balanced TRS outputs or its headphone out jack with onboard level control.
iRig Pro DUO’s high-quality balanced outputs can easily drive any kind of input. They deliver a stunningly clear audio signal thanks to its exceptional output drivers. The totally floating design of iRig Pro DUO’s balanced outputs protect it from potential ground loop issues and buzz when performing onstage with iOS devices or laptops. This superior design makes it the ideal audio interface for live performing musicians that want to connect their gear directly to the stage audio system without having to use any special cables or problematic DI Boxes.
True studio sound
When it comes to recording interfaces, they’re really only as good as they sound – and iRig Pro DUO sounds absolutely fantastic. This is due to world class AD/DA conversion, no compromise analogue stages, superior power supply, ultra-low noise and high-headroom preamps and professional balanced audio outputs. Simply put, iRig Pro DUO lets musicians and producers make great sounding recordings with all the musical subtlety and nuance of a pro studio interface, but in an extremely mobile form-factor.
Truly loaded with apps
iRig Pro DUO also comes with over $/€450 worth of useful apps and software from IK Multimedia that allow it to work right out of the box. These include powerful tools like AmpliTube® Metal,SampleTank® SE and T-RackS® Classic for Mac and PC as well as a full complement of recording and processing apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices. iRig Pro DUO is loaded with everything needed to fuel creativity and enhance productivity. For the complete list of included software and apps, please visit www.irigproduo.com/apps
iRig Pro DUO is also fully compatible with a wide variety of third party apps and software, like Cubasis, ProStudio Vocal FX, MultiTrack DAW, Samsung Soundcamp and more. It’s also compatible with Apple’s GarageBand and Logic Pro X apps, and iOS Voice Memos and more.
Pricing and availability
iRig Pro DUO is now shipping and available from music and electronics retailers worldwide, and from the IK online store, for only $/€199.99 (excluding taxes).