Pads is basically a wavetable synthesizer with a noise/grain generator and a high cut filter. With a carefully developed ”wobbler” that detunes the waveforms and makes small inconsistencies to several internal parameters and a nice sounding chorus, this synthesizer is able to create some really interesting and non-statical pad sounds.
• AUv3, works with AUv3 compatible hosts like GarageBand, Cubasis, Auria, AUM etc.
• 30 handcrafted presets created by professional musicians
• Filter, Attack and volume can be modulated by velocity
• Controllable grit/grain level, sampled from a real hammond organ with a broken tone wheel
• Controllable wobble factor that adds analogue unpredictability
Important: Pads in stand-alone mode does not support IAA, Audiobus or MIDI. You can try it out using the keyboard at the bottom, but that’s it. We recommend using Pads with AUv3 compatible hosts.
For further details – https://klevgrand.se/products/pads/
Here’s another likely to highly addictive synth from the team at IceGear
Redshrike Synthesizer – Polyphonic Subtractive Synthesizer
– Waveform Morphing: Saw – Triangle – Pulse
– Frequency Modulation: Type, Frequency, Depth
– Detune (3xOSC)
– Sub Oscillator
– Type: White, Pink, Blue, Pitched, Digital, Glitch
– Type: 24dB/Oct, 12dB/Oct
– Cutoff Frequency
* Effects : Chorus, Delay, Reverb
* Programmable Arpeggiator
You can easily create your own pattern.
* Inter-App Audio
You can stream live audio directly to other Inter-App Audio host applications.
You can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps. See http://audiob.us for more information.
* Ableton Link
Ableton Link is a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network.
* CoreMIDI / Virtual MIDI Input
* MIDI Controller Mapping with MIDI Learn
* External MIDI sync
* Resizable Keyboard
You can change which octaves are shown by dragging on bottom of keyboard.
For more details – http://www.icegear.net/redshrike/
This app is capable and complex FM synthesiser that can create rich and very strange sounds combining up to 10 sound generators. Every generator can be adjusted up or down from the main frequency almost without restrictions in range. There are 4 possible wave forms for the generator output and you can tweet the volume, modulation and add some tremolo effect. You can listen to the result sound while you are adjusting the new generator and just add it to the result when it sounds good.
With the Sound Maker Synth you can also add reverb and then play it as a one voice synth using the one octave keyboard at the top. The app is very capable to create some strange and alien like pad sounds as some dubstep bass.
KORG iWAVESTATION – A wave sequence synthesizer for iOS.
The WAVESTATION synthesizer went on sale in 1990. This instrument featured an advanced vector synthesis system which created new sounds by combining and connecting multiple waveforms; it provided a mix/morphing function that let you use a joystick to change the balance of four oscillators, and a distinctive wave sequence function that allowed you to place waveforms in a desired sequence to create sequence patterns. To this day, it continues to be considered a legendary and still-unique instrument.
Now in 2016, the WAVESTATION has been reborn as “KORG iWAVESTATION,” an app for iPad/iPhone. In addition to completely reproducing the programs, it also features a renewed design that lets everyone experience the stupendous sound-shaping potential of the WAVESTATION. It features touch-based operation that’s distinctive of iOS, in conjunction with a new graphic interface that allows you to visualize and edit the time-varying timbral changes that are distinctive of the WAVESTATION.
[ Features ]
– A faithful reproduction of the original WAVESTATION sound: In addition to providing the sounds from all PCM memories of the WAVESTATION, the new iWAVESTATION also reproduces in software every detail of the parameters, based on an analysis of the original hardware circuit diagram.
– A new wave sequence view that can be graphically controlled: The iWAVESTATION, we advance another step with a graphical user interface that takes advantage of the touch operations that are a characteristic of iOS. Even more than ever, we’ve updated the screen design with an emphasis on creating sequences.
– 1,500 sounds, more than 700 waveforms, 55 effects, and a powerful random sequence engine: This new instrument includes a stupendous number of presets and waveforms, covering all models of the series. iWAVESTATION also provides a new random sequence function which will give you different perspectives to inspire new sounds.
– Produce music together with KORG Gadget integration: iWAVESTATION can be used in conjunction with the “KORG Gadget” music production DAW app that has won numerous awards around the world. If both apps are installed, it can be used as the “Milpitas” gadget inside the KORG Gadget app.
More info at http://www.korg.com
Synth Automata is an app designed for making Generative music.
Synth Automata achieves Algorithmic composition via the uses of an interactive Cellular Automata (Conway’s Game of Life) as a tigger for notes. The user can select what scale the Automata maps to, The generated notes are then passed on to the synthesizer and onboard effects.
It was inspired my a talk given by Brian Eno and Will Wright
– 8×8 Cellular Automata
– 64 oscillators
– Ladder style resonant low-pass filter
– Onboard effects; reverb, delay
– Tempo control
– Programable scale
– AHD amp envelope
– 3 waveforms
– High-pass filter
– Made in Cornwall, UK
A full-blown 6-Operator FM Synth on iOS, building on the legacy of the classic synthesizers that defined the digital era of the 1980s.
It also happens to be the first FM Audio Unit instrument (AUv3), offering tight integration in many leading mobile DAWs, such as Auria, Garageband, Cubasis, Modstep and AUM.
(Note: due to a known bug in GarageBand there may be issues when loading AUs. Apple have promised a fix soon).
Frequency Modulation brings rich timbres and dynamic evolving sounds full of personality which are impossible to create with analog modelling. The 6-Operator architecture allows for lively multi-layered sounds with lots of expression and playability.
Phasemaker’s characteristic FM sound will add classic digital character to your mobile sonic arsenal which no other analog synth can bring.
System requirements: iPad 4+, iPad Mini 2+, iPhone 5S+, iOS 9 or higher
– Universal: runs on iPad (Air recommended), iPhone and iPod Touch
– Audio Unit v3 compatible
– Audiobus 2.3 compatible
– CoreMidi compatible standalone mode (with background audio)
– Bluetooth MIDI compatible
– Custom preset management; user presets available across AU hosts
– Dozens of factory presets
– 42 FM Algorithms (including all 32 DX7 layouts)
– 12 Oscillators, including the 8 original TX81z waveforms
– All 106 parameters can be automated using MIDI CC and AU Parameters
– Vintage sounding chorus and reverb effects for classic ambiance
– User manual available on www.ruismaker.com
Unlocking new potentials of FM synthesis.
Frum is a radically new FM Drum Synthesizer, incubated after many years of research and development into FM synthesis. You may imagine FM sounds to be clear and harmonic, but those are just the start of the possibilities FM has to offer. More potential is unleashed by harnessing the unlimited, free power of complex sound waves.
Close sound encounters of the third kind.
Traditionally, FM synths are overwhelming, with too many parameters to control the sound texture. Frum bundles many of these parameters together in the BUG button, offering entirely new textures each time the button is pressed. It’s easy to find and tweak these sounds to make drums, other percussion, fat bass, organic noises such as insect songs, environmental sounds, human screams, as well as all sorts of intriguing melodies.
• The sounds are at your fingertips.
With Frum, we had to rethink the existing UI design for hardware and software synthesizers, bringing the power of FM to the iOS touch screen. The vertically scrolling sequencer allows you to enjoy single-handed, stress-free control of the UI.
• Rearrange blocks to compose music.
Entire songs can be composed by rearranging pattern blocks with your fingers. Complex arrangements and organisation is possible with the user having control over song name, pattern block colors, loop counts and durations.
• Share your song on the timeline.
From incorporates SNS technology, allowing you to listen to hot new tracks from around the world, as soon as somebody shares them. Let people know what you think, and get feedback on your own tracks, via the like button, and comments section.
• Sound engine
Oscillators : FM/PM synth with 4 operators（ sine, square, triangle )
Tracks : 4 ( can extend to 4×4 pads using the ‘Pad division’ function )
Filter : High, Band and Low pass filter
Effectors : Overdrive, Auto Pan
Generating BUG, Pad division, UNDO, REDO, Live edit, Save and load presets (factory/private)
• Pattern Sequencer
Step resolution : 1/16
Maximum step: 64 (4 bars)
Gate input, Keyboard input, parameter input in Motion edit mode, Copy and paste, Step shift
• Song (Pattern Block)
Maximium patterns : 150
Pattern Block Properties : Name, Color, Loop count, Mute
Drag & drop, Duplicate, Delete, Delete All
Mixer : 4 track volume faders + 1 master volume fader with a limiter
Other Features :
Shuffle, Mute, Pad Division, Pad sound switch, and so on
• Other functions
SNS (Timeline, Popular, Recommended, Demo)
Account management, Account synchronization, Create account
For more details – http://frum.jp/
One of the most fully fledged music workstations for the iPad comes from Steinberg in the shape of Cubasis, and just recently version 2.0 arrived with a host of new features and improvements…
What’s New in Version 2.0
• A Refreshed User Interface – Enjoy profound usability by straightforward workflows
• Real-time Time-Stretch – Tempo match audio loops to your song’s tempo in a snap
• Pitch shift with formant correction – Easily change keys of any tracks and tune them to perfection
• A studio-grade channel strip – Reach true sound perfection for all channels
• Spin FX – Tweak and mash-up your tracks with DJ-like breaks, stops and stutters
• MicroSonic TAPE instruments – Perfectly recreate trademark sounds from the ’60s era
• 76 new Micrologue presets – Lay down your tracks with cutting-edge modern synth sounds
• Factory loops tempo match – Enjoy the freedom to use included audio loops at any tempo
• MIDI Auto Quantize – Sync MIDI tracks with the beat while recording
• Ready for iOS 10 – Cubasis 2.0 is fully tested and proven iOS 10 compatible
For a full rundown on the app’s features, head to the official website – http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/mobile_apps/cubasis/start.html
Don’t forget, there’s an LE version you can try out to see if it suits your needs
New features – highlights
Poison-202 is a professional Vintage Midi Synthesizer. Made by musicians for musicians, it is inspired by famous classic hardware synthesizers of 80’s and 90’s and has all the main sound creation blocks you can imagine: oscillators, cutoff Filters, ADSR-envelopes, ring, cross modulation, LFOs, sync, super-saw oscillator and more! Unlike many other software synthesizers at the market, which can reproduce only limited family of sounds, Poison-202 is designed to be able to reproduce almost any classic synthesizer timbre! Check out the Presets
The library of 150 built-in factory presets includes famous patches that can be heard in the compositions of such electronic and rave scene music performers as The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Azzido Da Bass, Darude, Kraftwerk, Daft Punk and many others!
You can play it with your fingers on iPhone / iPad, or you can plug-in your favorite USB MIDI keyboard into your device using Apple’s Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and turn Poison-202 into a real synthesizer module!
• 2 oscillators with selectable wave form and pitch
• 5 oscillator waveforms: Saw, Pulse (with adjustable Pulse Width), Sine, Triangle and Super-Saw
• one Super Saw oscillator generates 7 individual saw oscillators at the same time, with adjustable Mix and Detune parameters, reproducing famous classic analog strings and hoover sounds
• additional (third) sinusoid sub oscillator + noise generator
• 2x-oversampled internal sound mixing frequency (96,000 Hz on iPhone 6s)
• 2 TVF (time variant filter) modules with Cutoff, Resonance, Keyboard tracking and ADSR envelope, 12 dB/octave
• 2 TVA (time variant amplifier) modules with ADSR envelope
• It is possible to pair two 12 dB TVF to get one 24 dB filter
• Pitch envelope (Attack/Decay) for each oscillator
• Ring modulation
• Sync modulation
• Pulse width modulation (PWM)
• Cross frequency modulation
• 2 LFO modulation sources with Frequency and Fade-In parameters
• LFO cross-modulation
• 6 waveforms of LFO: Triangle, Sine, Saw, Square, Trapezoid and Random (Sample & Hold)
• 4 LFO modulation destinations: Pitch, Filter, Amplifier and PWM
• Note Portamento
• 3-band EQ for each patch
• Digital realtime effects: Distortion, Bit-Crusher, Chorus, Flanger, Delay, Panning Delay and Reverb with adjustable parameters
• Master brickwall type limiter (can be switched on/off)
• Two signal flow connection structures: Parallel and Serial
• Solo playing mode with Legato switch
• Pitch Wheel with adjustable pitch bend range (2 – 24 semitones)
• Modulation Wheel with assignable controls
• Receive MIDI events: Note On, Note Off, Note Velocity, Control Change (Modulation Wheel), Pitch Bend Change, Program Change, Bank Select LSB/MSB
• Arpeggiator with 6 selectable modes and 12 rhythm patterns with tempo and swing feel control
• Scale play mode when playing onscreen keyboard with over 40 different scales to select from
• Voice polyphony up to 24
• Up to 100 user presets to store
• Scalable and movable onscreen keyboard with key velocity control
• CPU usage indicator
• Volume meter
• Show Oscillogram feature (can be switched on from Settings Page)
• Inter-App Audio supported (MIDI-Instrument mode) to use Poison-202 together with other musical apps and sequencers on your iPhone/iPad, such as Garage Band and others!
The Aphera Music app is a powerful suite of instruments. Play instruments alone or sync with your friends to play together! Expressive and intuitive, these instruments are for amateurs and professionals alike.
These instruments do not attempt to emulate existing instruments but instead create a unique and intuitive interface for the parameters of music, like rhythm, pitch, and timbre. No musical training is required, just a love of music and a desire to play! This app brings electronic music out of the studio and into your hands. Play anywhere and at any time!
Enjoy making music!
There are two instruments included in this first release: a drum machine and a slider synth. The drum machine may be more familiar whereas the slider synth provides an entirely unique way of generating melodies. Look out for additional instruments soon to be released!
The app includes a mixer and it allows control of tempo. Stack up several drum machines and synths to produce complex rhythms and harmonies!
Syncing is a breeze! With this app you can play in time with other musicians using the Aphera Music app or other apps and devices that have Ableton Link integration. Ableton Link is a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network.
The Aphera Music app can even output sound through another device running the app. Enable wifi or bluetooth and instantly connect to other musicians using the Aphera Music app. This is useful when you and your friends are jamming and there is only one cable connected to the stereo.