Moodscaper is a generative music app and a great personal companion for studying, providing non-intrusive headphone music at work, relaxing, meditating and even sleeping. Just launch the app, tap automatic play, and moodscaper will produce melodic, atmospheric and evocative ambient music in a “light”, “dark”, “space” or “sad” mood.
Moodscaper is also an easy to use instrument for creating epic-sounding pads and effects as part of a larger iPad-based music-making setup. You can even create your own custom instrument by loading your own samples, and taking advantage of moodscaper’s generative engine.
· Unique generative atmospheric sample-based instrument
· Simple one-screen / no text user interface
· Four scale-based moods
· Three loopers (five on iPad) with optional sync
· Provides tasteful auto-accompaniment to your bass and chord loops
· Hints displayed on keys that should sound good with root notes or chords
· Samples are randomly stacked for a bigger sound with more variation
· Extra effects section (iPad only) with filter, delay and reverb
· Effects tweaks can be recorded in loopers
· Additional 20 key instrument for each mood (iPad only)
· Add your own samples and create your own mood-based instrument
· Additional instruments available as free downloads at moodscaper.com
· IAA support (as a generator) with no special setup required
The moodscaper development approach is to release small and frequent updates. This creates a tight feedback loop between me (the developer) and you guys, so you get to drive what new features are included in the app. Thanks to the great ideas suggested by current users, moodscaper has already gone in directions I didn’t originally envisage, so please consider being part of that, *especially* if you don’t see your “must have” feature in the list above. You never know, I might be working on that feature already for the next release, or if enough people ask for it, I’ll do my best to implement it 😉
For more information, a downloadable manual, demos and support, please visit www.moodscaper.com
Here’s something typically, Japanesy and quirky that could produce some fun, novel beats and tunes for you…
PICO – Piano Roll Chiptune Composer
Easily compose NES music.
Piano roll composer app.
Sound can be confirmed on the keyboard drag.
Notes can be placed to the screen tap.
Screen Scalable in the pinch in-out.
Multipart possible composer.
Music part is a switch can be switched.
Music can be saved with a name.
Music can be recorded in the file (AAC format).
Octave Range C1 – C7.
For other operation specifications, check the operating instructions in the app.
* Function List
– Score save.
– Recording (AAC file).
– BPM (speed of the music) change.
– The maximum number of bar change.
– Tone change for each part.
– Volume change for each part.
* Tone List
– Square 1 (50:50)
– Square 2 (75:25)
– Square 3 (87.5: 12.5)
– Long Noise 1 (low)
– Long Noise 2 (high)
– Short Noise 1 (low)
– Short Noise 2 (high)
After the huge success of the PPG Phonem VST/AU plugin, we optimized the sound-engine to make it run pretty well on the iPad.
It has also been adapted to make best use of multi-touch and comes with IAA and AU-extension.
PPG Phonem lets the user create expressive vocal synthesis beyond anything ever heard before. With its advanced routing system every aspect of the voice can be controlled and modulated in any conceivable way. Anything from a quiet whisper to a scream. Use the intuitive text to speech tool to make Phonem say whatever you want.
Although the PPG Phonem was originally designed to do just vocal synthesis, it turned out that the system was also capable of producing a wide range of universal synthsizer sounds. So we extended the parameter ranges and made everything accessible to the user, to take advantage of this fact.
▪ Create your own singing style and expressions
▪ Large Phoneme inventory – 46 english/american plus 5 german plus 4 french phonemes
▪ Versatile excitation generator/oscillator
▪ Working with typical voice source or wavetable and time-corrected-samples (TCS)
▪ Extreme time stretching, freezing and reversing
▪ Pitch track – let your robots sing
▪ Control track – let it cry and shout
▪ Song mode – making it easy to compose your synthesized text
▪ Wave page – create your own wavetables and modify time-corrected-samples
▪ Import WTS and TCS files from the iPad WaveGenerator and WaveMapper
▪ All internal parameters available to the user – give your voices a special dialect or individual character
▪ Versatile matrix system – allowing 19 sources to control 40 parameters
▪ Two X/Y control pads freely routable to 40 parameters
▪ 6 Envelopes, for control of filter sweeps, waveform, noise and many modulations
▪ 4 LFOs plus Vibrato, Flutter and Growl generators
▪ Fully programmable resonator filter – allowing production of new sound effects
▪ Delay/Reverb effect
▪ Overdrive/Distortion effect
▪ A/B compare your edited sounds
▪ AU extension – run multiple Phonem instances in AU hosts
▪ IAA – inter-app audio support
▪ Audiobus 2 with statesaving
▪ 10 min audio recording and Audio copy to the pasteboard
▪ Redesigned browser with new listing filters
▪ Directly accessible context help for each module
▪ Freely configurable schematic keypads, with extremely expressive modulation options
▪ 4 Keypads play modes: Poly, Mono, Legato and Multitrigger.
▪ 4 MIDI modes: Omni, Poly, Mono, and Voice-Per-Channel.
For the latest details – http://wolfgangpalm.com/iphonem.html
Turn your iPad into an instrument of the violin family and play just like on a real instrument !
FingerFiddle introduces a new and highly sensitive musical experience with your IOS device. Your actions on the screen are turned naturally into an exceptionally realistic and responsive sound, whatever you do. Place your fingers on the fingerboard to change notes. Move your other hand on the screen to rub the strings with the bow and shape the sound continuously in real-time. Pluck the screen to play pizzicato. FingerFiddle responds accurately to your movements and lets you play with the full palette of violin expression, just like with a real instrument.
FingerFiddle is a musical instrument that you can bring with you everywhere to play, practice, have fun and perform with others. It includes a full collection of fine-tuned instruments from the violin family (violin, viola, cello and double bass). The basic version comes with a cello, and other instruments are available to try and purchase. Wherever you are, at any time, pick one of the instruments and play music for real with FingerFiddle.
Who is it for?
Anyone interested in music playing can find something in FingerFiddle:
– For the beginner, FingerFiddle is an affordable way to experience and enjoy fiddle playing, alone or in group. Play, practice to improve your playing, try different instruments and maybe, eventually, buy a real instrument…
– For advanced players, FingerFiddle is a new instrument to discover and have fun with. Use it in your musical productions and live performances, when jamming with others, or just to sketch ideas.
– In all cases, FingerFiddle is a musical instrument that is always right at your fingertips, whenever you feel the need to play music.
– Natural mapping between movement and sound: your finger is the bow !
– Outstanding sound rendering for a realistic output
– Pitch is controlled with a fingerboard on the screen to allow fiddle-specific playing techniques (vibrato, glissando, chords)
– The fingerboard is customizable: set its width and the space between notes for a comfortable playing
– A specific area is dedicated to pizzicato playing
– Inter-App Audio / Audiobus support (generator)
– Very low memory requirement: no samples library is used
– Inter App Audio and Audiobus support
– The basic version includes the Cello from the Classic Collection. Other instruments are available as In App purchases (Violin, Viola, Double Bass, normal or with mutes)
Find more details here – http://www.fingerfiddleapp.com/
Eera is a monophonic synth, designed for everyday in-studio and on-the-stage situations, when you need space effects, rich and deep basses and unusual or classical leads.
Thanks to X/Y control at the heart and the X/Y bindings, people compare expressiveness of Eera with singing.
While it has modulations for each of the key parameters, it’s simple to use. In fact, for getting different timbre characteristics there is only one slider! Which in turn possible thanks to the unusual parabolic oscillator with width modulation.
And you can be sure that Eera does not prevent you to get your own, your personal sounds.
Eera was created with professional production in mind. The synth has the high quality tube amplifier on the out and supports sample rate up to 96 kHz.
– no need for external MIDI controllers – Eera is an expressive instrument out of the box;
– unusual parabolic oscillator with width modulation;
– vintage reverb;
– tube-saturated amplifier (with overdrive possibility);
– state-variable filter;
– LFO modulations as well as parameters dependence on keyboard’s X/Y;
– sample rate up to 96 kHz;
– factory presets designed for your inspiration;
– Audiobus and Inter-App Audio ready.
Eera is equally good for a wide range of musical genres: from techno, IDM and house to rock, classical, microtonal and experimental music.
Dedicated monophonic synth bass synthesizer featuring the NEW iOS AudioUnit Version 3 plugin architecture.
– 21 VA Wavetable Waveforms with PWM
– 4 Oscillators
– AMP with 4 Modulators
– Circuit Modeled Filter Section with Velocity
– LFO with Aftertouch
BASSalicious is a dedicated monophonic synth bass plugin with a single focus on sound. All of the synthesis and filters are custom tweaked with our own personality and our urban ear. When we first set out to produce BASSalicious, it came from a need we had. All of our plugins come from a musical need first. We noticed that there were a ton of synth bass libraries out there that focused solely on dubstep and wobble bass sounds, but not that much out there for the urban community and that pure synth bass classic sound. Sure there are the sample based ones, but you run into problems with samples when trying to produce a realistic glide effect that is so essential to urban synth bass music. The other thing we were dissatisfied with were the oscillators themselves. You see, in order to reduce aliasing, most wavetable synths reduce the bandwidth and filter out frequencies so it doesn’t alias. The problem with this is that you filter out the good stuff along with it. We figured out a unique compromise, where we can give you the full band of the wavetable, while at the same time reducing aliasing. Our method is very unorthodox, but it works, because the technology will always take a back seat to the sound, and not the other way around: “If it sounds good, then it is good.”
Furthermore, we used an analog modeled filter that was approximated using real circuit designs. The complete topology was modeled with all of the aspects of the electronic components involved, and then converted over to source code. The result is a very organic sounding synth bass plugin, which has no hint of that cold digital wavetable sound. This is what we mean when we say it has an “organic sound.” This is what you hear in urban music. Each key piece has it’s own sound, color, and character to it. It’s not trying to be something else. It’s it’s own individual and we achieved this with BASSalicious. Remember the first time you heard Neo-Soul Keys® and your ears were suddenly opened to the sound you always wished you had, but could never achieve.
The first oscillator is free. You will have access to all of the synth functions. After you purchase, you will get access to the other 3 oscillators as well as the 63 high quality custom synth bass presets.
SoundFont Pro is now available for iPhone. With all the functionality and features of the iPad version, SoundFont Pro for iPhone brings you even greater mobility in a compact form. With a slide-in and slide-out keyboard, the screen real estate is used in an optimal fashion to give you the greatest flexibility.
Make high quality music on the road with your favourite soundfonts. SoundFont Pro is the next generation soundfont player with a host of features that make your existing soundfonts sound like you have never heard them before. Record your music as well as vocals and share them from anywhere you are. You can overdub repeatedly in a non-destructive manner and build your composition over time.
SoundFont Pro is equally suitable for studio use as well as for live gigs.
SoundFont Pro is multi-timbral, multi-layered, and multi-zonal. This means that you can take an ordinary MIDI keyboard and assign key-ranges on the keyboard to different presets from different soundfonts and play the resulting arrangement much as you would play an arranger keyboard! Or set up different zones and assign input MIDI channels to receive MIDI from an external controller or from another MIDI app to specific zones.
The app comes with a selection of soundfonts. In addition to these, you can add user soundfonts from thousands of freely available soundfonts on the web as well.
• A 4-mode frequency filter including Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass and Band Reject Filters
• Reverb Filter
• Delay Filter
• Volume Envelope
• Voice Recording with filtering
• Import Audio from your iPad library and overdub with your own music and vocals
• Live Effects with the Modulation Grid. The effects include Pitch Shifter, Bit Crusher, Phasor, Flanger, Tremolo, Stereo Chorus, and Auto Pan.
• Freely modulate while playing/recording to get some amazing sounds and effects.
• All the Live Effects are available while you are recording your voice as well!
• Inter-App Audio Compatible
• Audiobus compatible
• AudioCopy2 compatible
• Fully MIDI compatible
The Moog Model 15 App is the first Moog modular synthesizer and synthesis educational tool created exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Each facet of the Moog Model 15 modular synthesizer has been meticulously recreated in this application to ensure the power and transcendent sound quality of each module remains intact. The character, harmonic complexity and mystique of the Moog Model 15’s modules, from the legendary Moog 921–series oscillators and 904A Low Pass Filter, to the coveted 907 Fixed Filter Bank have been painstakingly preserved.
In order to develop the most immersive and expressive modular interface possible, the Model 15 App has been designed utilizing Apple’s new Metal advanced graphics engine. This ensures that all zooming, panning and modular patching throughout the application feels completely natural, something that would have been impossible otherwise.
The Model 15 App features both monophonic and 4-voice polyphonic operation is easily commanded via 4 seamlessly integrated controllers. Simple swipes and taps provide instant access to a traditional Moog keyboard, 1150 ribbon controller, 8-step sequencing arpeggiator and the award-winning Animoog keyboard with 22 built-in scales and polyphonic modulation capabilities.
Also included are extended features which expand the capabilities of the app beyond the traditional offerings of the hardware Moog Model 15. These include total MIDI integration, assignment for external control, use as a MIDI controller, dedicated Audio Bridge and MIDI Bridge modules, looping recorder module with overdubbing, a master ping-pong delay module and a new extension cabinet that includes additional amplifiers and voltage-controlled reversible attenuators that can be used for effects like ring-modulation.
Because the Model 15 App utilizes Apple’s Metal technology, only 64-bit devices are supported. Compatible devices include iPhone 5s or newer, iPod touch 6 or newer, iPad Air or newer, and the iPad Pro.
The Model 15 App requires iOS version 9.3 or later to work.
• Ships with over 160 unique presets
• Recreates the sound of a hardware Moog Model 15 modular synthesizer
• Easily share presets and recordings with anyone
• Tutorial patches to assist all experience levels
• Intuitive patching and cable coloring
• Support for landscape and portrait modes
• Voltage-controlled stereo ping-pong delay
• Expressive sequencing arpeggiator
• Moog 1150 Ribbon controller
• Real-time looping recorder with overdub and immediate sharing
• Up to two controllers on-screen (iPad only)
• Optional left-handed UI operation
• 3D Touch and Apple Pencil integration for after pressure
• Note-per-channel MIDI controllers
• Ableton Link
• Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• MIDI Bridge and Audio Bridge
• 7 and 14-Bit MIDI
• MIDI Program Change
• Bluetooth LE MIDI controllers
• Typing keyboards for shortcuts and musical typing
• AudioCopy, AudioPaste and AudioShare
Chronium is a sequencer/synthesizer app for creating, recording, and sharing complex melodies simply by a few finger touches.
The main user interface consists of a fingerboard and a control bar. Touch the fingerboard to start, stop, or modify a voice. The horizontal axis of the fingerboard corresponds to different frequencies, similar to a guitar fingerboard. The vertical axis corresponds to different sounds and rhythm patterns which you can configure. When a voice is playing, the corresponding rhythm pattern is shown as a loop around the touch position, along with the red play cursor. On 3D Touch devices (for example iPhone 6S), the pressure applied to the fingerboard affects the sound by changing filter parameters or modulation depths. On other devices, the same parameters are controlled by an estimate of the surface touched by your finger.
The rhythm patterns are produced by thresholding a weighted sum of binary signals. The weights and thresholds can be set using sliders in the pattern editing interface. 7 basic binary signals are available with periodicities ranging from whole notes to sixty-fourth notes. 5 thresholds are used to determine the timing of the notes, the octave, and whether the notes should be accented or not. The weights and thresholds can be set for 3 different locations along the vertical axis of the fingerboard. Patterns in intermediate locations are obtained by interpolating the weights and thresholds.
Up to 7 different sounds can be placed on the fingerboard and sounds in intermediate locations are obtained by morphing between the two nearest sounds. For this app, an advanced virtual analog sound synthesis engine was developed to enable morphing between classic analog and FM synth sounds.
On devices with an A7 processor or higher (iPhone 5S or higher, iPad Air or higher, iPod Touch 6th Gen or higher), you can record what you are playing as a video and share it on social media, via email, or to the device’s camera roll.
For more info and videos – https://www.facebook.com/ChroniumApp
Sonic Synth is very capable FM Synthesizer app with 3 oscillators. Every oscillator is independent and can generate 4 wave forms. The app works with 44100 Hz sample rate so the sound quality is great.
The touch keyboard is very responsive and dynamic – feels like a real instrument. Keys are big enough.
The last wave form is our secret algorithm for string sound also generated by the oscillators.
Variety of sounds can be created and even changed real time while you are playing using the setting of the 3 oscillators of the synthesizer.
Sonic Synth main features: - 3 oscillators - 4 wave form types for every oscillator - volume, modulation, tone and detune for every oscillator - envelope filters (attack sustain release) - multitouch - fast and usable piano keyboard
You can now use your phone or tablet as a recording instrument.