KORG iWAVESTATION – A wave sequence synthesizer for iOS.
The WAVESTATION synthesizer went on sale in 1990. This instrument featured an advanced vector synthesis system which created new sounds by combining and connecting multiple waveforms; it provided a mix/morphing function that let you use a joystick to change the balance of four oscillators, and a distinctive wave sequence function that allowed you to place waveforms in a desired sequence to create sequence patterns. To this day, it continues to be considered a legendary and still-unique instrument.
Now in 2016, the WAVESTATION has been reborn as “KORG iWAVESTATION,” an app for iPad/iPhone. In addition to completely reproducing the programs, it also features a renewed design that lets everyone experience the stupendous sound-shaping potential of the WAVESTATION. It features touch-based operation that’s distinctive of iOS, in conjunction with a new graphic interface that allows you to visualize and edit the time-varying timbral changes that are distinctive of the WAVESTATION.
[ Features ]
– A faithful reproduction of the original WAVESTATION sound: In addition to providing the sounds from all PCM memories of the WAVESTATION, the new iWAVESTATION also reproduces in software every detail of the parameters, based on an analysis of the original hardware circuit diagram.
– A new wave sequence view that can be graphically controlled: The iWAVESTATION, we advance another step with a graphical user interface that takes advantage of the touch operations that are a characteristic of iOS. Even more than ever, we’ve updated the screen design with an emphasis on creating sequences.
– 1,500 sounds, more than 700 waveforms, 55 effects, and a powerful random sequence engine: This new instrument includes a stupendous number of presets and waveforms, covering all models of the series. iWAVESTATION also provides a new random sequence function which will give you different perspectives to inspire new sounds.
– Produce music together with KORG Gadget integration: iWAVESTATION can be used in conjunction with the “KORG Gadget” music production DAW app that has won numerous awards around the world. If both apps are installed, it can be used as the “Milpitas” gadget inside the KORG Gadget app.
More info at http://www.korg.com
fluXpad is the first sample sequencer that fully functions by simply drawing the sounds. In fluXpad it’s super simple to record your own sounds, to create different pattern and to jam with them.
fluXpad is a sample based groovebox/workstation with a highly original sequencer, where you “draw“ your music, which leads to completely different results, when compared to a traditional sequencer. The y-axis of your canvas controls pitch, while the x-axis controls the sustain of your notes. Sounds familiar, but drawing on a canvas without any grid is a totally new experience. Of course it is possible to quantize your notes, or you can limit your note range to major or minor scales.
fluXpad has been developed by Mouse on Mars and Jan Trützschler
– 6 melody sequencers where you paint your melodies based on a sample of your choice
– 1 percussion/drum sequencer where you paint/tap your groove made of 7 samples of your choice
– record mode: either paint your sequence (on the top) or tap your notes (at the bottom)
– each sound has it’s own sampler settings with unique envelope, loop and start settings
– quantize / unquantize functions for each sequencer or the whole pattern
– 7 patterns to jam with, for each preset
– ability to record your own samples with the build in microphone
– import samples via iTunes or AudioShare
– huge sample library with high quality sounds/kits made by Mouse on Mars and others
– lots of demo projects made by Mouse and Mars and others
– ability buy new projects/sounds via In-App-Purchase
– ability to export/backup your projects (including sounds)
– Audiobus supported
– IAA sync supported
– Ableton Link supported
– ability to sync via midi to other apps, hardware
Chronium is a sequencer/synthesizer app for creating, recording, and sharing complex melodies simply by a few finger touches.
The main user interface consists of a fingerboard and a control bar. Touch the fingerboard to start, stop, or modify a voice. The horizontal axis of the fingerboard corresponds to different frequencies, similar to a guitar fingerboard. The vertical axis corresponds to different sounds and rhythm patterns which you can configure. When a voice is playing, the corresponding rhythm pattern is shown as a loop around the touch position, along with the red play cursor. On 3D Touch devices (for example iPhone 6S), the pressure applied to the fingerboard affects the sound by changing filter parameters or modulation depths. On other devices, the same parameters are controlled by an estimate of the surface touched by your finger.
The rhythm patterns are produced by thresholding a weighted sum of binary signals. The weights and thresholds can be set using sliders in the pattern editing interface. 7 basic binary signals are available with periodicities ranging from whole notes to sixty-fourth notes. 5 thresholds are used to determine the timing of the notes, the octave, and whether the notes should be accented or not. The weights and thresholds can be set for 3 different locations along the vertical axis of the fingerboard. Patterns in intermediate locations are obtained by interpolating the weights and thresholds.
Up to 7 different sounds can be placed on the fingerboard and sounds in intermediate locations are obtained by morphing between the two nearest sounds. For this app, an advanced virtual analog sound synthesis engine was developed to enable morphing between classic analog and FM synth sounds.
On devices with an A7 processor or higher (iPhone 5S or higher, iPad Air or higher, iPod Touch 6th Gen or higher), you can record what you are playing as a video and share it on social media, via email, or to the device’s camera roll.
For more info and videos – https://www.facebook.com/ChroniumApp
Experience KORG Gadget with a free, lite version.
KORG Gadget Le – the all-in-one music production studio.
*iPhone 6 or later is recommended. 5/5c/4S are not supported due to differences in screen size and CPU speed.
KORG Gadget offers a collection of more than 20* different synthesizers and drum machines called “Gadgets.” These gadgets were designed to assist the user to produce powerful electronic music. The latest version features universal support not only for the iPad, but also for the iPad Pro and the iPhone. The painstaking attention that Korg has given its hardware instruments for more than fifty years has now taken shape as cutting-edge software in the Gadget. It’s the ultimate all-in-one music production studio app.
* The total number of gadgets including in-app purchases etc.
To give a glimpse into the amazing power of KORG Gadget, we have provided KORG Gadget Le – a lite version available free of charge. Although there are limitations to the number of gadgets and tracks that you can use, it’s the easiest way for you to experience mobile music production. The gadgets and functions are expanded if you use “KORG Gadget Le” with Korg Controller products* nano2 series, nano Studio series, or microKEY series.
• The ultimate mobile instruments collection
KORG Gadget Le offers a collection of 3 gadgets. Connecting to a Korg MIDI controller will expand 2 gadgets. KORG Gadget Full version offers a collection of more than 20 gadgets. Each Gadget available contains carefully constructed parameters to bring you the sounds you want. They’re ideal for producing all forms of electronic music. Even inexperienced musicians can enjoy the app as each synth offers a Scale function that makes it virtually impossible to play the wrong notes.
• Design tracks in portrait or landscape. Workflow for any music production task
The greatest feature of KORG Gadget is the user interface. It gives you an ideal music production workflow based mainly on the portrait orientation that you’re familiar with. When you want to focus on specifics, you can smoothly switch to landscape orientation. This app perfectly supports either preference on the iPad, iPhone, or iPad Pro. From song production to sound design, effects, and mixing, all the steps are intuitive and seamless. Experience perfect music production on mobile!
• Share songs to the GadgetCloud to connect with users around the world
Songs that you create using KORG Gadget can be shared on “GadgetCloud,” a music exchange for Gadget users worldwide. By uploading and sharing songs, you can communicate in ways that bypass language barriers, and also improve your skill as a creative artist. On GadgetCloud, you can submit your songs for selection as tracks recommended by Korg, enter various contents, and use the ranking system. You can also upload from Gadget directly to any social networking service such as SoundCloud, Facebook, or Twitter, to name a few.
* GadgetCloud is based on SoundCloud, the cloud service that’s supported by creative artists world-wide.
• Make it come alive with new MIDI controllers. Accelerate the pace of your music production
To customize your needs, you can freely choose a MIDI controller that complements the KORG Gadget. With the nanoKEY/KONTROL Studio, you can step-record and mix wirelessly as setup is automatic, making this easy and convenient. You can also opt to choose the microKEY Air, a compact mini-keyboard that can also connect wirelessly and via the Apple Lightning adapter. By partnering with a MIDI controller that inspires you, you can improve the quality of your music production.
More info at korg.com
Medly - Music Maker
Medly takes a new approach to the way music is made, letting both seasoned and new musicians make epic music. Just pick your instruments and start drawing notes.
READY TO HANDLE YOUR MUSIC
Medly breaks up your song into Sections of 1, 2 or 4 bars. Sections are easily picked up, moved, deleted, copied and pasted. You can also create linked copies, effectively letting you quickly create loops.
Medly works on iPhone, iPad, and iPad Pro, and supports Slide Over and Split View.
PEEK & POP AND 3D TOUCH *
Medly has full support for 3D Touch, from Quick Actions on the home screen, to Peek & Pop for our Albums and Songs, and using pressure sensitivity to change the volume of a Note as it’s drawn.
Medly comes with 12 free instruments to start with, and 80 more across a variety of genres, available in the Medly store.
MIXER & EFFECTS
Change the volume of each instrument and apply effects and filters to make your own unique sound. You can even change the volume of individual notes to give your song an extra kick.
New 32nd notes in Medly lets you create even shorter notes and more precise beats. You can also quickly switch between our simple scale scale and chromatic scale. Alongside changing the volume of individual notes to either quiet, normal or loud.
ADD FADES AND AUTOMATE YOUR TRACKS **
Make your music come to life by adding by automating the volume or effects over time.
SHARE YOUR MUSIC
You can share your music as an audio file, or send your friends a Medly file that they can edit. You can even share an entire album at once.
Developer: Medly Labs Inc.
If like me, you’re no programmer, this one does look a bit daunting! But it might be just the reason you need to get some scripting experience under your belt!
– generate interactive rhythms and phrases
– send and respond to MIDI messages
– explore notes, chords and scales
– manipulate samples and live sound input
– record the results
scriptSONIC combines the open-ended creative power of a programming language with the expressiveness of a touch-screen.
More info – http://www.scriptsonic.com/
Check out this great demo video
Blocs Wave - Make & Record Music
Blocs Wave is a music creation app designed to inspire new musical ideas. Easily combine original professional sounds across a wide array of genres. Tweak your sounds using beautiful touchable waveforms, and make your ideas even more unique. Record your vocals and instruments, and bring your ideas to life within minutes.
Get it now at a special introductory price!
• Start new music – Quickly tap sounds to combine and make new original musical ideas.
• Make every sound unique – Tweak sounds using beautiful touchable waveforms.
• Record new sounds – Effortlessly capture your own sounds, vocals and instruments.
• Explore and combine your sounds from a huge library – Explore amazing sounds across genres from EDM to dubstep, indie to songwriting and tons more.
• Expand your collection – Download even more sounds from an ever expanding pro library
• Real-time stretch – Change bpm while playing, and blocs will adapt.
• Record with Low-Latency
• Export & Import – Bring in your own sounds from other apps, or export to them.
• Key aware – All library sounds are ‘key aware’ and can stay in-key.
• Works well with others – Audiobus, AudioCopy, AudioShare, and hardware input and outputs supported.
For more details – http://blocs.cc/
Developer: Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd.
What’s New in Version 22.214.171.124
*CC behavior changed: While Mod All is off, only the selected CC will be modulateable, all others remain untouched or play there recorded modulation. When Mod All is engaged, 8 CCs per X/Y-Pad can be modulated and recorded at the same time.
*Added „All Inputs“ option to Tracks’ MIDI Input Settings
*„All Inputs“ is the default for new Tracks
*Added manual link
*Added Track setup label for IAA Midi
*Enhancements for IAA loading, reloading and deleting
Meeblip anode LE
Updated with mappings for the Pads:
Korg Volca Sample
Korg Volca Beats
New Sample Kits:
* Pressing AudioShare without a sample or folder selected could crash
* Sample Start/End and One Shot will be saved correctly
* “New Kit Name“ was displayed when new Template was created
* faders were gone when loading IAAs in Session View
* a crash could happen when switching quickly between Scenes/Clips
* fixed channel order when using studiomux
* Autoload IAAs setting wouldn’t change status
* external MIDI could create hanging notes
* crackles when using studiomux could appear
* fixed a crash that would happen when “15” was selected in the Step Shifter
* modstep won’t hijack the Ableton Link session tempo anymore
* several small fixes and enhancements
Boulanger Labs presents csJam – a fun and creative music making app for children and music lovers of all ages. In csJam, the user can improvise, perform and compose with a variety of synthetic and sampled instruments. The warm and beautiful sounds of csJam are rendered in real-time using one of the world’s most powerful synthesis and signal processing programs—Csound. For improvising and performing, csJam offers the user two sets of live instruments—four melodic and four rhythmic. These can be played along with an accompaniment composed by the computer or music composed by the player. Enjoy making, playing, sequencing, recording, saving, and sharing your music. Let csJam bring out the composer in you.
– 4 soundscapes that dynamically change the mood of the piece
– 4 synthesized melodic instruments
– 4 editable chord instruments
– acoustic, electronic, glitch and metal drum kits
– a mixer with unique effects for each instrument
– musically randomize and recompose the melody, chords and rhythm
– save presets of your original or algorithmically generated melody, chord and rhythm sequences
– record and playback your jams
– export your recordings through dropbox or gmail
Apple’s much loved family-friendly GarageBand has just been given a sprinkle of new features. The two main additions are the new Live Loops feature and the Virtual Drummer feature that exists already in Logic Pro X and the Mac version of GarageBand. Naturally, the update is free to current owners, or USD$4.99 for new purchases.
What’s New in Version 2.1
• Use Live Loops to create music by triggering instrument loops and DJ-style effects in real time using Multi-Touch gestures*
• Add a virtual Drummer to your song who takes direction and performs realistic acoustic & electronic drum grooves
• Record adjustments of any Touch Instrument control knob in real time
• Create and edit automation curves to control the volume of any track
• Shape the sound of a Touch Instrument or audio recording using Simple EQ and Compressor
• Plug in a bass guitar and play through vintage and modern bass amp rigs
• Adds over 1,200 new Apple Loops and sounds
• Record up to 32 tracks simultaneously**
• Use third-party instrument apps in your song with Audio Unit Extensions***
• Directly import or export GarageBand projects using iCloud Drive
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch****
Get a full rundown here – http://www.apple.com/au/ios/garageband/