SONIC ADVENTURES FOR EVERYONE
Build sonic universes from your own voice. The innovative audio engine behind Vio goes far beyond existing voice effects to create novel, futuristic vocal styles. Vio’s sound spaces vary in character from edgy and energetic to mellow and relaxing. Whether you are an amateur or seasoned professional, Vio’s pitch correction technology ensures that everyone sounds in tune and is beautifully harmonized.
Get lost! Explore each sound space by touching Vio’s swirling particle vortex. Move the vortex around the screen and change how your voice is transformed–harmony is added or subtracted, melodies emerge and disappear, and reverberations shape shift.
Double-tap the screen, loop what you have just sung or hummed, and focus on morphing your sound with the particle visualizer.
RECORDING AND SHARING
Record your performances and share them via email, SoundCloud, Dropbox, or iTunes file sharing. Choose between compressed and high quality audio files.
Visit transformyourvoice.com to learn about advanced features like changing keys and recording high quality audio.
RØDE Microphones has announced the release of the smartLav, a new lapel microphone that connects directly to the headset jack of Apple iOS devices. Compatible with the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, smartLav delivers premium quality audio capture in a compact and accessible form factor.
The smartLav is a professional-grade wearable microphone designed for use in a wide range of fi lm, television and broadcast scenarios, or wherever professional quality audio is required in a discreet, portable format without the complication and expense of additional wireless equipment, particularly where multiple talent is involved. With the smartLav the user simply mounts the microphone on the talent, connects it to the iOS device’s headset jack and records via the RØDE Rec or RØDE Rec LE apps.
By employing a high quality omni-directional condenser capsule the smartLav captures sound in a forgiving 360 degrees, allowing for versatility when mounting and ensuring a high degree of user-friendly operation.
“The smartLav is an exciting solution that makes professional quality audio available to anyone with access to an Apple iOS device,” explained Damien Wilson, RØDE’s Marketing and Sales Director. “For filmmakers or wedding videographers that have struggled to simultaneously record multiple talent this product truly is an incredibly simple and cost effective solution.”
A foam pop shield is included to minimise wind noise and vocal plosives (hard ‘b’, ‘t’ and ‘p’ sounds), as well as a durable mounting clip with in-built cable management. The smartLav has been designed to pair perfectly with the RØDE Rec app for Apple iOS devices, and is also compatible with any iOS audio app that accepts input from the headset connection. RØDE Rec turns the user’s iOS device into a fully-featured field recorder, with a wide range of equalisation pre-sets to suit various recording situations, in addition to professional editing functions and the ability
to publish to SoundCloud and Dropbox directly from the app.
“Both the smartLav and the recently announced RØDE iXY stereo microphone showcase the possibilities of the RØDE Rec app as more than an isolated piece of software,” Mr Wilson explained, “but also as a platform and hub for a range of professional grade audio devices. This platform leverages the portability and popularity of Apple’s iOS devices to make content creation easier than ever.”
The smartLav is shipping to authorised RØDE retailers worldwide this month, at a suggested retail price of US$60. For more information please visit www.smartlav.com.
Singing Teacher is a powerful application that lets you analyze your voice in deep resolution anywhere you go. Contains several impressive features together in REAL TIME like: – singing note analyzer text and on keyboard – oscilloscope – voice chart – level meter in dB – stop/start button – noise treshold control – mic boost Application exports .csv table file to iTunes and can make screenshot directly to your gallery. Hobbyist or singers, this application can give you exact image about your singing skills. Recommended for singing teachers to test and help teach their students.
Auto-Tune® Star includes the official, original and REAL Auto-Tune® technology, don’t be fooled by imitations! Best selling music app in 40 countries!
Ever wondered how your favorite music stars get that cool effect on their voice? They all use Auto-Tune®. Now you can get the same effect as your favorite music star by using this app!
Includes 2 modes:
1. STUDIO MODE
FIRST, record a “dry” vocal, THEN adjust Auto-Tune to that recording as you listen.
- Record your voice. (Don’t save yet, just listen)
- Press play and choose the best Auto-Tune® sound with the slider.
- Add Alien and/or Choir effects!
- Adjust pitch shift!
A more advanced mode, requires more skill.
Sing and adjust Auto-Tune and RECORD in real time.
(External speakers or headphones required)
Transform your voice into a choir with up to four voices !
Harmony Voice is a pitch shifter and harmonizer with professional features including automatic tuning correction.
A realtime visual intonation-display gives you feedback of the tunes you sing.
You can sing and Harmony voice will add up to four voices
according to the chords you play with the piano keyboard.
Instead of playing the chords yourself you can let Harmony Voice play the chords automatically to enrich the sound of your voice in a musically pleasant way.
The voice character can be adjusted in a way that you can turn a female voice into a male voice and the other way round.
• Four part realtime Harmonizer / Pitch corrector
• Different Harmonizer modes:
- Manual harmonization by playing chords with up to four notes while singing
- Automatic harmonization ( Kraehenbuehl )
- Play base note and Harmony Voice adds appropriate chords
- Directly play the tunes for up to four voices with the keyboard.
• Select key note and scale for harmonization and pitch correction.
• Harmonies can be in just ( Barbershop ) or tempered tuning.
• Mix your original voice with the harmonized parts.
• Change the voice character.
• Play background track from your iTunes library.
• Hi-end reverb effect for room simulation.
• Chorus and Delay effect.
• Use a CoreMIDI compatible Interface to control Harmony Voice with a MIDI Keyboard.
• Audio recorder with Metronome.
• Upload to SoundCloud and File Export.
• Audio pasteboard for exchange with other Apps
Headphones are required to avoid feedback. Headsets with mic work great, for best quality we recommend IK Multimedia’s iRig Mic.
Developer: VirSyn Software Synthesizer
Your voice is an instrument right? Well why not give it the same coaching and refining any other instrument deserves! This appears to be a proven technique for vocal training, that is now available for iOS. Let me know if you’ve used it, and if it works a treat…
Voice Builder™ is a breakthrough iOS application for bringing power, resonance, range, flexibility, and endurance to the singing or speaking voice. It is the only application of its kind to be based on The Catona Voice Building System™, the revolutionary vocal exercise program for developing the muscles of the human voice.
The Catona Voice Building System is the brainchild of renowned voice builder Gary Catona, who has trained many of today’s most successful singers and entertainers, including:
- Whitney Houston
- Andrea Bocelli
- Lenny Kravitz
- Tony Bennett
- Lionel Ritchie
- And many others
- Neutral Tone Technology™: Instead of vocalizing to a pre-recorded human voice (and its imperfections), you instead vocalize to a tone that is always in perfect pitch.
- Voice-building exercises play automatically with a simple touch of a button.
- Volume & pitch guides provide an effective visual aid in performing voice-building exercises in the correct pitch and volume.
- Over 20 voice-building sessions for both male and female singers and speakers. A setup wizard makes choosing the right voice-building session quick & easy.
- Gary Catona guides you every step of the way with audio commands and numerous video demonstrations.
- A short video tutorial gets you up to speed quickly on both The Catona Voice Building System and the Voice Builder application.
Long considered a well-guarded secret in the entertainment industry, Voice Builder now makes the Catona Voice Building System available to the world by means of an elegant, innovative, and intuitive application which is a pleasure to use, whether it be at home or on-the-go.
Still one of my fav music apps on iPad, Rockmate is so refreshing and fun to play, especially with a bunch of….mates! Apart from an expected Retina visual update, there’s some new sounds, plus singers can now join the jam!
Fingerlab is very proud to announce the new version of Rockmate V1.1 with the addition of new super cool features: microphone, Retina graphics, new sharing options, new drum kits and new keyboard kits, for an even better music experience with your iPad.
-New exports: FaceBook, SoundCloud, AudioCopy
-6 new drums kit
-8 new keyboard kit
-3 octave keyboard
-Minor bug fixes
Voco is a touch-controlled phase vocoder for manipulating sampled sound.
The sound is mapped onto the screen, with time running left to right, and pitch up and down. By touching the screen the sound can be manipulated and played like an instrument.
Sounds can be loaded as wav files through iTunes or sampled directly via the microphone or input socket.
Launched back in 2010, iVoxel, was the first appearance of a vocoder app for iOS. Since then it’s gone universal and enjoyed plenty of new features. This latest update sees improved sound, syncing, and pitch features plus more. Grab it while it’s 50% off too! Read on for a full run down on the v2.0 update -
iVoxel is not only an amazingly sounding vocoder for iPhone/iPod and iPad/Mac – the unique concept of iVoxel turns this vocoder into a singing machine going far beyond the capabilities of traditional and software vocoders on any platform.
iVoxel lets you:
- Speak or sing into your head set mic transforming your voice in a wide variety of ways.
- Record words, syllables or other sounds into the voxel dictionary for later reuse.
- Play different voxels live on the keyboard with ingenious pitch bending.
- Arrange and play melodies with the built in sequencer and add the lyrics from a user expandable dictionary of voxels.
iVoxel is a combination of a voice optimized synthesizer and a vocoder with an unprecedented intelligibility. The vocoder part is based on the Matrix vocoder from VirSyn used by many famous artists – one of them the well known german group Kraftwerk. The channel filters used by iVoxel are based on the Sennheiser Vocoder VSM201 resulting in a rich and fat analogue sound characteristic.
iVoxel 2.0 major features:
- Realtime pitch following
- Automatic tuning correction to selectable scale
- Improved sound quality with new oscillators
- Voxel editing
- Hi-end Reverb
- Virtual MIDI
- Background audio
- Soundcloud integration
- WIST synchronisation
Video trailer of the v2.0 details -
A free version, with limited features, is finally available for SongMaker which first launched back in 2010. The full version is under $2.00 at the moment anyway, so if you have a need for some simple vocal manipulation plus some backing loops, this could be a handy app. Give this freebie a spin to see what you think anyway.
Sing and create YOUR OWN song in an easier way than ever.
Also, you can sound like a pro whatever you sing.
● SING AND CREATE YOUR OWN SONG.
Simply sing into the microphone whatever you’d like to sing.
Play and hear your voice becoming in harmony with backing track.
● VARIETY OF OPTIONS FOR VOICE MANIPULATION
While playing back your recording you can do followings on the fly:
- Turn on/off chorus effect that overlays realistic harmony to your original recording.
- Choose tuning level for the pitch-correction (level 0 equal to turning-off).
- Choose to boost overall pitch manually by 5 steps. (up to 1 octave)
● REMIX BACKING TRACKS
Yet another elaborated feature to make your song unique.
You can easily remix your background track with a variety of pre-recorded loops.
In each Pack, you have lots of loops of 8 different instruments you can put together into the track.
● CREATE RINGTONES
Once you’ve saved your song, you can create ringtone with the built-in easy-to-use ringtone maker.
Ringtones will be sent via email, and you can load the ringtones into your iPhone with iTunes.
Share your songs on Facebook.
Also, you may attach your song to email in mp3 or m4a format.
- For iPod Touch (earlier than 4th gen) users, external mic is required.
- Use headphones while recording for the best result.
- Record in a quiet place for the best recording.