Shure is introducing the MOTIV™ range of digital products, a new plug-and-play microphone line aimed at individuals looking to capture high-quality, 24-bit 48 kHz audio via a Mac, PC or Apple iOS device for podcasts, YouTube videos, field recording, or to capture acoustic/vocal performances. All four members of the new MOTIV range are Apple MFi (made for iPhone, iPod, or iPad) certified devices, including three condenser models (the MV5, MV88 stereo model, and MV51 large-diaphragm model) and a sleek digital audio interface (MVi) that can connect directly to any iOS device without additional adapters or connection kits. For in-depth control, there’s also the free ShurePlus™ MOTIV Mobile Recording iOS app.
The microphones and interface come with five user-selectable DSP modes — Speech, Singing, Flat, Acoustic Instrument, and Loud — designed to help entry-level users seeking better audio quality, and which set audio parameters on the different models behind the scenes, including gain, EQ, and compression.
“The design of the MOTIV range acknowledges respected Shure products of the past, while offering the latest in modern technology and connectivity,” comments Shure Senior Product Manager Wolfgang Bilz. “The MOTIV range was conceived to offer everyone the means to record high-quality sound directly onto mobile and USB devices. With their advanced sound quality, durable construction, powerful DSP and flexible operation, they continue the high standards for which Shure is known.”
About MOTIV Digital Products
• MV5 Digital Condenser Microphone: The MV5 is ideal for recording vocals and acoustic instruments, or for use with Skype, and comes equipped with three DSP modes, Micro-B to USB and Micro-B to Lightning cables. Engineered for quick and easy portable use, the MOTIV MV5 has a custom tuned microphone capsule and a built-in headphone output for real-time monitoring. It’s available in grey and black and ships complete with a detachable desktop stand and integrated thread mount compatible with any quarter-inch standard camera tripod.
• MV88 iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone: The MV88 allows users of any Apple iPhone, iPod, or iPad equipped with a Lightning connector to capture high-quality field recordings on the go. The mid-side microphone element is situated on a hinged, rotating mount for flexible repositioning – even in video applications, and its five built-in DSP preset modes, plus 5-band EQ, stereo width control, and other advanced features are easily accessed through the free ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App.
• MV51 Digital Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone: Specifically engineered for high-quality digital audio capture, the all-digital MV51 connects to any iOS device, Mac, or PC, and comes with Micro-B to Lightning and Micro-B to USB cables. In addition to its five DSP preset modes for optimal recording, the MV51 includes the industry’s first touch panel control for quick access to gain, phantom power, mute, and headphone volume adjustments. The one-inch capsule element is easily monitored in real-time through the built-in headphone output, and the striking vintage design includes an integrated kickstand for desktop use, which quickly adapts for use with standard mic stands.
• MVi Digital Audio Interface: The durable, low-profile MVi connects any XLR microphone or quarter-inch (6.3 mm) jack instrument (guitar, bass, or keyboard) to an iOS device, Mac, or PC for high-quality audio capture. In addition to the five built-in DSP preset modes, the MVi also includes Micro-B to Lightning and Micro-B to USB cables, as well as Shure’s onboard touch panel control for quick access to gain, mute, and headphone volume adjustments.
• ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App: The free Recording App for iOS devices allows real-time adjustments for the best performance. The easy-to-use interface includes selectable DSP preset modes, microphone gain adjustment, and an intuitive stereo width control that adjusts the microphone pick-up pattern for optimal results, depending on the sound source and surrounding environment.
The MOTIV product line will be available in summer 2015.
Here’s the official link – http://www.shure.com/americas/stories/motiv-digital-microphones
PROFESSIONAL VOCAL EFFECTS
Transform your voice with 50 vocal presets from TC-Helicon, the industry leader in vocal processing. The vocal presets have been expertly authored allowing you to use your voice to create musical sounds including bass lines, drum sounds, or spice up your vocals with professional effects like reverb, echo, delay, distortion, pitch shifting or HardTune autotuning. These very same effects are used by some of your favorite musicians.
CONNECT AND INTEGRATE WITH OTHER APPS
Connect Voice Rack: FX with some of your favorite music apps including GarageBand, giving you the ability to use these studio quality vocal effects in combination with any Inter-App Audio or Audiobus capable app.
100% DEDICATED TO YOUR VOICE
Voice Rack: FX brings TC-Helicon’s studio quality effects to your mobile music making. The same technologies found in TC-Helicon’s class leading hardware and iOS products can be found in this app.
– 50 Vocal presets built using TC-Helicon voice processing algorithms including:
– HardTune for live, auto-tuned vocal effects
– Gender bending
– Pitch correction
– 4 radio buttons to store and instantly recall your favourite presets
– Audiobus connectivity
– Inter-App Audio connectivity
You can get started with Voice Rack: FX needing only a pair of headphones and your voice or bring it with you to your next gig and plug it directly into the PA system to add a new level of brilliance to your performance.
Voice Rack: FX was created by TC-Helicon, the world’s #1 professional audio company dedicated 100% to the needs of singers.
A Distinctive Audio App.
Attach and use any external microphone that connects to your iOS device.
Record and filter new or pre-existing audio right from your iOS device. Serious audio engineers, musicians, recording hobbyists…whoever you are, MicSwap is a highly intuitive tool that simulates a real studio environment.
Choose various microphone emulations, from classic ribbons to modern condensers, and record with the tap of a finger. If you want to tweak the sound, simply swap in another mic and the filter will change. Not feeling the studio you’re in? You can easily switch studios from the menu.
For an optimal audio experience, please use headphones.
-All current microphones and studio environments are included with purchase.
-Record through different mics for different sounds
-Swap mic filters to alter pre-existing audio
-Adjust the gain of any microphone
-Edit or trim recordings
-Enable / disable live monitoring
-Change backgrounds by swapping studio environments
-Color label recordings
-Sort recordings by date, title, duration, mic used, and color
-Read descriptions of each mic and studio
-Reorder mics. Put your favorites first.
SHARE & SYNC
iCloud, Dropbox, Facebook, SoundCloud, Twitter, SMS, Email, and Airdrop
-Import/Export audio over USB or WiFi using iTunes File Sharing
iPhone 4, 5, 6, iPod touch, and iPad, ipad 2, ipad air, iPad mini
**Requires iPhone OS 7.0 or later**
The perfect tool for any vocalist, whether exploring a musical idea, recording in a studio, or playing live. This is your vocal studio, you can bring it anywhere
PRO VOCAL EFFECTS:
50 Vocal Effects from TC-Helicon – the leader in vocal processing – offering a full pallet of production quality effects giving you real-time control of the vocal path at your fingertips. These effects include, Hardtune, Gender bending, Chorus, Flange, Transducer, Distortion, Delay, Reverb, Echo, Doubling and Micromod, just to name a few. These very same effects are used by some of your favorite musicians.
Record up to 4 fully independent loop tracks, with up to 8 minutes per loop. Voice Jam Studio can automatically keep all of your loops synchronized to the beat even if they are different lengths or if you trigger them at different times. Voice Jam Studio also synchronizes to external MIDI devices to allow it to be used in combination with other MIDI controllers and sound generators. Get started by choosing your beat sound from the built-in metronome, tap your finger to set the tempo, and create perfect loops with ease.
RECORD YOUR PERFORMANCE:
Capture your total performance and never lose the groove. Sing through FX, create and layer loops, evolve them, tear them down, mix, filter, trigger, and scrub them at will. Every aspect of your performance is captured including audio, video and all your app-interface interactions. Share the resulting music video with your friends, your fans, and the world on YouTube or SoundCloud.
CONNECT WITH OTHER APPS:
Voice Jam Studio takes you to the leading edge of looping with the ability to connect with other apps through Apple’s Inter-App Audio, AudioCopy, and Audiobus. It also synchronizes to external MIDI devices connected to the iPad. This means that you can choose your favorite drum app to start your beat, go to your guitar app to lay down your chords, and stream all of this into Voice Jam Studio to continue to build more depth into your performance.
– Pro Vocal Effects from TC-Helicon
– 4 fully independent stereo loops tracks
– Up to 8 minutes per loop
– Unlimited overdubs
– Performance audio and video recorder
– Share your music to YouTube
– Share your music to SoundCloud
– Audiobus Connectivity
– Inter-App Audio Connectivity
– iOS 8 Compatible – iPad
– Some of the same features found in VoiceLive 3
– MIDI sync support
– Multiple levels of undo / redo
– Multiple synchronization and playback modes
– Audio and visual metronome with stick, kick drum, shaker, tambourine, cowbell sound effects
– Stereo sound with pan and level control for each track
– Multitrack audio recorder
– Gentle to extreme pitch autocorrection
– Gender bending
– Micromod choruses & flanges
– Transducer fx and distortion
– Independent electronica filters per track
– Single-tap fade-in/fade-out automation
– Save your music for later
Record high quality audio files and upload them immediately. Keep track of your recordings with the Roadcast organizer.
+ Reliable recorder for radio reporters and powerful dictaphone.
+ Multiple audio formats: WAV, MP3 or AAC.
+ Various quality settings to configure the bitrate etc.
+ Supported export services: Dropbox, Soundcload, FTP, E-Mail.
+ Beautiful waveform with zoom capability.
+ Simple VU meter with gain slider.
+ Clean design: The simple user interface makes Roadcast easy and fun to use.
+ Sophisticated upload manager allows multiple uploads simultaneously. New files can be recorded even when uploads are in progress.
+ Powerful organizer to manage recordings.
+ Auto Naming: Custom file name patterns can be set for the file export.
+ Works with your iPhone’s internal and external microphones. Optimized for the USB microphones RØDE iXY, TASCAM iM2/iM2x and many more.
+ Visual warning when limited memory is available showing the remaining recording time.
+ Roadcast continues recording even when running in the background or when the screen is switched off.
August 5, 2014 - IK Multimedia, the global technology leader in mobile apps and accessories, today announced it’s shippingiRig® Mic HD, the first mobile digital microphone for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and PC. The sequel to IK’s popular iRigMic, iRig Mic HD is the perfect tool for singers, podcasters, online radio broadcasters, journalists, videographers, home studio enthusiasts and anyone else who needs to record high-definition digital audio on the go. iRig Mic HD comes in black and an exclusive silver version is available only from the Apple Store. Powerful, mobile and affordable: iRig Mic HD is the first handheld digital microphone for everyone.
Designed to perform
iRig Mic HD is the only mobile digital condenser microphone designed for live handheld performance and recording. It delivers high-quality digital sound via an electret condenser capsule, a 24-bit audiophile-grade A/D converter (with 44.1/48 kHz sample rate) and a built-in low-noise high-definition preamp. iRig Mic HD sports an easy-to-use gain control that allows for optimum audio capture at any sound pressure level, from the quiet whisper of an ambient room to the full blast of a loud rock concert. A multi-colour LED provides at-a-glance monitoring of sound levels.
Professional plug-and-play sound
For superior recording quality on the move, iRig Mic HD plugs directly into the digital input of your iOS device. iRig Mic HD is compatible with the latest generation of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices via its included Lightning cable. An optional 30-pin connector is available for legacy iOS devices. You can also use it for instant plug-and-play compatibility with your computer using the included USB cable to connect to your Mac or PC (driver download required for PC).
A full spread of apps
For immediate recording, iRig Mic HD comes fully equipped with a suite of powerful IK apps: iRig® Recorder for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is a straightforward audio and editing app for field recording and interviews. VocaLive™ for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is a powerful vocal effects and multi-track recording app with a suite of 12 professional real-time vocal effects. AmpliTube® for iOS, Mac and PC is the industry-standard guitar studio app that features ultra-accurate digital models of some of the world’s most desirable guitar amplifiers and effects. EZ Voice for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is an easy-to-use vocal recording app that lets you sing-along and record with any song in your iTunes music library. iRig Mic HDis also compatible with a wide variety of third party apps, like GarageBand, Cubasis, ProStudio Vocal FX, MultiTrack DAW and more.
The iRig Recorder App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.appstore.com/irigrecorder
The VocaLive App is available from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.appstore.com/vocalive
The EZ Voice App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.appstore.com/ezvoice
The AmpliTube app is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.appstore.com/amplitubefree
Register and download AmpliTube FREE for Mac and PC from the IK Multimedia site or at www.ikmultimedia.com/
Pro sound at an affordable price
iRig Mic HD is so affordable that now anyone can capture high-quality digital audio on the go. Whether it’s broadcast interviews in the field, home recording in the studio, memo recording for the office or anywhere else audio needs to be captured.
Pricing and Availability
iRig Mic HD is now available from music and electronics retailers worldwide for $129.99/€99.99 (excluding taxes). Anexclusive silver version is also available from the Apple Store.
For more information, please visit
***INTRODUCING NEW DAW-STYLE EDITING FEATURES IN VOCALIVE VERSION 2.0*** (available via in-app purchase)
VocaLive provides singers and vocalists with a suite of 12 real-time professional vocal effects along with a capable recorder for studio-quality sound in a portable package. The effects can be combined into a chain of 3 processors and saved as presets. A collection of up to 50 presets is included to get you up and running immediately.
VocaLive for iPhone includes 5 Vocal Effects – Pitch Fix (for tuning correction or stylized quantization FX), Choir (a 3-part harmonizer), Morph (a formant shifter to change the tonal quality of the voice from subtle deepening to radical gender bending), De-Esser (to remove sibilance from the voice), and Double (by registering) – along with 7 Studio Effects – Reverb, Delay, Parametric EQ, Compressor, Chorus, Phazer and Envelope Filter – that together provide unparalleled creative processing power.
With VocaLive you can record vocals and instruments, process your recordings with effects, sing along to any song in your iTunes Music library — its Voice Cancel feature lets you practice over the existing vocals — and warm up your voice with its helpful included vocal warm-up tools. VocaLive is an incredible professional vocal effects workstation that you can take with you anywhere.
And now you can also take advantage of VocaLive 2.0’s new studio section, which lets you record and edit audio like in a computer DAW. It has an intuitive interface that gives you a detailed waveform visualization (with a time grid and quick undo/redo), touch-and-drag looping, easy punch-in and punch-out recording, a quick per-channel FX enable/disable button and streamlined access to all recording and mixing controls.
For the best quality, use VocaLive on stage with iRig Mic HD, IK’s new high-quality handheld digital microphone. But you can also have fun with it and record quick ideas using the built-in microphone on your iPhone or earbuds.
VocaLive also supports digital audio input devices so you can use any standard 30-pin/Lightning audio interface.
Use a MIDI interface like iRig MIDI 2 to control your vocal processors “hands-free” with a MIDI floor controller.
VocaLive is Audiobus compatible*; use it with compatible audio apps in any Audiobus Slot.
• Real time vocal processor + recording app
• 3-processor vocal effects chain
• 12 professional studio-quality vocal effects
• Single-track recorder expandable to a full 4-track recording studio available for purchase in the in-app Shop
• Studio section* (available via in-app purchase) offers DAW-style features: waveform visualization and editing, touch-and-drag looping, normalization, punch-in/punch-out recording and more
• AutoFreeze (allows each track to have its own full effects chain)
• Import and play songs to be used as backing tracks directly from your Music library or computer
• Audiobus support*
• Voice Cancel feature lets you create sing-along backing tracks by removing the vocal track from existing recordings
• Audio Copy/Paste
• 50 presets included with 4 Favorites for fast recall
• Includes metronome and vocal warm-up tools
• MIDI controllable
• Digital Audio Support
• Low-latency for real time vocal processing
• Sing, hum, rap, strum. Take captures your musical ideas—anytime, anywhere.
With a single tap you’ll be recording, beatboxing, overdubbing, riffing, writing, trying out song ideas that you’ll want to share with the world.
• Feel the groove. Stay on the beat. Keep in time.
Inspiring built-in clicks, loops and beats to kick start your creativity.
• Add new parts, double them up, create harmonies, sketch out the song
Three tracks to build on your tune and flesh out your ideas.
• Surprise yourself with how good you sound.
Processing and effects that make your iPhone’s mic shine.
• Share on Facebook, Twitter, email.
Designed by Propellerhead Software—makers of Figure, Apple App of the Year 2012—Take is a creative recorder for musicians. It’s got the same drop-dead simplicity you’ve come to expect with your voice memos, with features custom-tailored to vocalists’ needs—like the ability to record harmonies along with your voice, blend in effects to sweeten the sound and sing along to an array of beats and rhythms. Take will soon become your go-to sketchpad for musical ideas.
Featuring a precise instrument tuner, scale generator, decibel & frequency readouts, metronome, stopwatch, workout timer, 2-track recorder, frequency audio waveform scanner & more.
Tune your instrument, improve your intonation (pitch), lock in your timing and create a personalized workout to hone your musical & vocal chops!
+ Professionally tune your guitar, bass, voice or stringed instrument with the most precise tuner available based on five visual pitch references
+ Improve vocal pitch, power & breath control with our Glass Breaker/Intonation Trainer based on Jaime Vendera; the world’s first documented singer to shatter glass by voice alone (MythBusters)
+ Unique seven octave pitch wheel with staccato pitch reference and endless sustain mode
+ Accurately zero in on your own pitch using Tuned XD’s smart-tune technology to separate your vocal frequency from the frequency of the pitch wheel
“Your instrument, Your voice, Your rules”
+ Build personalized vocal, piano, or guitar scales to train your voice and fingers for increased strength and dexterity
+ Over 45 practice scales covering major, minor, blues, augmented scales, and more
+ Over 30 vocal scales based on exercises from Jaime Vendera’s books, Raise Your Voice, Raise Your Voice 2 & SingFit
+ Vibrato and Dynamic scales
+ Set the speed, duration, and range of each scale
+ Record, save, import, and email your scale via Tuned XD’s 2-track recorder
“Record your voice or instrument for a precision practice session”
+ Two-track practice recorder for recording individual practice scales and rehearsals
+ Record as you sing or strum along to music tracks to review your progress
+ Load previous recorded tracks and load tracks from your playlist
+ Save your recordings to Tuned XD and share via Email
“Ultimate Timing Trainer”
+ Improve your timing with Tuned XDs tap, slide & set metronome
+ Practice breathing exercises and time your workouts with our stopwatch & training timers
+ Set your metronome to sound during scale workouts
“Sleek, stunning interface”
+ Tuned XD’s single face top/bottom layout features all the functions at the touch of a finger
+ Choose your function from central icon bar
+ Tuner, dB meter, and frequency audio waveform scanner display works simultaneously with ALL functions
+ Switch to full screen seven-octave pitch wheel with the touch of a button
Tuned XD is a digital vocal coach, personal music trainer & tuner in the palm of your hand! Get ready to turn your rehearsal session into a professional workout. We want you to get the most out of Tuned XD. For a video demonstration, support, or if you have any questions or suggestions please visit tunedxd.com
ScratchVOX lets you create realistic lead melodies, easily manipulate them anyway you wish – then sync and record them into GarageBand.
What’s different about ScratchVOX?
ScratchVOX isn’t another skeuomorphic instrument, nor a vague pitch-to-pixel canvas – but a new & intuitive way to accurately interact with note objects on your iPad: so you can change, undo or evolve melodies in real time.
Drawing flat note-paths “on-the-grid” creates notes that are right-on-pitch – where as curved paths create sliding transitions. Or you can experiment by simply squiggling around the pitch and volume grids to discover fun new grooves. Whatever paths you input, ScratchVOX plays them instantly and accurately – and does so with complete fidelity.
This is as close as you can get to mastery of an instrument – without mastering an instrument: precise and effortless control at your fingertips.
True: ‘Eye meets Ear’
Because ScratchVOX notes are purely mathematical descriptions, you have the unprecedented ability to endlessly modify them without any distortion. This enables a whole new way to make music: you can build melodies by copying, pitch-shifting, inverting and stretching your paths. Your modded paths accurately recreate their new pitch/volume/duration shapes – while maintaining a completely smooth tone – even if you radically change your beats-per-minute.
But wait – there’s more …..
All path inputs – whether drawing or modifying – can be done ‘live’ in play mode. So once you’ve synced and recorded your melody into GarageBand, you can jam around in ScratchVOX to your looping GarageBand track. Do on-the-fly pitch-shifting of your just-recorded paths to build harmonies. Or just keep morphing and modding your paths to create a DJ-style experience. You can have the same fun jamming with ScratchVOX to GarageBand’s loops, or to iTune songs imported into GarageBand.
Welcome to our sonic sandbox!
• Interface provides intuitive form of music notation that lets you immediately start creating real melodies
• All notes are objects, not just “squiggles”, so they can be moved, copied and manipulated.
• Comes with electric guitar, violin, tenor sax, synth bass and trombone
• Complete control of volume and pitch dynamics literally at your fingertips
• Notes can be pitch-shifted, inverted and stretched without any distortion
• Notes can go from 1 to 600 beats-per-minute without any change in pitch or loss of fidelity
• “Stickiness” pad lets you draw freehand to whatever exactness of pitch/volume/beat you require.
• Record directly into GarageBand to build songs and harmonies
• Sync to GarageBand to do DJ-style jams to your recorded tracks, to GarageBand loops, or to songs imported into GarageBand from your iTunes library.