The Arpeggionome Pro is a professional MIDI controller designed specifically for iPad 2+. With the Arpeggionome Pro, you design and perform intricate patterns of musical notes at incredible speeds and with precise control.
ARPEGGIONOME VS ARPEGGIONOME PRO
The Arpeggionome Pro is the professional version of its predecessor, the Arpeggionome. The Arpeggionome Pro features a redesigned interface, a robust MIDI implementation, parameter-change quantization, and much more.
For a detailed side-by-side comparison, please see www.alexandernaut.com/arpeggionome-vs-arpeggionome-pro.
A ROCK-SOLID MIDI IMPLEMENTATION
The Arpeggionome Pro’s MIDI implementation is finely tuned to control external MIDI devices, digital audio workstations (such as Ableton Live, Logic, and Pro Tools), and other iOS MIDI Applications (such as GarageBand, Animoog, and DM1).
Compatible MIDI Connections:
• Virtual MIDI ports of other iOS MIDI applications
• ‘Core MIDI’ compatible hardware interfaces
• MIDI over WiFi
• MIDI over Bluetooth
MIDI Output Features Include:
• Send MIDI on any of 16 channels
• Select between four Note Gate Modes (Manual, Mono, Legato, and Legato+)
• Control Note Velocity with Knob or Accelerometer
• Control Note Gate with Knob or Accelerometer
• Transmit MIDI CC Messages with Accelerometer
• Transmit Pitchbend Messages with Accelerometer
• Transmit MIDI CC and Pitchbend on any channel
• Adjustable data-range of Accelerometer-controlled messages
MIDI Input Features Include:
• MIDI Time Clock synchronization.
• Externally set the Arpeggionome Pro’s pattern with a MIDI keyboard.
• Externally set the Arpeggionome Pro’s pattern with Program Change messages.
• Quantize the Arpeggionome Pro’s first note to external MIDI Source.
DESIGN AN ARPEGGIO FROM SCRATCH…
The Performance Matrix is the Arpeggionome Pro’s main interface component.
• Touch any Control Point in the Performance Matrix to trigger the notes in the pattern.
• Move your finger left and right to set the reference-note of the pattern.
• Move your finger up and down to set the pattern’s rate
• Control up to 240 notes per second, nearly 15,000 notes per minute.
Six button-matrices and eight touch-knobs are used to design the Arpeggionome Pro’s pattern.
• Key – sets the musical key
• Scale – sets the musical scale
• Notes – sets the number of unique notes
• Step Distance – sets the distance between each note
• Notes Style – sets how the pattern moves between notes
• Alignment – sets how the pattern is justified from the reference-note
• Octave Range – sets the starting and ending octaves of the pattern
• Octave Style – sets how the pattern moves between octaves
• Rates – set the pattern’s rate to 50% or 25%.
• Octave Offset – shift the pattern’s starting octave
• Note Offset – shifts the pattern’s starting note
• Velocity – sets MIDI Note Velocity for each note triggered
• Gate – changes the length of each note triggered
• Tempo – sets the global tempo
The button-matrices and touch-knobs are also designed for performance.
• Button-matrices set on touch-down events
• Group 1 Touch-Knobs (Key, Scale, Rates, Octave, and Note) set on touch-up events
• Group 2 Touch-Knobs (Velocity, Gate, and Tempo) continuously set
… OR USE A PRESET
The Arpeggionome Pro includes a Pattern Library with a wide selection of presets. You can also save your own patterns to the Pattern Library. Additionally, eight pattern-buttons and two arrow-buttons provide quick access to the Pattern Library, enabling you to change and save patterns while performing.
• A simple built-in synthesizer
• Beautiful and informative visual feedback
• Integrated documentation
• Backup, restore, and transfer patterns between devices via iTunes File Sharing.
Make your own Beats Electro, House, Hiphop, Minimal, Dubstep, Nujazz … and share a Jam with friends.
Loop-based music sequencer specially designed for playing live, it is associated with an innovative and powerful randomization tool.
WEJAAM allows you to take great pleasure in making music without being a musician.
It’s very simple to make a beat, just select from the Djaam library or you also can pick up from the World Jaam community the only think you have to do it’s to create you beat using the hit editor, add sound, delete sound that’s so easy…
Give you access to a 5 pads controllers instead than knob in this way you will control simple your feeling with your finger on the screen, we also record your live session.
WEJAAM’s complete mastering system in a single integrated app includes Limiter, Reverb, Delay, Flanger, Equalizer, Chorus, Distortion.
Based on feedback and requests gathered from mastering professionals, Wejaam advanced includes exclusive controls and features.
Random your imagination
With this exclusive features you can easily have access to one million of possibilities, during your live performance run and tap to the random bar to bring up a new pattern idea.
share your jam head to head with friends it’s an unforgettable music experience.
Ready to go now ?
Make your own song within minutes and sound like a pro just record your live and create the best traxx ever. Then upload the song and share your mix all around the world.
• Sequencer 6 patterns of 32 notes.
• 6-channel instrument (synthesizer or sampler).
• 1 parametric Filter by channel.
• 2 effect sends per channel (Delay, Reverb, Flanger, Chorus, Overdrive).
• 3-band equalizer.
• Output limiter.
• Export recordings and programs with iTunes.
• Bluetooth Synchronization allows you to play with another person and have the same audio output on each device.
Check http://www.wejaam.com for all the details
Glitchamaphone is a music-making app for iPad built with love by the creators of Glitch in co-operation with the music game geniuses at gl33k.
Create and edit your own compositions with up to five animated characters playing a variety of fun instruments. Hand-drawn animations, natural materials in the background and environmental effects which change in response to your unique musical style. Comes with three settings and environments, each with their own unique sound.
MINT.io (Music In No Time) is a scale-based, intelligent Groovebox, aimed at live Techno, House, Dubstep and Breakbeat performances, built under the paradigm of one-screen interface in order to achieve maximum realtime tweak ability.
You don’t have to spend ANY time preparing for your jam session. MINT.io is designed to produce original electronic tunes literally in SECONDS after you start the app, even in the Free mode. There is an unlockable Premium mode (via in-app purchase) for maximum fuinctionality.
Features pristine audio quality (CrystalClear 5.0 Ultra-Precision Audio Engine) and the amazing ability to randomly generate great-sounding drum and synth patterns. MINT.io is packed with modern sounds and offers many endless hours of instant music-generation fun, even for those who are new to making music.
5 SOUND GENERATORS
+ Oktane: 8-Track Drum machine
+ Menthol: Ultra Bass Synth with B.E.A.S.T. Analog-Modelled LP Filter, Wobble Control, + Slide and Octave
+ Raindrop Vibe Twins: Unique “Pond” Synth with “Freeze” feature
+ Chiller: Automatic Chord Synth with 7 Trancegate patterns and Sidechain Simulation
+ Noise Machine: Comes as an extra Master FX
EVEN MORE SONIC GOODNESS
+ Extra-quality, fast access LP/HP filters on each channel
+ Randomize Drum & Synth tracks by tapping twice on the ABCD buttons
+ Randomize ALL feature
+ Automatic Drum & Synth Pattern Sequencer with Polyrhythm ability
STYLES AND FX
+ 5 Master FX: Glitch, Synced Repeater, VibeGlitch, Noise Machine, BitCrusher
+ Channel FX: Synced Delay & Mega Reverb
+ Realtime adjustable Tempo & Swing
+ 3 Drum Styles for random generation: House, Breakbeat, Dubstep
PACKED WITH SOUNDS
+ 20 Modern Drumkits (House, Breakbeat, Dubstep)
+ 20 Menthol Ultra Bass sounds
+ 32 Fresh Raindrop Vibes sounds
+ 16 Lush Chiller Chord string & pad sounds
+ 20+ Built-in Scales, Edit/Transpose/Shift Scale
+ Save Menthol Synth presets
+ 4 Drum & Synth slots to save patterns
+ Solo Mode for all channels
IMPORTANT NOTE: MINT.IO IS A FREEMIUM APP (SOME FUNCTIONALITY AND INSTRUMENTS ARE UNLOCKED AFTER THE IN-APP PURCHASE), BUT YOU ARE WELCOME TO TRY IT (THERE IS ENOUGHT CONTENT IN THE FREE VERSION) AND SEE IF YOU LIKE IT.
PREMIUM MODE gives you:
1) Editable settings, channel FX and scale
2) Edit Menthol/Oktane parameters
3) Enable Automatic Pattern Sequencer
4) Record your performances
5) Much more instruments and presets
6) Randomize All will work much better (due to lots of scales & presets)
This could be the chrissy present some of you have been waiting for….
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Record tracks in CD audio quality, and edit your music with the Key and Sample Editors, while the included mixer and audio effects polish your song to perfection. Cubasis comes loaded with dozens of virtual instrument sounds which can be played in real time using the virtual keyboard and drum pads. Cubasis’ projects can be even opened in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depends on the device used)
• Over 70 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic
• MixConsole with over 10 effect processors
• Over 300 MIDI and audio loops
• Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor
• Export projects to Cubase, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• Sequence other CoreMIDI apps (MIDI recording only) and run Cubasis simultaneously via background audio
• Audio import from iTunes music library, AudioPaste, Wi-Fi server and iTunes file sharing
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
Grab more details @ http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/ios_apps/cubasis.html
bip is a fantastic creative tool for playing, recording and performing musical rhythmic patterns. Starting with the simple idea of a programmable generated beat, touch and hold gestures are used to select beats and patterns. Patterns can be mixed and matched along with a touch-strip controller for transforming beats. Choose from track templates for quickly creating tracks or spend the time importing and tweaking beats with your own samples.
bip offers hours of creative composing and live performance.
• create a variety of rhythm’s while touch hold and slide finger across beats
• all beats can be programmed to play in time including complex sub-divisions
• a touch strip for changing parameters of any beat, loop or entire track
• record beats and parameters to create expressive musical patterns
• arrange patterns on the fly for each track
• use to compose, arrange AND perform live
• load track presets for quick music making
• over 200 samples included
• import samples using audio paste or iTunes file sharing
Development studio, 4PocketsAudio has been steadily making a name for itself in the serious iOS music making app world, and by that I don’t mean they take themselves too serious (at least I don’t think they do), but rather that their growing collection of apps are aimed at music makers that are looking for comprehensive features, and expect decent results.
If you aren’t up with 4Pocket’s back catalogue, it’s worth a look as there is something in there for most musicians, from tone generators and spectrum analysers, to virtual guitar amp and effect boards, multitrack DAWs, and music composing and sequencing software. The later genre was initially represented by 4Pocket’s Aurora Sound Studio, which appeared back in 2010.
This app has been joined in the same category by the recently release, Synergy Studio for iPad. And while there are certainly similarities in the look and features of both apps, this new release offers greater musical creativity and advanced options, while at the same time still being accessible to musicians at all levels of experience.
Rather than draw direct comparisons between the apps, here are my initial thoughts on Synergy Studio since I’ve been playing with it for a few weeks now.
Anyone familiar with the grid-based or step-time sequencing, or in fact Yamaha’s ill-fated Tenori-on digital instrument, will already feel right at home with Synergy’s main interface which is mostly made up of rows of dots, with the vertical lines representing beats in a bar, and the horizontal lines representing notes on a scale. By touching a dot it turns blue and becomes active, so if a sound has been assigned and you hit play, you hear it. It’s a highly visual way to create music since you can not only ‘see’ the music gradually coming together as you activate more and more dots, but it encourages experimentation because if a note is off or out of time, simply touch the dot to remove it.
The main idea behind building musical arrangements this way, is you create individual ‘patterns’ or ‘loops’ such as an intro, verse, chorus, solo section, break down, etc. Once these smaller sections have been created, you can easily put them into a longer song format, by playing around with the order of the patterns until you find a combination that works best.
Synergy Studio allows you to create up to 64 unique patterns per song file, and each pattern can be up to 64 notes in length, which is more than enough to let your creative juices flow.
Like Aurora Sound Studio before it, Synergy Studio includes a library of instruments, including 11 drum kits covering most genres of music. The collection of musical sounds are divided into three main categories – analogue synth sounds, sampler instruments, and synth pad sounds. The main difference between them being the way the sounds have been created and the available editing options to not only adjust the existing sounds, but also to create your own new patches.
In addition to over 100 included sounds and patches, 4Pockets will be offering free downloadable instrument packs (the first pack is already available), plus additional sounds will be available as optional in-app purchases. At the moment there doesn’t appear to be any to purchase though.
In addition to entering notes on the grid one by one, there is also a two octave virtual keyboard and a dozen pads you can opt to use for more real time performance based pattern construction.
Two other main features, that I’ve yet to really play with, are the arpeggiator feature which of course if perfect for producing unique and intricate note sequences, and then there’s the controller section where you can quickly and easily automate a wide variety of settings across the instruments, mixer and effects section.
The mixer takes the form of a traditional 16 channel in line mixing board, offering the standard volume, mute, solo, and pan controls, plus 3-band Parametric EQ, and 3 effects sends per channel. I haven’t played a great deal with the effects section, but there is a chorus, tremolo, stereo delay, reverb, resonant filter, and atomiser which are all tweakable and some include a handful of presets, though I haven’t found anywhere that you can save your own custom settings.
Couple of other features of note include MIDI support for controlling external digital sound sources, giving you the option of just using the sequencing features of the app to control other MIDI compatible hardware. Plus there is also support for WIST, should you wish to sync Synergy with other compatible apps on other iOS devices wirelessly, such as 4Pocket’s own Meteor. You can use the app in master mode to control start, stop, and playback speed.
There are some handy exporting and audio copying options for getting your mixes out to services like SoundCloud, Dropbox and into other apps, but’s that’s being coming standard in most music creation apps now anyway.
I really haven’t drilled too much further down into Synergy Studio’s other finer details at this stage, but this about covers most of the key selling points. Which brings me to the price next. 4Pockets Audio hasn’t been shy in the past about putting premium price tags on their music apps, with Aurora Sound Studio HD still hovering around the $40 mark. While the true value of apps can really only be accessed at a personal level by the user, in my opinion, Synergy Studio at $19.99, presents great value for money. It offers an all-in-one music creation environment, that is accessible for budding music makers, yet still houses some powerful features for those looking for additional tools to finely tune their musical masterpieces.
If you’ve downloaded the app, I’d like to hear your thoughts. So feel free to post a comment below.
For the latest on Synergy Studio, hit the official siteSynergy Studio
Developer: Limelight Software
iPolysix is an analog polyphonic synthesizer that’s been carefully designed to take full advantage of the 7.9-inch display of the new iPad mini as well as the iPad. Bringing together a sequencer, drum machine, and even a mixer, it transforms your iPad or iPad mini into the ultimate analog synth studio. Pack an amazing set of early-’80s analog equipment into your iPad, and time-travel back to the dawn of polyphonic synthesizers!
● The world-wide best-selling Polysix polyphonic synthesizer, fully replicated on your iPad
● Use the newly developed Polyseq polyphonic step sequencer to control the Polysix
● A music production environment including two Polysix units, a drum machine, and a mixer
● Dual Kaoss Pads with chordal support make it easy for anyone to play analog synth sounds
● Polyshare powered by SoundCloud lets you publish, share, and remix songs with iPolysix users
☐ The world-wide best-selling Polysix polyphonic synthesizer
Korg’s Polysix, a six-voice analog polyphonic synthesizer, went on sale in 1981. While a popular synthesizer of that time was able to produce only five notes simultaneously, the Polysix had six-note polyphony, and its name was an expression of its designers’ pride. iPolysix uses Korg’s proprietary “CMT” (Component Modeling Technology) to simulate the actual electronic circuits of the original unit, perfectly reproducing the original Polysix.
☐ The newly developed Polyseq polyphonic step sequencer
Polyseq is a polyphonic step sequencer that provides up to 64 steps, newly developed in order to take full advantage of the Polysix’s capabilities. Polyseq provides a different operating feel than a conventional piano-roll sequencer or even a step sequencer; it’s a new yet somehow familiar experience, as if you were retracing the evolution of electronic musical instruments. Don’t miss the opportunity to try out this perfect match; the Polysix+Polyseq.
☐ A music production environment including two Polysix units, a drum machine, and a mixer
iPolysix has been created as a professional music production tool. In addition to two Polysix units, it provides a six-part drum machine, and an analog mixer that’s reminiscent of the KMX-8 mixer. You’ll have everything you need to produce great sounding music. Surrounded by analog equipment, you’ll imagine that you’ve time-traveled back to the early ’80s.
☐ Dual Kaoss Pads with chordal support
The large multi-touch display shows two Kaoss Pads which you can control using both hands to perform music. This enables creative performance even for those who have no musical knowledge. These Kaoss Pads have been customized for iPolysix to allow not only single-note performance, but also chordal playing with just one finger; a new experience made possible only by a combination of new and old technology, the Polysix+Kaoss Pad.
☐ Polyshare powered by SoundCloud lets you publish, share, and remix songs with iPolysix users around the world
Polyshare is a function for iPolysix users to share their songs. It’s based on SoundCloud, the song sharing service favored by music creators. You can make your song available to iPolysix users around the world simply by uploading the song directly from the app. You can download and upload remixable tracks. It’s easy to enjoy remixing and collaboration with users around the world.
*You’ll need a SoundCloud account to use Polyshare. A variety of account types are available. For details, please refer to the SoundCloud http://soundcloud.com. Use of SoundCloud is subject to the usage conditions specified by the SoundCloud company, including prohibition of copyrighted songs.
- iPad mini or iPad series (iPad 2 or later is recommended)
- iPolysix is a dedicated iPad app.
Synergy Studio is a sequencer that enables music creation by all musical abilities. By simply tapping on the grid interface users can lay down a series of notes and patterns of up to 64 notes to create a musical sequence.
If you are a seasoned musician looking for a tool to help lay down new ideas or need more advanced features then Synergy has the lot, a fully integrated mixer, lots of plug-in effects, complete customization of instruments and patches and extensive automation facilities.
If you want to experiment more, you can add multiple layers to your patterns by selecting different instruments for each layer. As you build up your layers you can create intricate musical patterns. By switching to the fully integrated mixer and effects options you can take your patterns to a professional level.
There are four main instrument categories to choose from: Drums, Analogue Synthesizer, Sample and Pad Synth. Each category contains different types of instruments – for example in the drum kit category you can choose from an array of different kits including Analogue T9, Orchestra, Rock and Techno. Further instrument packs are available in the Synergy’s free sound library or as In-App purchases.
Synergy includes MIDI implementation enabling you to interact with MIDI hardware, such as Synths and Samplers creating a powerful live tool.
Musicians can share projects with other iOS devices. Simply select the WIST function located at the top of the screen to seamlessly connect with other iPad to share tracks and projects with one another.
Exporting your finished songs and patterns from Synergy is just as easy with built in functionality for Dropbox, SoundCloud, Email, Pasteboard or exports directly into other apps such as Meteor Multitrack Recorder.
Although Synergy will run on the iPad 1, to get the full benefit we recommend an iPad 2 or later.
Synergy Studio is from 4PocketsAudio.com, the creators of Meteor Multi-Track recorder and StompBox guitar effects rack, which featured in Apple’s iPad 2 TV commercial in January 2012.
• Choose your pattern length from 16, 32 and 64 notes.
• 11 Drum Kits, 42 Analogue Synth instruments, 55 Sampler instruments, 21 Pad Synth instruments.
• Further instruments available from free Sound library and in-App purchases.
• Edit existing instruments to create new ones and save them to use again.
• Easily connect and interact with other MIDI controls.
• Fully integrated mixer and effects unit available.
• 3 BAND Parametric EQ on each of the 16 layers to control the tonal content of a layer.
• Automate panning, fading and effects using the mixer.
• Export and share to other iOS devices via Bluetooth, Pasteboard, SoundCloud, DropBox, Email and FTP
Anyone can make music with BeatEvolve! With 31 instruments to choose from, the intuitive interface lets you combine 3 layers of harmonies to create awesome riffs! Select from one of six preset evolution rules or create your own from scratch then sit back and watch as the music changes all by itself.
- Three layers
- 31 instruments
- Six evolution presets including Conway’s famous Game Of Life
- Experiment by creating your own evolution rules
- Flip, rotate and shift the patterns you make
- Tempo adjust
- Save your musical creations to use later or show off to your friends
Developer: Anya Linley