#1 Staff Favorites on US App Store !
It was never so easy to create beautiful sounds and driving loops.
The unique dynamic wavetable synthesis allows you to explore an unprecedented
wide range of sonic territory. From acid loops, crystal clear percussions, realistic
human choirs to complex musical soundscapes nothing seems impossible
with only a handful parameters to tweak.
Together with the intelligent randomizer for both sounds and arpeggios you
will loose any sense of time and space while exploring unknown sonic territories.
Right from the beginning you’ll understand why it’s named Addictive.
With Version 1.1 you get instant hardware access together with the AKAI SynthStation 25. Use the hardware buttons for scrolling through presets and arpeggios, operating the Arpeggiator and rolling our famous dice to get instant new arpeggio creations !
4 track Loop recorder
• Live recording/playback of phrases divided in up to 4 tracks with unlimited overdubbing.
• Mute/Solo for each track.
• Paste loops from other music Apps in one of the 4 tracks.
• Loop length can be set from one to eight bars.
Dynamic wavetable synthesizer
• Six dynamic wavetable oscillators per voice, up to 48 total.
• Continous morphing between two oscillator sets.
• Realtime editing of up to 128 partials (overtones).
• Realtime editing of filter structure to create arbitrary body resonances.
• Extensive modulation possibilities using up to 4 LFOs and 4 Envelopes.
• Control matrix allows real time control of five parameters using MIDI Breath and Footcontroller, the modulation wheel and the tilt sensors.
• Monophonic or polyphonic with 4 voices. ( 2 voices on older devices )
• 128 factory presets, unlimited user presets can be shared.
• Up to three effects concurrently usable selected from: equalizer, phaser, flanger, chorus and stereo/cross delay.
• Play melodies live with onscreen keyboard pads. Drag fingers for slides and vibrato.
• Use a CoreMIDI compatible interface to play with a MIDI Keyboard.
• Musical scale setting makes for easy playing.
Full featured programmable Arpeggiator
• Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
• Can trigger single notes and chords.
• Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
• 32 Arpeggios included, unlimited user arpeggios possible.
• For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order
• Export loops as audio and midi files.
• Audio pasteboard for exchange with other Apps
• Exchange user presets with File Sharing in iTunes.
The modules used in this app are basic building blocks for generating sequences. The sequences can range from simple to complex in a very intuitive fashion.
The Spectre Midi Sequencer is a modular sequencing iPad app. This app is built to emulate the way analog modular synthesizer sequencing systems operate. The modules used in this app are basic building blocks for generating sequences. The sequences can range from simple to complex in a very intuitive fashion. The main feature of this app that allows for creative sequences is the virtual “CV” and “GATE” Features. In this app, CV refers to the pitch or note and GATE refers to the actual triggering of a note. When the CV and GATE are running on patterns independent from each other and are combined at the output, magic happens.
The basic components of this app are: 4 sequencers, 2 clock dividers, 2 sequential switches, 2 logic modules and one output module which is used to generate midi notes. I will go into detail on each component, but a Google search may prime you before reading the rest of the manual. Like real modular synthesizers, they are connected with patch cables between components. The cables can be added, removed and arranged in any way you can think of.
For more details – http://sectionfourteen.com/page/spectre
Virtual ANS is a software simulator of the unique Russian synthesizer ANS – photoelectronic microtonal/spectral musical instrument created by Russian engineer Evgeny Murzin from 1938 to 1958.
The instrument was used by Stanislav Kreichi, Alfred Schnittke, Edison Denisov, Sofia Gubaidulina, Edward Artemiev and other Soviet composers.
You can hear the sound of the ANS in Andrei Tarkovsky’s movies Solaris, The Mirror, Stalker.
While the other similar programs are just fun toys, the Virtual ANS is a full-featured professional tool which allows you to create unusual, deep, atmospheric sounds. With this app you can draw a complete piece of music, or convert sound to image (sonogram) and then make some complex sonogram modifications.
Actually the potential of the program has not been explored yet, so it (as well as PixiVisor) is more appropriate for people who are searching for something new, not afraid to experiment with sound.
[ Key features ]
• unique Virtual Analog sound engine;
• unlimited number of pure tone generators;
• powerful sonogram editor – you can draw the spectrum and play it at the same time;
• any sound (from a WAV file or a Microphone/Line-in) can be converted to image (sonogram) and vice versa;
• MIDI Input;
• supported file formats: WAV, PNG, JPEG, GIF, VNS (Virtual ANS 1.x);
• Jack and Audiobus support;
• iTunes File Sharing;
• Wi-Fi Export/Import;
• Virtual ANS is also available for Android, Windows, Linux and OSX;
• more functions in the next Virtual ANS updates…
Fat by Design with its 9 oscillators section, all waveforms (but Sinus with oscillators) use generalized PWM (called “Ratio”), so you can tune/modulate the waveform of each oscillator / LFO.
Its huge modulations capabilities lets you create a very large sound styles.
The arpeggiator includes an 8 steps sequencer and lets you mute, change the gate duration, the groove and the velocity of each step. In addition, you can use the global Shuffle to humanize your arpeggios. It also sends its notes to MIDI Outs !
► 9 Oscillators section organized on 3 Oscillator Modes (8 waveforms)
► White Noise
► Full Stereo path (from Oscillators Section to FX)
► 24dB/oct Filter (Low Pass, Band Pass & Hi Pass)
► 3 Envelopes
► 2 LFOs (11 waveforms with Generalized PWM, even with Sinus/Cosinus)
► 2 X/Y Pads
► 8 Modulation Slots (20 Sources and 67 Destinations !!!)
► Arpeggiator with Shuffle/Groove, Step Controls and MIDI sending
► Stereo Delay with delay time modulation capability
► Full MIDI implementation (including MIDI CC Learn)
► Background Audio
► Korg WIST support
► User Bank sharing with Mail/Safari
Needs iOS 6.0 or higher.
Votan Telepathy is a groundbreaking multi-purpose synthesis engine harnessing cutting edge technologies with traditional sound sculpting techniques. The power beneath Votan Telepathy is based in its cloud and communication platform where you can create sounds and instantly share with friends and colleagues.
The Votan Telepathy synthesis engine is also available as an 32/64 bit Audio Unit plugin with the iOS app acting as an ultra low latency touch controller for multiple instances of the synth in your favourite DAW. You can create new sounds on your iPad, that magically appear in the Audio Unit to be used in a professional DAW environment.
**Votan Telepathy Synthesis Engine**
4 x Free Range Oscillators with Band-limited alias free Virtual Analogue waveforms. Free-range means they can be unlocked from key frequencies, and then used intelligently as audio rate modulators for FM and Ring Modulation. You can also morph between the different wave-shapes (Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth, Square).
4 x Multi-filters with traditional Virtual Analog(Moog Ladder, MS20, TB303 emulations), Digital IIR and Formant Phase filters, 2/4 Pole with standard filter types Low Pass, High Pass, Band Reject, and Band Pass.
In depth internal filter routing between the filters, with Parallel, Series and Stereo Split.
4 x LFO’s with transitional and morphing wave shapes.
4 x Envelopes, standard ADSR, Filter and 2 x assignable envelopes.
6 x Modulation Matrix Slots for extensive modulations
4 x FX Slots with Delay, Distortion, Chorus, Flange, 4 Band EQ, Decimator, and Glitch algorithms.
4 x XY Pads, with direct assignment of ALL parameters for in-depth performance control. You can trigger notes directly from the Pads.
User assignable Keyboard with key selector(select the keys you need to play, not the rest)
*Binaural Beat Generator:
Votan Telepathy has been built with binaural synthesis in mind. You can assign each oscillator to play through Left or Right channels to create binaural beats with extended synthesis capabilities. The system can create all brain frequencies from 0.01hz up to megahertz. Get experimenting with the invisible frequencies of the mind.
*Votan Telepathy Audio Unit:
Votan Telepathy is also available an 32/64 bit AudioUnit and is a direct mirror of the iOS app and fully compatible with all presets. Your preset library is synced over all devices and apps.
Imagine the power of being able to create new soundscapes on your iDevice, then they magically appear in the DAW work session. Tweak sounds on the fly, then polish them into your productions.
The iOS app of course can also act as a touch controller for the audio unit offering almost zero latency control of multiple instances of the audio unit plugin. Totally integrated synthesis and control like never seen before.
The Votan Cloud is a powerful integrated Preset Management System. Users can create soundscapes and store them in their own device or in the Votan Cloud. In the Votan Cloud patches can be instantly shared with other users. The VotanDSP team will be in constant creation of new sounds so they will be instantly available for all users of the system. You can chose to make your preset library public or private.
For more details – http://www.votandsp.com/telepathy
ASlicer is a flexible granular synthesis based audio manipulation tool for creating truly out there sound compositions. Part sampler, part sequencer, part remix tool, the app lets your imagination run wild and transforms sound slices into new and exciting sonic shapes.
The app records to a sound buffer through the internal microphone (or AudioBus), from an audio file or both simultaneously. During the recording process the application detects hit points, which after the recording process has completed it uses to assign a series of slices to each of the apps 16 Tiles. Slice assignment can be changed manually afterwards if so desired. Each of the sixteen tiles is a playback machine in its own right with it’s own set of assignable playback parameters and Fx settings, which can be mixed and adjusted within each of the Tiles “Pad” mode. Patterns of tiles can be recorded and played back using the tile sequencer panel.
Playback slices, forward and reverse at different speeds
Extreme pitch shifting independent of playback speed
Window Adjustment, grainy!
Modulated Feedback Delay for generating some truly wild sounds
Filter and BitCrush Effects
Multiple playback modes for each tile offering versatile creative possibilities.
Pattern sequencer with 8 preset banks
Fx Preset Save and Recall
Project Save and Recall
Audio Export With In App Purchase
Share recorded tracks with Soundcloud With In App Purchase
AudioBus Support Input and Output
Import and export via iTunes
Purchase sample packs with a wide varied of studio produced sounds to remix.
Xynthesizr = ToneMatrix + a full-fledged synthesizer + instant generative music features.
Create music easily and intuitively. Just press play, tap on the grid buttons and hear what happens. It’s that simple, but that’s not all.
With its synthesizer and morphing features, Xynthesizr can be a classic ToneMatrix, an arpeggiated synth, a soft ambient generator, even a drone machine, and more. Check out the built-in patterns and presets to get the idea.
AUDIOBUS enabled (make sure you have Background Audio enabled in Xynthesizr settings)
• 1-32 steps variable pattern length
• Shake to clear
• Tempo control (1-300 BPM)
• 2 pattern morphing algorithms: [Conway’s Game of] Life-like cellular automata and randomized
• Extended range (26 notes for 4-inch screen devices, 22 notes for 3.5-inch)
• Selectable keys and scales
• Ability to tie consecutive notes of same pitch (effectively making them one long note)
• Color-coded octaves
• Scalar transposition
• 16 voice polyphony (12 for iPhone 3GS)
• 2 oscillators per voice
• 4 selectable waveforms (sine, triangle, sawtooth, square)
• Detune control
• 4-pole (24 dB/oct) low-pass resonant filter
• 2 ADSR envelope generators (amplitude and filter frequency)
• 2 LFOs
• 4 selectable LFO targets (filter frequency, pitch, amplitude, second oscillator detune)
• Stereo reverb and randomized panner
Available via In-App Purchase:
• Record and export audio via SoundCloud®, Mail and iTunes File Sharing
• Create your own scales and Life-like cellular automata rules
• Save your presets and patterns
So if you don’t own Propellerhead’s Figure, or Apple’s GarageBand, grab them while they are being given away, especially GarageBand which has just received a big update.Figure
Developer: Propellerhead Software AB
Developer: Apple Inc.
I know this has been out for a few weeks now, but due to travel I’ve only just had a decent chance to play around with it. Congrats goes to Aussie based developer Peter Johnson for creating another stellar synth for the iPad that not only sounds fantastic but is a breeze to operate. Two juicy oscillators are at the heart of this power subtractive synth, which expands on his previous offering Arctic Keys. I set out to see what sounds I could create from scratch, but to be honest the variety of the build-in presets from Skippy and Sunshine Audio are seriously killer sounds and better than anything I could come up with, short of having a few weeks off just to mess around with my own sounds. Probably the most fun I’ve had so far is with the new vocoder feature, which allows you ‘sing’ through any of the on-board sounds. I’ve only used the build-in mic so far, and the results are impressive, but can imagine how much better they’d be using a proper mic via an audio interface hooked up via USB. The sequencer is another powerful feature that I’ve yet to really explore but can see great potential in it. Add to this all the crucial patch sharing options and app-to-app operation, and it’s hard to find much to wish for that Arctic ProSynth doesn’t offer in a subtractive synthesizer. Read on for a full run down on the features –
Arctic Pro Synthesizer / Vocoder is a modern subtractive synthesizer. It does not aim to accurately model or re-create vintage synths of yesteryear. Instead Arctic Pro offers the contemporary synthesist a rude, rough, bold and tough palette of sound to get stuck into. Including two massively fat HyperOscillators, dual filters, and easy to re-order master effects. While the Vocoder, used in conjunction with a suitable microphone, adds an extra dimension to your musical performance.
Combine two HyperOscillators and one Sub Oscillator for some seriously fat sounds. Layer up to 8 oscillators in unison to create very thick and powerful tones. Spread detune and Mix these separate oscillators in real-time. More than just a “SuperSaw” – it’s also a Super-square and Super-triangle.
Legendary sound designer John ‘Skippy’ Lehmkuhl has exclusively designed the factory presets. John has worked as a professional sound designer since 1988 for Korg – making patches, combinations, drum kits as well as creating the sample data for almost every synth Korg has released since the M1. If you have owned one of these historic synthesizers you have heard John’s presets.
Arctic Pro includes everything you need to record and share your audio and MIDI with others. Live record to WAV and MIDI files. Upload to SoundCloud. Use AudioCopy, open audio directly in apps, or share with Kymatica AudioShare. Presets and Banks can be emailed and transferred via Wi-Fi and iTunes Files Sharing. And of course we also support Audiobus.
• Synthesis: analog modelling
• Polyphony: up to 4 voices
• HyperOscillators: 2 per voice, alias free, saw, triangle and square with pulse width, hard sync, ring mod, noise generator, sub-oscillator
• Filter: 2 multi-mode resonating filter with 4 filter types and variable routing
• Envelopes: mod, filter and amp ADSR envelopes with adjust curve
• Modulation: 2 LFOs with multiple wave shapes, sample and hold, 3 routable destinations per LFO, independently sync-able
• Effects: stereo master effect processors with adjustable order: 3-band EQ, Distortion, Chorus, Phaser, Vocoder, Delay, Reverb
• Arpeggiator: classic arpeggiator with octave shift, MIDI-sync-able
• Sequencer: 16 x 4 gated step sequencer with multiple modulation destinations, MIDI-sync-able
• Keyboard: glissando, scroll, multi-touch poly pitch bend and aftertouch
• Works with Wizdom Music’s Geo Synthesizer continuous pitch bend
• Polyphonic Aftertouch for use with CME Xkey
• KORG Wireless-Sync Start Technology (WIST)
• Sonoma AudioCopy
• MIDI Learn
• Live phrase recorder with audio and MIDI export
• File and patch sharing via iTunes File Sharing, e-mail and Wi-Fi
• Supports external MIDI in and out via CoreMIDI Networking and USB with the Camera Connection Kit
• Audio background operation
• Virtual MIDI Ports
• Open Music App Collaboration compliant
A powerful yet user-friendly FM synthesizer!
– Play music by playing shapes across the pad interface!
– No need for music theory – try it and you will see why!
– Comes with 20 high-quality free sounds!
– Morph pad allows you to morph your sounds while playing!
For the pros who want flexibility :
– 7 high quality FM algorithms to tinker with
– Access to every component in the algorithms
– 10 pristine effects consisting of Stereo Reverb, Delays, Pitch-shift Delays and more
– Supports Core-midi compatible keyboards like the Korg Nanokeys 2
– Works with Audiobus out of the box
iPad3 and above recommended for maximum joy playing.
For more details – http://tenaciousfrog.com/tf7-synth/