This is one of the coolest controllers I’ve seen for awhile. Although the app is free, it’s the physical controller that you’re gonna want to get your hands on, literally!
The AUUG Motion Synth transforms your iPhone or iPod touch into a new kind of musical instrument.
Your iPhone or iPod touch becomes an expressive controller that lets you play notes via touch and shape their sound through motion.
Select “Settings” > “Help / Upgrade” > “Quick Start Guide” in the Motion Synth App for instructions on how to get set-up to make sound.
Play any sound:
The AUUG Motion Synth tracks your movements and screen touches to ‘play’ other iOS sound apps, giving you access to a vast array of sounds and effects.
You can also play external devices like hardware synths or vocal harmonizers as well as control audio or visual software on a laptop (via wifi or cabled connections).
Use the Motion Synth App by itself or with a Motion Synth Grip:
The Motion Synth App has two modes:
1) Single-key mode: This Motion Synth App mode allows you to quickly engage with motion-based music control, and includes setup instructions for motion-controlling GarageBand (while GarageBand runs in ‘background mode’ on your iPhone/iPod touch). Note: Garageband is now free for most iOS users.
Select “Settings” > “Help / Upgrade” > “Quick Start Guide” in the Motion Synth App to get started using the Motion Synth with Garageband.
2) Multi-key mode: This Motion Synth App mode is designed to work with the AUUG Motion Synth Grip: a physical holder that securely attaches your iPhone or iPod touch to your hand, thereby improving the dexterity and accuracy with which you can trigger notes via the touch screen.
For the latest, check the official site – http://www.auug.com
CZ Touch is a patch editor for the Casio CZ series of synthesizers. If you have a CZ-101, CZ-1000, or CZ-5000 then this is the editor for you! CZ Touch gives you touch-based control over all of the voice parameters on your CZ synthesizer. Just make a change on the screen, and the change is instantly sent to your synthesizer.
CZ Touch especially shines in giving you direct, easy control over the 8-stage envelopes on your synth. No more menu diving to create a complex envelope.
Here are some more features:
* Save patches to your iOS device, with names
* Share/export your patches via email: patches are saved as sysex files that can be transmitted to your synthesizer by a sysex program.
* Copy/Paste envelopes between DCO, DCW, and DCA
* Create random patches
* Copy the current patch from your synth to your iOS device, for further editing
Use this app either with a MIDI adapter for your iOS device, or via a wireless MIDI connection to your Mac or PC, with your CZ synthesizer connected to your Mac or PC via MIDI.
* A Casio CZ synthesizer (CZ-101, CZ-1000, or CZ-5000)
* A MIDI adapter for your iOS device, OR a Mac or PC connected to your CZ via MIDI and a wi-fi connection between your Mac or PC and your iOS device.
NOTE: This app does NOT make any sound! It’s just an editor for your Casio CZ synthesizer. If you don’t have a Casio CZ synthesizer, this app won’t do anything useful for you.
This app is not affiliated or endorsed by Casio. It’s just an app I made to fill a need!
Synth-Q has been designed from the ground up with the touchscreen interface in mind. Synth-Q is a subtractive synthesizer with a customizable interface. A unique module queuing system, resizable multi-octave keyboard, and intuitive cable-based modulation controls offer a truly dynamic music-making experience for iOS.
Each part of the synth is separated into units called modules. Each module snaps into place along a scrollable surface above the keyboard.
Control the number of modules shown on the screen at any time. Control which modules appear for each sound.
Tap a button on the module menu to launch a module and add it to the queue.
Drag a module up and release to remove it from the queue.
Drag a module down to move it within the queue.
Add variability to your sound by connecting different modules using virtual cables.
Alter the sound with synth-Q’s movable keys.
Synth-Q provides an intuitive and engaging way to get started creating your own sounds, and is ideal for production, performance and music education environments.
Full feature list:
—three oscillators — sine, triangle, saw, square, pulse and resonant noise waves
—three adsrs — amp, filter and modulation envelopes
—filter with lowpass, hipass, bandpass, band-reject and peak filter modes
—frequency modulation oscillator
—ring modulation oscillator
—eight modulation bays with virtual cables enable interactions between modules
—three tempo-syncable LFOs with sine, triangle, saw, reverse saw, square, random curve and random step waves
—two XY matrix pads
—XY keys module turns the keyboard’s movable keys into modulation sources
—two FX slots with chorus, flanger, phaser, reverb, tremolo, distortion, delay and bitcrush
—analog simulation with soft clipping and random pitch wavering
—midi module with pitch bender, modwheel and velocity
—master volume control
—multi-octave resizable keyboard with 4-voice polyphonic, monophonic and legato modes
—optional “sticky keys” mode locks each key to your finger after being pressed
—when used as a modulation source, sound can be altered by moving the keys in different directions
—unique rearrangeable module queueing area defines which controls are present per preset
—fully featured preset menu system with options to share and import via e-mail or iTunes File Sharing
—import presets directly from iOS mail by tapping and holding the attachment and pressing “Open in synth-Q”
—functional graphic design and layout eliminates screen switching by keeping the control modules and keyboard in constant view
—Audiobus support with Inter-App Audio
—A=432Hz, A=440Hz and A=444Hz tuning modes
—44100k Hz, 32000 Hz and 22050 Hz sampling rate modes
—MIDI input and output per channel
—basic recording feature to save, play, loop, and share recordings
—import .WAV files from iTunes File Sharing for playback
—parallax motion effects
Play with the sound of a full cathedral organ, created by sound designer Kurt Ader! This app is designed as professional sound module for your iPad by connecting external MIDI keyboard(s), using the Apple USB camera adapter or another adapter supported by Apple.¹
Watch and listen to the demo video on our product website!
This app supports Apple’s “Inter-App Audio” System (requires iOS 7 or higher) and the “JACK Audio Connection Kit” (up to iOS 6.1.3) for audio & MIDI connections from/to other audio apps!
iCathedral Organ generates the sound of a lovely and color rich pipe organ of a real cathedral. All individual registers of such a pipe organ were recorded to resemble this sound as realistic as possible. You can fully adjust all individual organ registers to create your own sounds and save them as your personal sound presets. Or simply select one of the factory presets to play impressive organ sounds right fromt the start.
– 28 individual organ registers, each one controllable simultaniously in real-time.
– Polyphony up to 140 stereo voices.²
– Configurable audio latency down to 5 ms.
– Low latency disk streaming.
– Integrated cathedral reverb effect.
– App can keep running in the background, so you can play on your keyboard while e.g. using Safari or another app to display scores or surfing the Internet.
– Hermode Tuning: Makes the sound more brilliant by controlling the pitch of the notes in multivoiced music to better frequency ratios than with fixed tuning. This dynamic tuning imitates the tuning behavior of well educated musicians of i.e. orchestras and choirs.
– Supports Apple’s “IAA” system for audio & MIDI streaming between other apps (iOS 7 or higher).
– Supports “JACK Audio Connection Kit” for audio & MIDI streaming between other apps (up to iOS 6.1.3).
– Virtual on-screen piano keyboard, scalable & scrollable.
MIDI Player / Recorder:
– Record, save and load your songs in standard MIDI file format.
– Unlimited amount of tracks.
– Unlimited recording and playback length.
– Open MIDI (.mid) files directly from other apps (i.e. from Safari, Mail).
– Download or upload MIDI files with iTunes.
– Load your favorite songs as MIDI files from the Internet, and watch at the virtual keyboard how to play it.
– Use the “Tempo Zoom” dial knob to i.e. slow down playback at any time and learn your favorite songs more easily.
There is no in-app purchase in this app. So all sounds and all app features are immediately available to you as one buy.
For more details – http://crudebyte.com/icathedral-organ/
New concept of electric music instrument/sequencer.
A tube synth consists of several key wave forms which are smoothly connected.
Its shape is formed by key waves which are converted in polar-coordinates.
– adjustable Interval duration of each key wave.
– adjustable pitch and amplitude at each key wave.
– Variety of interpolation methods to form waves.
– Adding harmonics and subharmonics with weight.
– Adding reverb.
– Audio bus or Inter-App Audio is NOT implemented yet (under construction)
– No midi input or output.
Some waveform with rapid changes in sound pressure could be damaging to your ears at high amplitudes or for long periods. Please avoid using earphones or headphones when editing waveforms.
Phase84 is an extremely capable synthesizer and features over 110 presets, containing all sorts of basses, leads, pads, bell tones, sweeps, atmospheric sounds, pseudo-realistic tones, and more. While you don’t need to know much about synthesizers to get a lot out of Phase84, experienced synth tweakers will be thrilled at the sheer variety of unique sounds that can be produced with this incredibly versatile synth.
So What’s Phase84 All About?
Phase84 is what’s known as a Phase Distortion synthesizer. This form of waveshaping synthesis has its roots in Casio’s brilliant CZ line of digital synthesizers from the 80s. It is designed to have the warmth of a subtractive (analog) synthesizer, yet be capable of the squelchy tones and sharp attacks of an FM synth. Phase84 in particular can create warm pads, glitchy sounds, dirty basses, filthy sweeps, screaming leads, and anything in-between.
For those familiar with the typical Moog-like (or iMini-like!) synthesis, think of the “shaper” as being synonymous with “brightness” or “filter cutoff”.
More than 100 presets.
inter-App Audio support.
Advanced Keyboard section.
Expressive Perform Mode with Groove Gate.
Tabletop Ready App.
Precision Knob mode.
Phat, naturalistic unison feature for super thick pads and sweeps.
Oscillator Section: 9 Params, 2 General-Purpose Oscillators, 1 Formant Oscillator.
Mix Section: 8 Params including Delay Amount and Pulse Width.
Envelope Section: Amplitude and Shaper Envelopes. Fully visualized and interactive ADSR plus special Fade Param.
Delay/Filter Section: Stereo delay with loss modeling and a punchy overdriven analog-style filter.
3 LFOs: More flexible than your average LFO, this has 4 waveforms, optional delay and repeat count, and can go into the audible frequency range.
Make a song with a tap, choose your style and export it to iTunes. All license and royalty free ! Song Maker is the best tool for everyone who needs background music and backing tracks for practice.
We added a scale trainer, virtual guitar and a media player for iPhone 5, 6, and 6 Plus.
This is the full version with no ads, all styles (country, blues, jazz, pop, rock, hard rock, reggae, techno) and all features like export to iTunes funktion, guitar scales, key detector and the song wizard!
With Song Maker you can easy write down your chords and let them play by musicians. If you got no idea for a song or chords to play then just press the song wizard and Song Maker creates a whole song for you. You can create yourself or let Song Maker generate the different parts of a song like intro, vers, chorus, bridge and outro. Define a song structure or let Song Maker do it for you on a a tap and your song is ready to play.
By playing or saving your song it is exported to iTunes. You can play your song in different styles and even transpose and slow down it, without loosing the excellent sound quality, what is a nice feature for singers and musicians.
The built in song wizard is great for developers. Just tap the song wizard, save your song and you have *.m4a – file to work with in garage band, logic and other DAW´s. Perhaps you want it to use with iMovie, FinalCut etc. for your Audio – Track.
An expert system, that is based on proven information of artists creates popular chord progressions on a touch. We even developed a whole new sound engine, to let Song Maker sound like a live playing band. You just need to play around with chords, styles and structures – if you like.
If you need someone to play your chords or chords from a song, than you need Song Maker. If you want to play around with your song ideas, than it is a “must have”.
Song Maker sounds fantastic und makes lot of fun, even if you just want to hear to music. Just press the – Song wizard – button and Song Maker creates songs. You don´t need to buy ambient sounds, just do it yourself with a tap!
what´s more on iPhone 5, 6, 6 Plus:
We added a media player to load songs of your iTunes library and slow parts of them down for practicing.
We added a virtual guitar for practicing, if you got no real.
We added a scale trainer to raise your guitar skills.
Song Maker is perfect for:
– make a whole song with a tap and Export it to iTunes
– play along by using the virtual guitar
– learn guitar scales
– transpose and play given chords and let them play by a band in different styles
– try out different structures
– give you some popular chord – progressions
– try out your chord progressions in different styles
– the creation of backing tracks for musicians
– to playing chords of songbooks by a whole band (just type them in an choose a style)
– to play ambient music
– doing excises with songs of your iTunes library
– to improve you guitar skills
– to learn improvisation and get better skills
Some special features are:
– edit every single song part and let Song Maker build the song
– try out different structures and keys
– transposition on a touch with out loosing quality
– let Song Maker create popular chord progression
– save and load song and song parts
– let Song Maker play your ambient music
Developer: Ingo Wandschneider
Photophore is a unique instrument that uses flocks of up to 100 sound generators to create rich, organic synthesizer sounds. By controlling the behavior of the flocks you can make Photophore sound like a choir of synthesizers or, at more extreme settings, a swarm of angry insects.
Unlike other digital synthesizers, Photophore creates warmth and character in a completely new way. Instead of modeling analog circuits, it models animal behavior. Photophore’s sound engine is made up of flocks of oscillators that move through a virtual three-dimensional environment. Their motion is controlled by a special behavioral algorithm and physics simulation that keeps the oscillators in tune with each other, but allows for a certain amount of natural drifting and detuning. This creates rich timbres that are perfect for crafting massive bass sounds, complex pads and searing leads.
You can interact with the oscillator flocks by controlling their behavior – how much they try to flock together, how much they avoid each other, their speed, and how much turbulence is in their environment. Oscillators will flee from your touch, so you can create extreme pitch modulation and more chaotic effects by simply swiping across the screen.
• Unique flock synthesis engine
• Up to 100 oscillators per patch
• Monophonic or polyphonic operation (up to 6 voices)
• 6 oscillator waveforms (saw, square, pulse and more)
• Low pass/High pass filter with resonance
• Dedicated amplitude and filter envelopes
• Stereo echo effect
• Use any iPad-compatible MIDI keyboard to play notes and perform pitch bends
• AudioBus and Inter-App Audio support for streaming audio to other apps
• Control Photophore from other apps via CoreMIDI
• iOS7 or later required
• iPad 2 or later required, iPad 4 or later recommended*
FM4 is a four operator FM synthesizer for iPad. Modelled on the popular DX series from the 1980s FM4 provides the same gritty sound, with a modern interface, and without being bound by the limitations of the original units.
Every aspect of the hardware — from envelope curves to sine-table sizes and quantisation errors to digital-to-analogue converters — has been meticulously analysed, in order to recreate the raw and dirty sound of the original units.
The interface of FM4 has been carefully thought-out and is simple and intuitive, yet powerful — with every parameter being available on a single page. No menus, tabs, or jumping from page to page.
FM4 is capable of producing a multitude of sounds, ranging from punchy basses, crystal-clear bells, and lush pads, to organic textures, striking drums, and piercing leads.
– Four operators configurable in eight different routings
– Three sound engines modelled on 1980s hardware units
– Eight waveforms derived from classic FM synths
– 2x, 3x, and 4x polyphonic unison
– Tempo-syncable arpeggiator with up, down, up-down, and random patterns
– Microtuning with eight different temperaments
– Supports Inter-App Audio, background audio, and MIDI over bluetooth (support for Audiobus is coming)
– Up to 24 voices of polyphony
– Presets can be imported/exported through iTunes
All product names used are trademarks of their respective owners, and reference to these here in no way constitutes an association or affiliation with Primal Audio. All trademarks are solely used to identify the products whose sound was studied during the development of FM4.
A woodwind instrument is a musical instrument that belongs to the wind instrument family other than woodwind instruments. Woodwind instrumentSS is a music application packed with 6 different woodwind instruments such as the Bass Clarinet and the Bagpipes. You can also purchase each percussion separately, however Woodwind instrumentSS allows you to save 30% from the actual price.
Woodwind instrumentSS is designed to allow you to easily play the trumpet with a single finger. Unlike the actual a woodwind instrument , you don’t need to have a large lung capacity, but you will be able to play it just by touching the inner side of the white dotted line. With Woodwind instrumentSS, you can start playing the trumpet right away and enjoy its sound whenever you want, wherever you are!
Added a volume slider at the bottom center of the screen in order to fix the problem that fade out doesn’t work while you can play staccato notes with the stop button. When you fade the audio out, please make sure to tap the stop button.
Added the recording function!
It picks the surrounding sounds as well, and you can use it in many different ways such as recording your vocals or creating a voice memo. You can also send the recorded data via email. Note that the maximum attachment size of an email depends on the iOS device you are using. Please contact your cell phone service provider for further information. * A 10 seconds recording is around 450 kB.
* Support iTunes file sharing(http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4094?viewlocale=en_US)
Added the play with other music app button on the right side of the record button (however, this disables the recording). For example, you can play along with your favorite songs on Music app.
Now you can select the audio file format when recording. If you want to send a file via email, record at “22kHz / 8 bit” to reduce the file size.
* Users who have a problem with the musical instrument app that doesn’t make any sound. (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5137?viewlocale=en_US)
* Volume slider
* Display scale on keyboard
* Support orientation
* Record button / Play button / Stop button / Send the sound data via Email button
* Support iTunes file sharing
* Play with other music app button
– Set Contents
Range: D2 – A5, approximately 4 octaves (44 tones) – iPad
Range: D3 – A5, approximately 3 octaves (32 tones) – iPhone, iPod Touch
Range: D4 – B5, approximately 2 octaves (22 tones)
Range: C3 – C7, approximately 4 octaves (49 tones) – iPad
Range: C3 – C6, approximately 3 octaves (37 tones) – iPhone, iPod Touch
Range: G2 – C4, approximately 3 octaves (29 tones)
Range: C3 – C7, approximately 4 octaves (49 tones) – iPad
Range: C3 – C6, approximately 3 octaves (37 tones) – iPhone, iPod Touch
Range: A3 – E6, approximately 3 octaves (32 tones)