JACK is more than just one app. It is a system that connects the music and audio world on your iOS device. JACK allows audio channels and MIDI ports of your audio & music apps to be connected with each other. It does not force a predefined schema in which way apps shall be connected with each other. You can freely connect them in any way you want, intuitively like drawing on a paper. Besides audio & MIDI interconnection, JACK provides other very useful mechanisms to let your audio apps work together like never before. For example record/playback synchronization between DAWs and sequencer apps. Arbitrary data sharing among apps and much more. Even though JACK is quite new on iOS, it already came a long way. Providing you the most professional and powerful environment for your audio apps, highly optimized with explicit multi core support, low latency and maturity which it gained over many years of usage and development on other operating systems already. JACK is an open standard, which can freely be supported by anybody.
- Audio connections between apps and external devices¹.
- MIDI connections between apps and external devices¹.
- Record/Playback synchronization between apps.
- Multi Core CPU support for high performance (parallelized internal audio graph).
- Low Latency Performance (configurable, i.e. 2ms buffer sizes).
- Arbitrary, custom data sharing among apps (allows easy extensions of the system).
- Arbitrary amount of audio & MIDI ports per app, changeable at runtime.
- Intuitive user interface that allows you to easily manage all audio and MIDI connections, environment settings, monitor current overall CPU usage and more …
For more info head here - http://www.crudebyte.com/jack-ios