Unlocking new potentials of FM synthesis.
Frum is a radically new FM Drum Synthesizer, incubated after many years of research and development into FM synthesis. You may imagine FM sounds to be clear and harmonic, but those are just the start of the possibilities FM has to offer. More potential is unleashed by harnessing the unlimited, free power of complex sound waves.
Close sound encounters of the third kind.
Traditionally, FM synths are overwhelming, with too many parameters to control the sound texture. Frum bundles many of these parameters together in the BUG button, offering entirely new textures each time the button is pressed. It’s easy to find and tweak these sounds to make drums, other percussion, fat bass, organic noises such as insect songs, environmental sounds, human screams, as well as all sorts of intriguing melodies.
• The sounds are at your fingertips.
With Frum, we had to rethink the existing UI design for hardware and software synthesizers, bringing the power of FM to the iOS touch screen. The vertically scrolling sequencer allows you to enjoy single-handed, stress-free control of the UI.
• Rearrange blocks to compose music.
Entire songs can be composed by rearranging pattern blocks with your fingers. Complex arrangements and organisation is possible with the user having control over song name, pattern block colors, loop counts and durations.
• Share your song on the timeline.
From incorporates SNS technology, allowing you to listen to hot new tracks from around the world, as soon as somebody shares them. Let people know what you think, and get feedback on your own tracks, via the like button, and comments section.
• Sound engine
Oscillators : FM/PM synth with 4 operators（ sine, square, triangle )
Tracks : 4 ( can extend to 4×4 pads using the ‘Pad division’ function )
Filter : High, Band and Low pass filter
Effectors : Overdrive, Auto Pan
Generating BUG, Pad division, UNDO, REDO, Live edit, Save and load presets (factory/private)
• Pattern Sequencer
Step resolution : 1/16
Maximum step: 64 (4 bars)
Gate input, Keyboard input, parameter input in Motion edit mode, Copy and paste, Step shift
• Song (Pattern Block)
Maximium patterns : 150
Pattern Block Properties : Name, Color, Loop count, Mute
Drag & drop, Duplicate, Delete, Delete All
Mixer : 4 track volume faders + 1 master volume fader with a limiter
Other Features :
Shuffle, Mute, Pad Division, Pad sound switch, and so on
• Other functions
SNS (Timeline, Popular, Recommended, Demo)
Account management, Account synchronization, Create account
For more details – http://frum.jp/
One of the most fully fledged music workstations for the iPad comes from Steinberg in the shape of Cubasis, and just recently version 2.0 arrived with a host of new features and improvements…
What’s New in Version 2.0
• A Refreshed User Interface – Enjoy profound usability by straightforward workflows
• Real-time Time-Stretch – Tempo match audio loops to your song’s tempo in a snap
• Pitch shift with formant correction – Easily change keys of any tracks and tune them to perfection
• A studio-grade channel strip – Reach true sound perfection for all channels
• Spin FX – Tweak and mash-up your tracks with DJ-like breaks, stops and stutters
• MicroSonic TAPE instruments – Perfectly recreate trademark sounds from the ’60s era
• 76 new Micrologue presets – Lay down your tracks with cutting-edge modern synth sounds
• Factory loops tempo match – Enjoy the freedom to use included audio loops at any tempo
• MIDI Auto Quantize – Sync MIDI tracks with the beat while recording
• Ready for iOS 10 – Cubasis 2.0 is fully tested and proven iOS 10 compatible
For a full rundown on the app’s features, head to the official website – http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/mobile_apps/cubasis/start.html
Don’t forget, there’s an LE version you can try out to see if it suits your needs
New features – highlights
Poison-202 is a professional Vintage Midi Synthesizer. Made by musicians for musicians, it is inspired by famous classic hardware synthesizers of 80’s and 90’s and has all the main sound creation blocks you can imagine: oscillators, cutoff Filters, ADSR-envelopes, ring, cross modulation, LFOs, sync, super-saw oscillator and more! Unlike many other software synthesizers at the market, which can reproduce only limited family of sounds, Poison-202 is designed to be able to reproduce almost any classic synthesizer timbre! Check out the Presets
The library of 150 built-in factory presets includes famous patches that can be heard in the compositions of such electronic and rave scene music performers as The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Azzido Da Bass, Darude, Kraftwerk, Daft Punk and many others!
You can play it with your fingers on iPhone / iPad, or you can plug-in your favorite USB MIDI keyboard into your device using Apple’s Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and turn Poison-202 into a real synthesizer module!
• 2 oscillators with selectable wave form and pitch
• 5 oscillator waveforms: Saw, Pulse (with adjustable Pulse Width), Sine, Triangle and Super-Saw
• one Super Saw oscillator generates 7 individual saw oscillators at the same time, with adjustable Mix and Detune parameters, reproducing famous classic analog strings and hoover sounds
• additional (third) sinusoid sub oscillator + noise generator
• 2x-oversampled internal sound mixing frequency (96,000 Hz on iPhone 6s)
• 2 TVF (time variant filter) modules with Cutoff, Resonance, Keyboard tracking and ADSR envelope, 12 dB/octave
• 2 TVA (time variant amplifier) modules with ADSR envelope
• It is possible to pair two 12 dB TVF to get one 24 dB filter
• Pitch envelope (Attack/Decay) for each oscillator
• Ring modulation
• Sync modulation
• Pulse width modulation (PWM)
• Cross frequency modulation
• 2 LFO modulation sources with Frequency and Fade-In parameters
• LFO cross-modulation
• 6 waveforms of LFO: Triangle, Sine, Saw, Square, Trapezoid and Random (Sample & Hold)
• 4 LFO modulation destinations: Pitch, Filter, Amplifier and PWM
• Note Portamento
• 3-band EQ for each patch
• Digital realtime effects: Distortion, Bit-Crusher, Chorus, Flanger, Delay, Panning Delay and Reverb with adjustable parameters
• Master brickwall type limiter (can be switched on/off)
• Two signal flow connection structures: Parallel and Serial
• Solo playing mode with Legato switch
• Pitch Wheel with adjustable pitch bend range (2 – 24 semitones)
• Modulation Wheel with assignable controls
• Receive MIDI events: Note On, Note Off, Note Velocity, Control Change (Modulation Wheel), Pitch Bend Change, Program Change, Bank Select LSB/MSB
• Arpeggiator with 6 selectable modes and 12 rhythm patterns with tempo and swing feel control
• Scale play mode when playing onscreen keyboard with over 40 different scales to select from
• Voice polyphony up to 24
• Up to 100 user presets to store
• Scalable and movable onscreen keyboard with key velocity control
• CPU usage indicator
• Volume meter
• Show Oscillogram feature (can be switched on from Settings Page)
• Inter-App Audio supported (MIDI-Instrument mode) to use Poison-202 together with other musical apps and sequencers on your iPhone/iPad, such as Garage Band and others!
The Aphera Music app is a powerful suite of instruments. Play instruments alone or sync with your friends to play together! Expressive and intuitive, these instruments are for amateurs and professionals alike.
These instruments do not attempt to emulate existing instruments but instead create a unique and intuitive interface for the parameters of music, like rhythm, pitch, and timbre. No musical training is required, just a love of music and a desire to play! This app brings electronic music out of the studio and into your hands. Play anywhere and at any time!
Enjoy making music!
There are two instruments included in this first release: a drum machine and a slider synth. The drum machine may be more familiar whereas the slider synth provides an entirely unique way of generating melodies. Look out for additional instruments soon to be released!
The app includes a mixer and it allows control of tempo. Stack up several drum machines and synths to produce complex rhythms and harmonies!
Syncing is a breeze! With this app you can play in time with other musicians using the Aphera Music app or other apps and devices that have Ableton Link integration. Ableton Link is a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network.
The Aphera Music app can even output sound through another device running the app. Enable wifi or bluetooth and instantly connect to other musicians using the Aphera Music app. This is useful when you and your friends are jamming and there is only one cable connected to the stereo.
fluXpad is the first sample sequencer that fully functions by simply drawing the sounds. In fluXpad it’s super simple to record your own sounds, to create different pattern and to jam with them.
fluXpad is a sample based groovebox/workstation with a highly original sequencer, where you “draw“ your music, which leads to completely different results, when compared to a traditional sequencer. The y-axis of your canvas controls pitch, while the x-axis controls the sustain of your notes. Sounds familiar, but drawing on a canvas without any grid is a totally new experience. Of course it is possible to quantize your notes, or you can limit your note range to major or minor scales.
fluXpad has been developed by Mouse on Mars and Jan Trützschler
– 6 melody sequencers where you paint your melodies based on a sample of your choice
– 1 percussion/drum sequencer where you paint/tap your groove made of 7 samples of your choice
– record mode: either paint your sequence (on the top) or tap your notes (at the bottom)
– each sound has it’s own sampler settings with unique envelope, loop and start settings
– quantize / unquantize functions for each sequencer or the whole pattern
– 7 patterns to jam with, for each preset
– ability to record your own samples with the build in microphone
– import samples via iTunes or AudioShare
– huge sample library with high quality sounds/kits made by Mouse on Mars and others
– lots of demo projects made by Mouse and Mars and others
– ability buy new projects/sounds via In-App-Purchase
– ability to export/backup your projects (including sounds)
– Audiobus supported
– IAA sync supported
– Ableton Link supported
– ability to sync via midi to other apps, hardware
Dhalang Microtonal Groovebox is a standalone music software for easy and accessible use of alternative tuning systems in electronic music composition, production and performance. Dhalang offers internal synthesizers and samplers with multitrack mixing and effecting possibilities that can be controlled with internal sequencers, computer input or standard MIDI input. In addition to it’s traditional multitrack piano roll editing and sequencing, Dhalang also features several generative and algorithmic methods for more experimental sequencing of ((micro)tonal) music.
Features in (very) short:
– Various preset tuning systems and scales with a custom tuning editor.
– Analog-style, physically modelled, additive and FM synthesis methods.
– Audio Sampling with mini granulizer and audio data auto-segmentation.
– Many sequencer types; piano roll, control automation, vector, matrix and particle.
– Mixer with four buses and various sound effects.
– Offline rendering of stereo and individual tracks, MIDI import and export.
– Realtime MIDI input and output.
– Network synchronisation of various cross-platform Dhalang instances.
– Many UI colour themes and support for various languages.
for more detailed information, visit http://www.hypertonal.net/dhalanga
Developer: Joel Kivela
Ultra Piano: Realistic Piano Keyboard, Midi Melody and Full-featured Synthesizer.
# A very simple and user friendly Piano keyboard.
# 5-Voice Virtual Analog Synthesizer
# Dual VCO-style Oscillators
# MIDI in for notes
# Easy configurable
# Dedicated Sub Oscillator
# FM Oscillator w/ Mod (Nord Lead style)
# 4-Pole Vintage Low-Pass Filter (Moog style)
# Very easy to use.
# Oscillator Morph Knob (Access Virus style)
# Beautiful Sean Costello Reverb
# Running LFO w/ 4 waveforms
# Multi-tap (ping-pong) delay
# ADSR Envelope
# Detune Oscillators by Semitone & Hz
# Hold & Mono modes for keyboard
# Noise generator
# 8-Bit Crusher
Sound Tips for Midi Melody Pro:
# You can get a pure Sine wave by (1) turning the Osc Mix to the left (2) turning off VCO1 (3) Turning the FM up!
# Use the morph knob between square and pulse for basic PWM control.
# Not getting enough low-end for your liking? Turn down the Rez.
# Use 2 saws and detune VCO2 for a shimmery vintage Polysynth sound. Slowly open the filter to your taste.
# The reverse saw LFO (the last wave setting on the LFO) can simulate a basic voltage-controlled note repeat.
# Keep dry/wet knobs under 50% for a more powerful sound.
# Turn the ADSR Release down to zero and turn the echo on to hear how the echo taps fire.
waverails is a modular path-based loop processor, inspired by avant-garde tape music and early electromechanical musical contraptions. Instead of recording, overdubbing and splicing together tape, waverails lets you splice, warp, blend and reverse audio (live input and/or samples) in real-time by using path-based modular components. waverails can be used as an audio processor or live performance tool to create effects and performances that aren’t easily replicated in real-time with traditional audio software and effects.
Lo-fi warped sound collages
Phased loops (just like your favorite 20th century minimalist composers!)
Chopped up real-time glitchy beats
Massive glittery ambience
Harmonic and rhythmic effects that transform input sounds into music
Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support (filter/effect port)
AudioShare support for importing custom samples
Control each modular component’s parameters in real time
Jump functionality lets you easily set cues and sync object positions and speeds
Fine grained or musical interval-based speed control
BPM control to match audio input tempo
Perform any task with a few taps, without needing any gestures/long presses.
No additional hardware or apps required, create new sounds using internal or imported samples
Info function to share and learn information about custom patches.
note: full patch editing and save functionality require in-app purchase
Moodscaper is a generative music app and a great personal companion for studying, providing non-intrusive headphone music at work, relaxing, meditating and even sleeping. Just launch the app, tap automatic play, and moodscaper will produce melodic, atmospheric and evocative ambient music in a “light”, “dark”, “space” or “sad” mood.
Moodscaper is also an easy to use instrument for creating epic-sounding pads and effects as part of a larger iPad-based music-making setup. You can even create your own custom instrument by loading your own samples, and taking advantage of moodscaper’s generative engine.
· Unique generative atmospheric sample-based instrument
· Simple one-screen / no text user interface
· Four scale-based moods
· Three loopers (five on iPad) with optional sync
· Provides tasteful auto-accompaniment to your bass and chord loops
· Hints displayed on keys that should sound good with root notes or chords
· Samples are randomly stacked for a bigger sound with more variation
· Extra effects section (iPad only) with filter, delay and reverb
· Effects tweaks can be recorded in loopers
· Additional 20 key instrument for each mood (iPad only)
· Add your own samples and create your own mood-based instrument
· Additional instruments available as free downloads at moodscaper.com
· IAA support (as a generator) with no special setup required
The moodscaper development approach is to release small and frequent updates. This creates a tight feedback loop between me (the developer) and you guys, so you get to drive what new features are included in the app. Thanks to the great ideas suggested by current users, moodscaper has already gone in directions I didn’t originally envisage, so please consider being part of that, *especially* if you don’t see your “must have” feature in the list above. You never know, I might be working on that feature already for the next release, or if enough people ask for it, I’ll do my best to implement it 😉
For more information, a downloadable manual, demos and support, please visit www.moodscaper.com
Here’s something typically, Japanesy and quirky that could produce some fun, novel beats and tunes for you…
PICO – Piano Roll Chiptune Composer
Easily compose NES music.
Piano roll composer app.
Sound can be confirmed on the keyboard drag.
Notes can be placed to the screen tap.
Screen Scalable in the pinch in-out.
Multipart possible composer.
Music part is a switch can be switched.
Music can be saved with a name.
Music can be recorded in the file (AAC format).
Octave Range C1 – C7.
For other operation specifications, check the operating instructions in the app.
* Function List
– Score save.
– Recording (AAC file).
– BPM (speed of the music) change.
– The maximum number of bar change.
– Tone change for each part.
– Volume change for each part.
* Tone List
– Square 1 (50:50)
– Square 2 (75:25)
– Square 3 (87.5: 12.5)
– Long Noise 1 (low)
– Long Noise 2 (high)
– Short Noise 1 (low)
– Short Noise 2 (high)