miniyo-T is a control surface type MIDI controller for the iPhone or iPod Touch. It represents a Transport Bar from which Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)/sequencer software basic playing/recording operations can be initiated and monitored. miniyo-T is the iPhone/iPod Touch version of the Transport controller for eyoControl on iPad.
- Large timecode display, supporting multiple timecode formats and state indicators (*).
- Toggle between Timecode and Bar/Beats display (*).
- Large Play/Stop/Record/Fast Forward/Rewind buttons.
- An accurate scrub wheel, with associated scrub button.
- Enable/disable Loop mode.
- Mark beginning and end of loop (*).
- Set/clear/undo markers and navigate over them (prev/next) (*).
- Connectivity through CoreMIDI or eyoControl Server.
- Collaborative: using CoreMIDI connectivity, control your DAW from several devices. For example, start/stop song with one device while setting up markers from another device. Every device sharing the same session receive the timecode information.
- Support for Retina display for devices supporting it.
- Accessibility/VoiceOver support.
(*) may not be functional with every DAW software. Fully supported with Logic.
For more details check – http://eyosido.com/miniyo/t/
NAMM last week was filled with a suprising amount of iOS friendly product announcements, which only goes to prove that Apple’s mobile and tablet platforms have become serious contenders in the music world. I’ll continue to sift through the interesting news that came out of the show all this week, but let’s kick things off with this collection of innovative new mixers from Behringer.
Just in time for the 2012 NAMM Show, BEHRINGER unveils three small format premium mixers that directly interface with the ever-popular iPad. Drawing on the power of the most ubiquitous mobile digital device, the XENYX iX Series mixers are designed to handle live performance and provide state-of-the-art tools to create professional recordings. Users can also sync performances to video by utilizing the iPad‘s video out capability.
The new XENYX iX Series, which include the XENYX iX3242USB, iX2442USB and iX1642USB, feature a built-in iPad docking station designed to send signal to and from the iPad with a wide range of routing options.
The innovative feature set included in the new XENYX iX Series USB mixers makes it possible to record and mix on a professional level thanks to the built-in, stereo USB audio interface. Connect these mixers directly to a PC or Mac computer via a single USB cable to record any signal source connected to the mixer.
All iX mixers include the new dual-engine KLARK-TEKNIK FX processor with 32 editable, studio-grade presets such as reverb, chorus, flange, delay, pitch shifter and multi-effects. In addition to literally thousands of apps, the iX mixers use the iPad to control the new KLARK-TEKNIK FX Processor App, enhancing the mix by allowing the user deep control of EQ’s, compressors and reverbs and a full spectrum analyzer.
The iX series mixers also feature high performance XENYX mic pre amps, which represent a major step in the evolution of audio technology. Comparable to far more expensive, stand-alone mic preamps, XENYX preamps offer a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range, with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to 200 kHz for transparent, crystal-clear performance.
XENYX mixers’ 3-band channel EQ is based on the same circuitry used in British consoles that allows users to create signals with incredible warmth and detailed musical character. Additionally, “one-knob” compression is available on all mono channels. Dial in the perfect amount of compression for instruments and vocals, creating powerful mixes with punch and clarity.
“The new XENYX iX mixers demonstrate the innovation that stems from our massive investment in Research and Development,” says Mark Wilder, VP of Marketing Communications. “These are the first of many more ground-breaking products to be announced at NAMM 2012.”
More info here – http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/iX1642USB.aspx
On paper it sounds like the killer DAW app for iPad, but will Machine Labs’ recently announced Auria be able to deliver on it’s feature rich list of can-dos? I sure as hell hope so!! Here’s what we know so far about this impressive looking app…
- 48 mono/stereo, 24-bit/44.1kHz tracks, with recording for up to 24 tracks (you’ll obviously need a USB audio interface that can do that – see notes below)
- 64-bit, double precision mix architecture (something even Pro Tools only just acquired)
- Full delay compensation
- “Vintage-inspired” channel strips, with a desktop-like UI and VU/RMS switching
- Plug-in support (Out of the gate, PSPaudioware, Overloud, Fab Filter and Drumagog all work. You need to do custom wrapping of plug-ins for this host; standard plug-ins won’t work. The format is based on VST, but it’s not VST in the traditional sense in that they have to be custom-wrapped for sale through the app. See developer notes below.)
- Dropbox, SoundCloud, AAF, MP3 export
- Advanced channel strips, EQ, expansion/compression and dynamic controls ready to go
- Convolution reverb. (Really.)
- AAF import/export, making one definite application using this as a satellite for your desktop DAW (more on that notion below)
This teaser video gives a great overview of the app –
For a full rundown on the specs – http://www.auriaapp.com/Products/auria
Introducing iRig MIC Cast, the ultra-compact portable voice recording microphone designed specifically for recording podcasts, interviews, lectures, voice memos, speeches and more.
iRig MIC Cast provides a pocket-sized voice recording solution with crystal-clear audio quality. It features a tight unidirectional pickup pattern that minimizes background noise making it ideal for single-source audio recording. Includes an adjustable desktop stand for convenient iPhone/iPod touch positioning during recording.
This makes iRig MIC Cast also great for business applications like recording meeting and enhancing the audio and voice quality of conference calls.
iRig MIC Cast Features
- Incredibly flat frequency response with zero tonal coloration
- Features a stereo mini-jack headphone output which enables real-time monitoring of what is being recorded using headphones or speakers.
- Offers a mini-switch that provides two different sensitivity settings to record close-up or distant sources.
- Includes an adjustable desktop stand for convenient iPhone/iPod touch positioning during recording.
- Has a bumper-friendly mini-jack connector that fits the majority of iPhone/iPod touch cases.
- Has an ultra-compact profile that can be carried anywhere with ease.
- Like other IK Multimedia microphones, it includes 2 free apps: iRig Recorder, an easy-to-use voice recording/editing app, and VocaLive, a multi-effects processing app for singers.
- Works with all regular phone calls and any Voice-Over-IP app.
- Is compatible with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
Pricing and availability
iRig MIC Cast costs only $39.99/€29.99 (excl. tax) and will be available in First Quarter of 2012 from electronic and music retailers around the world.
From the creators of ‘DM1 the Drum machine’, comes this all-in-one music workstation come 4 player jam machine aimed at producing rock rather than electronic style music. At the special launch price of just .99, this is a must for all iPad music makers!
Rockmate is a breakthrough music creation app. It turns your iPad into a complete music studio easy and super fun to use.
You can compose, record and play songs with up to 4 Rock players on one single iPad. Rockmate is easy to play with smart chords progressions, sounds great with separated guitar effects and in-house produced audio samples and is also fully customizable with multiple drums and keyboard styles.
Rockmate is ready to rock !
Your guitars are always well tuned, no need to carry your drum kit or to patch your keyboard. A smart metronome and a real-time looper will assist you in composing and recording your songs. Share your songs by email or iTunes sharing folders.
• Realistic design and animations
• High-quality samples
• 4 players on one single iPad
• Realtime looper
• Smart metronome
• Mixer with level and pan controls
• Realtime Fx (distortion, multiFX, powerchord)
• Chords progression customizable
• Create your own chords
• Save your styles (Chords progression, FX, Drum, keyboard style…)
• Export: .wav or .aac
• Sharing: iTunes sharing folder and Email.
To be honest, I don’t know exactly what use this app would be for most users, but if you have any interest at all in different mic polar patterns, you may find this remotely interesting.
Mid-Side Microphone Technique… Visualized
The mid-side (M-S) microphone technique is a versatile stereo recording approach using two coincident microphones. With this visualizer, you are able to see Mid-Side and Stereo polar response graphs.
Select from a variety of preset microphone types or use a slider to adjust the Mid Mic Type. Set the Ratio of Mid-level to Side-level, and observe the resultant stereo polar pattern.
If you’re looking for a high quality, portable stereo recording solution that takes advantage of your iOS device, Tascam’s new iM2 Stereo Microphone is worth careful consideration. Probably the most exciting dot point for me is that it handles up to 125dB SPL sounds…That’s live gig level loud…Nice! Read on –
TASCAM, a well known veteran for creating home recording devices, today introduced a pocket sized iM2 stereo mic for iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch. TASCAM’s iM2 turns the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into a high-quality stereo recorder. A pair of condenser microphones – same high quality as TASCAM’s best-selling DR-series recorders – plugs into the dock connector of your Apple device. The microphones are adjustable over 180 degrees for optimal sound placement. The iM2 contains its own microphone preamp and analog-to-digital converter for low noise and premium audio quality. Unlike mics that use the built-in iPhone preamp, the iM2 can handle up to 125dB SPL sounds for the loudest concerts and instruments. Also enclosed in the iM2, is a stereo limiter to tame sudden loud sounds. The microphone level is adjustable with a knob on the side, making it quick and easy to adjust without looking at the unit. It’s powered through the dock connector so no battery is required. A USB input is provided to charge your Apple iOS device for long recordings, either through a computer or TASCAM’s PS-P515U power adapter. “The iM2 stereo mic was a natural succession after our well-received launching of the iXZ mic/guitar interface in September. Anyone can come out with an iOS product, but we want to ensure that our portable devices are of the utmost quality and I believe this product will be another hit with our customers.“ said Paul Jenkins, Senior Vice President for TEAC America. The ultra-portable iM2 is a must have for musicians who want to capture inspiration on their iPhone or iPad without sacrificing recording quality. iM2 is the perfect recording accessory for musicians of all skill levels available now at an unbeatable street price of $79. A PCM Recorder app, a perfect companion to the iM2 will be available shortly on the iTunes store at no charge.
- Stereo condenser microphones for iPhone 4, iPod Touch or iPad dock connection
- High-quality stereo condenser microphones – same as our best-selling DR-series recorders
- Microphones adjustable 180 degrees front to back
- Built-in analog to digital converter and microphone preamp for low noise recording
- 125dB SPL maximum level for recording loud shows without distortion
- Switchable limiter attenuates high-level signals to prevent recording overload
- Adjustable input level control
- Powered through iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch dock connector
- USB input allows the iPhone or iPad to be charged from a USB connection or optional TASCAM PS-P515U
- CD-quality digital recording (44.1kHz/16-bit linear PCM)
- Compact size ideal for mobile use
- Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4G, iPad, iPad 2
iLift is an app designed to help musicians learn from recordings. Whether you’re learning a fiddle tune, lifting changes for a gig, or playing along with classical performances, this app will help you develop your listening ability. iLift’s interface is simple and intuitive so you don’t have to read a manual and you can spend more time learning.
— Slow down to 50% of original speed and speed up to 150% without losing pitch
— Rewind and Fast Forward like a taperecorder
— Raise and lower key by up to 12 semitones
— Adjust fine tuning for out of tune recordings or instruments
— Loop sections or entire song and save loops
— See waveform of song
— iOS4: Import songs from iPod library or iTunes Drag and Drop
— Import songs from computer via Wi-Fi
— iOS4.2: Stream songs via AirPlay
— View tag and edit tag information within the app
— Add a note to songs
— Support for MP3, Unprotected AAC, AIFF, and WAV files
Monle Lite is a free two-track non-linear audio editor for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. You can record new audio, import prerecorded audio, cut it up, rearrange it, add fades, set volumes, zoom in and out, mix everything down, share audio with other applications, and send the audio wherever you want.
Monle Lite is the free version of Monle, a four-track non-linear audio editor.
Upgrade to Monle to get:
* 4 tracks of audio editing
* Access to the audio in your iTunes library
Grab details on the FULL app here – http://www.monleapp.com/
Try out this neat scratch pad app for vocalists and lyricists keen to put down quick musical ideas, for FREE.
Turn your iPad & iPhone into a portable songwriting studio!
SongSynth FREE offers an easy-to-use way of creating and storing song ideas. Use its unique interface to experiment with chords, and its host of other features to help you write and record song ideas, whenever the mood hits!
– a unique way to play hundreds of chords
– write down lyrics and chords – use SongSynth as a song notebook!
– create and store as many song ideas as you like
– record demos of your ideas using the built-in recorder
– sing or play directly into your device
– record on top of a recording using the ‘overdub’ function
– 3 sound sets: synth, acoustic guitar, piano
– a simple drum machine to play along with
– email yourself (or others) both your lyrics and your demo as an mp3
– Soundcloud, Dropbox and Social Media integration
SongSynth has been designed so no previous keyboard skills are required to play a huge variety of chords. These chords, coupled with a great lyric and vocal line, are the building blocks of many thousands of amazing pop songs.
UPGRADE for no more adverts, overdubbing and extra chords and sounds.