Slice and sequence your loops with a matrix of markov-chain connections. Introduce order with the probability-based coin-flipping pattern sequencer. Bend time with warp functions for glitches and modulations. Tweak and trigger in real time performance. Get anything between rigid control and random chaos.
SECTOR has been #1 music iPad app in 21 countries!
• High quality 32-bit audio engine
• Unique probability-matrix sample slice sequencer
• Stream audio to other apps in Audiobus or Inter-App Audio
• Import samples and loops from AudioShare or using “Open in” from other apps, or using iTunes FileSharing
Users guide: http://kymatica.com/sector/manual
Coming in next update:
• MIDI clock sync
• Microfading to avoid clicks at sector-jumps
• In-app recording and exporting of loops
Retro inspired musical sketchpad, beat maker & melody generator – create melodies, drum patterns, grooves, basslines & chord progressions, or just doodle.
+ Step sequencer with 8 – 32 steps
+ Touch, drag & draw notes
+ Choose key signature, scale, tempo, octave and more
+ Melodic mode – select a scale & never play a wrong note!
+ Drum sampler mode – touch, drop and groove
+ High quality sounds including 8bit synths, classical piano, sitar, super organ, electronic & acoustic drum kits, plus bonus arcade machine soundpack*
+ Generate random melodies with your chosen algorithm
+ Save and restore your seekquences*
+ Omja – your very own wise man to help you along the way
*requires purchase of Pro upgrade
This is the first version so many more features coming soon. I’d love to hear from you so please leave any feedback and feature requests and I will be sure to consider them for future updates.
To avoid any confusion, this app does not produce any audible sounds. It is designed to be used with MIDI-compatible apps on your iPad, a WIFI network session to control your DAW software or via a dedicated iOS MIDI interface (e.g. Line6 MIDI Mobilizer) to control outboard hardware.
MIDI is output to all available devices. By default, it will always output to a WIFI MIDI network session.
How does it work?
There is a single sequence of notes. There are 16 tracks that are capable of playing that sequence, each of which has its own independent set of properties.
Press ‘Edit sequence’
This is where you specify your 16-note sequence. The note range goes from A0 all the way up to C7 (the full range of a piano)
Press ‘Cycle track properties’
This is where you specify the properties of each of the sixteen tracks. Each column on the graphics represents track 1 to 16.
Pressing ‘Cycle track properties’ repeatedly switches between the following properties:
– Track Speed (bpm): choose the speed for each track from a range of 1 to 240 beats per minute.
– Track Note Length (%): choose the length of the note for each track. The note length is a percentage of time between beats. You could specify a high note length on a track with a low track speed to get some nice atmospheric held notes. Alternatively you could specify a low note length on a track with a high track speed and get some nice arpeggiator effects!
– Track MIDI Channel: choose the MIDI channel for the track. By default these are set from 1 to 16 for each track respectively.
– Track Velocity: choose the velocity (or force) that the sequence of notes is played on this track. The higher the velocity, the louder, or more emphasised the resulting sound. Do bear in mind that the app, virtual instrument or hardware synth must respond to velocity in order to hear the effect of this property.
This plays your sequence. Pressing again will stop playback.
Note that when you press play, all of the tracks are bought back in sync with each other. A small graphical indicator beneath the columns shows you when each track is triggered and how far through the 16 note sequence each track is.
Something both innovative and unique has landed from KORG, bringing back some classic synth sounds of yesteryear, and mixing a collection of them with some modern day sound editing tools!
*** A collection of fifteen Gadgets ***
Right from the beginning, KORG Gadget gives you 15 compact synthesizers and drum machines. Each Gadget possesses an irresistible presence and can function as the core of your electronic music productions. The parameters are carefully constructed to take you right to the sound that you want, and they’re ideal for producing all forms of electronic music. Even if you don’t play a musical instrument, no worries! Each synth offers a keyboard featuring a Scale function that makes it impossible to play wrong notes, combined with a sequencer that supports the function, Just download KORG Gadget to your iPad, and start exploring 15 Gadgets. Which will be your favorite?
*** Ideal track-making experience while on the go. Control two things at once. ***
For the most part, KORG Gadget uses the vertical orientation that makes the iPad easy to hold in one hand and is the most common style of interface on iOS devices. The screen of the iPad is divided vertically in two halves, allowing you to simultaneously control two types of content-“song creation” and “sound creation”. by placing the current Gadget on the bottom of the screen while always showing the sequencing environment up top.-This ensures that your creative production flow is not interrupted. That’s all you have to know. You’ll enjoy the simple and intuitive sequencer, and experience track-making in an environment that’s been perfectly optimized for mobile use, while retaining professional quality in everything from the effects to the mixer.
*** Capture ideas for your songs wherever you like. An ideal choice as a second DAW ***
If you run out of ideas while producing a song, try taking KORG Gadget somewhere that you find inspirational, like a cafe or your living room. Then create sounds or phrases with your favorite gadget and stock up on ideas. The data you create can be exported as audio data for a variety of uses. Even if you typically use a computer or sophisticated music production equipment, KORG Gadget is an ideal partner that will inspire you from a different perspective. KORG Gadget is also an ideal choice as a second DAW that’s easy to take with you along anywhere.
*** Share songs to the GadgetCloud and connect to users around the world. ***
Songs that you create using KORG Gadget can be shared on “GadgetCloud,” a music sharing site for KORG Gadget users worldwide. By exchanging songs between mobile musicians around the world, you can communicate in ways that bypass language barriers, and also improve your skill as a creative artist. This is a music production space that’s fun to use; you can submit your songs for selection as tracks recommended by KORG, enter various contents, and use the ranking system. You can also upload from KORG Gadget directly to any social networking service such as SoundCloud, Facebook, or Twitter, sending your tracks wherever you like.
GadgetCloud is based on SoundCloud, the cloud service that’s supported by creative artists world-wide. You will need a SoundCloud account.
***A fusion of cutting-edge iOS technology; a mobile studio that continues to evolve ***
By connecting an external MIDI keyboard via the Camera Connection Kit, you can play the 15 synthesizers in Gadget from a real keyboard. A wide range of iOS music technology is also supported, including AudioCopy, and WIST. There’s a roadmap for future updates that will add new gadgets and support audio tracks, further perfecting the system as a mobile music production studio. KORG Gadget will continue to evolve in support of serious mobile music-making.
Instantly reshape any loop beyond imaginable. Create amazing breaks, fills and transitions. Turn even the simplest sounds into unique animated textures. Sequential is an extremely fun yet versatile app for animated effect processing.POWERFUL EFFECTS
Sequential lets you load audio samples for looped playback and apply up to 11 different effects in a rhythmical order. It includes many classic algorithms such as low- and high-pass filters, flanger, resonator, bit crusher, but goes much further with Sinevibes’ trademark wave transformer, circuit bender and even synthesizers controlled by the sound’s dynamics.FUN WORKFLOW
Creating effect patterns with Sequential is more game than workflow. With its bold shapes, clever color coding and all-round use of animations, it feels alive and almost connected straight to your brain. All parameters you change are saved along the audio files and recalled without you even noticing — everything just works the way you think it should.
Whatever you hear coming out of Sequential can be recorded, even if you activate recording as you play. Moreover, all recordings are trimmed precisely to a bar, meaning you will always get audio that loops rhythmically.
Sequential comes with a tasty selection of bass and rhythm loops in a wide variety of music styles, including house, drum’n’bass, r’n’b, dubstep, trap, hardstyle, electro, and more.
You can import your own loops and export recordings both via the general pasteboard and iTunes file sharing. Sequential supports .wav and .aiff files in 16 bit 44.1 KHz format.
Xynthesizr = ToneMatrix + a full-fledged synthesizer + instant generative music features.
Create music easily and intuitively. Just press play, tap on the grid buttons and hear what happens. It’s that simple, but that’s not all.
With its synthesizer and morphing features, Xynthesizr can be a classic ToneMatrix, an arpeggiated synth, a soft ambient generator, even a drone machine, and more. Check out the built-in patterns and presets to get the idea.
AUDIOBUS enabled (make sure you have Background Audio enabled in Xynthesizr settings)
• 1-32 steps variable pattern length
• Shake to clear
• Tempo control (1-300 BPM)
• 2 pattern morphing algorithms: [Conway’s Game of] Life-like cellular automata and randomized
• Extended range (26 notes for 4-inch screen devices, 22 notes for 3.5-inch)
• Selectable keys and scales
• Ability to tie consecutive notes of same pitch (effectively making them one long note)
• Color-coded octaves
• Scalar transposition
• 16 voice polyphony (12 for iPhone 3GS)
• 2 oscillators per voice
• 4 selectable waveforms (sine, triangle, sawtooth, square)
• Detune control
• 4-pole (24 dB/oct) low-pass resonant filter
• 2 ADSR envelope generators (amplitude and filter frequency)
• 2 LFOs
• 4 selectable LFO targets (filter frequency, pitch, amplitude, second oscillator detune)
• Stereo reverb and randomized panner
Available via In-App Purchase:
• Record and export audio via SoundCloud®, Mail and iTunes File Sharing
• Create your own scales and Life-like cellular automata rules
• Save your presets and patterns
The midiSequencer iPad app is a 16 step sequencer with analog style sliders and a very special button called Cycle for delaying changes. Equipped with step or note duration timing and special effects (e.g. ratcheting ornamentation).
The design of midiSequencer was focused on being able to make changes for any of the 16 steps during play, for example it is possible to link all controls to move them as a group, or use increment/decrement buttons for small changes.
Flexible routing allows network sessions and midi devices to be sources of midi input to the sequencer. Additionally, the sequencer can be setup as a virtual source or destination to allow dedicated midi messaging externally to & from other apps.
With extremely high & low playback clock speeds (1 to 1020 BPM) it can accomplish special effects on your external midi equipment not even available on hardware sequencers. As a SLAVE, it can utilise incoming midi clock to synchronise your DAW or hardware synthesiser.
With the ability for each step to decide which step follows, this sequencer is capable of playing sub-sequences outside of the normal forward/reverse patterns.
Up to two midi controllers can be setup for the sequencer and each step can provide a value for the controller. All 127 controller values are possible, but most useful for the mod wheel & aftertouch controls. The effectiveness of this depends upon the receiving midi equipment, but it is not constrained.
Recording midi data as steps is also possible and can record midi note, velocity, channel, and up to two controller values. Recording for each of these parameters can be disabled in the Options. Additionally, you can select to record from only one midi channel, allowing you to use one midi source (e.g. a keyboard) to record from.
Snapshots allows the current settings (with or without the transport controls) to be stored in up to 20 locations. The can be loaded or saved even when the sequencer is playing. In Cycle mode, this loading will occur at the cycle reset, allowing for creative changes during play.
Stuck for a sequence idea? Let Random setup a completely new set of controls for you to experiment with!
Notes a little plain? Add note ornamentations : mordents, appoggiatura, triplet or even a ratcheting style triple or quad repeat.
Program your own rhythm and groove patterns and switch between them in a live performance. Mute or solo individual instruments, change parameters on the fly and record your performance as high-quality audio file for sharing or later editing on your computer.
The high-contrast user interface is perfectly suited for dim light situations on stage and assists in sound creation in the studio.
Stroke Machine’s powerful synthesizer engine features high-quality Oscillator, Filter, Overdrive and Effect models, extremely fast Envelopes and LFO, sample-exact Pattern Sequencer and a sophisticated Sample, Sound and Pattern library.
The deep sound creation possibilities include two oscillators with typical analog waveforms and sample playback, frequency and ring modulation and a separate white and pink noise generator with integrated multimode filter. All tone generators are summed into a transient generator, followed by another multimode filter and a drive module with several types, a sample rate and bit depth reduction stage, and a two-band equalizer with shelf and bell curves.
Freely assignable modulations with an easy-to-understand user interface offer maximum flexibility easily surpassing even expensive hardware synthesizers.
Each sound is mixed into one of four effect busses, each featuring a sum overdrive, a compressor, a modulation effect like chorus, flanger, phaser or sum filter, and a space effect like delay or clocked delay, or natural, plate or non-linear reverb.
• 12 drum and percussion sound parts
• 12 melodic sound parts
• number of voices only limited by CPU
• 4 multi-effect busses
• pattern with up to 8 bars and 16th resolution, bar nominator and denominator freely adjustable
• modulation sequencer for smooth or quantized automation of each continuous sound and bus parameter
• 128 patterns including all sounds in direct access
• track solo and mute
• sample import
• audio export of a pattern or the whole performance
• AudioBus support
• WIST support
• 2 oscillators with waveforms sine, triangle, sawtooth, pulse with pulse width modulation
• sine waveforms can be changed in slope, symmetry and saturation for additional overtones
• sample playback
• frequency modulation of each oscillator by white noise and oscillator 1 by oscillator 2
• ring modulation
• noise generator with white and pink noise, variable density and multimode filter
• transient generator with crack, rattle, spike, click and thump generators
• multimode filter with 6 dB low or high pass, 12 dB and 24 dB low, band or high pass and band stop
• drive stage with light, medium, hard, clip, tube and fuzz overdrive and tone control
• redux stage (decimator) with sample rate and bit reduction
• fully parametric two-band equalizer with shelf and band types
• glide generator with portamento and glissando for melodic sounds
• voice allocation poly, mono and 3 alternate groups
• 1 LFO with waveforms sine, triangle, pulse, positive pulse, sawtooth, 4 step ramp, 8 step ramp, sample & hold, random, rate synchronizable to clock
• 2 Envelopes with (ADSR) or without (2 decay stages with breakpoint) sustain and variable slope for each stage
• modulation sources LFO, envelope 1 and 2, velocity, note number, 4 random generators, pitch bend and modulation wheel
• any continuous parameter can be modulated
• voice mixed into one of four effect busses
Per effect bus:
• sum drive stage with various types and tone filter
• modulation effect with 2 to 6 stage chorus, 4 to 12 stage phaser or multimode filter
• space effect with stereo modulation delay, synchronizable to clock, natural, plate, or non-linear reverb
Minimum requirement: iOS 6.0
Create your rack by adding up to 14 machines from a choice of:
* Subsynth – Virtual analog subtractive synthesizer
* PCMSynth – Multi-sample wave synthesizer
* BassLine – 303-like monosynth
* BeatBox – 8-channel sampling drum machine
* PadSynth – Harmonic table pad synthesizer
* 8BitSynth – 8bit equation solver synthesizer
* Modular – Fully configurable and routable synthesizer
* Organ – Tonewheel organ with rotary speaker
* Vocoder – 8-band harmonic vocoder
* FMSynth – DX-style 3-operator fm synthesizer
The app also includes:
* Effects rack supporting 2 effects per machine (16 effect types).
* Mixer desk with EQ, panning and global Delay/Reverb effects.
* Master section with effect slots, parametric EQ and limiter.
* Song sequencer
Supports automation recording on most controls and includes powerful editors for modifying automation curves.
Users can record their own WAV files for use in the PCMSynth, BeatBox, and Vocoder or import files through iTunes file sharing or the built-in FTP server.
Supports all uncompressed WAV files (8-16-24-32bit, any sampling rate).
The PCMSynth can also load SoundFont files (.sf2) and FL/Xewton instruments (.instr, .ZIP)
Exported songs can be shared using the AudioShare app.
Supports CoreMIDI for note and velocity data.
Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 118 studio-quality instruments with sustain, a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
What’s New in Version 2.4
*** Holiday sale: Music Studio is 33% discounted, the in-app instrument packs are available at half the price ***
Support us with your 5 star review to help keep the updates coming!
New features in Music Studio 2.4:
• 52 new high quality symphonic instruments
• New instrument list folder layout
• Polyphony can be set to 128 (on current generation devices only)
• Bug fixes