studio.M is the multitrack music creation app for songwriters, producers and musicians on the go. Based on the top-selling studio.HD app, it offers 4 audio tracks, mono or stereo (upgradeable to 8) with recording, editing, an extensive loop library plus automated mixing and effects all controlled by a fast and creative touch interface. Get ideas down fast and work with them anywhere!
Grab a beat and throw down a rap, capture the spark of a song before it’s gone or produce dance tracks on the go. It’s even great for making custom soundtracks for your next YouTube movie!
MULTITRACK TO GO
studio.M gives you up to 4 tracks (stereo or mono) of playback, upgradeable to 8 tracks (via in-app studio.MX edition upgrade). Choose a drum loop, play a guitar part, add some overdubs and layer-on the textures. More cowbell!
AUTOMATIC TEMPO MATCHING
Want to use loops at different tempos than your song? Need to speed-up the tempo to dial in that perfect groove? studio.M automatically conforms audio BPM to the Projects tempo.
BROWSE AND AUDITION LOOPS
Loop Sets logically group instrument parts (drums, bass, guitars, keys, etc.) that work well together. Audition loops at current Project tempo playing with the current arrangement.
INCLUDES GREAT SOUNDING LOOP CONSTRUCTION KITS
Get access to over 100 loops as remixable Loop Sets spanning Trance, Hip-Hop, Breakbeat, Drum ’n’ Bass, Minimal, Progressive House, Reggaeton, Industrial, Rock, Pop, Funk and Country styles. Upgrade in-app to the studio.MX version and get access to another 130 loops.
IN-APP LOOP STORE
Hit a creative wall? Buy some new loops and get the juices flowing or grab one of the free sets on the store. Loops available from major 3rd party plus smaller boutique dance producers!
RECORD YOUR BEST … then make it better!
Hit Record, listen to the count-off and jam! Use Loop Record to lay down a few takes and choose your best or edit together a hybrid. Touching the track multiple times switches between Record, Play or Mute mode.
ARRANGE YOUR SONG WITH YOUR BARE HANDS!
Grab your audio parts and Edit away! A fast, touch interface makes it all easier.
EFFORTLESSLY ZOOM AROUND YOUR MUSIC
Zoom in and out of your arrangement quickly. studio.M even “Auto-Zooms” the whole composition in view with a double-touch.
All operations intelligently snap to Bar/Beat based on Zoom level. The LOOP CONTROL BAR lets you change the region you want to loop PLUS lets you Cut/Copy/Paste whole verses/choruses. LOOP/repeat a part to play it longer. SPLIT feature lets you cut longer files into smaller pieces. CROP feature lets you make your current edit into a new, truncated, loopable file. Plus 10 levels of Undo!
AUTOMATED MIXING WITH AND REAL TIME EFFECTS!
Each track has volume control and can be assigned up to 4 effects with automation. studio.M includes, Compression, Pan, Low/Hi Pass Filter and Reverb. Buy the MX upgrade to add Delay, Flanger, Gate, Stutter, BitCrusher and Glitchy Repeater! An X-Y touch pad controls the effects and faders control volumes.
FILE MANAGEMENT FEATURES
New recordings associated with your project can be seen in the Arrange view. Delete recordings by simply dragging them off the timeline. Mistakes? Just hit “Undo”. Archive recordings, Projects, mixdowns and user-created custom loops to the computer.
IMPORT AND ORGANIZE YOUR OWN LOOPS
Import your 44.1/16 bit WAV files via iTunes Shared Documents. Edit recordings and add them to “My Loop” sets for reuse across multiple Songs/Projects.
EXPORT A MIX TO YOUR COMPUTER!
Create a 16/44 WAV mix and save it to your Mac/PC via iTunes. Wow your friends with a mix of your latest song!
AUDIO COPY/PASTE FROM GRUVTRON AND OTHER APPS
Record a cool synth performance in Gruvtron or other ACP-compatible apps and paste it into studio.M as an audio file.
For more info – http://www.soundtrends.com/apps/studiom/
Loopseque for the iPad has been out for a little while, but we just saw this over at Palmsounds
Loopseque is an incredibly simple app for creating music. With Loopseque making music is like playing a game. Create beats, switch fast between patterns and arrange compositions. You can access your music instantly and everywhere.
- Designed for fun and improvisation
- Attractive for both beginners and professionals
- Suitable for all ages
- “Big Wheel” mode for easy pattern creation
- “Wheel Matrix” mode for fast switch between patterns
- Master Class. Learn to make music in different styles
- Tap and Sync for team play
- Swing option to add motion to the beat
- Cut, Copy and Paste
- Load & Save projects
- At Home: on your own, together with a friend or even with the whole family
- At a Party: it’s fun in any setting. Amuse your friends, make music together
- On a Trip: on board of a plane, in a car, or on a train
- On Stage: improvise during live performances, create new beats on the fly
- 32-step circle sequencer
- 4 channels with 9 patterns per channel
- 17 professionally-designed electonic sample sets
- 5 sample sets for kids
- 14 preinstalled basic music compositions
- * Special “mini” design for best usability on iPhone & iPod Touch
- * Pixel accurate desing for the exciting Retina Display
- * iPhone 4 & 3GS: great performance, smooth animations
- * iPhone 3G: high quality sound, but with limited animations
The folks at Sonoma Wire Works have added to their InstantDrummer collection with three new musical genres this month, including Nu Metal, Country and Supa Funk. As before, the features are basically the same across the series, it’s just the sound loops that are different.
The InstantDrummer iPhone App provides easy to use, customizable drum loops in your pocket. Pick a groove, tap in a tempo, and InstantDrummer inspires you to play along with continuously varying drum tracks using perfectly matched, full kit studio drum recordings.
InstantDrummer: Supa Funk is first in a series of InstantDrummer iPhone Apps based on forthcoming Discrete Drums UrbanBeat collection.
Better than a metronome! Set the tempo and let InstantDrummer keep the beat for you.
Better than a drum machine! InstantDrummer gives you a pro drummer recorded in a real studio. Adjust and build the recordings into drum tracks for your songs.
Spin the INTENSITY wheel to set the mood from mellow to aggressive. Add some VARIATION to get a constantly evolving beat. AMBIENCE adds room sound and GAIN sets the level. No tedious editing or disappointing sounds, just a great drummer, ready to jam.
Some of InstantDrummer’s Features:
• 60 MB of funk and hip hop drum recordings
• Adjustable tempos – Originally recorded at 86 BPM, but still sounds great at tempos above 150.
• 8 parts (including Bridge, Chorus A, Chorus B, Ending 1-bar, Ening 4-bar, Extras, Lead-ins and Verse) many with auto-fills on the last bar
• 65 loops (includes room and dry)
• Quickly build an entire song using the part sequencer
• EQ/Compressor and Master Effects
• WiFi sync your drum recordings to your laptop with or without a router
• AudioCopy from InstantDrummer and then AudioPaste into compatible apps like FourTrack
• AudioCopy – AudioCopy your drum arrangement into FourTrack 3.0 multitrack audio recorder for the iPhone and iPod touch 2nd Gen
• Duplicate Arrangements – Duplicate your sequence so you can make further changes without losing your original arrangement
For details on the whole series, head to the developer’s website – http://www.sonomawireworks.com/iphone/instantdrummer/
Just when you thought you’d seen every kind of interface, along comes O-Gawa.
Yudo are no slouches in the music app world, having brought you Matrix Music Pad, 8Bitone, Rectools and Vocoder SV-5 amongst others.
And now they drop O-Gawa for iPad.
What amazes me about all the apps coming out are the innovative interfaces people come up with, and this one is awesome!
Slice has been out for a little while now. it basically allows you to rearrange and mangle your loops.
the interface is what makes it special, check out the video.
for more info, head here. thestrangeagency.com
Looptastic Producer, the flagship of Sound Trends’ line of mobile music-production apps, is now more expressive, thanks to a flexible new mixer and effects. The three mixer zones now expand on the fly to fit the loops you add, facilitating custom cueing and submixes. Performers can now mute or maximize each loop with a single tap on its fader. And each zone can now be switched in or out of the effects loop with a tap, adding variety and motion to the mix.
A new “scratch strip” above the faders shows the waveform of the last loop touched; tapping anywhere on the waveform retriggers the sound from that point. In looping mode, the sound then continues from the correct point in the recording: Scratch without screwing up! Turn off looping mode, and the sound plays only while your finger is down — excellent for deconstructing speech and triggering sound effects. Tap the side of the screen and the new tempo slider glides out; Looptastic changes the tempo without changing the pitch.
Five new effects join the four existing filters (low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, and notch) on the X-Y effects screen:
- Gate — creates a rhythmic pulsing effect ideal for chopping up vocals. Vertical movements on the touchpad control how long the gate stays open; horizontal movements control the number of pulses per second.
- Bit-crusher — adds the crunchy distortion of old video games. Vertical movements control bit depth, adding noise and distortion; horizontal movements control the sampling rate, adding metallic artifacts.
- Flanger — adds a tunnel-like resonance that’s ideal for animating percussion or pads. Vertical movements control feedback, imparting a metallic whine; horizontal movements control delay, sweeping the pitch of the resonance.
- Glitchy Repeater — captures and repeats brief segments of sound for a stuttering effect. Vertical movements control the number of repeats; horizontal movements control the duration of the segment.
- Delay — adds rhythmic echoes to make a part stand out or “swing.” Vertical movements control feedback (number of echoes); horizontal movements control the length of each echo. Analog-style interpolation creates dub-style pitch-shifting as you move your finger.
You can even combine the effects for more dramatic textures. The new Effect Hold button locks in the last settings, allowing the performer to, for example, swap in a distorted drum groove or echoed sound bite and then get back to mixing.
Sound Trends President Aaron Higgins remarks, “Looptastic 3 incorporates some of our customers’ most creative suggestions, implemented in a way that makes the app even easier to use. In light of all the new features, we raised the price 50 percent, but as a thank-you to our supporters, we’re allowing current Looptastic Producer owners to upgrade for free.”
Head to the developer’s website for more details – http://www.soundtrends.com