Professional music production app for iPad
The normal price for iMPC Pro is $19.99, but for a limited time, iMPC Pro will be available for $12.99, as a way for us to give iMPC users the opportunity to purchase iMPC Pro and retain the value of the investment made in iMPC.
Developed in partnership with Retronyms — www.retronyms.com
iMPC Pro is a 64-track music production powerhouse for your iPad. With built-in sampling functionality, a massive sound library, effects, and over 30 performance-driven features, iMPC Pro brings the functionality of Akai Professional’s coveted Music Production Center to your iPad. Developed in partnership with Retronyms, the developers of the original iMPC app, iMPC Pro comes with pro-grade tools for intuitive beat creation whenever inspiration strikes. It combines multiple sampling methods, producer-tested MPC features, a custom sample library from Richard Devine, and an intuitive gestural editor for the most powerful, creative and fun iPad music production experience yet.
*Creating sample-based music on your iPad with renowned MPC functionality
*Sample audio from the iPad microphone, your own tracks using resampling, other apps using InterApp Audio, or your music library
*64 tracks for flexible multi-track music production including gain fader, 3-band EQ, mute, solo, panning and FX sends on each track
*All-new chop-shop provides intuitive multi-touch editing, trimming, auditioning, splicing, splicing and processing samples
*All-new Timeline View opens a multi-touch gestural editor for sequencing, recording, and editing
*All-new Flux mode lets you warp and glitch beats in real-time or with automation
*All-new Precision Knobs and Faders expand on command for precisely dialing in parameters
*All-new 3D-performance mode lets you perform with the iPad’s accelerometer
*All-new Turbo Duck effect fattens up tracks with sidechain compression
*Exclusive sound library featuring 1,400+ samples from sound designer Richard Devine with hundreds of Akai Pro exclusive samples
*Improved sampling workflow with re-sampling, drag n’ drop kit assembly and sample library organization
*16 Levels mode with attack, velocity, length, and tuning settings for quickly creating variations of sounds
*Note Variation slider lets you adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
*Onboard effects include delay, bit crusher, and master compressor/limiter
*Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
*Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing
*MPC Note Repeat featuring 1/8 note – 1/32T timing with latch
*Supports Inter-App Audio in iOS7 for sampling and FX routing from other music apps
*AudioCopy and AudioPaste for copying/pasting sequences from compatible apps
*Works with MPC Element via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
*Community sharing built-in: directly upload to SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
*iOS support for simple drag-and-drop, plucking, and multi-touch music gestures
*Interactive gesture control for automation, mixing, and effects
*Automation lets you record pad and track mute changes to sequences
*Tabletop ready – use iMPC Pro inside the acclaimed Tabletop App to combine it with dozens of synths, sequencers, FX and more
*Tuning, Panning, Level, Lo-Pass and Hi-Pass available for each sound
*Easy cloning of sequences via multitouch capabilities
*Classic “Next-Sequence” lets you juggle sequences to experiment with different compositions or for dynamic live performance
*Mute and poly pad groups for authentic percussion performances
*Pad effects include custom-designed envelope filters, 4-mode distortion and ring mod
*Supports InterApp Audio mode. Record the outputs directly into other apps like GarageBand and Cubasis
*Over 20 demo projects to manipulate, shape and learn with
*Extensive Undo History lets you roll back projects to any state
*Export tracks as an audio file
Elsa is a retro style sampling keyboard with tempo based looping. Record, save, load, reverse samples with a multi octave on screen keyboard or plug in your core midi device of choice, soft- or hardware. Elsa comes with three built in effects, a reverb, a resonant low pass filter and a frequency/bit crush. Samples are looped in three different modes, one off, forward and/or forward-reverse. The start and end of playback also comes in three modes, one set of start and stop for all, one set per note and/or one set per octave, allowing for many different types of samples. Additionally at playback time, sample length can also be controlled by a set of sample dividers, 1-8.
+++ Sample keyboard
+++ Tempo based looping
+++ Bit crush
+++ Resonant low pass filter
+++ Record, trim, normalise, reverse, pre note shift, zoom
+++ Multi octave keyboard
+++ 3 loop modes (one off, forward, forward-reverse)
+++ 3 start/stop modes (one for all, one per note, one per octave)
+++ Playback length dividers (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)
+++ Import/Export ACP 2.0
+++ Inter app audio (audiobus)
+++ Core Midi (note input)
“ME MIDI Sampler” turns your device into a sampler for professional audio special effects.
Will be able to:
- Create a polyphonic keyboard with 84 voices and a maximum of 84 different sound effects on the same keyboard (you can assign any key on the keyboard to a different audio sample)
- Save the configuration of the keyboard + audio special effects in infinite sound banks (BANKS) loadable and usable in real time (each bank can hold up to a maximum of 84 different audio samples)
- Have infinite keyboards for special effects (each saved on a BANK)
- Receive MIDI messages from an external MIDI keyboard or MIDI sequencer and play the corresponding audio special effects (manually or automatically)
- Turn any MIDI keyboard (MIDI keyboard controller) in one or more banks of special audio effects
The application is simple and immediate…
- Immediately play the default bank containing 39 special audio effects that come with the application itself
- Import audio samples from the device’s music library and assign them to the desired keys on your MIDI keyboard
- Create Your own banks using a standard wave editor (such as Audacity)
- Download new banks and assign them to MIDI keyboard
To create a new keyboard sound effects (BANK):
1) record the audio special effects (using the record button of “ME MIDI Sampler”) or create it using any wave editor for Mac or PC (such as Audacity).
Audio sample formats supported by “ME MIDI Sampler”:
- Apple Lossless (M4A)
- Core Audio Format (CAF)
2) import the audio samples recorded or created on your device:
- Through synchronization (using the iTunes software for Mac or PC)
- Using “iTunes File Sharing”
3 ) import audio samples using the “IMPORT” button and assign them to the 84-key MIDI keyboard by pressing the “WAVEFORM” button of each key on the MIDI keyboard (You can assign a different audio sample for every key on the MIDI keyboard).
At this point you can play live your special effects (polyphonic keyboard up to a maximum of 84 voices, 84 special effects for each BANK). You can adjust the sample start time, volume, pitch bender, sustain pedal, etc… for each audio sample that You have assigned to the keys of your MIDI keyboard.
You can also use together the virtual MIDI keyboard displayed on the screen of the device (MULTITOUCH) and/or any external MIDI sequencer or MIDI keyboard connected to your device using:
- IRig MIDI adapter
- A camera connection kit + MIDI to USB adapter (Apple compatible – generally used to connect an external MIDI keyboard to a Mac or PC)
- MIDI adapters compatible with Apple devices
They are also compatible
- iRig KEYS
- External MIDI keyboards over Bluetooth/Wi-Fi
- Standard MIDI keyboards
The configuration of the multiple special effects created and assigned to the MIDI keyboard can be saved in a new BANK, in the archive of the BANKS of “ME MIDI Sampler” (infinite BANKS can be saved in the database, until the end of the physical memory of the device). The BANKS previously saved can be loaded and used in real time during live performances.
With “ME MIDI Sampler” You will have:
ME: Multiple Effects
MIDI: a MIDI expander for special effects capable of receiving MIDI signals from external devices and turn them into sounds (the application is also able to filter out unwanted MIDI IN messages)
Sampler: an audio sampler to create, edit and play Your audio samples in real-time
Auto Sampler combines pitch detection, sound sampling, and wavetable synthesis into easy to use app that runs on any iOS device with a microphone. Samples are automatically extracted from live audio through the microphone input (built-in or external). The pitch detector assigns a pitch to each sampled sound, which is displayed on a piano keyboard as it is captured.
A polyphonic multi-timbral wavetable synthesizer resamples and blends samples into a continuous palette of sound. The synth can be played with the built-in keyboard, from other apps, or remotely using standard MIDI controllers. Controls adjust blending, modulation, attack/decay, and other parameters.
A small string/woodwind orchestra constructed from the University of Iowa’s musical sample library is provided to get you started.
Developer: mark carlotto
IK Multimedia, the leader in mobile music-creation apps and accessories for iOS devices is pleased to announce a new version of SampleTank, the premium virtual instrument and sound module for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. The new version gives mobile musicians access to the world-class orchestral and choir sounds of Miroslav Philharmonik – Mobile Edition, plus adds sound-library management, so musicians can easily add, delete and re-download complete collections of instrument categories, as needed.
The Miroslav Philharmonik – Mobile Edition for the SampleTank mobile app is available as an in-app purchase, and is derived from the insanely popular Miroslav Philharmonik standalone app and DAW plug-in for Mac/PC that’s used in studios around the world. These famous orchestral instrument sounds and textures have been heard in hundreds of Hollywood movie scores, and in compositions from some of the top performing pros like Serj Tankian (System of a Down), J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, Sean Kingston and Lana Del Rey, to name a few. Miroslav Philharmonik features instruments that were beautifully recorded at the Dvorák Symphony Hall in Prague by Miroslav Vitous with the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra. These sounds have a texture, warmth, and beauty that is considered “the standard”, and is unrivalled in the virtual instrument world.
The Miroslav Philharmonik – Mobile Edition for SampleTank includes 100 orchestral sounds and textures with multiple instrument performance styles, including 5 orchestral ensembles, 39 string instrument sounds (violin, viola, contrabass, cello and harp), 15 brass instrument sounds (trumpet, trombone, French horn and tuba), 12 woodwind instrument sounds (flute, bass flute, piccolo, clarinet, bass clarinet, oboe and bassoon), 4 vocal choir ensembles, 1 cathedral organ sound, 1 celesta sound set, 10 orchestral synth pads, and 13 orchestral percussion sounds.
The version 1.6 update of SampleTank for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch also gives musicians a sound-management feature that provides the ability to add or delete sound-library collections with a single click, thus freeing up space as needed on their device for recordings. If a user deletes a purchased library and later wishes to reinstall it, it can be easily accomplished via the in-app restore feature. The version 1.6 update of SampleTank also adds stunningly clear iPad Retina Display graphic support the newer iPad models. The Miroslav Philharmonik Mobile Edition – along with future downloadable sound collections – requires iOS 6 or later, although the app itself will still work fine with iOS 5.
SampleTank for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is a complete professional-quality virtual instrument and sound workstation that allows musicians to use a portable keyboard/MIDI controller like iRig KEYS, or any MIDI keyboard controller with a MIDI interface like iRig MIDI, to create and perform with studio-quality instruments and sounds on the go. SampleTank is also Audiobus compatible, so it can be used with other mobile recording and DAW applications like GarageBand, AmpliTube and VocaLive for creating music on the go, anytime and everywhere. SampleTank is compatible with iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch 4G or later, and any iPad model.
Pricing and Availability
SampleTank 1.6 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is available now as a free update on the App Store. The Miroslav Philharmonik Collection is available as an in-app purchase for $19.99/€17.99. Additional instrument collections will also be available soon via in-app purchase.
For more information about SampleTank for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, visit:
If you’ve got a burning desire to load or record your own samples on an MPC style interface, this could be just what you’re looking for….
Rhythm-G is an MPC app that allows you to store your own .mp3 files and play them back your way. Mix and match your sounds, play them back as beats. Record your voice or someone else’s voice. Record or sample a track and then play it back. Loop the sound stored in each block. Load your own custom mp3 files on http://rhythm-g.com
Developer: Chris Carter
Rated: 4+Price: $1.99 Download Here
Musyc is a fun and innovative music application where touch turns into music.
No use of piano keyboard or partitions, draw shapes and listen to your piece of music while viewing sounds bouncing on the screen.
Enjoy the 64 instruments (organized into 16 groups) exclusively created and produced at Fingerlab music studio as well as all the exciting and new physical and music tools provided in Musyc.
Musyc is free and its full version is available through in-app purchases.
WARNING: Musyc is not compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 3 and iPod touch 4.
-Graphic design by Jonas Eriksson
-Optimized for iPhone 5 and new iPad
-High quality sound engine
-Ultra-realistic physical engine
-Audio track mixer (level, pitch, length, pan, mute)
-2 effect channels with 5 effects (Delay, Overdrive, Reverb, Dalek, Compressor)
-Advanced physical objects (planet, black hole, modulator, …)
-Real-time audio recording
-High-quality or compressed exports (DropBox, SoundCloud, Mail, AudioCopy and iTunes)
“midi Sampler” turns your device into a sampler for professional musicians and / or DJs composers able to:
- Create the entire musical instrument from a single sampled sound
- Receive MIDI messages from an external MIDI keyboard and play the corresponding notes
- Turn any MIDI keyboard in any musical instrument / special effect that you want
- Import any type of sound and automatic generation of the scale of sounds (8 octaves)
- Ability to store an infinite number sounds using the archive of sounds (“Samples Archive”) of “midi Sampler”
- “Samples Collection” with many sound samples free downloadable
- “General MIDI samples” FREE library downloadable from the “Samples Collection”
- Two independent keyboards multi-touch (24 + 24 keys) with independent octaves control for each keyboard
- Ability to receive the MIDI messages from an external MIDI keyboard / MIDI device (with independent octaves control)
- Filter for the MIDI IN messages
- “Bending” control to change the sound in real time
- “Sample Start Position” control to remove the initial part of a sound sample (eg silence) by specifying the start time instant of the sample (AUDIO CUT FEATURE)
- “Sustain Pedal”
- Multi voices (up to 96)
- Default “GRAND PIANO” sample
- Ability of “recording” of musical patterns during live performances:
enabling the recording (using the “midi Sampler” recording button), “midi Sampler” will record (audio file) the music played by the user using the keyboard (multi-touch keyboards or external MIDI keyboard)
For a full rundown on this app - http://www.ngcybit.it/iTunesApp/midi-sampler/
- Audiobus Support: Allows you to send audio from this app to other audiobus supported apps for effects and realtime recording.
- Beautiful & Easy-To-Use Interface
- Sequence with Dozens of SoundKits, high quality Reverb & Delay effects for each track.
- Export Your Songs as mp3s, project files to collaborate with friends, upload to YouTube and Facebook & open into other apps.
- Edit each individual note in the “Sequencer”
- Tap the tempo of your choice for each song
- Unlimited Songs
- Solo + Mute each track
- Copy/Paste Note Recordings from one track to another
- Tap the metronome dots to activate the Metronome
- Set a note Pattern then just hold your fingers to the notes and let BeatPad – Trance play the pattern for you.
- Quantize settings place your recorded notes on beat/in sync automatically.
- Several Polyphony Settings
- Beat Collection 130BPM
- Bent Synth Chords
- Deep Bass
- Distorted Lick
- FX Collection
- Piano Arp
- Piano Chords
- Piano Chords 2
- Piano Melody
- Piano Octave
- Piano Octave Low
- Short Drop
- Synth Arp
- Synth Chord Pattern
- Synth Chords
- Synth Collection 130BPM
- Synth Lead
- Synth Pattern
- Trance Kit 1
- Trance Piano 1
- Trance Piano 2
- Trance Piano 3
- Trance Piano 4
- XME Kit 6
- XME Kit 7
*More Kits and Features coming
Edit the sounds and effects by moving and twisting colored blocks. Yellofier doesn’t look like any other music program. You can create a full song within minutes – even without knowing anything about music!
Create unique music with your own sounds and with the sounds of Yello’s musical maestro Boris Blank. The Yellofier also includes sounds and songs by some of the greatest musicians within electronic music. Anything can be yellofied!
• Automatically slice your sound into 8 pieces and create a groove
• Combine sounds and effects in an innovative step sequencer
• Multiple effects and variations
• Share your work
• 32 bundled sounds by Boris Blank
• Songs and sounds by the finest artists within electronic music: Carl Craig, Henrik Schwarz, The Orb, Trentemøller, Booka Shade, Orbital, The The, Thomas Fehlmann, Charles Webster, Håkan Lidbo and more…
For best sound, use headphones.