The Moog Model 15 App is the first Moog modular synthesizer and synthesis educational tool created exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Each facet of the Moog Model 15 modular synthesizer has been meticulously recreated in this application to ensure the power and transcendent sound quality of each module remains intact. The character, harmonic complexity and mystique of the Moog Model 15’s modules, from the legendary Moog 921–series oscillators and 904A Low Pass Filter, to the coveted 907 Fixed Filter Bank have been painstakingly preserved.
In order to develop the most immersive and expressive modular interface possible, the Model 15 App has been designed utilizing Apple’s new Metal advanced graphics engine. This ensures that all zooming, panning and modular patching throughout the application feels completely natural, something that would have been impossible otherwise.
The Model 15 App features both monophonic and 4-voice polyphonic operation is easily commanded via 4 seamlessly integrated controllers. Simple swipes and taps provide instant access to a traditional Moog keyboard, 1150 ribbon controller, 8-step sequencing arpeggiator and the award-winning Animoog keyboard with 22 built-in scales and polyphonic modulation capabilities.
Also included are extended features which expand the capabilities of the app beyond the traditional offerings of the hardware Moog Model 15. These include total MIDI integration, assignment for external control, use as a MIDI controller, dedicated Audio Bridge and MIDI Bridge modules, looping recorder module with overdubbing, a master ping-pong delay module and a new extension cabinet that includes additional amplifiers and voltage-controlled reversible attenuators that can be used for effects like ring-modulation.
Because the Model 15 App utilizes Apple’s Metal technology, only 64-bit devices are supported. Compatible devices include iPhone 5s or newer, iPod touch 6 or newer, iPad Air or newer, and the iPad Pro.
The Model 15 App requires iOS version 9.3 or later to work.
• Ships with over 160 unique presets
• Recreates the sound of a hardware Moog Model 15 modular synthesizer
• Easily share presets and recordings with anyone
• Tutorial patches to assist all experience levels
• Intuitive patching and cable coloring
• Support for landscape and portrait modes
• Voltage-controlled stereo ping-pong delay
• Expressive sequencing arpeggiator
• Moog 1150 Ribbon controller
• Real-time looping recorder with overdub and immediate sharing
• Up to two controllers on-screen (iPad only)
• Optional left-handed UI operation
• 3D Touch and Apple Pencil integration for after pressure
• Note-per-channel MIDI controllers
• Ableton Link
• Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• MIDI Bridge and Audio Bridge
• 7 and 14-Bit MIDI
• MIDI Program Change
• Bluetooth LE MIDI controllers
• Typing keyboards for shortcuts and musical typing
• AudioCopy, AudioPaste and AudioShare
Chronium is a sequencer/synthesizer app for creating, recording, and sharing complex melodies simply by a few finger touches.
The main user interface consists of a fingerboard and a control bar. Touch the fingerboard to start, stop, or modify a voice. The horizontal axis of the fingerboard corresponds to different frequencies, similar to a guitar fingerboard. The vertical axis corresponds to different sounds and rhythm patterns which you can configure. When a voice is playing, the corresponding rhythm pattern is shown as a loop around the touch position, along with the red play cursor. On 3D Touch devices (for example iPhone 6S), the pressure applied to the fingerboard affects the sound by changing filter parameters or modulation depths. On other devices, the same parameters are controlled by an estimate of the surface touched by your finger.
The rhythm patterns are produced by thresholding a weighted sum of binary signals. The weights and thresholds can be set using sliders in the pattern editing interface. 7 basic binary signals are available with periodicities ranging from whole notes to sixty-fourth notes. 5 thresholds are used to determine the timing of the notes, the octave, and whether the notes should be accented or not. The weights and thresholds can be set for 3 different locations along the vertical axis of the fingerboard. Patterns in intermediate locations are obtained by interpolating the weights and thresholds.
Up to 7 different sounds can be placed on the fingerboard and sounds in intermediate locations are obtained by morphing between the two nearest sounds. For this app, an advanced virtual analog sound synthesis engine was developed to enable morphing between classic analog and FM synth sounds.
On devices with an A7 processor or higher (iPhone 5S or higher, iPad Air or higher, iPod Touch 6th Gen or higher), you can record what you are playing as a video and share it on social media, via email, or to the device’s camera roll.
For more info and videos – https://www.facebook.com/ChroniumApp
Sonic Synth is very capable FM Synthesizer app with 3 oscillators. Every oscillator is independent and can generate 4 wave forms. The app works with 44100 Hz sample rate so the sound quality is great.
The touch keyboard is very responsive and dynamic – feels like a real instrument. Keys are big enough.
The last wave form is our secret algorithm for string sound also generated by the oscillators.
Variety of sounds can be created and even changed real time while you are playing using the setting of the 3 oscillators of the synthesizer.
Sonic Synth main features: - 3 oscillators - 4 wave form types for every oscillator - volume, modulation, tone and detune for every oscillator - envelope filters (attack sustain release) - multitouch - fast and usable piano keyboard
You can now use your phone or tablet as a recording instrument.
Matt Fecher’s analog synthesizer for iPad created entirely with the new AudioKit 3.0 framework.
Get the full source code now from the AudioKit website at audiokit.io.
Requires iPad Retina devices or above. iPad Air/iPad Pro for best performance. Works on iPad Mini Retina.
* 5-Voice Virtual Analog Polysynth
* Dual Morphable VCO Oscillators
* Dedicated Sub Oscillator
* FM Oscillator w/ Mod
* Beautiful Sean Costello Reverb
* Free-running LFO w/ 4 waveforms
* Multi-tap (Ping-Pong) delay
* 4-Pole Vintage Modeled Filter
* ADSR Envelope
* MIDI in for notes
* Detune Oscillators by Semitone & Hz
* Hold & Mono modes for keyboard
* Noise generator
* 8-Bit Crusher
Shoom is an expressive XY pad synthesizer. Or, more precisely, three identical synthesizers in one app. It is capable of playing any pitch in the audible range and doesn’t necessarily limit you to a particular scale. Nevertheless, if you do want to use scales, Shoom can deliver anything from common 12-tone equal tempered to xenharmonic and microtonal.
• Three independent synthesizers
• 20–20,000 Hz pitch range
• Slide freely or snap notes to scale with adjustable glide rate
• Set notes to infinite hold using a dedicated toggle
• Microtonal and non-octave repeating scales support
• MIDI CC control and clock sync (MIDI note input coming in a later update)
• Inter-App Audio, Audiobus 2 support
• 60+ bundled presets
• Import and export of presets and CC maps
Synthesizer engine features:
• Adjustable polyphony, up to 30 voices
• Two oscillators with 4 waveforms and PWM, and one noise generator
• Oscillator FM cross-modulation
• 4 pole (24 dB/octave) resonant low pass filter with overdrive and pitch tracking
• 2 variable slope ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter cutoff
• 2 LFOs with 9 waveforms, up to 3 out of 12 simultaneously assignable parameters, trigger and global running modes, fade-in and phase controls
• Y axis position as modulation source with up to 3 of 15 simultaneously assignable parameters
• Note pan randomizer
• Built-in stereo delay and reverb effects
Experience KORG Gadget with a free, lite version.
KORG Gadget Le – the all-in-one music production studio.
*iPhone 6 or later is recommended. 5/5c/4S are not supported due to differences in screen size and CPU speed.
KORG Gadget offers a collection of more than 20* different synthesizers and drum machines called “Gadgets.” These gadgets were designed to assist the user to produce powerful electronic music. The latest version features universal support not only for the iPad, but also for the iPad Pro and the iPhone. The painstaking attention that Korg has given its hardware instruments for more than fifty years has now taken shape as cutting-edge software in the Gadget. It’s the ultimate all-in-one music production studio app.
* The total number of gadgets including in-app purchases etc.
To give a glimpse into the amazing power of KORG Gadget, we have provided KORG Gadget Le – a lite version available free of charge. Although there are limitations to the number of gadgets and tracks that you can use, it’s the easiest way for you to experience mobile music production. The gadgets and functions are expanded if you use “KORG Gadget Le” with Korg Controller products* nano2 series, nano Studio series, or microKEY series.
• The ultimate mobile instruments collection
KORG Gadget Le offers a collection of 3 gadgets. Connecting to a Korg MIDI controller will expand 2 gadgets. KORG Gadget Full version offers a collection of more than 20 gadgets. Each Gadget available contains carefully constructed parameters to bring you the sounds you want. They’re ideal for producing all forms of electronic music. Even inexperienced musicians can enjoy the app as each synth offers a Scale function that makes it virtually impossible to play the wrong notes.
• Design tracks in portrait or landscape. Workflow for any music production task
The greatest feature of KORG Gadget is the user interface. It gives you an ideal music production workflow based mainly on the portrait orientation that you’re familiar with. When you want to focus on specifics, you can smoothly switch to landscape orientation. This app perfectly supports either preference on the iPad, iPhone, or iPad Pro. From song production to sound design, effects, and mixing, all the steps are intuitive and seamless. Experience perfect music production on mobile!
• Share songs to the GadgetCloud to connect with users around the world
Songs that you create using KORG Gadget can be shared on “GadgetCloud,” a music exchange for Gadget users worldwide. By uploading and sharing songs, you can communicate in ways that bypass language barriers, and also improve your skill as a creative artist. On GadgetCloud, you can submit your songs for selection as tracks recommended by Korg, enter various contents, and use the ranking system. You can also upload from Gadget directly to any social networking service such as SoundCloud, Facebook, or Twitter, to name a few.
* GadgetCloud is based on SoundCloud, the cloud service that’s supported by creative artists world-wide.
• Make it come alive with new MIDI controllers. Accelerate the pace of your music production
To customize your needs, you can freely choose a MIDI controller that complements the KORG Gadget. With the nanoKEY/KONTROL Studio, you can step-record and mix wirelessly as setup is automatic, making this easy and convenient. You can also opt to choose the microKEY Air, a compact mini-keyboard that can also connect wirelessly and via the Apple Lightning adapter. By partnering with a MIDI controller that inspires you, you can improve the quality of your music production.
More info at korg.com
Medly - Music Maker
Medly takes a new approach to the way music is made, letting both seasoned and new musicians make epic music. Just pick your instruments and start drawing notes.
READY TO HANDLE YOUR MUSIC
Medly breaks up your song into Sections of 1, 2 or 4 bars. Sections are easily picked up, moved, deleted, copied and pasted. You can also create linked copies, effectively letting you quickly create loops.
Medly works on iPhone, iPad, and iPad Pro, and supports Slide Over and Split View.
PEEK & POP AND 3D TOUCH *
Medly has full support for 3D Touch, from Quick Actions on the home screen, to Peek & Pop for our Albums and Songs, and using pressure sensitivity to change the volume of a Note as it’s drawn.
Medly comes with 12 free instruments to start with, and 80 more across a variety of genres, available in the Medly store.
MIXER & EFFECTS
Change the volume of each instrument and apply effects and filters to make your own unique sound. You can even change the volume of individual notes to give your song an extra kick.
New 32nd notes in Medly lets you create even shorter notes and more precise beats. You can also quickly switch between our simple scale scale and chromatic scale. Alongside changing the volume of individual notes to either quiet, normal or loud.
ADD FADES AND AUTOMATE YOUR TRACKS **
Make your music come to life by adding by automating the volume or effects over time.
SHARE YOUR MUSIC
You can share your music as an audio file, or send your friends a Medly file that they can edit. You can even share an entire album at once.
Developer: Medly Labs Inc.
NS1 is a simple and intuitive virtual analog subtractive synthesizer. It works as an Audio Unit extension inside a host application such as GarageBand, Cubasis, AUM or MultitrackStudio. The clean interface consisting of knobs and XY pads lets you easily dial in and experiment with sounds.
• Oscillator combinations consisting of triangle, square and sawtooth waveforms
• Separate noise oscillator
• Envelope modulates pitch, filter cutoff and square oscillator pulse width
• LFO modulates pitch, filter cutoff and square oscillator pulse width
• XY pads for expressive control
• Filter modes: LP, HP, BP
• Stereo delay effect
• Voice modes: monophonic, polyphonic, legato, glide
• Preset management inside the app
If like me, you’re no programmer, this one does look a bit daunting! But it might be just the reason you need to get some scripting experience under your belt!
– generate interactive rhythms and phrases
– send and respond to MIDI messages
– explore notes, chords and scales
– manipulate samples and live sound input
– record the results
scriptSONIC combines the open-ended creative power of a programming language with the expressiveness of a touch-screen.
More info – http://www.scriptsonic.com/
Check out this great demo video
DRC is powerful virtual analog polyphonic synthesizer that recreates the characteristic sound of an analog synthesizer proving a minimal but powerful set of parameters, for limited but incredible sonic capabilities.
With the cloud preset sync technology, DRC enables you to sync patches across devices effortlessly. With this powerful feature, you to start the creative process on one device and continue on another, seamlessly.
– 4 voices
– Two main oscillators, one sub-oscillator and one noise source
– Detune, sync and ring modulation
– 4 pole self resonant low pass Ladder Filter
– 2 pole multi-mode filter (LP, HP, BD, NOTCH)
– 2 LFO’s and 2 analog modeled envelope generators
– Stereo Tape Delay with time modulation
– Lush Stereo Reverb with modulation and self growing decay
– True stereo, analog modeled multi mode chorus
– Arpeggiator with 4 modes, tempo sync and hold function
– Sync to external MIDI clock
– MIDI clock out
– Audiobus and Ableton Link ready (iOS only)
For more details – https://www.imaginando.pt/products/drc