Multi-Track Song Recorder Pro is a premier iOS music recording app. MTSR Pro allows you to record up to 4 tracks for infinite recording time with an advertising free experience. Made to be easy to use for beginners, but has the depth for creative and more advanced music recording.
Playing back all tracks in CD quality; 16 bit, 44.1kHz
Pause, seek, and scrub through recorded audio easily to help write/record your music
Includes 2 different audio viewing options; Volume meter and Waveform. Each shows detailed audio information including peaks and clipping
Includes Mixdown function to merge audio tracks and export as m4a (MPEG-4 – AAC) compressed audio files
Includes Metronome with 3/4 and 4/4 time signatures
Allows volume control on each track for simple mixing
Allows you to save/load your Audio Sessions
Allows you to import music from your device’s iPod Library into any track you wish
Includes Dropbox support, which lets you export your songs directly to your Dropbox
Multi Track Song Recorder is the perfect iOS app for musicians looking to write and record simple songs at home or on the fly! Also useful for lecture notes, voice memos, and song ideas!
Tips and hints:
When recording one track, all other tracks will play as well. Wearing headphones will avoid recording the other tracks into the armed track and causing bleed-through.
The play button at the bottom serves to play all tracks.
The pause button at the bottom is a universal pause that pauses any track that is playing. When paused you can resume play of a different track or all tracks at the time position that was paused.
The slider at the bottom is used to seek or scrub through the recorded audio. Scrubbing is when you seek through audio while its playing in real time. To scrub simply drag the slider at any time while audio is playing. You can seek similarly by dragging the slider when audio is paused or stopped, this places the time position you would like the audio to start.
Adjust volume by dragging the slider of the corresponding track.
Warning: If your device does not have a microphone you must use headphones with an integrated microphone in order to record.
Don’t forget to submit a review and stay tuned for more updates coming soon!
It’s not even NAMM, and the cool gear we can expect to see on store shelves over the coming months are surfacing like this new iPad audio interface from Focusrite.
Focusrite announces a revolution in iPad recording with the introduction of iTrack Dock – the complete music recording solution for iPad. iTrack Dock is a comprehensive studio-quality Lightning iPad recording interface, featuring dual legendary Focusrite microphone preamps plus two line inputs and an instrument DI, independent stereo monitor and headphone outputs, and a USB port for class-compliant MIDI instruments and controllers. iTrack Dock provides everything required to record, monitor and control music on Lightning iPad – with precision Focusrite digital conversion at up to 24-bit, 96kHz sampling. It even charges and powers the iPad at the same time.
The Focusrite recording dock for your iPad: Sleek Focusrite industrial design provides the perfect platform to dock, charge and record music with the new generation of iPads – iPad(4th Gen) / iPad Air / iPad mini / iPad mini with retina display
Record and monitor at superior resolution: iTrack Dock is the best sounding iPad-based workstation, featuring premium Focusrite A-D/D-A conversion with over 105dB dynamic range, operating at up to 24bit, 96kHz sample rates.
Legendary Focusrite mic preamps: Two Focusrite mic pres, as featured in the Scarlett range of USB audio interfaces, include 48V Phantom power for use with condenser microphones. iTrack Dock also features Focusrite’s unique “Gain Halos” – a ring of light around the input gain control – to easily set the input gain: green for healthy signal, red if it’s too hot.
Dedicated maximum headroom guitar DI: iTrack Dock provides a guitar input with plenty of clean, clear headroom to capture both quiet and loud guitars with stunning clarity.
USB MIDI port connects and powers a MIDI controller: USB MIDI port for class compliant MIDI controller connectivity (MIDI + power) – perfect for connecting a Novation Launchkey or Launchkey Mini.
Works with any Core Audio app: From GarageBand to Cubasis, Auria and beyond, iTrack Dock expands the functionality of any Core Audio application – and with its built-in Core Audio driver there’s no setup required.
High quality outputs with over 105dB dynamic range: Balanced main monitor outputs plus a stereo headphone output, with more than enough power for headphones and powered monitor speakers.
Latency-free direct monitoring: iTrack Dock’s direct monitoring sends your input signal straight to the headphone and main monitor outputs for perfect timing.
Stereo line inputs: Connect synths, drum machines, CD players and more with balanced stereo line in.
Versatile recording app included: Includes the Tape by Focusrite app for iPad, which offers instant recording, mastering and sharing without the complexities of traditional music-making software.
For a full rundown on the features, click here - http://uk.focusrite.com/ipad-audio-interfaces/itrack-dock
Both audio and MIDI tracks can be edited. MIDI editing features include pianoroll, drum and score editors.
The straightforward user-interface has been designed with tape-based recording in mind. It’s easy to use yet powerful.
* Up to 16 audio/MIDI tracks, audio tracks can be mono or stereo.
* Editors: audio, pianoroll, drum, score, MIDI controllers, timesig/tempo and song.
* One effect return section.
* One master section.
* Three effect slots per mixer section (two for MIDI tracks).
* Effects: Automated Fader, Chorus, Compressor, DeEsser, Echo, EQ, Flanger, Guitar Amp, Master Limiter, Noise Gate, Phaser, Pseudo Stereo, Reverb, Saturator, Tremolo, Tuner and Vibrato.
* MIDI instruments: MultitrackStudio Instruments (General MIDI compatible) and one CoreMIDI output device.
* MIDI sources: onscreen keyboard (keyboard, drum and various string layouts) and one CoreMIDI input device.
* Audio sample rate: 44.1 or 48 kHz.
* Imports .wav, .aif, .mp3, .mid and various other audio file types.
* Exports .wav and .mid files
* Exports .zip file containing all files needed to open song in MultitrackStudio for Windows/OS X.
Note: MultitrackStudio for iPad does NOT support Bluetooth audio devices, AudioCopy, AudioBus or inter-app audio.
Apogee Electronics has introduced MiC 96k, a professional digital microphone for iPad, iPhone and Mac. A spokesperson told us, “You can use MiC 96k to record vocals, voice overs, acoustic guitar, piano, drums or anything in-between. Inspired by the most revered and classic microphones in history, MiC 96k is designed to sound amazing and be easy for anyone to use with their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.”
Here’s more details direct from Apogee:
Introduced in 2011, the original MiC has become the mobile microphone of choice for both aspiring and professional artists looking for that big-studio sound. The new MiC 96k, which features the same look and portable form factor as the original, now provides the ability to make higher fidelity recordings – up to 24-bit/96kHz – and includes an iOS Lighting cable as well as a microphone stand adapter in the box. Like its predecessor, MiC 96k also includes an iOS 30-pin cable, Mac USB cable, and table-top tripod stand.
MiC 96k Highlights
- PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality
- Designed for voice and acoustic instrument recording
- Studio quality cardioid condenser microphone
- Up to 96kHz, 24-bit analog-to-digital recording
- Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac
- Includes iOS Lightning cable, iOS 30-pin cable, Mac USB cable
- Simple setup, you can start recording in minutes
- Apogee engineered microphone preamp with up to 40dB of gain
- Control knob allows easy input level adjustment
- Multicolor LED for status indication and input level monitoring
- All metal construction
- Microphone stand adapter included
- No batteries or external power required
- Compatible with GarageBand, Logic Pro and Pro Tools
- Made in the U.S.A.
Pricing and Availability:
$229 USD. Now Shipping Worldwide
Great Mobile Recording Studio App in your pocket.
Import any instrumental from your computer.
Email Importing directly into the App
*SoundCloud included to Share Music On FaceBook, Twitter, Tumblr and more directly from ProStudioFX
*iTunes File Sharing *Record unlimited layers of audio on the same track
Reverb Early Reflections Settings, Late Reflections, Decay Time settings
*Track Length – Unlimited *Record Quality – 44.001 kHz Higher *Input Audio Decibel meter
*Calibrating Faders *Import any instrumental you from your computer.
*Latency compensation – within 1 ms *Unlimited Project *Bounce 2 track audio to M4a *Import MP3/M4A
*Unlimited Instrumental count
*Export Sounds into Computer and Burn to CD
*Export sounds to Mixing Software of your choice
*Purchase more Instrumentals (Top Recording Producers)
*Simply Make a Song in a matter of minutes.
*Record Audio playback Live Audio Monitoring.
*Email Import Function. mp3 m4a, and wav
*Mic Volume Meter Control
*instrumental Volume Meter Control
*AudioBus – connect your music apps together
*Grammy Award Winning Producers Beats added.
*IOS 7 ready
* Works on the iPad
*Updated the Recording Engines,
iPod Touch use your built in earpiece mic to record.
n-Track Studio is an audio and MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks, mix them during playback and add effects.
You can also edit, cut, copy and paste, zoom and drag waveforms.
All the audio tracks are saved as standard wave files and mixed “on the fly” during playback.
Once you are satisfied with the recording you can send it by email with a touch of the finger. Or you can mixdown the recorded song in standard .wav or .m4a format which you can later open with any 3rd party audio application or use to create an audio CD. You can also export the song in multitrack .sng format and open it with the desktop (Mac and Windows) version of n-Track.
2nd and 3rd generation iPod Touch devices require an external mic.
How it works
• Record a base track (i.e. rythm guitar) with the built-in mic
• Plug a standard headphone, record a solo or vocal track while listening to the rythm track
• Press play to listen to the multitrack recording, use the mixer to adjust levels, pan, apply EQ add effects
• Email the recording directly from your device
• The max number of tracks depends on the device capabilities, with the iPad or iPhone 4 you can typically use 10 tracks or more
• EQ with Spectrum analyzer + chromatic guitar Tuner
• Import existing tracks from your iTunes library
• Reverb, Echo, Chorus+Flanger, Tremolo, Pitch Shift, Phaser, Tube-Amp and Compression effects can be added to any track and master channel
• MIDI tracks with builtin synth featuring 128 General MIDI instrument sounds, MIDI editing in the Piano Roll window, support for external MIDI keyboard and inter-app MIDI
• n-Track is available for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Exchange and share your projects on all your desktop and mobile devices
• Supports Audiobus: you can send audio from other apps to n-Track, play your favorite instrument app and record the output inside n-Track alongside the device mic/line input. Each Audiobus app can be recorded to a separate track
• Supports interapp audio: receive audio from instrument apps (interapp audio requires iOS 7)
• Support for multichannel external audio devices on the iPad: record 4 or more tracks simultaneously from pro-audio devices such as the RME Babyface, Fireface, Focusrite Scarlett etc.
• Choose microphone on multi-mic devices and set microphone polar pattern (e.g. cardiod, omnidirectional)
• Set recording resolution to 16, 24 or 32 bits
• Set sampling frequency up to 192 khz (frequencies above 48000 hz require an external audio device)
• Allows monitoring and processing live audio input with near-zero latency
• Automate track volumes and pan using volume and pan envelopes
• Use group channels to group and process tracks together
• Support for multiple audio output when using compatible USB devices
• 3D frequency spectrum
• AudioCopy & Paste allows transferring audio files between compatible apps
Standard vs Pro editions
• n-Track Pro includes all the features that are otherwise available as in-app purchases for the n-Track app. In short n-Track Pro = n-Track + all available in-app purchases
So if you don’t own Propellerhead’s Figure, or Apple’s GarageBand, grab them while they are being given away, especially GarageBand which has just received a big update.Figure
Developer: Propellerhead Software AB
Developer: Apple Inc.
Are you a fan of Auria? The guys at WaveMachine Labs would like to know more about it, and are willing to reward you for telling them. Though rather than some simple ’25 words or less’ competition, they want you to record a short video ‘showing’ how you use this powerful recording app, and it can be as ‘lo-fi’ as a phone recorded video to as slick and professional as you like, although they’re note awarding extra points for a James Cameron production. Just capture yourself doing what you do, and send it in! Here’s a link to the details on the competition, or you can just keep reading the details below – http://review.wizehive.com/contests/auria-video-contest
“WHAT THE #%&@ ARE YOU DOING WITH AURIA”
It’s hard to believe, but it’s been just over a year since we launched Auria. So, we decided this would be a great time to give a really big THANK YOU to our loyal customers, and at the same time learn more about how Auria is being used in the real world. So, we are announcing:
The $11,000 “WHAT THE #%&@ ARE YOU DOING WITH AURIA” Video Contest!
The focus is on you and your music or whatever else you are using Auria for. What kind of projects are you working on? How has working on the iPad changed how you work? Which plug-ins do you use most often? These are just some sample questions. We want to know what’s on YOUR mind. So here’s the deal:
We are inviting you to show us how you are using Auria in a video up to 4 minutes long. You can focus on a project/song you are working on and the sound track of the video can include the entire song, just excerpts, or no song at all. You can focus on recording, editing, mixing, or all three. You can tell us about techniques that you have come up with to work faster or better. You can shoot it with your phone or whatever device you have. We’re not looking for Hollywood quality video here – it’s the content that matters! We will take all your submitted videos, pick the finalists, and post them on our contest site for the public to vote on. Submissions that have the most interesting and engaging content, in the opinion of the judges, will be moved into the final public round of voting. Oh, and by the way, in addition to the WaveMachine Labs team, we’ll be getting some help in picking the finalists from Grammy Award winning composer/producer/engineer David Kahne and legendary producer/engineer Bob Bullock. (Listing their respective credits would take up WAY too much space, but you can check them out for yourself on the web.) In this business, it never hurts to get your work in front of top pros like Bob and David.
So it’s a win-win deal. We get smarter about how people are using Auria and you get a chance to win some awesome prizes for sharing your stories with us.
“Okay”, you might be wondering, “what are the prizes!?” We did go a little crazy here, thanks to our insanely great sponsors: AKG, Apogee and JBL Pro. In fact, we went all the way to “11” – 11 thousand dollars in prizes, that is. Our first prize package alone is worth over $7,000 and is pretty much a dream system for any iOS producer. And the second and third prizes are pretty great too! Click on the PRIZES tab above to see for yourself. When you are ready to jump in, head on over to the HOW TO ENTER and ENTER NOW tabs and GET IN THE GAME!
Moo Cow Music have been quiet for awhile, and now I know why! They’ve been working on this comprehesive band-in-a-box music production app! Looks very interesting indeed.
Ever wanted a recording studio in the palm of your hand? Looptical is a complete music production solution for iPhone and iPod touch.
Record your musical ideas on the go and mix them into a finished track, or use them as the basis for a new project back at your studio. Create looped sections of music and combine them to form larger musical sections until you have a finished song. Going from an initial riff idea to full track is easy with Looptical. Then mix the track with comprehensive effects and fully automated mixer controls, or export the MIDI and component audio tracks to your DAW when back at the studio to take your song one step further.
- Play keys with a single or dual 128 key keyboard layout, complete with pitch/mod wheel.
- Use the Scale Keyboard to play scales effortlessly by sliding a finger up and down the screen.
- Strum your way through your own palette of chords with the Chord Guitar.
- Use the Latched Arpeggiator to turn simple chords into sequences of notes.
- Use Quantize to tidy up your performance, and Undo any mistakes.
GO FROM RIFF TO FULL SONG
- Songwriting in Looptical involves creating Loops: building blocks for a song that could be a one bar bassline, an 8 bar chorus, or a 100 bar indulgent guitar solo.
- Use the Loop Bank to combine, merge, repeat, and insert these Loops to form larger riffs, and ultimately a complete song.
- Use the Event List to perform mass edits of notes, such as tweaking velocity, quantize or transpose.
MIX THE TRACK
- Add and mix up to 24 stereo tracks with Looptical’s Mixer.
- Add up to 5 Insert effects (Overdrive, Bit Crusher, Compressor, EQ, Filter, Chorus/Flanger, Phaser, Trance Gate, Delay) to each track, and a single Reverb Send effect.
- All mixer and effect parameters are automated and changes are recorded directly into the song.
ADD VOCALS AND GUITARS
- Record vocals with the iPhone internal microphone or compatible audio interface and add your own effects with live monitoring.
- Control input with an intuitive preamp-style gain and noise gate.
INTERACT WITH OTHER APPS
- Record audio tracks directly from any Inter-App Audio (iOS7) Instrument app.
- Use Audiobus (requires purchase from third party) to send and receive live audio to other Audiobus-enabled apps.
MAKE YOUR OWN INSTRUMENTS
- If the 95 keyboard and 50 drum presets (including 600 individual drum hits) are not enough, create your own from scratch.
- Import samples via iTunes Shared Folder, from another iPhone music app via the clipboard, or resample the current song.
- Effortlessly create an entire new instrument from a single sample, or add further samples for a multi-sampled instrument.
- Edit your sample to trim, chop, loop, amplify, fade or reverse sections.
- Export your instrument to use again, or even share with others via the Looptical forum.
USE AN EXTERNAL KEYBOARD
- Plug in an iPhone-compatible MIDI keyboard and you can break out of the iPhone screen and compose using a full hardware piano keyboard.
- Play drum parts by assigning piano keys to each pad, or effortlessly noodle a solo by playing the Scale Piano from the major keys.
- Assign spare MIDI controllers such as Pan or Modulation to directly control automation parameters in Looptical insert effects.
For moew details - http://moocowmusic.com/Looptical/