Introducing iRig MIC Cast, the ultra-compact portable voice recording microphone designed specifically for recording podcasts, interviews, lectures, voice memos, speeches and more.
iRig MIC Cast provides a pocket-sized voice recording solution with crystal-clear audio quality. It features a tight unidirectional pickup pattern that minimizes background noise making it ideal for single-source audio recording. Includes an adjustable desktop stand for convenient iPhone/iPod touch positioning during recording.
This makes iRig MIC Cast also great for business applications like recording meeting and enhancing the audio and voice quality of conference calls.
iRig MIC Cast Features
- Incredibly flat frequency response with zero tonal coloration
- Features a stereo mini-jack headphone output which enables real-time monitoring of what is being recorded using headphones or speakers.
- Offers a mini-switch that provides two different sensitivity settings to record close-up or distant sources.
- Includes an adjustable desktop stand for convenient iPhone/iPod touch positioning during recording.
- Has a bumper-friendly mini-jack connector that fits the majority of iPhone/iPod touch cases.
- Has an ultra-compact profile that can be carried anywhere with ease.
- Like other IK Multimedia microphones, it includes 2 free apps: iRig Recorder, an easy-to-use voice recording/editing app, and VocaLive, a multi-effects processing app for singers.
- Works with all regular phone calls and any Voice-Over-IP app.
- Is compatible with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
Pricing and availability
iRig MIC Cast costs only $39.99/€29.99 (excl. tax) and will be available in First Quarter of 2012 from electronic and music retailers around the world.
From the creators of ‘DM1 the Drum machine’, comes this all-in-one music workstation come 4 player jam machine aimed at producing rock rather than electronic style music. At the special launch price of just .99, this is a must for all iPad music makers!
Rockmate is a breakthrough music creation app. It turns your iPad into a complete music studio easy and super fun to use.
You can compose, record and play songs with up to 4 Rock players on one single iPad. Rockmate is easy to play with smart chords progressions, sounds great with separated guitar effects and in-house produced audio samples and is also fully customizable with multiple drums and keyboard styles.
Rockmate is ready to rock !
Your guitars are always well tuned, no need to carry your drum kit or to patch your keyboard. A smart metronome and a real-time looper will assist you in composing and recording your songs. Share your songs by email or iTunes sharing folders.
• Realistic design and animations
• High-quality samples
• 4 players on one single iPad
• Realtime looper
• Smart metronome
• Mixer with level and pan controls
• Realtime Fx (distortion, multiFX, powerchord)
• Chords progression customizable
• Create your own chords
• Save your styles (Chords progression, FX, Drum, keyboard style…)
• Export: .wav or .aac
• Sharing: iTunes sharing folder and Email.
To be honest, I don’t know exactly what use this app would be for most users, but if you have any interest at all in different mic polar patterns, you may find this remotely interesting.
Mid-Side Microphone Technique… Visualized
The mid-side (M-S) microphone technique is a versatile stereo recording approach using two coincident microphones. With this visualizer, you are able to see Mid-Side and Stereo polar response graphs.
Select from a variety of preset microphone types or use a slider to adjust the Mid Mic Type. Set the Ratio of Mid-level to Side-level, and observe the resultant stereo polar pattern.
If you’re looking for a high quality, portable stereo recording solution that takes advantage of your iOS device, Tascam’s new iM2 Stereo Microphone is worth careful consideration. Probably the most exciting dot point for me is that it handles up to 125dB SPL sounds…That’s live gig level loud…Nice! Read on –
TASCAM, a well known veteran for creating home recording devices, today introduced a pocket sized iM2 stereo mic for iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch. TASCAM’s iM2 turns the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into a high-quality stereo recorder. A pair of condenser microphones – same high quality as TASCAM’s best-selling DR-series recorders – plugs into the dock connector of your Apple device. The microphones are adjustable over 180 degrees for optimal sound placement. The iM2 contains its own microphone preamp and analog-to-digital converter for low noise and premium audio quality. Unlike mics that use the built-in iPhone preamp, the iM2 can handle up to 125dB SPL sounds for the loudest concerts and instruments. Also enclosed in the iM2, is a stereo limiter to tame sudden loud sounds. The microphone level is adjustable with a knob on the side, making it quick and easy to adjust without looking at the unit. It’s powered through the dock connector so no battery is required. A USB input is provided to charge your Apple iOS device for long recordings, either through a computer or TASCAM’s PS-P515U power adapter. “The iM2 stereo mic was a natural succession after our well-received launching of the iXZ mic/guitar interface in September. Anyone can come out with an iOS product, but we want to ensure that our portable devices are of the utmost quality and I believe this product will be another hit with our customers.“ said Paul Jenkins, Senior Vice President for TEAC America. The ultra-portable iM2 is a must have for musicians who want to capture inspiration on their iPhone or iPad without sacrificing recording quality. iM2 is the perfect recording accessory for musicians of all skill levels available now at an unbeatable street price of $79. A PCM Recorder app, a perfect companion to the iM2 will be available shortly on the iTunes store at no charge.
- Stereo condenser microphones for iPhone 4, iPod Touch or iPad dock connection
- High-quality stereo condenser microphones – same as our best-selling DR-series recorders
- Microphones adjustable 180 degrees front to back
- Built-in analog to digital converter and microphone preamp for low noise recording
- 125dB SPL maximum level for recording loud shows without distortion
- Switchable limiter attenuates high-level signals to prevent recording overload
- Adjustable input level control
- Powered through iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch dock connector
- USB input allows the iPhone or iPad to be charged from a USB connection or optional TASCAM PS-P515U
- CD-quality digital recording (44.1kHz/16-bit linear PCM)
- Compact size ideal for mobile use
- Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4G, iPad, iPad 2
iLift is an app designed to help musicians learn from recordings. Whether you’re learning a fiddle tune, lifting changes for a gig, or playing along with classical performances, this app will help you develop your listening ability. iLift’s interface is simple and intuitive so you don’t have to read a manual and you can spend more time learning.
— Slow down to 50% of original speed and speed up to 150% without losing pitch
— Rewind and Fast Forward like a taperecorder
— Raise and lower key by up to 12 semitones
— Adjust fine tuning for out of tune recordings or instruments
— Loop sections or entire song and save loops
— See waveform of song
— iOS4: Import songs from iPod library or iTunes Drag and Drop
— Import songs from computer via Wi-Fi
— iOS4.2: Stream songs via AirPlay
— View tag and edit tag information within the app
— Add a note to songs
— Support for MP3, Unprotected AAC, AIFF, and WAV files
Monle Lite is a free two-track non-linear audio editor for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. You can record new audio, import prerecorded audio, cut it up, rearrange it, add fades, set volumes, zoom in and out, mix everything down, share audio with other applications, and send the audio wherever you want.
Monle Lite is the free version of Monle, a four-track non-linear audio editor.
Upgrade to Monle to get:
* 4 tracks of audio editing
* Access to the audio in your iTunes library
Grab details on the FULL app here – http://www.monleapp.com/
Try out this neat scratch pad app for vocalists and lyricists keen to put down quick musical ideas, for FREE.
Turn your iPad & iPhone into a portable songwriting studio!
SongSynth FREE offers an easy-to-use way of creating and storing song ideas. Use its unique interface to experiment with chords, and its host of other features to help you write and record song ideas, whenever the mood hits!
– a unique way to play hundreds of chords
– write down lyrics and chords – use SongSynth as a song notebook!
– create and store as many song ideas as you like
– record demos of your ideas using the built-in recorder
– sing or play directly into your device
– record on top of a recording using the ‘overdub’ function
– 3 sound sets: synth, acoustic guitar, piano
– a simple drum machine to play along with
– email yourself (or others) both your lyrics and your demo as an mp3
– Soundcloud, Dropbox and Social Media integration
SongSynth has been designed so no previous keyboard skills are required to play a huge variety of chords. These chords, coupled with a great lyric and vocal line, are the building blocks of many thousands of amazing pop songs.
UPGRADE for no more adverts, overdubbing and extra chords and sounds.
Now you can record 6 vocal stacks over professional HipHop tracks, email and upload your recordings to your Facebook wall & YouTube, All with HipHop Studio 2.
HipHop Studio Pro is the most feature rich app of its kind. Purchase HipHop Studio Pro to enjoy a full studio on your device.
– XME Inc. has created BeatPad, Z-Drums and dozens of other great apps that have been featured by Apple & iTunes all over the world. We are proud to bring you another music app that you’ll love and we love to use ourselves.
HipHop Studio Pro Features:
* Beautiful Design and Rich Functionality
* Mastered Instrumentals Produced by Industry Musicians, Producers and Engineers
* iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch compatible
* Built-In TapTempo/Metronome
* 6 Channels of Vocal Stacks
* Low Latency Recording
* Save Lyrics to each song
* Export your Songs to your Facebook wall.
* Export your Songs to your YouTube Channel
* Email your creations to friends
* Pan each of your 6 vocal stacks left or right
* Your Mixes will maintain volume and panning settings when compressed
* High Quality Mp3 conversion
* 20 Built-In Instrumentals
– iOS5 Changes Everything! HipHop Studio Pro runs up to 2X faster on iOS5 than on iOS4 (Even on Older Devices!) We are glad to bring you HipHop Studio Pro. Optimized for iOS5!
Got Skills? Prove it and upload to YouTube Today!!!
Following the release of the original iPhone/Touch version back in March, IK Multimedia has rejigged the UI and added a few nice tweaks for the iPad version of it’s dedicated vocal processing and recording app, VocaLive. Read on for the official details –
THE FIRST PROFESSIONAL VOCAL LIVE PERFORMING AND RECORDING PROCESSOR FOR THE iPAD!
VocaLive provides singers and vocalists with a suite of 12 real-time professional vocal effects along with a capable recorder for studio-quality sound in a portable package. The effects can be combined into a chain of 4 processors and saved as presets. A collection of up to 50 presets is included to get you up and running immediately.
VocaLive for iPad includes 5 Vocal Effects – Pitch Fix (for tuning correction or stylized quantization FX), Choir (a 3-part harmonizer), Morph (a formant shifter to change the tonal quality of the voice from subtle deepening to radical gender bending) and Double (by registering) – along with 7 Studio Effects – De-Esser, Reverb, Delay, Parametric EQ, Compressor, Chorus, Phazer and Envelope Filter – that together create the perfect vocal processing solution.
VocaLive for iPad gives you the ability to record vocals or other instruments (single or multitrack) with effects and master section, sing along with your favorite iTunes song library (with a Voice Cancel feature for practicing over songs with existing vocals) and warm up your voice with the included Vocal Tools. VocaLive is an incredible professional vocal effects workstation that you can take with you anywhere.
For the best quality, use VocaLive on stage with IK’s iRig Mic. You can also have fun with it or record quick ideas using the built-in iPad mic, or you can use VocaLive with earbuds that have a built-in mic.
With its 12 professional effects, Recorder and Vocal Tools, VocaLive for iPad is the most powerful vocal processing tool available so far on the iPad!
VocaLive for iPad features:
• Real time vocal processor + recording app
• 4-processor vocal effects chain
• 12 professional studio quality vocal effects
• Single track recorder expandable to a full 8-track recording studio with master effects section, available for purchase in the in-app Shop
• Import and play songs to be used as backing tracks directly from your music library or computer
• Voice Cancel feature lets you create sing-along backing tracks by removing the vocal track from existing recordings
• 50 presets included with 4 Favorites for fast recall
• Includes metronome and vocal warm-up tools
• Low-latency for real time vocal processing
Also note, there is also a FREE LE version also available!
For more information: www.ikmultimedia.com/vocaliveipad
Joining developer, Procypher Software’s lengthy list of iOS apps, is this bold (and pricey) move into the DAW space. I’m going to make an early call on it based on the features (and lack there of…Hello, ‘editing’ option anyone?), along with the uninspiring user interface, and say this one is destined for the bargain bin. You decide anyway!
Powerful multitrack digital recording mixer. Great for laying down vocal and instrument tracks, capturing sound effects, recording practice sessions, making CDs and more!
Fully featured portable recording studio for serious sound enthusiasts. Also functions as a sophisticated and easy to use general purpose audio recorder with file sharing.
Now you can download your recordings through iTunes and import them into your favorite audio editor for a truly professional recording experience.
• Selectable Recording Sample Rate
• Selectable Bit Depth – Recording Quality
• Variable Playback Time Delay per Track
• iTunes and Email File Sharing of Recorded Tracks
• Real-Time Audio Input and Output Level Display
• Professional High Quality Audio Recordings
• Background Image Selection
• 8-Track Recording Mixer
• Synchronized Playback
• Auto-Extend Session
• Session Lock Control
• Duplicate Session
• Rename Session
• Session Notes
• Track Muting
• Plus more!
Comes with built in comprehensive User Guide!
A MUST HAVE APP FOR:
• Sound Effects Specialists
• Sound Engineers