Four Wave Types: Saw / Square / Noise / Magic
Three Filter Types: BPF / HPF / LPF
Four Wave Types : Sine / Square / Saw / Random
Six Destinations : OSC1 Pitch / OSC1 Volume / OSC2 Pitch / OSC2 Volume / Filter CutOff / Master Volume
Two FXs: Lo-Fi / Delay
Two assignable X-Y Pads
Assignable Gyro Control
Supports virtual MIDI (MIDI IN only).
Supports MIDI sync (LFO Rate, Delay Time).
Supports Background playback.
Supports Audiobus (Input).
Supports for iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad as a universal app.
Something both innovative and unique has landed from KORG, bringing back some classic synth sounds of yesteryear, and mixing a collection of them with some modern day sound editing tools!
*** A collection of fifteen Gadgets ***
Right from the beginning, KORG Gadget gives you 15 compact synthesizers and drum machines. Each Gadget possesses an irresistible presence and can function as the core of your electronic music productions. The parameters are carefully constructed to take you right to the sound that you want, and they’re ideal for producing all forms of electronic music. Even if you don’t play a musical instrument, no worries! Each synth offers a keyboard featuring a Scale function that makes it impossible to play wrong notes, combined with a sequencer that supports the function, Just download KORG Gadget to your iPad, and start exploring 15 Gadgets. Which will be your favorite?
*** Ideal track-making experience while on the go. Control two things at once. ***
For the most part, KORG Gadget uses the vertical orientation that makes the iPad easy to hold in one hand and is the most common style of interface on iOS devices. The screen of the iPad is divided vertically in two halves, allowing you to simultaneously control two types of content-“song creation” and “sound creation”. by placing the current Gadget on the bottom of the screen while always showing the sequencing environment up top.-This ensures that your creative production flow is not interrupted. That’s all you have to know. You’ll enjoy the simple and intuitive sequencer, and experience track-making in an environment that’s been perfectly optimized for mobile use, while retaining professional quality in everything from the effects to the mixer.
*** Capture ideas for your songs wherever you like. An ideal choice as a second DAW ***
If you run out of ideas while producing a song, try taking KORG Gadget somewhere that you find inspirational, like a cafe or your living room. Then create sounds or phrases with your favorite gadget and stock up on ideas. The data you create can be exported as audio data for a variety of uses. Even if you typically use a computer or sophisticated music production equipment, KORG Gadget is an ideal partner that will inspire you from a different perspective. KORG Gadget is also an ideal choice as a second DAW that’s easy to take with you along anywhere.
*** Share songs to the GadgetCloud and connect to users around the world. ***
Songs that you create using KORG Gadget can be shared on “GadgetCloud,” a music sharing site for KORG Gadget users worldwide. By exchanging songs between mobile musicians around the world, you can communicate in ways that bypass language barriers, and also improve your skill as a creative artist. This is a music production space that’s fun to use; you can submit your songs for selection as tracks recommended by KORG, enter various contents, and use the ranking system. You can also upload from KORG Gadget directly to any social networking service such as SoundCloud, Facebook, or Twitter, sending your tracks wherever you like.
GadgetCloud is based on SoundCloud, the cloud service that’s supported by creative artists world-wide. You will need a SoundCloud account.
***A fusion of cutting-edge iOS technology; a mobile studio that continues to evolve ***
By connecting an external MIDI keyboard via the Camera Connection Kit, you can play the 15 synthesizers in Gadget from a real keyboard. A wide range of iOS music technology is also supported, including AudioCopy, and WIST. There’s a roadmap for future updates that will add new gadgets and support audio tracks, further perfecting the system as a mobile music production studio. KORG Gadget will continue to evolve in support of serious mobile music-making.
Inspired in part by the Casio Sk-1’s lo-fi sonics/sampling, the Moon Beam also adds features only possible in the touch screen world: bend keys independently!!! You can of coarse also bend all voices in sync using the touch pad. Also, for those of you Baroque sticklers… you can switch to well-tempored mode!
The Moon Beam Synth/Sampler gives you:
-Unique key independant pitch bending
-2 sample/oscillator layers for each voice… or split them to top and bottom keyboards.
-Effects (Delay/Reverb,Filter,Tremelo,Vibrato,Vinyl Noise,Distortion)
-Easy sampling for each audio source
-Easy editing of audio sample start/loop points
-4 octave keyboard + 2 pitch ribbons
-1 assignable effects touch pad
A powerful yet user-friendly FM synthesizer!
– Play music by playing shapes across the pad interface!
– No need for music theory – try it and you will see why!
– Comes with 20 high-quality free sounds!
– Morph pad allows you to morph your sounds while playing!
For the pros who want flexibility :
– NEW : Inter-app Audio : use TF7 in DAW apps like Garageband and Beatmaker 2!
– 7 high quality FM algorithms to tinker with
– Access to every component in the algorithms
– 10 pristine effects consisting of Stereo Reverb, Delays, Pitch-shift Delays and more
– Supports Core-midi compatible keyboards like the Korg Nanokeys 2
– Works with Audiobus out of the box
iPad3 and above recommended for maximum joy playing.
Xynthesizr = ToneMatrix + a full-fledged synthesizer + instant generative music features.
Create music easily and intuitively. Just press play, tap on the grid buttons and hear what happens. It’s that simple, but that’s not all.
With its synthesizer and morphing features, Xynthesizr can be a classic ToneMatrix, an arpeggiated synth, a soft ambient generator, even a drone machine, and more. Check out the built-in patterns and presets to get the idea.
AUDIOBUS enabled (make sure you have Background Audio enabled in Xynthesizr settings)
• 1-32 steps variable pattern length
• Shake to clear
• Tempo control (1-300 BPM)
• 2 pattern morphing algorithms: [Conway’s Game of] Life-like cellular automata and randomized
• Extended range (26 notes for 4-inch screen devices, 22 notes for 3.5-inch)
• Selectable keys and scales
• Ability to tie consecutive notes of same pitch (effectively making them one long note)
• Color-coded octaves
• Scalar transposition
• 16 voice polyphony (12 for iPhone 3GS)
• 2 oscillators per voice
• 4 selectable waveforms (sine, triangle, sawtooth, square)
• Detune control
• 4-pole (24 dB/oct) low-pass resonant filter
• 2 ADSR envelope generators (amplitude and filter frequency)
• 2 LFOs
• 4 selectable LFO targets (filter frequency, pitch, amplitude, second oscillator detune)
• Stereo reverb and randomized panner
Available via In-App Purchase:
• Record and export audio via SoundCloud®, Mail and iTunes File Sharing
• Create your own scales and Life-like cellular automata rules
• Save your presets and patterns
Visit www.imagesonification.com for technical details and demo video.
(Working on Audiobus support- coming very soon!)
– Simply touch anywhere on an image to play sounds with the ADSR envelope
– Toggle LOOP and double-tap to add a looped region
– 6 voice plyphonly (3 touch regions and 3 looped regions)
– Press IMG to select new image from photo library
– Press CAM to use live video and toggle between front and rear cameras
– PAN toggle enables stereo panning depending on horizonal image position
– LEVEL modifies the brightness of pixels and MASK is a level bit-reduction
– CUTOFF provides low-pass and high-pass filters
– THRESH filter is useful to accentuate differences between image regions
– SCAN RATE changes the ammout of time corresponding to an image region
– BACKGROUND controls the opacity of the source image, no effect on sound
– Double-tap the upper-right corner to show/hide the GUI
– VIBRATO uses the accelerometer’s roll to modulate frequency
– REVERB toggles a Lexicon emulation reverb mix and decay
– TUNING creates major or minor chords with multiple touch voices
– 2 finger left/right and up/down gesture control of filters anywhere on screen
– Projector output for instant visual music performance
VOSIS = Voice of Sisyphus Image Sonification
– Software by Ryan Michael McGee | www.ryanmcgee.com
– “Voice of Sisyphus” is an artwork by George Legrady | www.georgelegrady.com
– Created with ofxUI by Reza Ali | www.syedrezaali.com
Electrify is back! Electrify NXT turns your iPad into a virtual Groovebox with drum loops, synths and effects. All in realtime! Create musical clips or load samples and loops from the 1600+ samples library and arrange them on the fly in the clip matrix. Create dramatic break downs and build ups with the performance effects.
Electrify NXT runs best on iPads with Retina Displays.
• Completely rewritten and vastly enhanced audio engine with Active Freeze Technology gives you the power to create clips with effects and stunning live performances.
• The all new session mode lets you perform with loops and clips by creating arrangements on the fly.
• New brilliant sounding polyphonic FM-style Synthesizer: Electrify NXT comes with a fully fledged frequency modulating synthesizer with 11 Algorithms and wave-morphing oscillators giving you endless sound possibilities.
• The new drumkit combines 8 samplers into one grooving loop factory.
• The powerful looper and slicer lets you deconstruct audio loops or rearrange your own clips beyond recognition.
• Electrify NXT comes with more than 1600 audio loops and one shot samples from the famous Inspire Audio Collection
• A huge load of effects spices up your loops and performances.
• Powerful parameter modulation: nearly every parameter of instruments and effects can be modulated by LFOs, Envelopes or by realtime parameter sequencing.
• Add that little extra portion of groove to your clips with Flexi-Groove templates.
• Use Electrify NXT with other Apps or your Keyboard. Audiobus, AudioCopy and Midi are integrated.
Create your rack by adding up to 14 machines from a choice of:
* Subsynth – Virtual analog subtractive synthesizer
* PCMSynth – Multi-sample wave synthesizer
* BassLine – 303-like monosynth
* BeatBox – 8-channel sampling drum machine
* PadSynth – Harmonic table pad synthesizer
* 8BitSynth – 8bit equation solver synthesizer
* Modular – Fully configurable and routable synthesizer
* Organ – Tonewheel organ with rotary speaker
* Vocoder – 8-band harmonic vocoder
* FMSynth – DX-style 3-operator fm synthesizer
The app also includes:
* Effects rack supporting 2 effects per machine (16 effect types).
* Mixer desk with EQ, panning and global Delay/Reverb effects.
* Master section with effect slots, parametric EQ and limiter.
* Song sequencer
Supports automation recording on most controls and includes powerful editors for modifying automation curves.
Users can record their own WAV files for use in the PCMSynth, BeatBox, and Vocoder or import files through iTunes file sharing or the built-in FTP server.
Supports all uncompressed WAV files (8-16-24-32bit, any sampling rate).
The PCMSynth can also load SoundFont files (.sf2) and FL/Xewton instruments (.instr, .ZIP)
Exported songs can be shared using the AudioShare app.
Supports CoreMIDI for note and velocity data.
Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 118 studio-quality instruments with sustain, a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
What’s New in Version 2.4
*** Holiday sale: Music Studio is 33% discounted, the in-app instrument packs are available at half the price ***
Support us with your 5 star review to help keep the updates coming!
New features in Music Studio 2.4:
• 52 new high quality symphonic instruments
• New instrument list folder layout
• Polyphony can be set to 128 (on current generation devices only)
• Bug fixes
* Check out the movie of this app:
– Audiobus support: You can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information.
– Virtual MIDI support: You can control other Virtual MIDI compatible apps (e.g. Animoog, Sunrizer synth, Launchkey, etc).
– Piano Mode: Beautiful acoustic/electric piano sound. Audiobus-compatible.
– MIDI Mode: Control your favorite synthesizers via Virtual MIDI.
– Easy chord playing with Auto Select Feature (Diatonic Triad/7th)
– Select a root note (and a chord type if needed) to play a chord
– Play arpeggio/glissando with Chord Tone Pads
– Octave Shift (from -2 to +2)
– 4 scales available (Major, Natural/Harmonic/Melodic Minor). Select Parallel or Relative scale change between major/minor.
– Key Transpose Feature
– You do not have to go another screen to change your settings. Change even while you are playing a tune.
* Chordy sends MIDI signals to all ports availavle. So you can control more than 2 apps simultaneously if you need.