Chauliodus is a synthesizer that specializes in the bass.
You can play the bass line from built-in sequencer, external MIDI devices, external sequencers, and other iOS applications.
It is possible to change the parameters of the filter by using gyroscope; you can get interesting effects by shaking the iPhone or iPad.
You can also enjoy dubstep wobble bass since LFO rate is synchronized to the tempo, and settable by each step!
- OSC x 2
Saw Wave / Square Wave
- SubOSC x 2
Square Wave / Sine Wave
- Filter x 1
Manipulate the CutOff Frequency and Resonance by using gyroscope.
- EG x 2
- LFO x 1
- Real-Time Recording
- 16 steps Pattern Sequencer
- 300 bars Song Sequencer
- Wireless Sync-Start Technology (WIST) is supported.
- AudioCopy is supported.
- CoreMIDI is supported.(MIDI in only)
- Supported background playback.
- Universal support for iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad.
Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
Loved the first version of this app. new features look interesting too!
Crush it, Mix it, Slice it, Shift it.
Take a perfect good song from your music library and destroy it with style!
Beat Slice is an expressive remixing tool that allows you to take your existing music and transform it in multiple creative ways. Export your remixes and share them or make your own custom ringtones!
Built in effects include:
• Reverser: Reverse a beat
• low n high: Play a beat high or low
• Slicer: Cut it up and slice and glue it back together
• Lo-Fi: Good old vinyl sound…
• Mute It: Skip it off and on like a DJ
• Electrify: Zaps a beat with a nice dose of electric madness
• Phaser: Phase the sounds like the classic sci-fi effects
• Spinner: Spin the music around your head in circles
• Crusher: Crush your tunes with no mercy. This effect completely kills the beat!
• Telephone: Landline on prime time
File Export and ringtone maker:
Beat Slice now supports export feature that allows you to save remixes and share them or make ringtones. Once a ringtone is exported it can be used on your iPhone.
SYNC is a minimal all-in-one musical app for those who love beats, bass and music. The app is fun for any genre wether it be hip hop, dubstep, electro, trap and even drum & bass exploring the various tempos of your beats is fun and can push you to develop new sequence patterns within your own music.
Included in this version is a drum sequencer, sample pads and a mini keyboard synth. Endless possibilities to explore new tempos and sounds on your device. The app is available on the iPhone and iPad, all for the lowest price possible on iTunes, only $0.99! Also included in this release is a share to unlock player that is free of charge and available for a simple share on Facebook. Enjoy!
StepSequencer ST-S01 brings a classical Step Sequencer to the iPad.
Do you remember the times of huge, old modular Synthesizers. They were not complete without a Step Sequencer and this is exactly what ST-S01 is. It features two modes with either 16 steps or two times 8 steps which are executed in parallel on two MIDI channels. ST-S01 supports MIDI Clock, Start, Continue and Stop. Each step has an octave and note selector as well as a switch which permits skipping a step. In MIDI clock receive mode it is possible to slow down or speed up the sequence. MIDI can be received and sent by WIFI and through interfaces like the Line6 Midi Mobilizer.
ST-S01 can control any background MIDI enabled App on the iPad, as well as external MIDI keyboards.
Yammmy have coming out swinging in 2013 with this great all-in-one music creation station for iPad. It’s accessible for all levels of musicianship, but also offer some deep editing features too. Haven’t downloaded it yet, but it’s on my shopping list this week….
Yamaha’s new Mobile Music Sequencer enables composers to combine a range of phrase patterns and create musical compositions intuitively, following the flow of composition, from phrases to sections and from sections to songs.
Wherever you are, you can now sketch the outline of a composition. In addition, you can use the ingredients to delicately craft songs on a Yamaha synthesizer, or in Steinberg Cubase.
First, try loading the demo song (a number of demo songs are provided). Tap on the settings icon in the top right of the screen, select [Digital Sympathy] from the Presets under the File tab, and press the Load button to read in the song.
Create a song right away as follows:
Step 1-Create phrases
You can choose from a rich selection of 382 preset phrases (the phrase is the smallest unit in the structure of a composition). Under Phrase in the View screen, tap on a cell in which no setting has been made, then tap on the Select button on the left. To listen to a preset phrase, tap on its name. It is also possible to use real-time recordings made using the keyboard within an application, or user phrases which have been created using piano roll input. Using the powerful Loop Remix function, it is possible to divide selected phrases at specified intervals and then order them automatically insert rolls or breaks, and thus rework them into new phrases.
Step 2-Create sections
Combine multiple phrases together to create a section. Phrases are arranged in a vertical block and playback is turned on and off using the Section button at the bottom of the screen. The phrases can be managed as a single unit.
By specifying codes for individual sections, you can easily create variations. Using the Create command you can also create a succession of new sections based on the phrase that is currently being played back, which allows production to proceed smoothly.
Step 3-Create Songs
Put together complete songs by pasting together sections. This is easily accomplished by touching the Section area and then just dragging and dropping sections into the data area. Naturally, you can also input sections by recording in real time or by using the piano roll screen.
• Built-in software synth with 92 high-quality sounds (including 9 types of drumkit) enables faithful rendering of sequence patterns.
• Sound editing using filters, EG, and other effects
• Mixer function for each part
• Effects including reverb, chorus, and variations
• Additional phrases and sounds
Four additional voice and phrase datapacks can be purchased directly using the application. (Dance Pop, Electronic, Hip Hop, R&B)
• File export
As well as a function for outputting standard general-purpose MIDI files, the application also includes a function for exporting files in an even easier-to-use format designed for Yamaha synths, in which characteristic sounds are specified in advance. (MOTIF XF, S90XS/S70XS, MOX6/MOX8, and MOTIF XS)
Audio mix-down of a song or a phrase and conversion of the song or the phrase to an audio file can be performed in real time.
• Compatibility with SoundCloud
Audio files can be made compatible with SoundCloud and uploaded.
Demo of the features
The most advanced Cubase remote control app!
Connecting deeper to Cubase than any other app, Cubase iC Pro is the most advanced Cubase control app with a clear focus on recording, making it your very personal recording assistant. The project overview page and the mixer allow you to see your project as you know it from Cubase, while the key command page gives you a powerful tool to set up your most-used keyboard shortcuts and macros. Up to four dedicated cue mixes can be set up with Cubase iC Pro, giving musicians the freedom to adjust their own mix with a iPhone or iPad. Cubase iC Pro is Cubase’s perfect companion!
Please note that being a remote control, this application provides no use or function without a connection to Cubase 7/6.5, Cubase Artist 7/6.5 or Cubase LE AI Elements 6.
Some functionalities (e.g. the Cue-mix features) work only in combination with Cubase 7/6.5 and not with Cubase Artist 7/6.5 or Cubase LE AI Elements 6.
• Project page with project overview
• Mixer with up to 4 independent cue-mix
• Customizable key commands and macros
Cubase iC Pro technical support
The Steinberg SKI Remote extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/ski
Grab the full details here - http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/ios_apps/cubase_ic_pro.html
Groovy Beats is a fun way to create beautiful music when you have time to kill. Waiting in line? On the train? These are perfect times for trying out your creative genius! Use a range of instruments, tap out a pattern and listen how they sound together. It is like having an orchestra of your own to experiment with.
The idea is based on some original research on how music can be “seen” and how children can use patterns to make music. But the effect is amazing on both adults and children! It is a great way to introduce children to use their creativity in music, it teaches the fun of experimenting and at the same time helps with their visualization skills development – since effectively they are thinking of the effect of the pattern they are creating. It is equally fun for adults to play with it and find their hidden talent with music.
You just have to play with it once to know!
And to bring your genius to people the app comes with the ability to share with the world. There is a space to see what other people are creating, like them and follow them. Or you can just share with your friends on Facebook.
- 10 instruments to select from (including chords)
- Unlimited number of use of the instruments in different tunes
- Solo/Mute to play and perfect tune by tune
- Unlimited play by ability to extend the board
- Volume control for each tune and instrument
- Share with people
- Rate and get rated
If you haven’t yet tried, let alone heard of this excellent groove creator and performance app, here your chance to grab a free download code.
Steph has been kind enough to throw a promo code my way to offer as a prize, and here’s all you have to do….
Answer this simple question – What other music app has soh.la made? Post your answer and contact email below this, and the first correct entry will be emailed the promo code.
If you need a refresher on what bip is, read on……
bip is a fantastic creative tool for playing, recording and performing musical rhythmic patterns. Starting with the simple idea of a programmable generated beat, touch and hold gestures are used to select beats and patterns. Patterns can be mixed and matched along with a touch-strip controller for transforming beats. Choose from track templates for quickly creating tracks or spend the time importing and tweaking beats with your own samples.
bip offers hours of creative composing and live performance.
• create a variety of rhythm’s while touch hold and slide finger across beats
• all beats can be programmed to play in time including complex sub-divisions
• a touch strip for changing parameters of any beat, loop or entire track
• record beats and parameters to create expressive musical patterns
• arrange patterns on the fly for each track
• use to compose, arrange AND perform live
• load track presets for quick music making
• over 200 samples included
• import samples using audio paste or iTunes file sharing
MIDI Pattern Sequencer is a tool with powerful and at the same time very comfortable, intuitive and easy interface. It is the main feature, through which the sequencer can easily used by anyone, from beginner to professional, and everyone will find it most necessary for their own purposes.
The sequencer does not produce the sound. It is designed to control via MIDI any external sound modules, samplers, synthesizers and other applications running on iPad or another computer. Full support for external MIDI interfaces, network and virtual ports, synchronization with external devices and transport control makes this sequencer like playback control center for music devices or other applications.
The best things:
● Indispensable tool in creation of final composition or experiments with rhythm and phrase patterns.
● User interface is designed so that all features of the current mode are available immediately or through one or two steps.
● Can be operated with one hand, even with one finger, in any place of your workspace to which you can reach.
● Does not have complicated gestures, very small elements which are inconvenient for clicks, clumsy scrolling and distracting realistic interface elements. Just only single click and move fader.
● Classical data structure: Project – Song – Pattern.
● Four main control modes – Transport, Keyboard, Edit pattern, Edit cell.
● No need to save data. All changes will be saved automatically.
● Pattern tracks can be configured for notes or drum events.
● Real-time recording and editing patterns.
● Recording and editing events through internal keyboard or external devices.
● Playback one or more patterns at once. Start and stop patterns during playback.
● Changes pattern events (Transposition, Velocity, Duration) during playback.
● Editing individual events or changes all events in track.
● Length of pattern is defined by last note or can be set to fixed value.
● Correct simultaneous playback patterns with different length.
● Each pattern and song track have individual mute/solo function.
● Song can contain patterns from current project and patterns from any other projects.
● Extended set of editing functions for patterns and songs – insert, delete, move and scroll a single event or entire track.
● Ability to set track titles, pattern titles (pattern button titles) and drum pad titles.
● Set of different color schemes of interface.
● Full support of all external MIDI interfaces based on CoreMIDI (like iRig, MIDI Mobilizer II, StudioConnect, iConnectMIDI, IO dock, Camera Connection Kit).
● Each track can be configured for output to any MIDI channel (or more channels) and different devices.
● Creating virtual MIDI port for connect to internal iPad applications (like PPG Wave, SampleTank and others).
● Synchronization with external device that send MIDI clock.
● Send own MIDI clock to external devices and applications as master device.
● Send transport commands Start/Stop/Continue to external devices.
● Controlled by external transport commands Start/Stop/Continue.
● Internal metronome on standard audio output.
● Metronome can start at recording only or at playback and recording.
● Metronome can start immediately or within one or two measures before.
● MIDI console displays all input MIDI messages in convenient form.
● Activity indicator shows channels of incoming MIDI messages.
● Displays external BPM value and status of synchronization.